• Address: 2259 Meadowlark Bldg 2PO Box 938Genoa, NV 89411
    • Contact: Support@PowerNotebooks.com
    • Phone: Toll Free 877-711-1777
    • Customer Support: Support tab on website
    • Business Hours: Sales and Admin - 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM Monday-Friday Pacific Time.Service - 24/7 - 364
    • Fax: 775-773-1777

Product & services pricing Rating 8.08/10 8.08/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.88/10 9.88/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.48/10 9.48/10

"I bought a custom laptop from PowerNotebooks at the end of March, 2013 to use for all my personal applications -- business software (MS Office, Adobe), video streaming and general internet usage, and gaming. Basic specs: 17.3 Full HD (1920x1080) LCD; Intel Core i7-3740QM; 250GB Samsung 840 Series SATA III Solid State Drive; 16GB DDR3; nVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M; Bigfoot Networks Killer Wireless-N; Windows 7 Premium - 64-Bit.

I was very impressed by the customer service and attention to detail provided by these folks while ordering. After designing my system online and placing the order, I received e-mails and two separate phone calls confirming the details of my order. Donald Stratton answered my questions and offered sage advice. And when the screen I ordered was found to be no longer available, they upgraded me to the next higher quality screen for free.

To add one more degree of difficulty, I needed to be away on a business trip for three weeks after I placed the order, so they completed the custom build and then held the computer for me, shipping it exactly when I requested them to do, so that it arrived with perfect timing.

And what a sleek and beautiful machine it was! Fantastic design canted the keyboard at just the right angle while allowing plenty of air flow (and such quiet fans!) to keep cool during frantic gaming. Wonderfully lightweight for a 17-in machine -- the system performance was as crazy fast as I hoped, and the screen has amazing resolution.

So I was a highly satisfied customer and completely willing to give the folks at PowerNotebooks a glowing recommendation. But I decided to wait until I had the first glitch, or problem, or failure of some sort, so I could also report on how long it took to happen and comment on the quality of customer support.

I've used this laptop very nearly every day since I got it, for hours at a time. I've loaded tons of software on it. I've connected it to dozens of external gizmos via the generous supply of ports provided. I've hauled it around in a lightly-padded Targus bag and treated it not exactly gently (it's had a couple of rough bumps). It's now July 2014 -- this system has seen hard, continuous usage for almost 15 months and I have the same 20 second button-to-browser boot time that I did when I got it. I haven't had a single problem -- no crashes, no bugs, no glitches, no screen issues, no need for tech support; in short, NO PROBLEMS! Frankly, I got tired of waiting for one to occur before I wrote this review, so I'm posting it now.

If you want a laptop built just the way you want, that will perform with consistency and excellence for a long time, go to www.powernotebooks.com. You will not regret it!

"I was skeptical at first since i have never heard of the company, but after a phone call that all changed. There is no waiting or jumping through hoops of automated machines. You call and get instantly connected to a representative. You're assigned to a specialized individual who handles your entire order from start to finish. In my case this was Abe. The company was very helpful and friendly throughout the entire process. In the end i expeditiously received a fantastic MSI GT70 dominator portable gaming station."

"I have used this company for an ASUS 5 years ago and now an MSI gaming notebook. I looked at several reviews and spoke with Donald Stratton both times. He was a pleasure to work with and guided me with the choice of a new high level notebook.
The machine arrived today and was set up properly with an amazing improvement in function from the last time.
I would certainly recommend them for future purchases, as well as advice. Their site also states 24/7 support technically except for Xmas.

"I contacted PowerNotebooks.com about a gaming laptop to use on daily basis for work. I almost never play game, but need a powerful system to run Linux and VMs.

I ordered an MSI laptop and I received an excellent service. We adjusted and confirmed my selection after ordering. They are a secure, really kind and competent organization.

The shipping was quick, the packaging professional and the laptop, just as I wanted, a great machine.

Their support either provided me useful information about Linux Ubuntu, despite they do not officially support it.

I definitely recommend PowerNotebooks.com!

Marc-Andre Heroux, CGEIT, CISA, CRMA, CRMP, ABCP, CISSP, NSA-IAM, NSA-IEM

"I found the experience of ordering from PowerNotebooks.com very satisfying. My service rep (Donald) was very knowledgeable and polite and answered all of my questions. The site was easy to use and I was able to customize just the notebook I wanted. The computer arrived as configured and I am very happy with it. I will definitely be a repeat customer at PowerNotebooks.com"

"Let us be clear here. In the process of signing up to write this review ResellerRatings asked, "Did PowerNotebooks.com ask you to write this review?" Well yes, Abe Barnett asked me if it was not too much trouble and when and if I found the time to do so, would I mind writing a review. No pressure there and no coaching. I would not write a review that is not 100% my own thoughts.

