• Address: 2707 West Valley Hwy N Auburn, WA 98001

Product & services pricing Rating 5.63/10 5.63/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.72/10 9.72/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.66/10 9.66/10

What is this?

"Overall I have been very satisfied my laptop. My only issues were that for the price it did not come with a backlit keyboard or a TPM chip. I knew this before I bought it but really wish it came with both.

However outside of the above items, the laptop is a well engineered machine with quality components and the service to back it up. I really appreciated the quick responses to the few questions I had after buying it.

"The most impressive customer support that I've seen in twenty years of shopping online."

"Puget computers are head and shoulders above the rest. In test after test it never let me down. These guys know how to build a computer. They are courteous and very professional and know what they’re talking about. Their computers are very reliable. There are beautiful inside and out. You can tell these are well-built computers. I give the company and the workers five stars. The desk top computer I ordered from Puget was the best investment I’ve ever made. The computer is so fast it amazes me. I would recommend Puget computers to anyone who is looking for a reliable, fast, worry free and inexpensive computer. This computer is awesome. It arrived on time and was boxed extremely well. I would buy another Puget computer in a heartbeat. I don’t normally do these kind of reviews but I’m so impressed with Puget I just had to say something about the company and the people. Their people are amazing. Jeff Stubbers is an amazing guy. He helped me from beginning to end. He returned my emails, he was there by phone. He made me feel like part of the Puget family. Try getting any of that from any of the major computer companies and you’ll get laughed at. Thanks guys, you all are the best."

"They were courteous, prompt, and fully answered all of my questions. Their product met my expectations, and their service exceeded them."

"Puget Custom Computers have done an absolutely wonderful job on my new computer. My old computer died during a thunderstorm and I couldn't fix it. Well, searching the net I stumbled upon Puget. Had never heard about this company , but intense searching found only very positive comments regarding their work and support.
I can only say I am extremely pleased with my interactions with Puget. From the initial call to the sales department, to the follow ups along the way while the computer was build, to the shipping of my computer. You can follow your build and testing on their website. Awesome. All interactions with Puget staff have been super professional, efficient, and helpful.
My computer is absolutely whisper quiet. I cannot hear it in my otherwise quiet office space. When I turned it on the first time, I thought I didn't press the button hard enough and was about to repress it, when I realized the computer was already booting! They promised it would be quiet, and IT IS.
I have had no issues with this build, it worked as promised and expected right out of the box.
Are Puget the cheapest computers? No, but I can attest to they may be among the very best on the current market. They deliver a stellar product without any hassle.
I especially appreciated the no upselling part of the purchase. When asking questions, I was never pressured into buying anything more expensive. Actually, the sales person advised to go with a cheaper option, since that would better suit my need.
I have now been the happy owner of a Puget system for a little over 2 months, and it has been a great experience all the way.
I have bought computers from many vendors over the years and I never skip on quality, but Puget blows any other competitors out of the water.

"The computer is awesome and the whole process was easy and transparent. Puget's website allows you to follow step by step and get updates on delivery timing. The issue I had was that 2 screws fell out when I pulled the computer out of the delivery box. I heard one screw fall on the floor and picked it up so it was not an issue. A couple of days latter there was a rattle inside. I had to open up the case and I found another screw rolling around inside the case. The 2 fixes took less than 5 mins. and its not an issue but it would have been a pain in the arse if I had lost the screws. Given the quality control that Puget undertakes I would have expected them to check the tourque. Having said all that, the computer is awesome and I would buy from Puget again. In fact they called me to see how the computer was and I told them about the screws. I think its a great company with great customer service."

modified review Rep reply posted Nov-27-2014

jonbach, Puget Custom Computers rep has responded

“I am so sorry about that! Loose screws is probably the worst possible first impression you can get with a new laptop. We immediately opened up 20 more laptops on our production line, and did find that some screws were arriving loose from the factory. They already have blue loctite applied...they just aren't being tightened enough by the manufacturer. We took this issue to the laptop manufacturer (Clevo) and they are not denying it, but they are saying the screw tightness is "within spec." Baloney! We told them that when screws are literally falling out during shipping, they need to be tighter. We will keep pushing until they agree. In the meantime, we are opening up and tightening EVERY SCREW on EVERY LAPTOP that comes through our facility. If anyone out there purchases a Clevo laptop from anywhere else, you should ask them to do the same. I personally think it is just a batch issue and should resolve itself. We will certainly have a good feel for it, since we are now checking every last screw. Thanks again for reporting this, and helping us find this issue. Consider it resolved going forward!”

