Radio Shack Reviews - page 2 - radioshack.com/ Ratings at ResellerRatings

"I'm writing today because I have NEVER IN MY LIFE had such a HORRIFIC experience with a retialer before as I've just had with the Radio Shack Store on High Ridge Road in Stamford, CT.

Oh, they were all to happy to sell me the phone and the insurance plan and all the accessories yet when I started having problems with the phone their attitude was :sorry sir but you're stuck with the phone, there's nothing we can do for you, even though I HAD JUST BOUGHT AN INSURANCE PLAN. They never asked or checked for me at all. They essentially did nothing to assist me. Nope too bad, you lose.

In the end I was essentially forced to go to another retailer, and take a huge loss financially to correct my situaton.

I've have bought Radio Shack products for decades. However after this experience I don't believe I'll ever buy another product from Radio Shack ever gain. This is simply not how you treat your customer ! Well done team Stamford I hope you're proud of yourselves. You've lost my business and you can count on me telling everyone I know NOT to shop with you either.

One last thing..your survey choices of "poor" don't even come close to how I was made to feel. I would categorize their abilities as "a joke" and "completely unprofessional".

modified review This review was modified by Jiko1478 on April 11 2012 08:47:25 AM

"READ READ..READ... before you purchase from these fulkers at RADIO SHACK....THE ARE THE MOST UNPROFESSIONAL SERVICE PROVIDER ... AM A NEW CUSTOMER AND AFTER CHARGING MY C/C THEY THEN SENT ME AN CANCELATION EMAIL WITH NO EXPLANATION AS TO WHY THE ORDER WAS CANCELED , HOWEVER I CALLED AND THE COOTE THAT TRY TO HELPED ME HAD NO IDEA HOW TO, SO I ASKED TO SPEAK TO THE SUPERVISER AND HE THEN PROCEED TO APOLOGIZE , WITH THE USE OF RANDOM EXCUSES ,...THIS EXPERIENCE WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN CAUSE AM NOT GOING TO PURCHASE FROM THESE GUYS AGAIN...I ADVISE ALL NOT TO PURCHASE FROM THESE IDOTS....."

"I Bought this power supply cord for my laptop, Pretty expensive, but it came with more than others. i THOUGHT it was going to be great, boy was i WRONG!! After a month or so, I was sitting on my couch, watching TV. I heard an electric buzzing shocking noise. Looked over, the Enercell Power Supply Adapter was ON FIRE!! and the funny thing was, the laptop was not even plugged into the power supply cord. The Battery pack was ON FIRE, smoking up the house. It was laying on the floor next to my couch, and it even caught the leather on FIRE and burned a HUGE hole in it. Smelled the house up for days! When i saw the fire, i OBVIOUSLY put it out with Water. What was i suppose to do, watch it BURN the couch or the rest of my house? NO! Well, after about a month of emailing back and forth with a radio shack safety specialist. They were having an outside engineer check it out. The conclusion was "we will respectfully DENY the claim that our product was at fault" So i read the attached report that the engineer found. And it said that it is
determined that the failure experienced was a result of significant moisture/liquid exposure (i.e. water emersion)

WHICH IT WAS NOT!! I OBVIOUSLY HAD TO PUT THE FIRE OUT WITH WATER!? I am NEVER going to buy anymore products from Enercell again, and ESPECIALLY NOT RADIO SHACK. I will tell all of my friends and family to do the same. NEVER again Radio Shack, NEVER AGAIN!

"ordered parts that only sold online and was told 3 to 8 days for shipping its been 8 days allready and the tracking says in route from fedex in penn. bad part is im 2 hours away from where its in route from and its still in route best part is fedex is delivering it to the us mail for final delivery. never will buy anything that has to be shipped from them again"

Rating 8/104/5

"I see all the bad reviews and thats sad. I remember coming to this place as a kid and looking at all the parts. Now I just purchased a camera and digital frame for a gift for christmas. It has been working great so far. Thanks."

"They are the absolute worst place to purchase any products (cheaply made, fail fast etc...) If you have the option buy elswhere even if it is more expensive. You'll save in the long run!! Beware of Radio Shack warranties and return policies...they actually dont exist!!"

"All of the products I have purchased over the past several years have been very poor quality - not to mention overpriced!

Their products break or fail before their competitors. They do not have a technical support line or anyone who can answer questions or help with an issue. They do not offer standard warranties with their products (as do competing manufacturers) -after 30-days you're finished! Anything more than 30-days and you have to purchase a warranty. The sales personal in the stores are of the lowest caliber. They know little about the products and they just tell you whatever they think you want to hear - if you ask a question about a product they just pick up the box and try to read what's on the box. Geez, I don't need a high-school dropout to read me what's on the box - I can do that myself!

They are the biggest rip-off.

"Placed an on 11/24/11. Tried to check order status couple times online and can't find any order status. Decided to call on 12/5/11 for order status. Rude customer service told me order is being process still after a week and half. So I decide to cancel my order, but he can only put in a cancellation request. If it got ship, I need to ship it back to them. Overall experience with Radio Shack is terrible. "

"Toluca Lake store - Riverside Dr.
Possibly the worst experience I've ever had returning a product in person, with the product and receipt. The mamager was rude and totally unhelpful - actually telling me I needed to shut-up and listen to him. The Management offices had to intervene after my 3 trips to the store and instruct this "man" to give me my refund. Even though this store is 2 blocks from my home I will never set foot in this store again. And from the looks of the lack of customers others must agree with me. Drive the 2 miles to the Burbank Mall - there's a Radio Shack there.