I purchased from Abe the Sager NP8278-Special, substituting the stock 120 SSD for a 240 GB one, and swapping out the NVIDIA 870M for the 880M GPU. I went with 16GB of RAM, and a 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD, and Windows 7. This thing is a beast! It is taking me some time to get used to, as I am a long time Linux user, but this computer is so fast it's jaw-dropping (and unfortunately AFAIK Linux has not yet sufficiently caught up with this level of hardware such as to make it perform to its fullest, so I am not using it yet). The only way I could get a better win score would have been to upgrade the CPU, which would have broken my budget. With the SSD as the boot drive, this machine boots incredibly fast. It is actually faster to just shut down and restart whenever I want to log out for a while than it is to hibernate it and wake it up.

A little more about the laptop itself: 1. I LOVE the lighted keyboard. I get up well before sunrise, and now I don't have to turn on a lamp to be able to type. 2. A niggle here - I had read somewhere on the internets that this machine had a rubberized finish, which is not the case (to be fair, maybe I was reading about optional rubberized paint). The keyboard area and the keys are rubbery feeling (love the typing feel of the keyboard), but the palmrest area and the whole rest of the laptop is black brushed metal. Quite attractive, but it's a huge fingerprint collection area. 3. The power brick is large, but I have no objection to that, nor does it get hot; it gets warm, is all. It would not hurt my feelings a bit if the DC cord - the one going from the brick to the computer - was a foot or three longer. 4. The fans are not overly loud, IMO. I had some trepidation after reading other reviews on the internets, but I don't find the sound level to be bothersome, even with the GPU fan running full blast. The audio on this machine is so much better than that on my old machine that I hardly notice. 5. The caps lock OSD popup which steal focus. It last a second, maybe two, and while it can interfere with typing (and train of thought) a bit, I think I can adjust. Numlock does the same, but you set it to be active at bootup and forget it.

Abe was great to deal with. Not only was he friendly and interesting to talk to, he also showed me how I could save some money and get better performance by changing my original configuration a tad. I would not hesitate to do business with him again.

"They gave me the best price for what I wanted in a gaming laptop, and it works like a charm. would shop there again.

"First and foremost I would like to say PowerNotebooks.com provides the best service and top notch products for excellent customers satisfaction. They were able to adapt to my personal needs and never hesitated to answer any questions or concerns. Replies / response time from my sales representative (Donald Stratton) was lightning fast! I get replies even out of the companies normal working hours! I highly recommend choosing him as your sales rep. You won't be disappointed. PowerNotebooks.com will always be my place to go for High Quality products and service that can fit all my needs. I highly recommend them!"

"Ordered the ASUS N550JV-DB72 Gaming Laptop with the assistance of Abe. The reputation of the companies reps was not exaggerated. He was very informed and assisted me in narrowing down the laptop and capabilities to meet my needs. I was getting the laptop for a friend but when I received it and confirmed performance and configuration, I wanted to keep it. This one belongs to someone else but I will come back to PowerNotebooks for mine. The turn around time for my customizations and shipping was a surprise. They must have been building it while I was talking to them. Arrived quick with all necessary documents. I recommend this company!"

"Purchased a laptop through PowerNotebooks.com. Had a good experience. They were very thorough with my order and made sure how I built it was right. Any questions I had they answered the same day. I would purchase from them again and recommend them to others. Donald was who I dealt with and he was awesome."

"Excellent costumer service, worked great with my needs, quick shipment"

"Great service, very quick build time and shipping. I was expecting it in another week but got my laptop early. "

"I called 2 other resellers for the MSI GT70 notebook I was looking at. While these folks were a little busy and had to call me back, I found them to be the most helpful and informative. The sales rep was knowledgeable and quite helpful. I also called tech support to ask a few "test questions" and they were equally rather informative. The product shipped out ahead of schedule and worked perfect. Prices were also good, not the cheapest, but fair. Would buy again. "

"Very happy with my Alienware 18. Great laptop for gaming. Donald did a outstanding job on helping me thru the mind bending maze that is computer shopping these days. Donald let me know what was important for the laptop I wanted. This way I was able to zero in on only the things I needed and not all the fluff they will try to sell you at the big box stores."

"Powernotebooks has great customer support that is fair, understanding, and cooperative. They give you discounts and savings of mass value. Would recommend buying from them."

PowerNotebooks.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

PowerNotebooks.com is a merchant member
PowerNotebooks.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,862 merchant members.