Stores > Puget Custom Computers

Product & services pricing Rating 5.34/10 5.34/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.78/10 9.78/10

What is this?

2015-12-14

" I recently (Dec 15) purchased a customized Deluge system from Puget: Win7-64; i7 6400K 4GB; Intel 750 400 GB pci-e ssd; 8GB ram; GTX 980 Ti 6GB GPU. I have been using computer systems since 1985, and since 1990 I have had 7 custom systems built by various builders. Prior to buying from Puget, I have had 3 gaming systems built, each from a different builder. While each of those systems was OK, for its generation and my gaming preferences (primarily flight simulation), I can say without qualification that my experience with Puget has been (and continues to be) head-and-shoulders above all the rest: outstanding pre-order build advice; superb build quality (this is the cleanest, most professional case build I have seen); thorough software/hardware set-up and testing; and superior packaging for shipping. With all of my other builds, the pre-and-post-build support was either grudging and unprofessional or non-existent. With Puget, it has been reliable, professional, and extremely fast. And with what I have seen so far I am sure this excellent customer service relationship with the folks at Puget will continue.
Why I chose Puget: I am by no means a PC power-user, but I keep fairly current with hardware and software developments and am knowledgeable enough to work comfortably with basic bios and software settings, adding drives, add-on cards , memory, etc. While I could probably build my own system, I do not have the day-to-day experience and certainly not the expertise to trust myself to do it well. In choosing a builder for this new system I did quite a bit of research, including 2nd-party reviews of various boutique and larger builders. I noted three consistent themes, especially with 2nd-party reviews (Maximum PC, for example): Puget provides superior customer service, consistently uses high quality (and thus more expensive) and stable components (they do not generally offer components that they have not thoroughly tested, especially for reliability), and the cost of a Puget system tends to be higher than many other builders (especially the big-box gaming builders). In my experiences with custom builders before, and now with Puget, the first two themes have held true, exceptionally so. Also I will offer a few thoughts on the last: cost. First, for me, the support Puget provides, before, during, and after a sale, combined with seamless, transparent access to every stage of the build process, makes any small extra expense well worth the money. Second, the cost differential may actually turn out to be a bit of a red herring, for any but the more knowledgeable and experienced power-users. When you compare the basic costs of pre-configured systems between, say, Puget and places like IBuyPower, Cyberpower, etc., a similarly pre-configured system can be more expensive at Puget, by a couple of hundred dollars. But if you go into the configurator menus and begin to build your system, you begin to notice that almost any components, memory, storage, GPUs, etc., from the other builders are generally only available as name brand sources for a component at an increased cost. Puget typically only offers those name brand components to begin with, and then only the components they have tested for reliability and stability. With the menus it is very easy (I believe intentionally so) to quickly add or upgrade components, on the more-is-better principle, or to add eye-candy to your system, so that you end up with a much more expensive and bloated system, one which may not actually perform better with your intended applications, and may even end up degrading performance. The system worked well enough for seven years, but the final cost, in 2009, was actually more than what I paid for this new Puget system. With Puget, in consultation before I committed to buy, Jeff Stubbers worked with my preferences for using the system and recommended alterations to the configuration that actually reduced costs on some unneeded components and made room, given my budget, for better components for my uses: the super-fast Intel pci-e ssd, the i7K CPU, and the Titan GPU. In the end I got an extremely fast, stable, and quiet high-end system that came in, including shipping, some $200 under my budget and some $500 less than my 2009 system. And a bonus I truly appreciate: zero bloatware, zero unwanted manufacturer apps, trial software, anti-virus programs that themselves act like viruses seeded throughout my registry. And the bios and all firmware, drivers and software, the ssd, everything updated to the latest stable releases. These thorough updates and tweaks have never happened with any previous build. As an example, on my 2009 build the Gigabyte mobo arrived with the first, factory release bios version, 11 versions out of date, and caused memory conflicts with Windows from the get-go, until I flashed it myself.
In sum, Puget has been an excellent, cost-effective experience all around, one I highly recommend.

