Stores > Quill Corporation

• Quill Corporati

Product & services pricing Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.56/10 0.56/10

2013-10-14

"Ordered a Brother laser printer - great deal, $100 below street price. It arrived within days, no damage. Has been working ever since. Haven't dealt with the customer service department (and don't expect to have to, knock on wood!)."

Washington State
2013-09-19

"According to wikipedia, Quill owned by Staples is "The largest mail-order office supply retailer in the United States" with revenues of $1.3B. Did they achieve this by providing bad service and poor value?

Our last order of an EPSON® WorkForce® 7520 13x19" Inkjet Printer, Scanner, Fax with 2 trays double sided printing and automatic sheet feeder for $179 on 09/03/2013 is a good example. It was $100 less than anywhere else that I could find online or locally. The shipping on this oversized and heavy item was free and took less than a week. It arrived undamaged and in perfect working order.

How can they make money at that price? It sounded more like a deal for a camera where they send you an overseas model without a warranty and charge extra for all the accessories that normally come in the retail box. But I can assure you our large format multifunction printer/scanner/Fax came with everything in a brand new factory sealed box. How is it that places like Quill get hammered when they deliver such good value and service?

I am at a complete loss to explain why so many others have given them poor ratings. In our society what do we now expect from retailers? In my experience Quill is an outstanding Company that delivers outstanding value and service. They are a 5 star company in every way as far as I am concerned.

This review was modified by vonnieglen on September 19 2013 08:40:45 AM

2013-08-10

"Worst company ever. I ordered an item. They sent me an order confirmation e-mail and then a shipment e-mail. It had a UPS number, estimated range of delivery, ship from address, etc. A week later I did not receive anything. I e-mail them and I get a response of "sorry we never had the item in stock". Unbelievable."

2013-08-06

"Horrible experience from beginning to end. First, they advertised a "special" deal on memory cards. I waited 14 days to receive the cards and when I did, they were the wrong cards. I called and after 1 1/2 hours on the phone, they ended the conversation by saying they did not know what happened or why and that they would have someone contact me tomorrow. They never did. I called them again and same run-around. They don't seem to want to refund my money. Horrible company."

2013-06-18

"This company sucks. They use deceptive sales tactics to get your business and then all of the lies come out. I will never use them again and I hope that they go out of business for the way they lie to customers."

2013-06-04

"Horrible. I placed an order on May 6. The first email, "Updated ship date," from Quill on May 7 said, my shipping was delayed and would be shipped on May 21. Waited. The second email on May 8 said, it would be shipped on May 22. Waited. The third email came on May 22 and said, it would be shipped on June 5. Today, I received another email saying, it would be shipped on June 19. What is all about? The item I ordered is now being sold on Quill's website. I've never experienced this with any other seller around the world! The most terrible on-line seller not only in the U.S. but also in the world! Waiting for a memory card for a month and a half? C'mmon... "

2013-04-05

"Ordered two small items Monday night with free shipping. Received the first on Wednesday and the second on Thursday! One small issue: the order confirmation said I would get 1 shipment, so when the first arrived I thought they had forgotten the other item.

Also, I ordered a 5-pack of one item but they accidentally sent me a box of five 5-packs; I e-mailed to ask and after a few days they replied that I could keep or donate the extras.

This review was modified by yotann on April 05 2013 09:24:01 AM

2013-03-09

"I bought an HP printer from Quill.com and received the printer within 2 days. The problem was they sent me the wrong printer. I received a Canon printer which didn't have the features on it that I was needing in a printer. When I contacted the company, they admitted to making a mistake and said they would replace the printer they sent me with the or correct one. The problem I had was, they charged me for the first printer, plus now they're charging me for a second printer, and when I called and asked why I was being charged again they said that anything that leaves their warehouse must have a charge associated with it. I asked about a credit on the incorrect printer and was told that I should see that within 5-7 days. I'm not happy with this procedure. They made the mistake, not me! I even offered to take the printer to their local warehouse and exchange it for the correct one, but they informed me that wasn't allowed. I had a printing job I needed this printer for, but now I'll have to pay to have that job done elsewhere. I am not very happy! I will pay the extra $60.00 I saved next time and buy my product from a physical store I can walk into. "

This review was modified by Salesdude105 on March 09 2013 06:08:32 AM

2013-01-28

"Superfast! I ordered Quicken software. Quill had it a a super low price with FREE delivery. It arrived super fast. I am extremely pleased with this merchant. "

2012-12-05

"I ordered a set of Quill brand folders and Avery labels. During check out, it did say that they would be delivered in two separate orders, but both were free shipping. I received an email a day after placing my order stating that one of the items had a change in the estimated delivery date. The date had only been moved back by one day. When I received the labels, the envelope it came in was a little crushed on the sides, but not in an unacceptable condition. The box of folders came in a well packaged box. The Quill brand folders were exactly what I had expected."

2012-09-05

"Placed an order for some coffee and had a $15 off $40 coupon at Quill for coffee. Their website accepted the coupon and showed the correct price at checkout. HOWEVER, when I received my order confirmation two hours later the coupon was removed and I was charged full price. I called and was told that the coupon did not apply and I would be billed full price. I tried to cancel, but they said that they could not cancel the order because it was already in process. I would need to return the items (at my own expense) and then they would process a refund. I immediately disputed the charge with my credit card company. Terrible customer service."

2012-08-31

"TELLING ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE DEPT!!! PUT ME IN COLLECTIONS!!! When I set up my account - I had it for autopay w/ my business visa. First order - I started to see balance due. After calling multiple times - they finally processed with my visa. I was 100% assured that all future purchases would be immediately paid with my visa - AGAIN the same thing happened - only this time - NO calls from Quill - just today I get a call from a collection agency - already reported against credit - I paid balance in full and demanded they close my account!! TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. Ive been in business 16 years and never had anything negtive in my credit report. BUYER - COMPANIES BEWARE!!!!!!!!!"

2012-08-08

"Amazingly fast shipping, and free (on a $2 item, nonetheless.) It took less than 24 hours for my product to be delivered. Price was good too, but I'm guessing it was one-time pricing, if not a mistake. "

2012-07-10

"I don't believe all those bad reviews below! I placed an order yesterday at 1 pm and received the package at 10 am this morning!! I am so happy with this company! This is the fastest shipping ever, I will be returning to order more stuff from them! Don't listen to these horrible reviews, people are always unhappy for no reason!!"

2012-07-06

"placed the order on 6/15 - customer service keeps saying that its released. Now saying tracking with UPS for 7/31 delivery which is some 25days out. How can UPS take 25days? No where they say backordered. Sucks... smells like scam imho."

This review was modified by shop12 on July 06 2012 11:00:02 AM

Share Quill Corporation's store rating

Quill Corporation is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Quill Corporation is not a merchant member
Quill Corporation does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!