Stores > Puget Custom Computers

Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.68/10 9.68/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.86/10 9.86/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.95/10 9.95/10

2016-12-17

The perfect computer for me

"This was a great experience for me. I wanted a certain computer and got what I wanted for the first time in my life. I think I have bought a dozen computers from box stores and on- line and this was what I wanted and needed. This is the best way to buy what you need without over buying. "

2016-12-17

Photographers: The best computer ever

"Anyone interested in photography, might be interested in Puget Custom Computers. I bought the Serenity Model with 32gig RAM, 6TB hard drive, 500gig SSD for the system and a 256 SSD for Photoshop scratch. It's fast, has the best parts (including power supply), and the service is the best I have ever experienced. Always available for a phone conversation, they helped spec out my computer tailored to Photoshop. A lifetime of individual (personal) contact. This was the easiest computer to set up and transfer files from old to new. It came packed extremely well and cost me under $3000.00 I would do this again in a heartbeat.

This review was modified by Raffeld on December 17 2016 09:12:09 AM

2016-12-15

Love my new custom computer from Puget!

"With my nearly 6 year old ASUS laptop starting to get a little long in the tooth, I decided to start researching the purchase of a new computer. With my aging yet still useful laptop and my phone, my limited mobile computing needs were covered, so I determined that for my new system, I would return to the world of desktops, and try and find one that serve me well for standard home computing tasks, in addition to being able to handle multitrack music production.

Though I found a couple of companies who specifically build computers for audio production, I decided that I wanted to make an extensively researched and informed decision about what for me would be a relatively high dollar purchase. I learned about the world of online custom computer builders and checked out at least a dozen different companies. Using the audio production computer builder specs as a guide, I put together several different potential builds with several different companies to compare options and prices. Several of these companies are geared mainly towards gaming computers, and with my gaming needs pretty simple, I realized that I would be paying for things I didn't really need from these builders.

I finally narrowed down my choice between 3 companies that I liked based upon the options and parts they offered as well as the cost. I then researched these companies as extensively as I could, reading every review I could find, searching on forums and anywhere else I could think to find real world opinions on these companies.

Puget Custom Computers seemed to have the highest level of customer satisfaction by far, with nary a negative word to be found, other than those who simply don't like the idea of paying somebody to build a computer.

I loved that Puget made it easy to put together exactly what I wanted in a computer. I also love that they only use products that they have very high confidence in, and that these were the same ones that I had determined were the best based on my own research. I also really loved that I could click on any component, and would get several Puget employees comments on what they liked about the product, or which ones they thought might be better in certain circumstances. A ton of great reliable info that helped me make several of my choices.

After saving a custom build, I was contacted via e-mail by a sales representative, Oscar, who was very friendly and relaxed without any kind of pressure to make a purchase. He offered his opinions on my build, and suggested some alternative possibilities, but was very supportive of the fact that I had pretty much made my final decisions on what I wanted.

Once I made my purchase, I could not have been happier with how things transpired. I was able to log in to the website and check on the status, which was updated often. I always knew exactly what was happening with my computer as it was being built and tested, and it was fun to check in each day and see how things were progressing.

Turnaround time was super impressive. I placed my order on November 29th, and on December 14th, the computer was being unboxed in my kitchen, and that was with a one day shipping delay. Watching the progress updates and then getting pictures of my computer, and then following the tracking of the shipment, my anticipation was incredibly high, so when I got an alert that shipping had been delayed for a day, I kinda freaked out. I contacted UPS who were no help, and then I contacted Puget first via e-mail, and then impatiently by phone. On the phone, they were super nice and friendly and very happy to go the extra mile, contacting UPS themselves, to try and help me understand why I had to wait another day to get my new computer. I received another call about an hour later, this one in response to the e-mail. I let the friendly voice on the phone know that I had already resolved the issue, but appreciated the phone call in response to my initial e-mail. Though I was already confident in Puget based on my research of them, this showed me that should I ever have an actual problem, they would be there to help me any and every way they could.

The computer arrived, extremely well packed, and even though it looked like the outer shipping box had been dragged around quite a bit, the contents inside were super protected and in perfect condition. The computer was set up beautifully, with only the necessary software installed, and I am sitting here typing up this review, as happy as I could be, with my awesome new computer from Puget!