This review was modified by 1stby80833 on December 14 2015 03:46:19 PM

2015-12-13

"The best experience buying a system I have ever had. Many custom configuration options were available, allowing me to select exactly the system I wanted. They reviewed my order and offered useful suggestions before my order was placed. The process of building the system was transparent. I was able to review every step of assembly and testing. They perform extensive testing and QA. I received the system 2 days before expected. It was boxed carefully and was in perfect condition, up and running that day. I purchased a Serenity. The system is as quiet as advertised. I am very happy with this purchase."

This review was modified by jrmillermd on December 13 2015 06:45:48 PM

2015-12-12

"Have been involved with computers since the 60's and this has been my best experience by far. My machine is beautifully designed and built with care. I have been using it for about a month and it performs exactly the way I hoped.

The customer service is just as good as the machine. Had a few requests and they were eagerly completed. This is not your usual company that reads "I am sorry" off their screens every 30 seconds when you have a problem. They truly try to help!

Will definitely buy from them again.

2015-12-07

"Every person that I contacted at Puget Custom Computers was helpful, knowledgeable and very friendly. I am very happy with my new computer. My only frustration is with getting all of my old programs and data loaded. It's always challenging but has nothing to do with my new speedy and very quiet computer. Thanks Puget!"

2015-12-07

"Very reliable company! They helped me configure my PC and followed through every step of the way. "

2015-12-06

"Very impressed with the quality of service and attention to detail. Exceeded all my expectations and pleasantly surprised by many little niceties. Super high quality computer and excellent service!"

2015-12-05

"Impressed with recent system purchased. Order process included technical guidance based on my applications and usage. Excellent build and order tracking process. You can see where your system is in assembly and test in real-time. The system build was prefect and very clean. Excellent packaging. Had a question or two afterwards and got competent support. I got a high end Serentity system. It is so quiet you do not even know it is on. "

2015-12-05

"Professional in every respect. I got good advice, got the rig I wanted and follow-up after the sale. This is my second computer from Puget. Costs a little more but worth every cent. The support was terrific even after they had made the sale. They seem to have an exceptional commitment to customer service."

2015-12-05

"My new computer is fast and silent. It took a bit longer than I expected to get assembled, so definitely check on that if timing is critical for you. Puget is very responsive to emails and requests."

2015-12-04

"Dear Gentlemen:
Everything was completed in a timely manner and delivered but it wouldn't work and found out it had a virus had it removed and now it works great

Rep reply posted Dec-17-2015

jonbach, Puget Custom Computers rep has responded

“John - I am glad you found our delivery and service to be good! Unfortunately even the best of computers can still get a virus -- we recommend running a good anti-virus program. Call our support crew at any time and they can definitely help.”

2015-12-03

"-Reasonably priced
-Excellent support based in the good ole USA
-Quick turnaround of orders
-Quick to respond to inquiries
-Very supportive during the ordering process
-Will advise you when you order stuff that does not make sense for your configuration even if it means less money for them

I orignally looked at replacing my computer in March 2015. When I mentioned that I replace about every three years, the salesman, William George, told me that it would not be 3 years until December. He basically gave up a sale for 9 months because he has integrity. He is very patient, honest, and does not ever make me feel pressured.

I have bought two computers from Puget so far, and as long as they keep doing what they're doing, I will continue to do so.

2015-11-30

"Ordering and purchasing my computer from Puget Systems has been an excellent experience.

Extremely professional, very helpful, and even quite personable, would be how I would best describe my interaction with them.

I wish more companies would conduct business as well as the folks at Puget Systems.
I try to never give perfect scores in reviews, as many times they are just not believable. In this case, I feel it has been earned and is warranted.

Now, when I say my computer wasn't cheap, I mean it was well built with the best components on the market, tested thoroughly during their extensive burn in process and didn't come filled with bloatware and phone home's.

2015-11-29

"Great experience. Quiet fast computer. Delivered as promised. Excellent packing. Only comment would like to have a little help bringing old programs forward or a resource to help with this problem."

2015-11-29

"Great communication and timely processing. The produce arrived exactly as ordered without any additional bloatware installed. I have been very pleased."

2015-11-29

"It was a joy to work with Puget Systems in configuring a computer that would meet my requirements. I have been using the new computer for 3 weeks and it is just what I needed"

Share Puget Custom Computers's store rating

Puget Custom Computers is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Puget Custom Computers is a merchant member
Puget Custom Computers participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,635 merchant members.