Store Information Store Info
  • Rating 9.78/10 145 reviews

Pro-star is a merchant member
    Pro-star participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,877 merchant members.
  • Pro-star contact information

• Address: 837 S. Lawson Street, City of Industry, CA

Product & services pricing Rating 8.59/10 8.59/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.89/10 9.89/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.66/10 9.66/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.71/10 9.71/10

"Bought an awesome gaming laptop from them. Was able to add an 2nd SSD without any issues. Runs and works great! Everyone at the lan fest was jealous!

Company has great customer service!

"i <3 PROSTAR!"

Rating 8/104/5

"Very good, fast and prompt. Free shipping to Canada a plus but make sure to research customs/brokerage if doing so.

Laptop did come with 1 stuck pixel however.

"My experience with Pro-star has been exceptional. They even followed up with UPS on my behalf when my shipment was delayed."

"Love the service, great products, love the customization. definitely recommend this business."

"I have had a D87P for the better part of 8 years now. Yes, it's big, it's bulky, it's heavy... but it sure can take a punch. Having flown with this laptop for a living for almost 300K miles and lots of turbulence, I have never had a crashed drive, broke monitor or anything else to complain about. It's rock steady, reliable and always there when I need it. The P4 3.1Ghz processor is still going strong.

Prostar support the very few times I have requested it has been awesome. Always there to help when I asked.

Have had 2 laptops to date and have sent at least 9 people directly to Prostar to purchase. NONE of those folks have been disappointed.

Thanks Prostar for making a great product that was worth every penny I paid for it. Looking forward to more with you soon!

DK

"Great quality, built to the specifications that I asked for and is performing very well."

"I purchased a ProStar computer before with a Clevo notebook build. The ease of configuration and the numerous choices of upgrade components made it one of the best buying experiences I ever had. The final cost cannot be matched by others with the custom selection of quality components so you know what you're getting and not some unknown OEM mystery.

Prior to buying from ProStar, I ordered all of my Desktops and laptops from Dell for 10 years. However, Dell had started outsourcing and while trying to purchase a $3,200.00 XPS laptop, Dell pulled a bait & switch price to steal away a $700.00 coupon offering that THEY emailed to me. After complaining over & over to different reps while on hold for many hours at a time, they refused to honor their own coupon for this laptop. That's when I decided to shop the internet for other vendors. I came across the ProStar Clevo build having the configuration of all high end components and the final price was actually $300.00 less than the Dell XPS including the discount coupon. The ProStar build computer worked without a glitch for 5 years until the power jack connection on the motherboard failed because of heavy use on our part. Other than that, it ran just as fast as the new computers. I thank Dell for screwing me so I could find ProStar as my choice of vendor.

I ordered another high-end laptop a few weeks ago from ProStar because my daughter will be doing intensive work with projects for her Architecture Major in college using CAD and Photoshop type programs. I've configured a nice gaming base model from the ASUS Republic of Gamers line that ProStar also is an Authorized Dealer for and does in-house upgrade modifications for them too. The component upgrade selection for the ASUS brand laptop is awesome and is not available if you were to buy from a place like Best Buy. I configured the G55VW-DH71 base model and upgraded many components which will be overkill for her now but should be fast enough to get her projects done until she graduates in 4 years.

I did go with 2 SSD's for better speed and selected the glossy screen (listed as 'glare') instead of the matte. The glossy screen is one of the best that I've seen and don't regret getting. I saw the matte finish on the same model in Best Buy and wasn't impressed. I know that gamers would probably benefit from the matte much more. The price of this unit also amazes me for what I'm getting in power.

Prostar may not be well known, but they carry & deliver quality like a little hole-in-the-wall restaurant that has the most delicious food. As a repeat customer, you can’t get any better pricing and customization from anyone else – believe me I’ve tried the others.

modified review This review was modified by ismetaniuk on February 21 2013 09:31:04 AM

"Absolutely love my Pro Star Laptop and plan on making this company my go to store to replace or upgrade from now on. Thanks so much and keep up the good work "

modified review This review was modified by frankboothby on February 21 2013 09:15:45 AM

"I purchased an MSI G780DX-406US gaming laptop from ProStar, hands down the best computer I've ever owned. I got it intending to have a portable rig complementing my desktop, but in the end this thing destroyed my PC so handily in every way that it's now my one and only. With an i7, 12gb of RAM, a GTX 570M, and 750gb of HDD, there isn't a game out there it can't run at highest settings. Yeah, it's a huge 17-incher, but the extra internal space keeps it running cooler than any laptop I've seen. Plus ProStar was unmatched on pricing, with many discounts and rebates to bring the cost down even further. It ran straight out of the box and impresses anybody that sees it."

"pro-star is very nice. When I mailed them to make the shipping date a little earlier, they did it. That's why I want to buy another laptop here."

"I have ordered my laptop and I had a problem with my bank. They shipped it as fast as they could and I am very grateful to them. The guy I was writing about if, from Prostar (Edie) was exelent. Laptop was shipped and delivered as they say it would and looks great. Thanks"

"Powerful computers and helpful customer service. I've had the pleasure of owning and using their laptops in the past. Whenever I had a problem they were quick to fix it."

"Great company, fast shipping even with custom arts being installed. Planning on getting a new machine from them right now."

modified review This review was modified by Controlr on February 27 2013 04:15:52 AM

"I have been dealing with Pro Star for over 10 years. I am a CAD operator/ Engineer and have been using Pro Star Laptops for my CAD systems because of their exceptional performance."