Thank you guys so much!

2016-12-14

Best Customer Service!

"Perhaps the best customer service I have experienced in any industry. Computers and software can be finicky and temperamental, for sure, but Puget Systems is always there to support and service what they sell. They clearly want their customers to be happy."

This review was modified by Qventure on December 14 2016 11:46:13 AM

2016-12-13

They over-delivered!

"I found it a joy to deal with this company...the exceeded my expectations at virtually every turn. Their site was very well thought through, with lots of information, even pictures, to keep me engaged at every step of the building process. I can honestly say I've never found a company that was so responsive...proactively and re-actively...as this one. I think the key to this great experience was their constant interaction...they kept me engaged, ensured I knew exactly what was going on. They knew that this was a big deal for me, getting this PC, and they treated it that way. i couldn't wait to get to the site every day and check progress, and there was always progress! A joy to deal with. Of course, when I got the unit, it worked like a dream. This review may sound a bit over the top, but these guys nailed it...and it's just so rare that it's fun to give credit when that happens."

2016-12-13

Amazing Builds! Best Customer Service, Hand Down!

"I'm an animator. I was looking for beastly PC to upgrade to and saw these guys online. They were cheaper than most of the competition and had great reviews. The part that sold me was how dedicated they were to making sure my build was right for me. Unlike Apple and countless others that I was considering, they do testing to see what hardware is best for the programs you use. For me it was After Effects and Cinema 4D. After reading the extensive performance research and hardware recommendations on their website I talked to them over the phone to review my build. They gave me suggestions on what I needed and what I didn't need, even if that meant a less expensive build for them. It shows that they really are here to help the customer, and that's why I purchased from them.

That's not the most impressive part though. The fact that I could see every step of the building process as it was happening, blew me away. I got to see who was doing what, performance benchmarks, and even thermal images at idle and heavy load. What!?! Who does that! All before it was even shipped out. Just amazing guys! Wow! When I received my PC, it was beautiful! Securely packaged for shipping and an great box opening experience.

The performance of my computer is not disappointing either! No hardware compatibility issues no additional setup needed, nothing. It's ready to use as soon as you take it out of the box. I got the silent fans add-on and I'm really happy I did. I can't hear it running, ... ever. Not even under heavy loads.

So overall, I'm extremely impressed and satisfied with every aspect of my purchase with Puget Systems and would like to say thank you to everyone there for being on their A game all the time. I'll definitely be buying all my future builds from you.

Daniel

2016-12-11

Pricey but worth it

"My system arrived in a timely manner and was exactly as specified. It is very fast and very quiet, even while gaming. Based on my experience to date I would recommend Puget Systems to a friend.

The only error or omission in the system, and it was only a minor matter, was the lack of information about audio i/o on the back panel. It wasn't hard to figure out what I needed.

2016-12-09

Satisfied? So far an unprecedented experience!

"I bought my first computer over 30 years ago. Every few years since, I have updated my personal computer. Additionally, there have been an untold number of work computers and laptops...so I feel qualified as an expert in dealing with buying computers. :-).

My daughter needs a high performance machine for her college work in 3D design, animation, and graphics. The Alien we bought a year ago never was stable. After a special visit to her campus just to spend a day getting the machine to operate, out of frustration I began looking for options on the web. i stumbled on Puget after a web search.

It started with several days of annoying questions, all patiently and expertly answered. I ordered a custom machine and it arrived shortly after. Superb communications during the build. Upon opening the NASA-like packaging at arrival, i found an personalized binder of documentation for the machine and its bits and parts well marked. Fired it up and viola. It works! Fast and quite. I have even received a check-in email from cusservice to confirm all is working.

I understand the adage you get what you pay for. So far, even though this machine may be a bit more expensive than the traditional suppliers, I am judging it a bargain at the moment. Time will tell, but for now, i am way way satisfied.

2016-12-05

Ahhhh, Serinity

"Linux has been my primary OS since the late 90s and I've built from scratch or pieced together my last few PCs. This time around, although I had working parts from my dying home-built 7-year-old PC plus some high-end hand-me-downs, I decided I was both fed up with fan/drive noise and lacked the free time needed to piece together another Franken-computer from the various parts.

