"I guess I've gotten lucky over the years to have good transactions with Radio Shack. Or maybe their poor rating has something to do with the fact that everyone can't wait to post a review for their bad experience but only rare individuals take the time to post a review for all their good experiences.

I've had nothing but good experiences with Radio Shack both online and at local stores. In fact, I was just at my local store and I had to buy a bunch of fuses for work because one of our buildings was struck by lightning. The credit card I brought didn't work and the owner let me take the fuses and I paid the next day. How's that for customer service? I think I could make that into a country song about the good ol' days when a deal could be made with a handshake.

"I placed an order with Radio Shack 12 April. After a few days I was informed that they had cancelled party of the order, however the shipping costs stayesd the same. I was informed 16 Paril that the order was in int trhe mail. today is the 21 april. Still no order. I wonder if the entire order was cancelled and they simply kept everything? Dopn't order on line with them!"

"Went to the Miden NV Radio Shack to buy a digital recorder. Person behind the counter was too busy surfing the Internet to provide any customer service. I was the only person in the store at the time. I asked him a couple of questions and he appeared anoyed I was speaking to him. As I was leaving I made a comment I'll go somewhere else. Person behind the counter became irate and started yelling what do you want me to do. I made the comment nice customer service and he told me to go FU** OFF! Called the store to ask to speak to a manager or owner. Person stated he was the owner. Will never shop at a Radio Shack ever again. The person behind the counter was a tall, geeky looking man with glasses."

"I'm writing today because I have NEVER IN MY LIFE had such a HORRIFIC experience with a retialer before as I've just had with the Radio Shack Store on High Ridge Road in Stamford, CT.

Oh, they were all to happy to sell me the phone and the insurance plan and all the accessories yet when I started having problems with the phone their attitude was :sorry sir but you're stuck with the phone, there's nothing we can do for you, even though I HAD JUST BOUGHT AN INSURANCE PLAN. They never asked or checked for me at all. They essentially did nothing to assist me. Nope too bad, you lose.

In the end I was essentially forced to go to another retailer, and take a huge loss financially to correct my situaton.

I've have bought Radio Shack products for decades. However after this experience I don't believe I'll ever buy another product from Radio Shack ever gain. This is simply not how you treat your customer ! Well done team Stamford I hope you're proud of yourselves. You've lost my business and you can count on me telling everyone I know NOT to shop with you either.

One last thing..your survey choices of "poor" don't even come close to how I was made to feel. I would categorize their abilities as "a joke" and "completely unprofessional".

modified review This review was modified by Jiko1478 on April 11 2012 08:47:25 AM

"READ READ..READ... before you purchase from these fulkers at RADIO SHACK....THE ARE THE MOST UNPROFESSIONAL SERVICE PROVIDER ... AM A NEW CUSTOMER AND AFTER CHARGING MY C/C THEY THEN SENT ME AN CANCELATION EMAIL WITH NO EXPLANATION AS TO WHY THE ORDER WAS CANCELED , HOWEVER I CALLED AND THE COOTE THAT TRY TO HELPED ME HAD NO IDEA HOW TO, SO I ASKED TO SPEAK TO THE SUPERVISER AND HE THEN PROCEED TO APOLOGIZE , WITH THE USE OF RANDOM EXCUSES ,...THIS EXPERIENCE WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN CAUSE AM NOT GOING TO PURCHASE FROM THESE GUYS AGAIN...I ADVISE ALL NOT TO PURCHASE FROM THESE IDOTS....."

