• PortaTech (PCBo PortaTech (PCBoost LLC) Elite Status

Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.83/10 5.83/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.50/10 6.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10

2015-04-01

"The package came in faster then I expected, I opted out of the extra fee for more protection on the packaging and I oredered a gigabyte g1 wifi bk mobo. It came within a larger box with styrofoam peanuts also to protect it from moving in the box. Had no issues im very pleased will definitely order from here again. "

2015-04-01

"First and foremost I find that this company seems to always have the best price. While pricing is important to most, that's not all this company is good at. They made sure I was charged correctly, and they also take time to ensure that they are sending the correct product while simultaneously verifying the integrity of the product shipped. I will be back! "

2015-03-30

"Quick delivery, satisfied with material--have not asembled it yet."

2015-03-30

"Portatech is the best! Their website is easy-to-use for their target market: hobbyists, enthusiasts, and other tech-savvy people. Their prices are competitive and their service is great. :)"

2015-03-27

"Very good motherboard and CPU, run great! would buy from them again in the future!"

2015-03-25

"I have no problems with the product.
Great price with great customer support too

2015-03-24

"PortaTech was very helpful with my orders"

2015-03-22

"Everything was Excellent! PC parts came assembled as requested. Safe packaging. Everything is working fine. Good pricing. Thanks!"

2015-03-22

"All around great service, from placing the order, to order progress, to fulfillment time. My one and only complaint has to do with the shipping method. I paid for the Platinum Delivery Plan which says the item is shipped with heavier packaging. The packaging used for my order was just a USPS Priority box with some package-peanuts (just a tad larger than the motherboard box). Personally, I'd like to see it shipped using a larger box to guard against punctures and crushing damage. I feel like I got the standard shipping treatment and not the Platinum. My box arrived scuffed up but the components appeared to be undamaged. Everything ran great for me after installation was complete."

2015-03-21

"Order placed over a week ago. Still haven't received purchase nor have I received tracking info for the item. All in all I would say that paying for an expedited order and 2 day shipping really was not worth the extra money that I shelled out. Boo hiss portatech!"

2015-03-09

"System arrived and would not power on. The build and burn is a load of crap. Spent 1.5 hours with a computer repair place (over the phone as it was 730 pm when i plugged it in only to find out they hadn't plugged the atx 12v power plug into the board that powers on the cpu. When I called portatech.com I got told that they test and burn in all of their systems. Brought to their attention that my twin atx power cables were still attached and that there was no way they plugged my power supply into my board When it only takes a single atx 12v.

I was called by portatech.com after posting this and was told that there was no way it could be there fault. They test their systems blah blah blah. If it were tested properly the 2 4 pin atx plugs would have been separated. They were not and this board only takes 1 4 pin atx. So how could the 2 4 pin atx cables still be attached to each other had this system been tested properly. You asked what I wanted to change my review. Now nothing you do can change it. You've earned my 1 star rating. On a side note the equipment is working. Glad I didn't get your extended warranty or I might have had to deal with you again in the future.

Now portatech.com is trying to flag my post. These guys are bullies. "

Rep reply posted Mar-13-2015

portatech, PortaTech (PCBoost LLC) rep has responded

“Dear customer,
We are sorry to hear about your negative experience. We do test all systems prior to shipping. Your system was logged as passing testing and it should have been working when you received it. We do not know how or when the 12V CPU power cable was detached from the board, but it is also unusual that a technician would take 90 minutes on a fail to boot to see that the 12v power plug is not attached. This would be easily visible on first glance, as the 12V connector on the board would have nothing attached to it.
As there were no hard drives sold with the unit, we wonder if potentially the cable was detached inadvertently when you or the technician went to install the drives into the system. We have tried to reach out to you by phone twice since we have heard about your negative experience. Regardless, we hope the system is working properly and if there is anything we can do to help you with the system please call us and we will work with you to resolve any issues.”

2015-03-07

"was very pleased with product and very satisfied"

2015-03-02

"I was very impressed with their quick response, and their accuracy on a possible delivery date. They delivered exactly what they had promised."

2015-02-27

"Let me start by saying, I read reviews and got very worried. Many said there were broken parts, it took too long, that sort of thing. But that all was false.

I ordered my new PC 02.20.15. It cost about $480 because I didn't pay for an OS (Win 8.1 PRO has a student discount). I ordered it with the extra packing ($6) and 3-5 day build. I contacted Portatech on the 3rd day to check on progress. They sent out a manual trace to their warehouse to check on where it was. They got back to me a few hours later saying it had shipped that day, since the delivery service picks up around 3pm PST. The next day (02.25.15), I got my PC. But, it has parts MORE expensive than what I paid for and ordered! Opened the case to check for damage, and the only damage I could find was the side case fan pins weren't fully connected since they were bent (from being forced into the cable I think). Bent them back and plugged right in. Put Windows 7 x64 Ultimate on it and it runs like a dream. Great place to order from, I definitely recommend it. I just wish they would price match."

2015-02-23

"I have ordered from them several times in the past and will continue to going forward. When I realized I selected the incorrect shipping, they were very quick to correct my error. Additionally, when I had questions regarding the shipper they were at the ready to assist there too. Not only did I get a great price on the product, but when you also get excellent customer service it is truly a joy. I have ordered from a number of vendors for various things but have never been disappointed with ProtaTech!"

Share PortaTech (PCBoost LLC)'s store rating

PortaTech (PCBoost LLC) is a Merchant Member! Learn more

PortaTech (PCBoost LLC) is a merchant member
PortaTech (PCBoost LLC) participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,847 merchant members.