Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"Portatech and PCBoost LLC are Problably the worst online computer sales company ever.

Despite my paying an extra "expedite charge" with promise to ship within 24-48 hours they took over 7 days from the order to ship the product.

I ordered components so they did not need to assemble or build the computer let a lone test it nor burn it in.... I do not understand why they are so bad at this? I have gotten ebay items from China in as little time. The shipping is expected to be another 5-6 days on top of the now 8 days.

I would stay away from this company as they are just awful. Now that I am writing this I remember a similar situation months ago when I ordered some other parts.

Beware of these bad operaters.

"everything worked great and had no problems with the products whatsoever the only problem i had was it took 2+ weeks to ship and arrive "

"2nd time buying from PT...both experiences were great. Mobo CPU combo on both purchases were well packed and arrived fairly quickly. Worked perfectly when installed. Would use again as prices are best I have found."

Redding, California

"Always quick and comprehensive service. I will return to PortaTech for all my PC needs."

"I still haven't received the product or notification of when to expect it by. They did qualify after I made the order that I should expect 2-3 additional days added on to the normal delivery times but now it looks like it will be 2+ weeks.
Hopefully the product will be worth the wait?

"Took some time to build but totally satisfied with the work."

"shipping is too slow, but overall shopping was ok"

"Did not even get my order yet. I asked could I use my own shipping method since I am an authorized UPS, FEDEX, USPS & DHL Ship center. Not only have I not received my order, but I was charged a ridiculous amount for basic shipping. I was told it would be shipped last week and I would get it either Monday or Tuesday. Today is over and it is Wednesday!!!"

"I had placed the order to include the ASRock motherboard that was advertised instead I received an ASUS motherboard and while there isn't much difference they should have notified me about the change. Other than this one issue I am VERY satisfied with my order and will be installing it this weekend."

"great service and communication. "

"I liked it so much that I have already ordered parts to put another computor together. There is only one comment that isn't the very best. That is the time it takes to ship and get the product. Other than that you can not beat them. But California to Kentucky is a long way. But I would tell tou to buy from them and feel good about it."

"Found Item i needed easy and was easy to navigate the site. "

"Without question, Portatech.com is the worst PC experience I have ever dealt with.

I've been ordering parts from various dealers for over 20 years and only one comes close the pathetic service this company offers.

The parts were almost 2 weeks late. If I hadn't called them I would have never received my order but I was billed. Then once received, the motherboard had issues. Of course, it was my fault according to them.

The price was nice, but I guess because they were sending me junk. :)

I'm giving them one star only because a minus 10 stars isn't offered.

RUN PEOPLE!! Stay away from this company!!

"Hardware is great. Happy there. However, paying for the expedited service was a waste of money. So much for 24 hour service. I paid for 2 day air shipping and "Expedite Order" on Monday 3/3 and it didn't get to fedex until Friday 3/7. Not happy about that."

"Well I have yet to receive it so I do not know its present condition, But it is on the way at least."

PortaTech (PCBoost LLC) is a Merchant Member! Learn more

PortaTech (PCBoost LLC) is a merchant member
PortaTech (PCBoost LLC) participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,866 merchant members.