Stores > Personal Creations

Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.00/10 4.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10

2014-07-03

"I have bought items from this company before and while I like their gift options, the quality has been simply average for the money. None the less, I purchased a $30 Living Social deal for $15 and decided to give them another try. I shouldn't have wasted my time! I picked out an item that was supposed to be on sale, put it in my cart and proceeded to checkout. Once I entered the Living Social deal as payment, it changed the price of the item back to the non-sale price! Despite that, they added extremely high shipping and handling and care fees! It was going to cost $17 to mail a small canvas print! I called to complain, but the customer service person was of no help.....just told me that only one offer is allowed. Really? This company is just DECEPTIVE! Fortunately, I got a refund from Living Social. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH PC AGAIN!!"

2014-06-17

"I tried to send my father a gift for father's day and chose this site to do so (as I had many other times). After spending an hour looking for the right gift, I paid extra for the shipping and was happy to know my father would receive something special on his day. As I got a confirmation message AND email, I did not worry and trusted their services. I was sad to find out that nothing arrived and I was not contacted about it. I called and was told an email was sent to me; however, while I received the confirmation email, I did not receive any other one (I also checked my junk mail). Furthermore, even if I had received it, it would have been too late to send something else. If there is a need for an US billing address, my order should NOT have gone through and I should NOT have received an email confirmation. This should be made VERY clear and I should NOT be led to believe that all is find UNTIL it really is. They are fast to send me an email confirmation BEFORE confirming anything to ensure I do not search for something else and tie my hands. I am extremely upset that this happened and I hope you take this into account before they ruin other customers' special dates like they did mine. Clearly, they DON'T care."

2014-05-15

"WIsh I would have read these reviews prior to purchasing. Website says free shipping if 50 dollars spent (NO CODE REQUIRED). After spending 160 plus dollars and using a 25% off code, I figured shipping would be free per the offer on their own site saying no code required. Proceeded thru checkout process selecting standard shipping from a list of shipping options (all had prices next to them except standard). Still felt good thinking shipping would be free since there was no price shown. Confirmation page shows total which I should have broken down and checked myself because lo and behold I get a confirmation email showing I was charged 20 dollars for shipping. Called customer service and first I had to convince them of their own offers on their own website. Then I am told only one coupon code can be used which is exactly what happened. Shipping (per their own site) should be free with no code needed. Rep apologized but of course did nothing. Will be the last time I deal with this company of any of its subsidiaries. Deceptive. Would have cancelled order if my wedding wasn't so soon and this is so last minute. Just terrible. I am making a profile on here just so I can write this review."

This review was modified by bothteamsplayedhard on May 15 2014 07:49:37 PM

2014-04-19

"Very high shipping fees even for standard delivery. In addition to that they add a Care and Handling fee which can be up to $4.99. In my case, the standard shipping charge for an $18 item came out to be $8 and they also added a $4 handling fee. That's almost as much as the item itself. Not worth buying from this place. Probably cheaper to get the item locally or from another seller. On top of that their selections were very poor. Every available color for the item that I wanted was out of stock except one."

2014-01-28

"We received a name frame collage as a gift for our new born. The generous sender forgot to sign the card. We called Personal Creations numerous times and they would not tell us who sent it. They said they could only contact the sender and tell them to contact us. Very awkward. They were a difficult company to deal with."

This review was modified by Hambone86 on January 28 2014 07:25:28 PM

2013-12-19

"So upset! I bought a Groupon $15 for $30 but they have extremely high S&H and an additional care charges costing me $17 in S&H and the Groupon saved me nothing. Then the very cute snowball in a fight bucket that I admit is a lot of fun to have around both adults and kids is also very cheap. 3 of the 6 balls already fell apart at the seams with in two weeks of only a handful of fights. So I thought I'd write a review on their site since they have them listed but I can't find them anywhere on their website. I will NEVER buy again and I've been telling everyone how horrible they are even though their stuff is cute it's not worth it in my opinion."

This review was modified by gnlgates on December 19 2013 02:56:38 PM

2013-05-15

"Ordered a personalized picture frame from Personal Creations almost a month ago, well in time for Mother's day. Ordered the "I heart Mommy" picture frame and received a "WE heart Mommy" picture frame instead. Seeing as I'm an only child, that was not going to work. Called customer service, was told that they would resend me another one at no additional cost but it would not make it to me before Mother's day. To my surprise, I did get the shipment before Mother's day but yet again, it was wrong. Seeing as how my mother had not managed to have any new children in the one week time span, "We" was still not acceptable. With a small case of deja vu, I got on the phone with customer service. This time I was told that they would refund my money and send me another replacement but yet again, it would not get there by Mother's Day. This time, they were right-it didn't. Three days after Mother's Day I finally received my "I heart Mommy" VERTICAL photo frame even though I ordered a horizontal frame, but hey, I'll take what I can get at this point. I'm just glad they got the letters right. Although the items were wrong and the company messed up 3 times, I will say that when I called, they were very nice and pleasant. I think the major discrepancy is in the packaging department. Customer service can only be so nice if they have special people actually packaging the items."

