• Rating 1.50/10 32 reviews

Restaurant.com is not a merchant member
    Restaurant.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Restaurant.com contact information

Product & services pricing Rating 3.13/10 3.13/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10

"I don't write reviews, but I felt this time I should. I've never ordered from restaurant.com before and was thrilled when Eversave.com offered a combination of a $50 restaurant.com gift card and 2 movie tickets all for $22. Great deal. But, my huge disappointment is with the selection of restaurants that participate on restaurant.com. I barely recognize any of the places listed and some of the locations are not in the best part of town. I went through the 51 pages and read every single restaurant and only found 4 I would choose to walk into, there's not even a generic Chili's or McDonald's listed. I've lived in Columbus, OH for 15 years, I'm well aware of places to eat in town. Very, very disappointed and would recommend you not bother buying. I'm embarrassed that I fell for this scam. Research before you buy!"

"I ordered 5 gift "cards" with a guarantee free 3 day delivery if my purchase was $40 or greater. My plan was to give them out as Christmas gifts. I did not receive anything in the mail, so I contacted customer service at restaurant.com (4 times via e-mail) and I have not received any satisfaction. I received generic emails, not addressing my specific concern. The company is trying to pawn off certificates as opposed to my original “card purchase. I requested a refund and was told that restaurant.com has a no refund policy. Okay fine, how about providing me with what I purchased. Why would there be a free 3 day delivery on “E” (electronic) gift cards? If I were purchasing E-gift cards, I could send them electronically. Hmm… Still no resolution."

"I have purchased several gift certificates on restaurant.com and given many as gifts. I have not heard any complaints from anyone I've given the gift to. If you understand the terms of the certificate before paying there shouldn't be issues. And be sure to point out the terms if you give a certificate as a gift to someone.

I looked through some of the negative reviews on here and many seem to be by the restaurants themselves rather than consumers. Those reviews shouldn't be on here. Imagine if wholesalers started posting bad reviews about a retail store. Those reviews wouldn't be of much value to the consumer because the interaction is different between the parties. They would only hide helpful reviews written by people rather than businesses.

"Wow....I had no idea...WHy would they, make restaurants sign a contract, in which the restaurant receives no money!

Merchants hang in there we have developed a solution for restaurants, that work...Unlike sites like these sites, and deal of the day sites. I have worked in restaurants for over 20 years and also in web marketing for over 10 years (separate business)...It about time someone comes with a solution that benefits the restaurant, not the INTERNET companies that are making millions..

Contact me and I will put you on the waiting list. Contact jason@netstudiosinc.com

"I own a restaurant that was part of the restaurant.com program in 2009. We cancelled after 1 year and were asked to honor the coupons for another year after that. We did.

When you sign the restaurant.com contract it says credits are valid for 1 year after sale, but they write “does not expire” on the coupon they sell their customers. It is very dishonest.

Now we are having people present coupons that are over 2 1/2 years old and complain that we will not take them any more. That is unreasonable, especially since restaurants.com does not give a penny of the amount of sale to the restaurant. They keep it for themselves and the restaurant is responsible for the $25 bill reduction. It is not a good set up and it puts the customer and the restaurant in a bad position while restaurant.com keeps the money. In addition, once the contract is cancelled restaurants.com immediately shuts down access to the certificate validation website so there is no way to validate the certificates without calling an 800 number. Servers don’t have time during a service to call in a validation for each coupon presented. Can you imagine?

Our small restaurant does not have the resources to enter a legal battle with Restaurants.com, but we can spread the word to warn customers and restaurants about how restaurants.com operates.

"HORRIBLE. They scammed us into signing a document that apparently gives gift certificates to customers. They sell $40 for a $100 value. We will not participate in this and we will take their sales associate to court. Customers: DO NOT BUY! They are scam artists and have restaurants give certificates they never authorized."

"i concur with ramsk. on 7/7/11 i paid restaurant.com (hereinafter r.com)$3 for a 25 certificate requiring a minimum 35 meal. it was for a vegetarian restaurant 'roots' in s.f.
on 7/11 at 7:15p (r.com was closed for the day) i called roots and they said they do not accept ANY certificates. as a result of the sandbag (we were on vacation and only there for effectively that nite), me and my companion had to find a vegetarian restaurant at the last minute, 'millenium' on geary/jones. i paid $61 at this place, including tip and 15 more for cab fare roundtrip as unlike the r.com place, this one was not close to our hotel. when i got back to l.a. i called r.com (7/15). the girl ('megan')said "r.com has no responsibility; but i could have called them (actually they were already closed for the day)for a substitution." she also said "the restaurants have all the responsibility (and r.com has none)." then she said "the restuarants have the choice" (totally inconsistent)." then she said "roots didnt take the certificate because they have a maximum per day." how she could know the reason, not having been on the phone with roots is telling; i WAS on the phone and roots (meredith) told me differently: roots was not accepting ANY certificates under any circumstances.
Compare r.com's 'innocent bystander' approach with what their website says "we back up what we say" you have an unconditional guarantee" "if you have a problem call us and we will take care of it immediately." BEWARE-THIS COMPANY IS OPPORTUNISTIC, EXPLOITIVE, HYPOCRITICAL AND UNETHICAL

"I have purchased many certificates from them and my experiences have been good. Customer service has handled issues quickly and to my satisfaction. I intend to keep using their services."