"I Bought this power supply cord for my laptop, Pretty expensive, but it came with more than others. i THOUGHT it was going to be great, boy was i WRONG!! After a month or so, I was sitting on my couch, watching TV. I heard an electric buzzing shocking noise. Looked over, the Enercell Power Supply Adapter was ON FIRE!! and the funny thing was, the laptop was not even plugged into the power supply cord. The Battery pack was ON FIRE, smoking up the house. It was laying on the floor next to my couch, and it even caught the leather on FIRE and burned a HUGE hole in it. Smelled the house up for days! When i saw the fire, i OBVIOUSLY put it out with Water. What was i suppose to do, watch it BURN the couch or the rest of my house? NO! Well, after about a month of emailing back and forth with a radio shack safety specialist. They were having an outside engineer check it out. The conclusion was "we will respectfully DENY the claim that our product was at fault" So i read the attached report that the engineer found. And it said that it is
determined that the failure experienced was a result of significant moisture/liquid exposure (i.e. water emersion)

WHICH IT WAS NOT!! I OBVIOUSLY HAD TO PUT THE FIRE OUT WITH WATER!? I am NEVER going to buy anymore products from Enercell again, and ESPECIALLY NOT RADIO SHACK. I will tell all of my friends and family to do the same. NEVER again Radio Shack, NEVER AGAIN!

"ordered parts that only sold online and was told 3 to 8 days for shipping its been 8 days allready and the tracking says in route from fedex in penn. bad part is im 2 hours away from where its in route from and its still in route best part is fedex is delivering it to the us mail for final delivery. never will buy anything that has to be shipped from them again"

"I see all the bad reviews and thats sad. I remember coming to this place as a kid and looking at all the parts. Now I just purchased a camera and digital frame for a gift for christmas. It has been working great so far. Thanks."

"They are the absolute worst place to purchase any products (cheaply made, fail fast etc...) If you have the option buy elswhere even if it is more expensive. You'll save in the long run!! Beware of Radio Shack warranties and return policies...they actually dont exist!!"

"All of the products I have purchased over the past several years have been very poor quality - not to mention overpriced!

Their products break or fail before their competitors. They do not have a technical support line or anyone who can answer questions or help with an issue. They do not offer standard warranties with their products (as do competing manufacturers) -after 30-days you're finished! Anything more than 30-days and you have to purchase a warranty. The sales personal in the stores are of the lowest caliber. They know little about the products and they just tell you whatever they think you want to hear - if you ask a question about a product they just pick up the box and try to read what's on the box. Geez, I don't need a high-school dropout to read me what's on the box - I can do that myself!

They are the biggest rip-off.

"We ordered a portable DVD player for my dad. The product was packaged in a shipping box much too big without proper protection, and the product's box was damaged in shipping. Furthermore, the product's box had gum stuck to it on the bottom. Never again."

"Placed an on 11/24/11. Tried to check order status couple times online and can't find any order status. Decided to call on 12/5/11 for order status. Rude customer service told me order is being process still after a week and half. So I decide to cancel my order, but he can only put in a cancellation request. If it got ship, I need to ship it back to them. Overall experience with Radio Shack is terrible. "

"I bought a Micronta Digital Multimeter at Radio Shack a few years ago. This meter has a label on it that says it was made in Taiwan for Radio Shack. I needed to test some batteries and had not used it in a while so I replaced the 357A batteries with fresh batteries and when I turned it on the display was erratic. I tried another pair of batteries and same thing happened. I called a local store and they said I can pay them to ship it to get an estimate. Well this is an inexpensive meter and I have no reason to pay money to not fix it after they tell me they can't fix it anyway. I called 800-THE-SHACK and got less help. The moral is don't buy anything from radio shack and you won't have the stress of being one of their customers. "

"Toluca Lake store - Riverside Dr.
Possibly the worst experience I've ever had returning a product in person, with the product and receipt. The mamager was rude and totally unhelpful - actually telling me I needed to shut-up and listen to him. The Management offices had to intervene after my 3 trips to the store and instruct this "man" to give me my refund. Even though this store is 2 blocks from my home I will never set foot in this store again. And from the looks of the lack of customers others must agree with me. Drive the 2 miles to the Burbank Mall - there's a Radio Shack there.

"The .com website is not operated by RS, but leased to another company to run. OMG, what a horrible experience. Rep could hardly speak English and new nothing about the product."

Radio Shack is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!