• Address: 2707 West Valley Hwy N Auburn, WA 98001

Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.91/10 9.91/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.96/10 9.96/10

What is this?

"Puget Systems B460i 14” Review
Until I bought my first laptop I had always built my own systems. This spoiled me in that when I turned on the system I knew it would be bloat ware free, no programs installed I neither wanted or needed, I could load the latest drivers from the Mfg. and get only Windows updates I wanted.
That said I was disappointed when I bought my first Laptop a Toshiba Satellite and had to reformat the HD removing the hidden partitions, then do a low level format and install Windows. My second laptop was much worse. ASUS was selling a RAID 1 with (2) 128GB SSDs. Turns out there was only 50 GB available on Drive 1?????????????? So I deleted all partitions and turns out it was actually one 256 GB drive specially configured from Mfg. for ASUS. RMA’ed
After searching all the custom build sites I found Puget Systems. At least 30 post with sales rep over Christmas/New Year’s holidays I was convinced the system I configured would be what I received. I had purchased Win 8.1 when I ordered the ASUS as it shipped with Win 7 so I ordered the system W/O an OS. Shortly after placing order Puget’s Tech Support sent me an email on the best way to install Win 8.1 without letting it load drivers. The Tech. sent the latest driver files to install after completing Windows install. This is the most stable Windows installation I have ever had. The system after 6 months still boots in 20 seconds. I have only had only one problem. Outlook locking up. This was solved by cleaning out the host files. Renaming host file to host.old and creating new one. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034 Ergo it was an OS problem not a system problem. I have 2 Outlook accounts and something in the host files was causing the issue when both were open.
I cannot say enough good things about the Sales, Service and Support Puget offers. If you want a system bloat ware free, built to your specs and using quality pre tested parts this is the place. If you are old enough to remember the early days of the home PC wave then you remember when you had a problem with a component you called Tech Support. A person answered, you spoke with someone in the US who knew what they were talking about and worked with you to fix it. Well that long lost support can still be found with Puget.

"Assembly and delivery were exemplar with lots of informative messages. The computer has, so far, performed beyond my expectations."

"I ordered a custom made Puget Echo II - it's a really small desktop box with a really powerful i7 4790K 4.0GHz Quad Core CPU. I wanted something that I could take anywhere on my travels but it needed to be very powerful (fast) to handle some large file processing.

I looked around for weeks but all the desktops with powerful CPU's were in large boxes. I discovered Puget could configure this beast in a small box.

I was able to follow the build online in great detail. I've never seen any other company do things this way. It's over and above anything you could wish for.

During the build process it was discovered that the first motherboard was faulty so they replaced it before continuing the build. I'm really happy that I didn't have to deal with that problem myself (if I had tried to build this myself). Then, during testing, Puget found the temperature was too high under heavy load, so they added another small fan to the case. Again, this is something I'm very glad they caught before shipping the system.

This PC was reasonably priced for the amount of work that went into building and testing it.

Puget kept to the delivery schedule and I received my order on time (I had to take this with me on an international flight).

So, I'm very happy and I highly recommend Puget Systems.

Worth every cent!

"Ok, I am speechless!! Bob has just set my "Lil Beastie" up and already I can see the difference between my store-bought computer and the customized computer we ordered from Puget Systems.

When Bob first told me of his experience with his Beastie, I really thought he was nuts! I mean, who spends that kind of money for a computer, right? But then we ordered mine. And I have to tell you, I am a believer!!! The dedication your staff has to delivering exactly what customers want goes far above anything I've seen before. You are awesome and I will very gladly tell anyone and everyone I speak with to contact you for their next system!

Thank you all and God Bless!
Marcia & Bob Sadler

"Puget Systems is simply outstanding. I purchase all my workstations from them exclusively now. All of my custom machines are built in record time, and you can see the progress online! Shipping and packaging are best in the business. I am the IT manager in a research lab, processing images like MRI and CT, and generating simulations....I need machines with horsepower and beefy video cards! Their support department is Incredibly well educated and prompt. You simply won't believe it until you try them. I had a liquid cooling unit go out on a hard used, 3 year old Puget systems machine, and they diagnosed it with me, overnighted the replacement part, and walked me through on speaker phone doing the swap out. No charge. And they checked back a few days later to make sure all was well, and suggested free software to monitor my processor temperature so that I wouldn't worry! Top notch support.
You won't find Dell or HP doing that.

"Everyone throughout the whole process was extremely responsive, helpful, and professional. The finished product is exactly what I was looking for."

"Order came ahead of expected time. Everything is sound and works very well.

I was happy with the packaging, and the attention to detail - everything installed and instructions included! (As well as details about everything that was done to the computer as it was being built, etc.)

"The people I had contact with were very knowledgeable. They were able to quickly identify my needs, and helped me design a system that was perfect for my business. I would definitely purchase a computer from them again."

"From my first contact to having the system running at home, it was a great experience. They helped me select the right system and kept me informed every step of the way as it was built and delivered."

"very personalized assistance by a caring and knowledgeable person. thank you. nancy"

"The best customer service experience in the computer industry. From pre sale to post sale follow up the communication was prompt, polite, helpful and informative. This is the second custom system I have purchased from Puget System and I will not even look anywhere else in the future. Highly Recommended!"

"No other custom computer company compares. Dude don't get a Dell."

"Computer is fantastic, customer service was exceptional, and it's everything I want in a computer. The only thing is that my 2TB hard drive is not working, and I have to go into the case and see if it got unplugged from the motherboard. If it weren't for that, it'd be a five star rating."

"Outstanding company. Couldn't be happier with my new computer. Exceeded my expectations."

"The customer service and the status during my build was unlike any I've experienced. Puget Systems delivered quickly and with great attention to detail. They also knowledgeably installed linux. I can't see ever needing to build my own computer, or purchase from a big faceless vendor again. Buying from Puget Systems was the best experience I've had buying a PC."

Puget Custom Computers is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Puget Custom Computers is a merchant member
Puget Custom Computers participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,856 merchant members.