• Radio Shack

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"I bought an iPad case it broke and I went to go exchange it because I have the warranty on it. I was expecting to exchange it but it has to be sent out looked at then they will mail and or email you a gift card. Email is a lot faster than mailing. They are suppose to give me the option of both. But they only gave me the mailing option. They told me it would take 5-7 days to get a gift card. But eventually I called them up and it was for them to get the product and verify it. So I wated 3 weeks to get a gift card. Then I went to the store to get a replacement one. Did the same thing. But first I went to the car to look at it. When I opened it it was broken and all ready used, it seemed like. Ran back into the store asked for cash back but instead gave me a giftcard. When I left I saw an employee put back the case on the shelf to resell it. I just want my cash back. No giftcard. RadioShack is the worst!! Never ever go. I went online after going to check state laws for giftcard. Our state law requires stores to give you back money if customers request it. Then I went online for a live chat. It says 24/7 representative are ready to help. Went I around 8 at night. Next page says it is not business hours for people to talk to you. They are not very worthy and product are reused to get profit."

This review was modified by Shanewazhere on July 06 2013 12:59:28 PM

"I purchased anon-contract Virgin Mobile iPhone from Radio Shack in April of 2013. During the first 30 days of service it would not ever connect to the VM 3G data network. I contacted the Radio Shack store where I purchased the phone, and they said I had to contact VM. After hours and hours (over multiple days) of frustration with VM (whose idea of customer service is to say someone will call you back - and no one ever does) I was ready to scream At NO TIME did Radio Shack do ANYTHING to assist me as their customer. I ended up opening a complaint via my credit card company against Radio Shack for failing to provide the service I had purchased. I actually ended up getting a replacement iPhone from Apple (great customer service) who told me that according to their records, my original iPhone had been previously registered and in their opinion was refurbished! I will never purchase anything from Radio Shack again."

This review was modified by 4746calle on June 21 2013 08:08:09 PM

"I am so dissapointed with radio shack. Never again will I purchase anything from them again. I tried to return a product that was the amount of 220 and they said they didn't have cash in their register. They made me do the run around when every other radio shack said the same thing. I do believe that they should have petty cash or a safe box with money to take out. Do not shop at radio shack they are Liers and they have very rude employees, I'm so dissapointed once again and will never ever be a radio shack costumer again ever.!!!!!!"

"I have purchase for a $10 for every $50 coupon. Went back to the store numerous occasions and never got the coupon. The Senior manager there was unfriendly with very poor customer service. He refused to do anything about. He even ask me why am I trying to get it if it is only $10. I have never had a bad experience before at this store but one really bad one. I will never ever return and shop there again. Does not matter how good of a deal it is. The store number is 013235."

"radioshack is the best, I got a zagg keyboard for my Ipad from there and it is awesome. The service was great and, i was in and out of there in minutes. I will be a customer of Radio shack, for as long as I live."

"I went to radio shack to upgrade my phone and spoke to the assistant manager
She told me that they had an I phone 5 that they were holding for someone who didn't come to pick it up.
I accepted and said I would take the phone , she went to talk to her manager and came back and said the manager says that the person was coming to pick up the phone but that if I bought an accessory I agreed and chose an accessory for the iPhone which overpriced .2 days later I went to return the accessory and was told that it was scratched , I proceeded to show the rep that all other cases were the same way she acknowledged but coul not exchange . 22 Lexington ave Passaic nj

This review was modified by Hserr69 on November 08 2012 09:43:59 AM

"I placed my order early on a wed. stating many times that this was for a business account. My phone was supposed to be shipped to me 2day, arriving on Friday; Saturday at the latest. Monday rolled around and I hadn't seen it yet, so I called customer service. After being bounced back and fourth, they had me do a chat online for my missing order. (Which online the status said "cancelled by customer". I DID NOT CANCEL MY ORDER!)I did a chat, and they basically told me that they cannot place my order being that this is a business account and the talk plan I am on. In the whole HOUR of placing my order they guy never said they couldn't work with business account and talk plans. Nor did I EVER received a cancellation email and they had my correct email as they sent me a coupon right after I placed my order. Then when I call and get bounced back and fourth, they finally tell me that it is what it is, and there is nothing they can do. And that if I want a phone I need to go through Verizon. I am so upset at the way they handled all that. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND RADIO SHACK WIRELESS TO ANYONE!!!!!! So much time wasted and I have waited almost a week for a phone that's not even coming. And to top it off, this phone was for my boss!!!!!!! Looks real great on me...oh yeah, I can get this great deal from radio shack and work around Verizon, now I gotta go back a week later with no phone and ask to spend 3 times as much!!!!"

