• Rating 0.70/10 66 reviews

Rakuten is not a merchant member
    Rakuten does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Rakuten contact information

Product & services pricing Rating 4.20/10 4.20/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.73/10 0.73/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.93/10 1.93/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.33/10 0.33/10

"I order a canon SL1 and used a promo code to get 30% in points back.
I got my camera no problems and I got my points.
I have used my points with no problems (almost $200 in points).
no one stole my CC# information.

"This site is just a front for dubious resellers. I went Buy.com and found out it was now Rakuten. What the heck, I thought I'd give them a try since the site looked professional. The product I bought came two weeks late and was in terrible condition. All my emails to support came back as "We'll look into this" but never anything more. I am still waiting on an RMA to return the purchase. BEWARE! This is really a third world Amazon wannabe who has very low standards for resellers on their site.. I've also heard a lot online about credit card fraud."

"Do NOT do business with Rakuten. They are UNbelievably bad.

This Bumbling/Criminally-Incompetent enterprise won't even post any negative reviews on their own website.. and from this website you can see why.

They are CRAP.

Wouldn't send on one order; sent unusable item on second and did NOT issue refund when they said they did.. Twice.
Still waiting.

STAY AWAY.

modified review This review was modified by Sayonara on August 28 2013 11:37:04 PM

"Unless you want to gamble with your money, stay away from this company. Let me tell you about my first order. I ordered a blender, the sale was good and delivery was fast. They sent the wrong blender, I paid for an Elite and they sent an older, cheaper model. I would even attest this unit is refurbished due to the strange cuts and rust resembling previous use.

I followed Rakuten procedures and emailed the reseller first, no reply. I called the reseller, voice mail full. I called Rakuten, they would contact the reseller and resolve the issue in 1 business day, no resolution.

Following me so far? Ok, now I post a review explaining they are not selling what they are advertising. Apparently they pick and choose reviews because it was never posted, so don't let reviews teach you anything. The only goal is to make a good impression so people will place an order.

So there you have it, deceptive advertising, possibly selling used merchandise, non existent customer service and fake reviews. You might want to beware of charges on your card for the time that went into processing the order. This company is way out of line with regular, everyday business.

modified review This review was modified by RealRakutenReview on August 22 2013 12:19:29 PM

"Ordered two items from Global Rakuten through a seller named Surugaya-a-Too. Both items were cancelled but shown as being in stock again the other day, so I re-ordered one of the two items. It again got cancelled. Now last night I look online, and my credit card had been compromised. Now I have to cancel my card and dispute the charge from Singapore.

I will never be using Rakuten ever again, this isn't the first review someone has written about their account being compromised due to ordering from Rakuten.

Stay FAR FAR away.

modified review This review was modified by VampyreMike on August 16 2013 08:07:55 AM

"Rakuten can win "the most horrible Internet-shop" contest every year! And get gold medal for the worst website design as well.

I used Rakuten several times. Pages are overloaded with absolutely useless, bloated, blinking and screaming AD-s, user interface is completely unintuitive, backward clicks are not handled in any way, forms are horrible and, the final shot - Rakuten subscribes your email up to 20 advertisement mailing lists for every thing you buy! Yes, you can uncheck it, but check marks are hidden under the page so barely one could notice them.

Rakuten emails are all plain text, overloaded with useless garbage and really-really hard to read.

They may sell you an item which is not in the stock (and don't notify about it before buying) and ask to wait few months until item arrives. Excellent!

Finally, they never tell you the final price with delivery included before you actually pay. They only tell it after it is already charged from the credit card.

The most horrible Internet shop with least respect to its customers. Plus, the most horrible Internet site of huge company in the whole WWW.

modified review This review was modified by Kumachan on August 14 2013 02:27:06 AM

"very bad service. Placed an order and they get my points back. called and asked why, they just do not give a reason and refuse to reissue my points. the customer service is not helpful. their advertise is cheating. "

modified review This review was modified by foxfree on August 11 2013 11:34:34 PM

"This business misrepresents items, lies, steals from and cheats the customer to make a buck. Disgusting. Avoid Rakuten at all costs!

I placed an order for an item. I got an email invoice showing the item ordered was not what was shown in the listing, but a cheap imitation. I contacted Rakuten immediately to cancel the order. Customer service stalled things until the order shipped, then told me I should just refuse the package, knowing full well I could not, since it was going to a PO Box. I returned the item for a refund, but they told me they never received it and refuse to give back my money. I am also out shipping costs to send it back. By far the WORST online shopping experience I have had in years! You could not pay me enough to shop here again!

modified review This review was modified by norakuten4me on August 11 2013 08:32:18 PM

"Very awesome site, very happy with my purchase and couldnt be more excited about the prices"

modified review This review was modified by CodyWest on August 09 2013 12:34:41 PM

"the shop didn't get my comfirmation after they let me know the shipping fee. I submitted two addresses to compare the shipping fees. All of a sudden I recieve the goods in nth address. while i was stilling inquiring the info. the shop denied their mistakes and show no apologize and no refund......wth

I am fed up with communicating with them......the shop is called dreamv

and rakuten shows no help.

modified review This review was modified by unhappywithrakuten on August 01 2013 05:01:16 AM

"Do not buy anything from this company, still waiting for my money back they doubled my order, I sent the second product back and still did not get paid. I should have bought the product from a reliable company.

modified review This review was modified by sonnyz1957 on July 12 2013 11:07:41 AM

"My goodness, I feel so bad for everyone that's had such major problems with this company. I have never seen anything like the complaints outlined here. I would urge everyone that has an issue with Rakuten to log a complaint here: http://www.bbb.org/us/bbb-news/?internet

There is help, and with any luck this place can be shut down because it sure sounds like it should be. Trust me, that link works. I used it only once about 15 years ago and got my money back as well as having the seller shut down.

I hope more people take the time to check the internet for reviews on a site like this before purchasing.

Good luck to all those that had/have problems with this site.

"A week after placing an order with Rakuten.com, my credit card got a $1500 fraud charge (used at Marriott and some jewelry store) posted. The CC company canceled my card and issued me a new one. I ended up removing the profile information from rakuten's website and had the wife do the same. I am hoping my family is now Rakuten-free. We won't buy from Rakuten anymore... even if Rakuten offers a brand new iPad for $100."

modified review This review was modified by rarmortn on July 05 2013 11:44:07 AM

"Rakuten cannot keep your credit card info confidential!

Twice, now, I have had to cancel a credit card due to fraudulent charges after purchasing items at Rakuten. The first time, I did not know Rakuten was at fault. My new card was violated after only two months. I had made a total of 6 purchases on the new card, with two from Rakuten, and Rakuten was the only on-line company at which I had registered this card. One month after making those purchases, I had about 20 charges to my card, all in one day, and all over the world. Charges were for tickets in San Diago, engine rebuild kits in Florida, computer hardware from Atlanta, a store in Africa, some charges from Korea, etc. The fraud at Rakuten is big-time, and organized!

You risk your credit and your identity if you buy from these guys!

modified review This review was modified by r_ril on June 19 2013 09:36:14 PM

"Ordered a 1TB WD Essentials HDD for $57 via BeachCamera reseller on Rakuten.com and a couple weeks later a $100 charge from a macaroni grill in Austin TX showed up on my CC. Somehow somebody had duplicated my credit card as they actually swiped it. That was the only recent purchase I made before that happened and I found a Slickdeals thread with a load of others with same issue so I'm sure it came from Rakuten.com. Never ordering from here again!"