• Puget Custom Co Puget Custom Computers Elite Status

Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.83/10 9.83/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.73/10 9.73/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.89/10 9.89/10

What is this?

"I am not a newbie when it comes to buying custom built computers, and have built several myself. I bought a new system from Puget and I am extremely happy that I did so. I looked into various other custom builders and compared both price and reviews. Although I had never purchased from Puget before I decided to see how they could do. I am a very demanding computer user. I use my system extensively for both work and recreation and I need a system that satisfies a very wide and demanding set of requirements. Such as it needs to be extremely fast yet very quiet. And while very quiet, it needs to support several custom PCIe cards that can block air flow and also require more power. It needs to have very accessible ports and slots, but it's also very visible so it needs to look nice without cables hanging off everywhere. One thing that was so wonderful about Puget is that not only were they patient with my requirements, but they also asked me question after question about how I was going to use to system and carefully crafted a system that wasn't extravagantly expensive, yet satisfied every requirement I had. There were many changes to the individual component list and each time I got a revised quotation carefully listing all the changes. When I finally purchased the system they were great about working with me to get it quickly but not wasting my money on excessive shipping costs. And when it arrived it was by far the nicest packaging of a computer system that I have ever seen. All very professional, with a clear plastic on the chassis to keep it pristine until it was all hooked up and ready to go. And the unit itself is very much like a work of art. All the little details were perfect. From cable routing to the addition of extra quieting foam in the interior. It was configured perfectly and has truly been one of the best purchases I have made in my life. I don't write reviews often, but Puget deserves all the accolades it gets. Great attention to detail, great sales support, and great customer support. I haven't had a single problem, but I have been contacted twice by their customer support staff just to make sure that I was happy with my purchase. And I obviously am very, very happy that I purchased my system from Puget Custom Computers. "

"Bottom line: I recommend the Puget Systems Traverse Pro 15 inch laptop. It was a great purchase.

Now for some details:

Ordering: It was easy to configure an order for a new laptop on www.pugetsystems.com.

I chose the Traverse Pro 15 inch with 32 MB of RAM and the i7 4910MQ processor.

The packaging protected the product very well during shipping. Unpacking the laptop was easy, not an exercise in dexterity or spatial perception .

How I use it: I'm not a gamer, not even an occasional gamer. I use it for

- browsing the web seeking product research (seeking and reading documentation),
- website forum participation,
- vehicle diagnostics,
- network (software) client troubleshooting,
- professional enrichment (example: vmware for guest OS application development and testing),
- corporate VPN access
- client access to ssh and ssl services

Security: It was easy to configure SSD hardware encryption (Self-Encrypting Drive technology).

Puget Systems didn't add any bloatware to the system and - Unlike other system vendors - there was no hidden client software making contact with servers I didn't recognise.

Performance and ergonomics:

The laptop runs VMware Player and guest LINUX operating environments very well.

The keyboard has a nice feel with pretty good-to- excellent tactile feedback.

The backspace key looks about 30% larger than alpha/numeric keys.

There is no Fn key on the lower left side of the keyboard, which took a few minutes to get used - I'm left handed - but it's not a problem.

There is a Windows key on the left side, so quickly locking the screen matches my habit.

I'm really glad there are left/right buttons on the lower side of the mouse/track pad. I'm not a fan of button-free track pads.

The battery life is on par with other 15 inch laptops with similar display and peripheral hardware.

I'm sure I could squeeze more out of a charge if I could be bothered with tweaking power profile settings.

The wireless NIC works very well with my Netgear consumer class wireless network gizmo. N mode is not a problem and I can work well outside, to about 150 feet from the transceiver (edge of my property, through brick walls). It also works well on enterprise-class Aruba wireless access points.

The only complaints I have are around MS Windows.

The hardware feels durable. There is plenty of room to rest the heals of my hands on either side of the track pad.

Over all, the laptop hardware is excellent for my needs.

"Great experience, exceeded expectations. These guys are pros, no attempt to up-sell, helped clarify what I thought I needed and built the perfect machine for what I needed to do. "

"Initial hassle with wireless card, problem nogt typically encountered, resolved by Puget support staff"

"I needed to replace pretty quickly a big box pc that started throwing errors. I am not current on technology; it's changed a lot in 5 years. So I was worried about under or over spec, paying for more than I needed, or getting something with compatibility issues. I'd heard good things about Puget Computers and decided to investigate. I found the sales process to be very informative and supportive. They really show how to do consultative sales. They even answered my questions after hours. At the end of the process I felt no hesitation in placing my order.

Puget has an on line order/build status system that is superb. Each major step is marked and documented. I felt like I was part of the process. It is a very special touch, yet only a small part of the over all experience.

I've been using the Spirit system for about a week now. I've had no errors or compatibility issues. The shell provided as an alternate to the Win 8.1 Start is very robust and makes it easy to go back and forth. The system is quite snappy and quiet.

I'll readily buy all my computers from Puget Custom Computers, and recommend everyone check them out before making a purchase.

"Best custom computer experience!"

"Great service, computer runs great. Very pleased overall."

"I ordered the Puget Genesis II system recently and I am amazed at it's power, quiet running and very low operating temperature. This system is exactly what I was looking for to handle 4k editing workflows with color correction/grading, temp VFX and audio mixing thrown in. The staff has gone above and beyond during the ordering and build process and the PC arrived with a thorough manual with troubleshooting advice for common issues that may arise and includes all of the installation DVD's for everything the system came installed with (for both hardware and software) in case I ever need to reinstall everything. I'm very impressed with Puget and I recommend them to everyone I know that works in post."

"I bought 3 identical PC's from Puget and was very pleased that the hardware and software configuration was exactly the same across all 3 systems. Everything was excellent quality and was put together well. As they advertise, all spare parts, software discs and manuals were included, there was no crapware installed, and the shipping boxes were high quality and properly packed. I'm very happy with this purchase."

"Awesome. Great every step of the way."

"The people at Puget Systems were great, They even called to see that it all worked as expected and were easy to talk to and understand. "

"The whole process from start to finish was comfortable. They answered all my questions and when I was undecided between two options, I was supplied with full details on those items and suggestion based on the profile I gave them on how I would be using the computer.
It’s been a week since I received my computer and I’m very satisfied.

"Just bought my second gaming PC from Puget Systems. I have to say everything about the entire process is handled professionally. They really seem to be focused on building reliable systems and customer satisfaction. I highly recommend them!"

"I recently purchased a custom laptop from Puget and the process was amazing! The personal attention from the people here was second to none. The computer arrived on time and in perfect condition. The support information packet was something I "geek'd" over before booting up my system. This laptop can handle the same task as my custom PC but is portable. My company logo was even etched into the top of the case. Great job guys!"

"As long as Puget Systems strives to satisfy customers the way they have been I will keep coming back to them. I remain well pleased and very satisfied."

Share Puget Custom Computers's store rating

Puget Custom Computers is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Puget Custom Computers is a merchant member
Puget Custom Computers participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,715 merchant members.