Stores > Puget Custom Computers

Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.86/10 9.86/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.93/10 9.93/10

What is this?

2015-12-27

"Order 147317 a 64 GB 4GHz Desktop computer to run Linux came through in perfect shape and on time. It came with Kubuntu up and running but I was subsequently able to put Tumbleweed from Open SUSE on with no problems.
I am very pleased. This is my second computer from Puget Systems, the last being a laptop from some years ago, 2010 to be precise. If I could conceive of a need for another system I would not hesitate to order from them again.

This review was modified by pjpmd on December 27 2015 06:52:47 AM

2015-12-26

"This is the sixth computer I purchased from Puget Systems, and they really are terrific. When you have a question you can talk to someone who speaks English as their first language and is extremely helpful. They will stay with you until your question is answered. Great customer service!"

2015-12-25

"Company delivers topnotch products as well as best-in-class customer service. Purchased an Obsidian for a home business. It has no problem running Oracle and Salesforce.com over a VPN. "

This review was modified by BUhockey on December 25 2015 04:57:06 PM

2015-12-25

"They were very helpful in discussing the options for the computer and its components. They took the time to go through all my questions. I was concerned about the shipping time, but after discussing it with my sales rep they went way beyond what I expected to make sure I would receive it when it worked for me. Once I did receive it it was very easy to set up. The one problem I had (and it was my problem) was that I was not getting a signal through the front head phone jack. I called Puget and I was told and shown by the service department that my sound card had controls that specified which jack was operational and how many channels were on. I can't say enough about the service I received. "

2015-12-22

"Very helpful Very competent"

This review was modified by marcmccalmont on December 22 2015 04:40:36 AM

2015-12-19

"Due to a back log in orders, I have not yet received my laptop, however I was notified of this delay from the start so it was not a problem for me. I believe I will receive the laptop this week, and I am completely thrilled with the customer service thus far. I had so many questions and several different set ups before finally deciding on my final set up. Wilson was so patient with me and always willing to answer my many questions. I really appreciate that my laptop can "grow" as needed simply buy buying the parts, and Puget will do the labor for free!! Wish I knew about them years ago"

2015-12-19

Service Team that works to satisfy

"Service representatives great. Deliver time great. On arrival computer noise level considerably above what I was expecting but was nicely analysis by their service staff and the offending fan replaced. It is now the quietest tower that I have ever owned. Love computer and the performance. It meets all my expectations. Thanks to Puget and their team. Neil Wilson"

This review was modified by neilwilsonusa on January 28 2016 11:17:07 AM

2015-12-18

"Very pleased with the system Puget set up for me. "

2015-12-17

"I have watched Puget Systems for many years. Their reputation has been consistently stellar. After building my last two PCs myself, I decided to have Puget Systems build one (my dream PC) for me. They exceeded my high expectations in every step of the process. They gave me wise advice while selecting the components for the build. I was able to monitor the acquisition of parts, the assembly of the components, the testing and shipment. They are the most transparent company I've ever dealt with. Yes, you can purchase the parts yourself and put them together and (possibly) save some $$, but you will be SOL if any of the components are bad -- and your "cable management" will look nothing like their masterful job. Their stress testing before shipment is extraordinary and completely documented. They proof-test the PC before they send it out the door. Their packaging (double boxing) is outstanding as is the documentation they ship with the PC. All of the individuals I dealt with directly were very knowledgeable, professional, and helpful. I cannot recommend Puget Systems more highly. THANK YOU PUGET SYSTEMS. Your business model -- built on quality components, in depth QC, and exceptional customer service -- is the right one. Never change."

This review was modified by Louisaz on December 17 2015 02:33:22 PM

2015-12-17

"Really impressed with Puget Custom Computers. From start to finish, they have been excellent. Can't speak highly enough of the service they provide and the time and effort that has gone in to making the purchase process a great customer experience.
Very happy with my new video editing PC and impressed with the way that Puget kept me informed through the build process via their website - with photos, results of benchmark tests etc. The whole positive customer experience extends in to receiving the machine in purpose manufactured packaging. It is clear that a lot of thought has gone in to the purchase process and ensuring you are satisfied with the system you receive.

If you are in the market for a new system, then this is a company that can be trusted to provide you with a first class experience. Having purchased numerous systems from other vendors over the years, I can say this is the best service I have received.
They deserve your order.

2015-12-17

"I ordered a laptop from Puget systems for work related items! While it is portrayed as a gaming computer I use it for a variety of security exercises which it is ideally suited for. As of now I have no issues with the computer. It is fast, nice looking and loaded with exactly what I need to perform. Thank you Puget!"

2015-12-16

"I Just received my computer today, and so far it works perfectly. The buying process, build process (and Puget's excellent website tracking system), and overall experience has been great so far. My customer service experience was personalized and informative (thanks Jeff Stubbers!).

I hope the computer runs perfectly forever (I know, a lot to ask), but only time will tell.

This review was modified by brian998877 on December 16 2015 11:15:28 PM

2015-12-16

"This is the most amazing experience that I have ever had buying a computer! I called asking for guidance on what I needed and the service representative very adroitly drew out the specific tasks that I would be performing and then examined many of the software that I would use, In each case he researched whether multiple CPUs or multiple cores would be better utilized by the software. Together we created my image processing workhorse.

While it was being assembled, their tracking system kept me completely in touch with where the machine was in the process. They shipped it on time and it arrived completely intact. When I opened the box I was greeted by written instructions on how to unpack the system. In the process I had the opportunity to look into the case. It looked as clean as an operating room. All wiring was neatly run to and from its target. Amazing!