"The .com website is not operated by RS, but leased to another company to run. OMG, what a horrible experience. Rep could hardly speak English and new nothing about the product."

"OVERNIGHT SHIPPING AT RADIO SHACK – A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET.

So, Saturday morning I went to the Radio Shack store where the store manager and I are now becoming best buds, and asked if the order has been received, the item was a zBoost product that I had ordered for the second time on Thursday. He was not sure and offered to look up the order on the computer. Still the same status - PROCESSING! No change. Mind you this is the second time we had entered the order in a week. His suggestion was to call the help line and get a status on the order. Well this is when the fun begins. The woman on the line tells me that the order has been processed, and that I should receive it Wednesday or Thursday next week. Normally, this would be a OK answer, but I specifically paid for the product to be delivered “OVERNIGHT”.

I said WHAT!, what are you talking about, I paid for OVERNIGH!. Now I am in the store when I made the phone call with the manager next to me. He is just about as shocked as I am. I asked the person on the line, what part of OVERNIGHT SHIPPING do you not understand. Well, she told me that we have 1 -2 business days to process the order, and then 1 -2 business days to deliver the order. I said, but I paid for OVERNIGHT Shipping does that mean anything to you. Well, she stated, I placed my order on Thursday evening, we have until Monday to allow our warehouse to get the product ready to be shipped and then we have 1 to 2 business days to send the product to the store.

So, I told person nicely, since I was in the store that you need to remove the OVERNIGHT Shipping option from you website- BECAUSE YOU DO NOT HAVE THAT OPTION. She tried to explain to me that the policy for shipping overnight allows them 1-2 business days to prepare the order in the warehouse after 1 day to process the order. She then offered to remove the shipping fees as an effort to ease the pain, but as I explained to her, the cost of the shipping and the product was not as important as having the product here on Saturday morning.

After she removed the shipping fees, I asked again “when will the product show up at the store”, now it was for sure Wednesday or Thursday, maybe Friday next week. I said that you got to be kidding. Did you remove my priority shipping status by removing my shipping costs - Oh No, not at all. I told her obviously Radio Shack has a real logistics problem.

Then to top it all off, she wanted to know since it was going to be Father's Day on Sunday that they had a tool kit, would I be interested purchasing it for $34.99 - I said, "Sure, when can I expect that to arrive - Labor Day Weekend" - NO I am not interesting in buying anything else from you. I asked the gal if she was just crazy or what. You just screwed me on a delivery of a product and then you want me to BUY something else – give me a break Radio Shack.

God, I hope Radio Shack recorded that conversation; this is the one that the CEO needs to hear and then ask himself / herself if she would buy anything from such a micky mouse e-store operation.

Warning, Warning, Warning if you need something please do not use this site for purchasing anything and for God Sake do not waste your money on expedited shipping - they have a strange definition of "OVERNIGHT"
OVERNIGHT SHIPPING AT RADIO SHACK – A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET.

modified review This review was modified by BRArizona on June 11 2011 11:49:02 AM

"I was looking to buy a laptop and found a Toshiba at the Shack which looked interesting. It was available in a very local store so I went there and my experience was dismal to say the least. They did not have the laptop advertised and tried to sell me something they had leftover out back. The whole time a current sale flyer was sitting at the customer service counter showing a Toshiba laptop that offered much more but for less money. I was out of time but I took the flyer and called them the next day saying I wanted the one on sale. Store clerk said they could get it from another store. I offered to give her my Shack credit card # but she said it was not necessary. When it finally arrived, they said that the sale was over and that they would not honor the sale price. After much pushing back they agreed to honor the sale price but then told me after the sale that they would not swap my data over from my old PC for free as promised. They said their DM would not allow it. I was livid and expressed my discontent to Shack Corp. about how poorly trained their employees are. By this time, I had already personalized the laptop to my needs and transferred some very limited amount of data over from my old PC using CDs because all the USB ports on my old PC had died and there was no DVD player. To add insult to injury, the same laptop went on sale a week later for $50 less than the price I paid at the Shack. Now I must pay someone to find a way to get all the data off my old PC and transfer it to my laptop."

Rating 8/104/5

"Purchased a refurbed HP mini laptop on 5/6, was not sent any confirmation. Called cust service and was assisted by a very nice supervisor who emailed me a confirmation and tracking of the unit! To makeup for the inconvenience, I was issues a 10% credit to my account --- without asking! Great Job Radio Shack!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by momluvsmaddie on May 11 2011 12:53:58 PM

"Absolutely terrible. I ordered an Ipod Shuffle on April 19th and was told that it would be shipped within a week. Today it is almost three weeks later and I still have not received the Ipod. I went with my father to the store where I purchased it to try and cancel the order and they were completely incompetent and were unable to even give us the customer service number. The manager Laurie was rude and defensive from the beginning and told us that even though it had been purchased in the store they could not cancel the order there. Later after another week I went online to check the order status and it said it had been cancelled. I paid in cash and have not received either the Ipod or the money. Radio Shack steals from its customers and offers no help when things go wrong."

"NEVER BUY the nitro power 6V battery from RAdio Shack. THey do not have the charger and you can find the battery and charger online for less money. ALSO.... you will not be charged for sending something back! I even went to the store and they were not knowledgable with the actual charger or battery. It is kind of funny because the owner manual to this truck that my son received stated to BUY FROM RADIOSHACK. I found that to be a real joke when every sales person, there and online had no knowledge."