"Excellent advice and follow through."

"Very pleasant people, quick to respond to questions and very willing (and overly capable) to help."

"Puget does exactly what the say they are going to do. My computer is beautifully made; quiet; built like a tank and the support is first-rate. A Puget computer (I've had two) is not the cheapest computer around, but you get what you pay for."

"This is my third build (I think) with Puget, replacing my last build with them after 5 years. (My old system is actually still performing well, but I decided to upgrade because the HD warranty is ending and the graphics card fan was getting noisier. I could've just replaced the graphics card/fan but, time to upgrade anyway.)

So, Jeff and I telcon'd on what my needs were. He made suggestions based on what was best for my situation - there was no upselling, no pushing this and that, and I felt comfortable and confident I would be getting the best system for my needs and wants, like I always have in the past.

From time to order to arrival at my doorstep was very speedy - about a week! - it actually arrived sooner than I was expecting, which was about 3 weeks ago - I just now set it up this weekend.

With setup, OS/software installation, systems configs and everything else completed, all I can say is Yeah! - this Beast is soo fast and soo quiet - it just amazes me and I'm loving it. My apps seems to snap open, and no time at all goes by when booting up. Incredible :)

Thank you so much, Jeff and Brett and Jon and Josh, for again exceeding my expectations. It's really nice to have such great personal service (they even made a video of my PC mid-build). They kept me informed everything step of the way. If I have questions or need tech help, I can call and get a really helpful person on the other end, who's really doing his or her best to help me (thanks, Josh). Jon really wanted to make sure I was happy and he did by going over and above.

Puget is a great American company and I highly recommend them for your computer needs. Service and quality doesn't get better than this.

"Absolutely fantastic!!

I have been involved in workstation/server installations and associated software for 30+ years. Most folks focus on low price and I have to admit guilt as well.

My wife says when I get a new DELL system it is unpleasant as I expect the stuff to actually work and deal with dysfunctional CSR folks.

She pointed out that I always wanted to buy the Chevy but expected it to work like a Lamborghini. Not going to happen she said. "Spend a few bucks more and get the actual Lamborghini".

I did and what a pleasant surprise.

What she said as she watched me assemble/configure the Puget system is there were no phone calls, no issues, she heard, just me working and occasionally muttering "the stuff actually works"

Hardware quality seems to rate an 11 on a scale of 10.
No crapware, just what I needed and ordered.
Small issue of some missing screws and it turned out that they packed them and I failed to notice. The documentation on the system is a 12 on a scale of 10.

It is worth the additional money to actually get the Lamborghini.

"I am extremely pleased with my experience with Puget Systems. I was able to get very quick answers to my questions. I received the laptop customized just the way I wanted it... without a any bloat ware. The laptop screen is vivid (I chose the gloss option). The laptop came with a notebook of information along with the drivers I might need in the future. Yes, I would definitely buy another computer from Puget Systems."

"This is the third Puget Computer our family has purchased. We are sure this is the Very Best computer EVER and the Customer Service is outstanding. "

"Great experience! I built a custom system on their site, but it was coming in a bit more expensive than I wanted. Their system review suggested a few small changes that brought the rig within my desired budget. I've also never dealt with a company that provides such a complete experience. From the status updates as they were building, testing and shipping the rig, to the amount of personalized documentation included. I am definitely recommending Puget to friends for future computer purchases."

"Excellent customer service for years. I bought the computer about 3 years ago, with a one-year warranty. Within that year, I had to replace the SSD and one of the two video cards. Still, some hardware glitches persisted--not due to Puget's error--and they continued replacing some items, including shipping back to their place. In the end, they just upgraded me to a better video card that did better than the two original ones together--more reliable and slightly faster--at no cost. Since then, a few things have come up, and they have been good about sending sound advice and solving some issues with Windows 7 Ult. When given a choice between making an extra buck or doing the right thing for the customer, they choose the customer first. You pay more for Puget to build a good system, but the support you buy with it makes it definitely worthwhile."

Puget Custom Computers is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Puget Custom Computers is a merchant member
Puget Custom Computers participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,920 merchant members.