I followed the unpacking instructions provided and had no problems. I was impressed that they provided a binder with all the necessary software for my components and detailed documentation on initially setting it up to run. The included documentation was very comprehensive.

It was when I turned the machine on that I was most impressed. If there had not been a blue light on the case that was lit I would not have been able to know that the machine was running. This computer runs like it is on "silent running." I can feel the air being drawn in and pushed out so the cooling is working. The machine runs substantially faster than my old machine and other than the inescapable ordeal of reinstalling all the software that I need there has not been any problems.

While the system was not inexpensive, it was not excessive considering the care that went into getting the right components and the obvious care that is evident inside the case. This has been the smoothest new computer experience that I have ever had.

2015-12-16

"I'm always skeptical of companies I've never heard of nowadays, but I did my research and couldn't find anything about Puget to be wary of... so I decided to place my order. It was a very simple process, and a Puget representative contacted me the next business day to go over my build—it gave me more confidence.

As promised after the construction was complete they sent me an email with pictures of the computer, as well as thermal images showing where any heat build up might occur. Shortly after that my computer was sent on its way.

It arrived quickly and while packaging isn't something to be excited about, it was so cleanly done and the shipping items are easy to save. The computer was just as the images showed, and set up was simple—they send a binder with all the data from tests and benchmarks, all of the CDs they used for set-up and installation, and all of the excess parts that came with the case/hardware (screws and such, and extra cables for the power supply, for example).

The installations are clean and there isn't any bloatware or garbage installed. All in all, from my experience the company exudes professionalism. I highly recommend them.

This review was modified by PoptartHyena on December 16 2015 05:48:16 PM

2015-12-14

" I recently (Dec 15) purchased a customized Deluge system from Puget: Win7-64; i7 6400K 4GB; Intel 750 400 GB pci-e ssd; 8GB ram; GTX 980 Ti 6GB GPU. I have been using computer systems since 1985, and since 1990 I have had 7 custom systems built by various builders. Prior to buying from Puget, I have had 3 gaming systems built, each from a different builder. While each of those systems was OK, for its generation and my gaming preferences (primarily flight simulation), I can say without qualification that my experience with Puget has been (and continues to be) head-and-shoulders above all the rest: outstanding pre-order build advice; superb build quality (this is the cleanest, most professional case build I have seen); thorough software/hardware set-up and testing; and superior packaging for shipping. With all of my other builds, the pre-and-post-build support was either grudging and unprofessional or non-existent. With Puget, it has been reliable, professional, and extremely fast. And with what I have seen so far I am sure this excellent customer service relationship with the folks at Puget will continue.
Why I chose Puget: I am by no means a PC power-user, but I keep fairly current with hardware and software developments and am knowledgeable enough to work comfortably with basic bios and software settings, adding drives, add-on cards , memory, etc. While I could probably build my own system, I do not have the day-to-day experience and certainly not the expertise to trust myself to do it well. In choosing a builder for this new system I did quite a bit of research, including 2nd-party reviews of various boutique and larger builders. I noted three consistent themes, especially with 2nd-party reviews (Maximum PC, for example): Puget provides superior customer service, consistently uses high quality (and thus more expensive) and stable components (they do not generally offer components that they have not thoroughly tested, especially for reliability), and the cost of a Puget system tends to be higher than many other builders (especially the big-box gaming builders). In my experiences with custom builders before, and now with Puget, the first two themes have held true, exceptionally so. Also I will offer a few thoughts on the last: cost. First, for me, the support Puget provides, before, during, and after a sale, combined with seamless, transparent access to every stage of the build process, makes any small extra expense well worth the money. Second, the cost differential may actually turn out to be a bit of a red herring, for any but the more knowledgeable and experienced power-users. When you compare the basic costs of pre-configured systems between, say, Puget and places like IBuyPower, Cyberpower, etc., a similarly pre-configured system can be more expensive at Puget, by a couple of hundred dollars. But if you go into the configurator menus and begin to build your system, you begin to notice that almost any components, memory, storage, GPUs, etc., from the other builders are generally only available as name brand sources for a component at an increased cost. Puget typically only offers those name brand components to begin with, and then only the components they have tested for reliability and stability. With the menus it is very easy (I believe intentionally so) to quickly add or upgrade components, on the more-is-better principle, or to add eye-candy to your system, so that you end up with a much more expensive and bloated system, one which may not actually perform better with your intended applications, and may even end up degrading performance. The system worked well enough for seven years, but the final cost, in 2009, was actually more than what I paid for this new Puget system. With Puget, in consultation before I committed to buy, Jeff Stubbers worked with my preferences for using the system and recommended alterations to the configuration that actually reduced costs on some unneeded components and made room, given my budget, for better components for my uses: the super-fast Intel pci-e ssd, the i7K CPU, and the Titan GPU. In the end I got an extremely fast, stable, and quiet high-end system that came in, including shipping, some $200 under my budget and some $500 less than my 2009 system. And a bonus I truly appreciate: zero bloatware, zero unwanted manufacturer apps, trial software, anti-virus programs that themselves act like viruses seeded throughout my registry. And the bios and all firmware, drivers and software, the ssd, everything updated to the latest stable releases. These thorough updates and tweaks have never happened with any previous build. As an example, on my 2009 build the Gigabyte mobo arrived with the first, factory release bios version, 11 versions out of date, and caused memory conflicts with Windows from the get-go, until I flashed it myself.
In sum, Puget has been an excellent, cost-effective experience all around, one I highly recommend.

This review was modified by 1stby80833 on December 14 2015 03:46:19 PM

Share Puget Custom Computers's store rating

Puget Custom Computers is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Puget Custom Computers is a merchant member
Puget Custom Computers participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,594 merchant members.