"BUYER BEWARE! THIS COMPANY IS A FRAUD.

I purchased two certificates to a restaurant. When I visited the restaurant, they said they no longer accepted the certificates. Restaurant.com's website claims that, if a restaurant refuses their certificate, restaurant.com will provide credit towards the purchase of another certificate.
I have emailed restaurant.com four times in the last 2 weeks. They have not replied. I am convinced this company is engaging in fraud. I plan to contact relevant govt. agencies to file complaints.

Cocoa, FL

"I've used certificates from restaurant.com with no real problem. Sometimes the restaurant acted a little funny about it, but took it and applied it to the bill.

However, I will not purchase from them again. Many of the certificates they are now selling are not being accepted by the restaurants, which are actually posting signs on the their doors warning same. The last time I tried to use one, the restaurant manager came over and explained that they had told restaurants.com months previously that they were no longer participating, but the site continues to sell certificates. I emailed r.com, told them what the restaurant had said, and they just offered me a replacement certificate. What? For another place that doesn't participate any more? That was three weeks ago and they are still selling certificates for the this restaurant.

Not to be trusted or believed. If you have to buy a certificate, call the restaurant beforehand and make sure they will accept it.

"We have been using restaurant.com to make dining out more affordable for some time now, and have not had a problem with it. As long as you read and understand all the terms and conditions (a lot of places exclude alcohol, or do not accept the certificates on friday/saturday for example), there should not be any trouble. I have not had the chance to deal with restaurant.com customer service, but after two years and something like three dozen certificates, that says something in it of itself! Unfortunately, restaurant selection is limited, but there are gems to be found pretty much anywhere we have looked!"

"Been purchasing certificates on and off for years from them with generally good results. If theres a problem though customer relations is slow and not very helpful. While we usually don't have a problem with restaurants accepting the certificates there have been times we were told they no longer participate with restaurant.com. Too late to leave and somewhat embarassing. After contacting customer relations they shrug it off saying they can't keep on top of all the restaurants and just offer to replace it. They continue to list restaurants I know for a fact does not honor their certificates any longer. They've suggestted calling the restaurants and confirming the certificates will be honored. Doesn't inspire much confidence in their product and I'm certainly not giving one as a gift if it may not be honored. For the most part though they've worked ok "

"The restaurant for the gift certificate I purchased went out of business. I contacted restaurant.com several times according to the procedures on there website and they have not reponded. I feel that they are intentionally avoiding the issue."

"We were looking for a restaurant to take some friends and since we knew it would be a group and the ticket would be higher than normal we decided to purchase a certificate from restaurant.com. A dining spot was picked for our area and the certificate was purchased via bank debit card/printed without a hitch. Unfortunately we did not use the certificate because at the last moment the dining spot changed. It was no big deal, as the certificates appear to be good for one full year, so we figured we would use it at another time.

Exactly one month later (to the day), a strange debit charge showed up on my bank account in the amount of $14.95. Luckily I caught it right away (in the "Pending" mode) and was able to track and cancel it. What it turned out to be, was the shocker: Once you give Restaurant.com your credit card numbers, their site turns into essentially a mine field where what you click on will be deemed as a purchase and authorization for Restaurant.com to share your credit card with other companies and authorize them to charge YOU for clicking on the links! I tracked this bogus 3rd party charge (FOR A MONTHLY HEALTH PLAN, OF ALL THINGS!)right back to the doorstep of Restaurant.com. The people running the 'health plan' racket told me that I had authorized Restaurant.com to give them my personal/credit card information and authorized the $14.95 monthly charge on my credit card SIMPLY BY CLICKING ON A LINK ON THE SITE after making a purchase at Restaurant.com.

I don't know about the rest of the world, but I specifically identify this type of activity as consumer fraud, and theft by deception. Restaurant.com collects your debit/credit card information - then uses sleazy enticements to trick you into buying health plans and other garbage that you don't want or need and will not know until much later that you just purchased! Links with names like "CLICK HERE TO SAVE AN ADDITIONAL 20% TODAY!" are COMPLETE SCAM LINKS on this website - even if you open the link and ultimately click "No Thanks" They already have your card details and personal info, and as they have shown me - will not hesitate to share that information along with their hijacked 'authorization' with other sham companies who are sitting back and waiting for Restaurant.com to come through with the phished data.

AVOID THIS SHAM AT ALL COSTS. I have notified everyone that I know about this and am working on getting company IOCs about this into the work force. I don't care if Restaurant.com likes it or not - you STEAL my personal information or TRICK ME into allowing you to use it via some sleazy manner as this and I am going to cause you a WHOLE WORLD of grief for doing so.

So in conclusion, my final word on the matter is Restaurant.com is a PHISHING SITE that collects your data for minor certificate purchases and then sells that data (including your credit/debit card information) to known scam operators who ultimately place additional charges against your card.

AVOID.

Brooklyn, NY

"Things have gone well for me. We got a few coupons at 80% off, $25 gift certificates for $2 and $10 gift certificates for 40 cents. You have to spend a certain amount for each certificate to be valid. Everything has gone smoothly after using 2 of 4 certificates."