Product & services pricing Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10

"I just purchased a 23" HD computer monitor from Quill.com and have to say I am super impressed and had no issues whatsoever. I got a KILLER deal on the monitor and had a coupon code for free cookies, too! The order processing and shipping were incredibly fast and the transaction could not have gone any smoother. For those of you flummoxed with all the bad ratings here, I would suggest searching "Quill.com reviews" on Google or going to BizRate.com. BizRate has about 1,600 reviews of Quill and the overall rating comes out to 4.6 out of 5, which paints a much different picture than the one here (I would say it's a more accurate picture, too, based on the sheer volume of ratings and reviews).

Quill did not disappoint me!

"**Never buy from these people!!!** Absolutely horrible customer service. I ordered a 23" computer monitor which they conveniently substituted a 20" monitor and shipped it without my consent.

Please steer clear of this miserable excuse of a company.

"It's awful company! Never deal with them!
I have placed an order for a 23" LED monitor for $87 with taxes after coupon. They have sent me 20" regular LCD (completely different one) and charged $153!!!!! It's crazy - they said that their system used it as a substitute. And they did not even contact me about that change in my order! That's terrible attitude, they should not be allowed to run business.

"Horrible Customer Service and they're quick to blame you for thier obvious mistakes.. Will NOT be giving them any further patronage.. "

"I had bad experience with this company, similar to those who purchased thru their website.
I purchased an HP laser jet printer from their website since they advertised the lowest price ($383). But couple days later, I went to my online account and saw that they charged $547!. I called them right away but the item has been shipped. So, I have to refuse the delivery when it comes to my house and call the credit card company.
What a mess!.
I cannot believe this is an American company and still survives doing business like this....trying to overcharge customers while they are not looking.

"Had an absolutely appalling experience. Submitted an online order, got no order confirmation the day of my order. My account online had no invoice at all. The next day, and invoice shows up for the amount I expected to pay. An hour later, the invoice changes. And then I watch it change again. I wind up getting overcharged by 40 dollars. Customer service can not tell me what they charged me. Spoke to a supervisor that had no interest in being polite or considerate, and while I try to explain I'm looking at an inflated charge on my bank statement, other reps on the line chuckle.

DO NOT BUY FROM QUILL.COM, not unless you LOVE NIGHTMARES.

It's not worth any deal you think you might be getting. Look at these other reseller ratings before you consider them, it's the same sketchy story.

"I am very satisfied with my recent order. If Quill can improve her website that can provide more information about items' in-stock status and send more order status updates, customers will feel much more confident in doing business with her."

"Quill sends representatives door-to-door to sign up businesses. After someone in my company let them wait an hour to see me, I felt bad enough to give them my ear. The young man set up our initial order and said he would be back in 3 days to check on us. Turns out he lied about our order, ordered the wrong product because what we wanted was not available at the price we wanted, and then he never came back. Quill will not refund you for their mistakes, they will only give a credit. HORRIBLE COMPANY, NOT WORTH YOUR TIME."

"Placed my first order yesterday afternoon. I did NOT give them a credit card. I asked to be Invoiced. My items arrived today! I have all my order and Quill has nothing from me. Customer Service said the Invoive will come in a couple of days. So far I'm happy as a clam! Will report back if anything changes. I have also informed Quill of this site so they may address your concerns."

"My first order will be my last order. Placed order online.and received online receipt for $59.64. They charged my credit card $80.94. I've filed dispute with credit card so I feel sure I'll get the money back but it shows me Quill is a shyster company who inflated your bill, obviously hoping you're not paying attention."

"Quill is owner by Staples and caters to businesses. Their shipping speed is at par with Staples, which means very fast. They have many distribution centers around the country. Items arrived in good condition and packed well."

"Ordered a few laptops to equip our vehicles and found some great prices at quill.

Our company received a phone call explaining they needed a Money order or Cashiers Check.

No problem...i went to the bank, got the check and mailed it.

That was MAY 4TH..our order was cancelled so we re-ordered it under the advice of the credit dept.

They claim the NEVER GOT THE CASHIER'S CHECK.

Ok..back to the bank...the BANK says they cashed it..i submitted proof and still NO REPLY.

Our Lawyer is getting involved if we don't get the merchandise or a refund...STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE!

***UPDATE*** - As of June 4, 2010 they claim they NEVER got my proof that the bank check cleared even though we sent it REGISTERED MAIL AND THEY SIGNED FOR IT.

I Faxed it, E-mailed it and Sent it again i'll let you know what happens.

modified review This review was modified by SCEBILL on June 04 2010 01:51:29 PM

"My company does lots of business with Quill. They offer nice payment terms; the shipping times are quick; order tracking is accurate. There packing lists are easy to read and offer easy instruction for returns. "

"1. Company charged me for order, but denied charging me.
2. Demanded proof that I was charged. Demanded proof, including last four digits of bank account number and screenshot of account balance, that purchase would not put my bank account in negative.
3. Demanded payment by money order - for an order placed online and charged to my debit card.
4. Claimed they were demanding payment by money order from everyone who purchased an item I ordered. I heard from dozens of people on two online message boards, all of whom ordered that item and only that item; not one was asked for a money order.

Worst customer experience I've ever had. Stay away.

"I don't understand all the negative reviews. I ordered two orders during the weekend. I received one about noon on monday morning. The other order was an item that was in short supply, so it showed up on Tuesday or Wednesday. These orders were for products that had large mail-in rebates on them from the manufacturer. Every other store had raised their prices to accommodate for this, except quill...so basically Quill had the cheapest pre-rebate prices anywhere. Because of this they were flooded with orders (due to forums advertising this deal). I actually got both orders, so I was lucky. Many people, as I understand, ordered and had their order canceled because quill ran out of the item. This was a flaw in the quill inventory system and honestly I've run into it many times in the past.

Anyway I was lucky and got my two orders quickly and promptly. The customer service was the best I've had in years. The reason I was prompted to write this review is that I received a personal phone call from quill welcoming me as a new member and asking if i'd like email coupons (yes) and if I had any questions. This is after all my orders have been filled. They really want to make an impression on new customers.

Another spot of great customer service is this: After I placed my first order I found a coupon code for 30 off 150. When I asked via email t have that applied to my first order, they did it without a hitch. Sweet.

Quill is an old brick-and-mortar company transitioning to the web, I'm impressed so far. I would definitely order again.

Quill Corporation is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Quill Corporation is not a merchant member
Quill Corporation does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!