Jeff and the others at Puget were very helpful in discussing the pros/cons of various options and I ended up modifying the the basic Serenity PC to remove the Nvidia card and spend the money on faster CPU, more RAM and a high-end PCI SSD instead. They also made sure to pre-route drive cables so I could easily add my existing storage into the new machine.

The new system has been a delight. Photo editing is snappy and video editing is no longer painful. My wife and daughter "complain" that they now have to look at the computer to see if it is in sleep mode - it's just that quiet. The interior build is neat and professional.

I look forward to buying some more computers to upgrade our office machines in the near future.

2016-12-03

Great Systems and great service

"Great Systems and great service"

2016-11-28

Kick **** Build Quality & Service

"After I got my computer unboxed and plugged everything in, I fired it up and then ...raid system failure ...display system failure. Lol. Im sure after the Fedex guys drop kicked the box around a few times, it needed a little love. So I called up customer support and Christopher walked me through what I needed to do. Now, for those of you without a sense of humor, that was kind of a joke. **** happens, but what is awesome is that when I called, Christopher got it handled in about 10 minutes.

The build quality on this machine is top shelf. When Christopher had me remove the panels to figure out what the problem was, I was immediately struck by how perfectly organized all of the cables were. Amazing. I built hundreds of computers and several dozen servers back in the early 2000s in my first job after graduating from college and if youve ever done a system build, you will immediately recognize the quality of the assembly that these guys do. Every computer I ever built was a super clean assembly, but I bow down to these guys. To be honest I will never buy a computer anywhere else ever again.

From beginning to end these guys are the best. Jeff took the time to explain things in great detail during the sales process and once I submitted payment for the order, I mean like clockwork, I logged in to see the progress that was being made every day. After they got it all put together and ran the tests they sent pics of the heat signature that this thing put off during idle and heavy loads.

The packaging that it came delivered in was as good as you can imagine. The main box with the computer was packed perfectly and then they packed THAT inside an even bigger and more padded box.

Ok, so I think the most important thing about Puget is the level of expertise that they bring on the system configurations. From beginning to end these guys are professionals.

The end.

This review was modified by tommyidaho on November 28 2016 08:57:04 PM

2016-11-16

My hat's off to Puget Custom Computers

"I bought a Puget Serenity Pro desktop recently, and it is probably the most satisfactory transaction I have ever had. The computer arrived promptly. It was everything I wanted, even better! Interaction with the Puget staff, both pre-purchase and post-purchase, was a joy. They answered all my dumb questions with spot-on-accurate answers and with cordial good humor. I recommend Puget highly.

This review was modified by OliverLeBlanc on November 16 2016 02:01:10 PM

2016-11-15

Amazing company

" I am so amazed by this company. I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted and I was able to talk to someone who guided me in the exact computer that I needed. Then after I ordered it, their web site kept me updated to exactly what they were doing during the building stages, and through it all. It didn't take more than just a few business days to have the computer built. Then when they shipped it, it arrived in just 24 hrs. It was tightly package, and had no damage. It is sharp looking and works amazing. I am so excited to get to know my new system. I just got it today in the mail, and it is put together here in america. Thank you to Puget Custom Computers! "

2016-11-05

Puget Systems Serenety Desktop Review

"Highly, Highly Recommended. This desktop was custom built for use with AutoCAD LT, and it is wicked fast. The video card supports up to four 4K monitors and the image quality is the best I have ever seen.

I was kept fully informed during the build process and was provided with an information booklet with all of the information for the hardware, OS, and software that came with the PC. Questions I sent to their staff were answered promptly and accurately.

Packaging was extremely robust and everything arrived in perfect condition.

These folks are top notch in every way and I look forward to purchasing additional products from them in the future.

This review was modified by kirkbenton on November 05 2016 04:08:29 PM

2016-10-29

"I'm extremely pleased with the computer that Puget Systems helped spec out for me. It is exactly what I was looking for to work efficiently with Lightroom. I was equally pleased with the whole customer service experience. I've recommended them to several people."

Share Puget Custom Computers's store rating

Puget Custom Computers is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Puget Custom Computers is a merchant member
Puget Custom Computers participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,447 merchant members.