Product & services pricing Rating 3.13/10 3.13/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"1. Company charged me for order, but denied charging me.
2. Demanded proof that I was charged. Demanded proof, including last four digits of bank account number and screenshot of account balance, that purchase would not put my bank account in negative.
3. Demanded payment by money order - for an order placed online and charged to my debit card.
4. Claimed they were demanding payment by money order from everyone who purchased an item I ordered. I heard from dozens of people on two online message boards, all of whom ordered that item and only that item; not one was asked for a money order.

Worst customer experience I've ever had. Stay away.

"I don't understand all the negative reviews. I ordered two orders during the weekend. I received one about noon on monday morning. The other order was an item that was in short supply, so it showed up on Tuesday or Wednesday. These orders were for products that had large mail-in rebates on them from the manufacturer. Every other store had raised their prices to accommodate for this, except quill...so basically Quill had the cheapest pre-rebate prices anywhere. Because of this they were flooded with orders (due to forums advertising this deal). I actually got both orders, so I was lucky. Many people, as I understand, ordered and had their order canceled because quill ran out of the item. This was a flaw in the quill inventory system and honestly I've run into it many times in the past.

Anyway I was lucky and got my two orders quickly and promptly. The customer service was the best I've had in years. The reason I was prompted to write this review is that I received a personal phone call from quill welcoming me as a new member and asking if i'd like email coupons (yes) and if I had any questions. This is after all my orders have been filled. They really want to make an impression on new customers.

Another spot of great customer service is this: After I placed my first order I found a coupon code for 30 off 150. When I asked via email t have that applied to my first order, they did it without a hitch. Sweet.

Quill is an old brick-and-mortar company transitioning to the web, I'm impressed so far. I would definitely order again.

"Worst store ever! took ages to process my order and then finally cancelled my order without any reason
SCAM WEBSITE!

"advertise canon printer for $180 . 2 days later got the email say that none are in-stock. Order was canceled . After got all my personal information. BAIT & SWITCH."

modified review This review was modified by sorotsorot on January 22 2010 08:46:53 AM

"It is best to not order from this store. I wish I would have read all of these reviews before I ordered from them. I ordered an IMAK Smart Glove on 9/28/09 online and paid with a credit card. After not receiving the item. I checked online and found they canceled my order. I called them on 10/7/09, and they created a new order for the same thing and told me to expect the item 10/8/09 or 10/9/09. I did not receive it on those dates so I checked the order status, and it had been canceled too. This is ridiculous! They say they didn't charge my credit card, but I do not know yet if that is true since my card is issued by my boss and I cannot check it myself. Save yourself the headache, and do not order from them."

"wow... I'm really shocked to see so many negative reviews for Quill. I'm thinking perhaps I am one of the luckier customers, or the ones who had good experience didn't leave feedbacks. I bought my item for the best bargain with not even a close contest, and received it in two days in good condition- can't complain! :) I'm glad I took the risk, but definitely would've not tried it if Quill wasn't associated with Staples. Give this company a try - it worked great for me."

"These People Are Complete Morons!
Ordered a GPS unit for $39.99 on sale from Quill.com, free shipping with orders over $45.00.

Talked to 3 CSR's saying yes the GPS will ship.

I told them If the GPS didn't ship "DO NOT CHARGE" the card for the fillers, I don't want there crappy fillers without the GPS unit.

But what do you know, these MORONS charged my card for the fillers then sent a email saying Im not getting the GPS.

I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH QUILL.com AND THERE PARENT COMPANY STAPLES.com EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Quill.com Has P!SS Poor Service.
Avoid At ALL Cost!

I will be doing a charge back on my card with this company, And filing a report with the Better Business Bureau!

Quill.com Is a Scam Just read the other reviews.
Now this scum of a company has my Credit Card Info.

modified review This review was modified by gohn334 on May 07 2009 10:41:26 PM

joelford's Avatar
SE Pennsylvania

"I have used Quill.com for business accounts with three different organizations for almost 10 years and still use them today. However, I have never used them for personal purchases.

As far as business use goes, I have used them for for large amounts of office products, furniture, and the occasional computer peripheral, fax machine, or other business office machines. I have never been overcharged or falsely charged. I have always found their prices to be competitive and their shipping relatively fast and accurate.

I just ordered a new shredder for our admin office yesterday. When I got to work this morning, it was already here. I have had occasion to return purchased items in the past and this was handled in an effective and efficient manner.

I find the other reviews here curious as I my experience with this company has been entirely different. Possibly they treat their business customers better than individuals?

"Order the Canon D320 copier online for $149. Got a confirmation charging me $249 on my credit card without my authorization. Called Quill & was told there was a price mistake on the copier. They would not honor the $149 price. Which is fine, but what about fraudulently charging my credit card for $100 more is an criminal act because I never gave them authorization. They should just canceled my order. But they choose to just charge my card more. When I have a order confirmation showing $149. I will never do business with Quill. They will use unethical means of selling there products and also charge your credit card without your consent."

"very degraded merchant. Can do anything to do business. Do not add any useless items to make bill above some limit in order to get some rebate. They will ship useless items and never ship main item saying price mistake. you will end up with useless items."

"They had an external USB drive on sale for a very good price, combined with a $30 off a $100-order coupon and free shipping, this was a terrific deal!

I have read all the negative reviews of Quill, but decided to try it anyway.

I did have an initial problem--the coupon I used expired over the weekend, which is when I placed the order, so by the time the order was actually processed the following Monday, the coupon had expired and was not applicable. Nobody mentioned this to me, and my credit card was charged for the full price not reflecting the coupon savings.

I called the billing department, who at first did not want to honour the coupon since they didn't process the order until Monday that effectively set the time of the order, meaning the coupon was expired and not applied. After not accepting that answer, I was transferred to the customer service department who were very helpful and just manually credited me the $30, remedying the situation.
Overall, notwithstanding the fact that I was not notified of the coupon being rejected, I was pretty happy with my purchase--I got an awesome deal, and the customer service department were able to rectify the invoice issue. The order was shipped promptly on Monday and arrived the next day, Tuesday. I would purchase from them again.

modified review This review was modified by funkfactorus on June 14 2008 08:52:44 PM

"Ordered a monitor on 4/10/08; a few days later status showed "shipped." 2 weeks later I have nothing from them. Contacted them, "sorry item unavailable.." THANKS FOR NOTHING!"

"They have deals they don't honor!
They just grab your credit card info and address, but you will never get the advertised merchandise. (At least they ultimately didn't charge the card!!!)

"I had ordered a Cannon D340 digital copier recently for $149.98 which was supposed to be free after MIR from cannon--TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, RIGHT?. That's what it turned out. Quill just informed that they have cancelled the order after taking all my credit card information and showing me order confirmation. They will send this copier to me if I now purchase it for 299.98.

Now that I read everywhere about them I realize that they are a fraud company who do not have Verisign security present on their website. They have done this "Cannon D340 copier scam" quite a few times in the past--you can check it on the internet what others are saying. NEVER DO ANY TRANSACTIONS WITH THEM--SEE THE RATINGS HERE AS WELL.

"Advertised a printer on their web site for $150. They cancelled my order 2 days later and then had the gall to email me and offer it for $300. Bait-and-switch scam outfit, avoid them like the plague."

Quill Corporation is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Quill Corporation is not a merchant member
Quill Corporation does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!