"Radio Shack cancelled my order without telling me the reason. Here is the text of the email:

"We regret to inform you that we were unable to complete your order. We apologize for any inconvenience."

I tried to call the number provided hoping to talk to someone to find out why, but got nowhere. The call was always routed to an automatic response. This is my first time ordering from Radio Shack, and it is also the last time. It's simply terrible.

"Radio Shack Costa Mesta store – 2750 Harbour Blvd. I am blown away by the store managers (Rafael Denicta) disgraceful and pathetic attitude towards customer service, my opinion – deceptive, dishonest and desperate. He could not care about nor happily resolve a simple problem I had. The store depressed me with their out dated stock, poor air-con in middle of summer, etc. etc. I think there are better places to shop that are cheaper and better. At least this place lives up to its name of being a Shack."

"This use to be the top retailer for electronics but not anymore. You buy service plan that does not fix anything when you needed it. You order ship to store and store does not contact you or know if the product is in. They are closing many stores so you may have to think on if your item will arrive or get serviced. Best Bet is to deal direcly with the manufacture on the product. They will work with you on product issues. Staff is nice but stressed from over crowding and short staff. My current purchase still pending arrived but no follow up may have to contact my bank."

This review was modified by Ronnie61 on July 17 2012 11:24:51 AM

"I guess I've gotten lucky over the years to have good transactions with Radio Shack. Or maybe their poor rating has something to do with the fact that everyone can't wait to post a review for their bad experience but only rare individuals take the time to post a review for all their good experiences.

I've had nothing but good experiences with Radio Shack both online and at local stores. In fact, I was just at my local store and I had to buy a bunch of fuses for work because one of our buildings was struck by lightning. The credit card I brought didn't work and the owner let me take the fuses and I paid the next day. How's that for customer service? I think I could make that into a country song about the good ol' days when a deal could be made with a handshake.

"I placed an order with Radio Shack 12 April. After a few days I was informed that they had cancelled party of the order, however the shipping costs stayesd the same. I was informed 16 Paril that the order was in int trhe mail. today is the 21 april. Still no order. I wonder if the entire order was cancelled and they simply kept everything? Dopn't order on line with them!"

"Went to the Miden NV Radio Shack to buy a digital recorder. Person behind the counter was too busy surfing the Internet to provide any customer service. I was the only person in the store at the time. I asked him a couple of questions and he appeared anoyed I was speaking to him. As I was leaving I made a comment I'll go somewhere else. Person behind the counter became irate and started yelling what do you want me to do. I made the comment nice customer service and he told me to go FU** OFF! Called the store to ask to speak to a manager or owner. Person stated he was the owner. Will never shop at a Radio Shack ever again. The person behind the counter was a tall, geeky looking man with glasses."

"I'm writing today because I have NEVER IN MY LIFE had such a HORRIFIC experience with a retialer before as I've just had with the Radio Shack Store on High Ridge Road in Stamford, CT.

Oh, they were all to happy to sell me the phone and the insurance plan and all the accessories yet when I started having problems with the phone their attitude was :sorry sir but you're stuck with the phone, there's nothing we can do for you, even though I HAD JUST BOUGHT AN INSURANCE PLAN. They never asked or checked for me at all. They essentially did nothing to assist me. Nope too bad, you lose.

In the end I was essentially forced to go to another retailer, and take a huge loss financially to correct my situaton.

I've have bought Radio Shack products for decades. However after this experience I don't believe I'll ever buy another product from Radio Shack ever gain. This is simply not how you treat your customer ! Well done team Stamford I hope you're proud of yourselves. You've lost my business and you can count on me telling everyone I know NOT to shop with you either.

One last thing..your survey choices of "poor" don't even come close to how I was made to feel. I would categorize their abilities as "a joke" and "completely unprofessional".

This review was modified by Jiko1478 on April 11 2012 08:47:25 AM

Share Radio Shack's store rating

Radio Shack is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!