This review was modified by whiteeagle118 on May 15 2013 08:07:57 AM

2013-01-11

"I was asked to review these folks on my website and given a gift credit to use at their site. I thought it was strange that my transaction wouldn't go through unless I submitted my credit card info. I've never experienced that with a gift card. Even after speaking with a customer rep I still wasn't able to complete the transaction without disclosing my credit info. As for the extra charge if you view their site under shipping they disclose their policy in regard to the extra fee. What I don't understand is why this isn't made evident at checkout. It appears that info is only available after the transaction is complete. This is not a company I would ever do business with. See full review: http://www.nyaproductreviewer.com/2013/01/are-bloggers-providing-honest-reviews.html"

2013-01-06

"Deceptive shipping on web page...
Shows no cost for standard shipping, $4.99 for expedited shipping, and higher costs for next day etc.
In actuality they charge $12.98 for standard shipping - not no cost. And higher costs for expedited shipping.
Contacted them and they did not refund money nor care about their deceptive web page.

2012-12-03

"I also was upset with their "handling and care" charge of $4.99 which does not appear until the very end of your order. I had a free shipping code and did not look for other charges, so it was a surprise. After I received my confirmation a few minutes after placing my order, I tried to "cancel", but was informed that "Your gift is currently in transit or ready for shipment, and the carrier is unable to halt shipment at this time". I did realize I wasn't able to cancel my order if placed after December 1st, but was surprised by the additional fee....."

This review was modified by RiaMaria on December 03 2012 06:50:45 AM

2012-12-01

"I agree. I also searched for other complaints about this, and happened upon this website. I order 3 personalized cookie tins for the holidays at $14.99 each. $45 for cookie tins is a bit much, but I thought they were cute. What disgusted me wasn't even the $9.99 shipping charge for 3 lightweight tin boxes, but a "care and handling" charge of $4.99! That is ridiculous and a very poor business practice! $15.00 to ship not even a pound of merchandise!

I will never ever do business with this company again. I'm not an idiot and don't like feeling ripped off! That " care and handling" fee is total greed and is definitely costing them business. Absolutely appalling way to conduct business!

2012-11-28

"Personal Creations charges an additional $2 per item for personalization. I ordered a personalized frame and a photo mug. Both items are advertised as being personalized, so I didn't expect to be charged anything additional above the price of the good. When I complained to customer service, they couldn't have cared less. I also posted honest reviews of the items so that other customers would know about the extra charges beforehand, and neither review was posted on the website. Buyer beware."

This review was modified by Mprovost on December 03 2012 11:39:43 AM

2012-11-23

"I am disgusted with the amount Personal Creations charges for shipping. I ordered a family tree canvas that couldn't have weighed more than 2 pounds. I was charged 11.99 for shipping PLUS 4.99 for handling charges. This was not made clear to me before purchasing. I will NEVER order from them again."

2012-11-14

"I placed an order with Personalization Creations after purchasing a Groupon code. I found two things I wanted to use as birthday gifts. I placed my order on the 30th of October. I had an email soon after saying my items would be shipped by Nov. 9th. I called today, on Mov. 14th, to ask where my items were. The customer service rep told me that someone in the company had started my order but never processed it...so it never was created much-less shipped! The most he said he could offer me was "overnight" shipping, which would get here by NEXT week at this time! So frustrating!!!"

This review was modified by LovelyladyWI on November 14 2012 09:07:30 PM

2012-11-14

"I read through the previous reviews about Personal Creations and I do agree that their items can be a little pricey (but within reason.) Even with the slightly high prices, I will most definitely shop through their website again.

Two weeks ago (10/31) I ordered two personalized stockings for myself and my boyfriend and was given an expected delivery date of 11/9. On 11/10 I was wondering why my stockings hadn't arrived (worrying that they had been placed in the wrong mailbox as I live in an apartment complex.) When I called customer service, I was greeted promptly and spoke with a very helpful and considerate woman. By the end of the call she had promised that she would find out exactly what was wrong with the order (some shipping error) and would have someone call me back after the weekend. I was pleasantly surprised when I received an email the next week stating that the company (without my asking or getting angry) would be refunding part of my order. Then, a few days later I received an updated ship date (11/16) and a $10 gift card to use on a future purchase. I think it is great customer service for them to do all this without me even asking.

I highly recommend shopping at Personal Creations.

Share Personal Creations's store rating

Personal Creations is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Personal Creations is not a merchant member
Personal Creations does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!