Stores > Personal Creations

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"So upset! I bought a Groupon $15 for $30 but they have extremely high S&H and an additional care charges costing me $17 in S&H and the Groupon saved me nothing. Then the very cute snowball in a fight bucket that I admit is a lot of fun to have around both adults and kids is also very cheap. 3 of the 6 balls already fell apart at the seams with in two weeks of only a handful of fights. So I thought I'd write a review on their site since they have them listed but I can't find them anywhere on their website. I will NEVER buy again and I've been telling everyone how horrible they are even though their stuff is cute it's not worth it in my opinion."

This review was modified by gnlgates on December 19 2013 02:56:38 PM

"Ordered a personalized picture frame from Personal Creations almost a month ago, well in time for Mother's day. Ordered the "I heart Mommy" picture frame and received a "WE heart Mommy" picture frame instead. Seeing as I'm an only child, that was not going to work. Called customer service, was told that they would resend me another one at no additional cost but it would not make it to me before Mother's day. To my surprise, I did get the shipment before Mother's day but yet again, it was wrong. Seeing as how my mother had not managed to have any new children in the one week time span, "We" was still not acceptable. With a small case of deja vu, I got on the phone with customer service. This time I was told that they would refund my money and send me another replacement but yet again, it would not get there by Mother's Day. This time, they were right-it didn't. Three days after Mother's Day I finally received my "I heart Mommy" VERTICAL photo frame even though I ordered a horizontal frame, but hey, I'll take what I can get at this point. I'm just glad they got the letters right. Although the items were wrong and the company messed up 3 times, I will say that when I called, they were very nice and pleasant. I think the major discrepancy is in the packaging department. Customer service can only be so nice if they have special people actually packaging the items."

This review was modified by whiteeagle118 on May 15 2013 08:07:57 AM

"I was asked to review these folks on my website and given a gift credit to use at their site. I thought it was strange that my transaction wouldn't go through unless I submitted my credit card info. I've never experienced that with a gift card. Even after speaking with a customer rep I still wasn't able to complete the transaction without disclosing my credit info. As for the extra charge if you view their site under shipping they disclose their policy in regard to the extra fee. What I don't understand is why this isn't made evident at checkout. It appears that info is only available after the transaction is complete. This is not a company I would ever do business with. See full review: http://www.nyaproductreviewer.com/2013/01/are-bloggers-providing-honest-reviews.html"

"Deceptive shipping on web page...
Shows no cost for standard shipping, $4.99 for expedited shipping, and higher costs for next day etc.
In actuality they charge $12.98 for standard shipping - not no cost. And higher costs for expedited shipping.
Contacted them and they did not refund money nor care about their deceptive web page.

"I also was upset with their "handling and care" charge of $4.99 which does not appear until the very end of your order. I had a free shipping code and did not look for other charges, so it was a surprise. After I received my confirmation a few minutes after placing my order, I tried to "cancel", but was informed that "Your gift is currently in transit or ready for shipment, and the carrier is unable to halt shipment at this time". I did realize I wasn't able to cancel my order if placed after December 1st, but was surprised by the additional fee....."

This review was modified by RiaMaria on December 03 2012 06:50:45 AM

"I agree. I also searched for other complaints about this, and happened upon this website. I order 3 personalized cookie tins for the holidays at $14.99 each. $45 for cookie tins is a bit much, but I thought they were cute. What disgusted me wasn't even the $9.99 shipping charge for 3 lightweight tin boxes, but a "care and handling" charge of $4.99! That is ridiculous and a very poor business practice! $15.00 to ship not even a pound of merchandise!

I will never ever do business with this company again. I'm not an idiot and don't like feeling ripped off! That " care and handling" fee is total greed and is definitely costing them business. Absolutely appalling way to conduct business!

"Personal Creations charges an additional $2 per item for personalization. I ordered a personalized frame and a photo mug. Both items are advertised as being personalized, so I didn't expect to be charged anything additional above the price of the good. When I complained to customer service, they couldn't have cared less. I also posted honest reviews of the items so that other customers would know about the extra charges beforehand, and neither review was posted on the website. Buyer beware."

This review was modified by Mprovost on December 03 2012 11:39:43 AM

"I am disgusted with the amount Personal Creations charges for shipping. I ordered a family tree canvas that couldn't have weighed more than 2 pounds. I was charged 11.99 for shipping PLUS 4.99 for handling charges. This was not made clear to me before purchasing. I will NEVER order from them again."

"I placed an order with Personalization Creations after purchasing a Groupon code. I found two things I wanted to use as birthday gifts. I placed my order on the 30th of October. I had an email soon after saying my items would be shipped by Nov. 9th. I called today, on Mov. 14th, to ask where my items were. The customer service rep told me that someone in the company had started my order but never processed it...so it never was created much-less shipped! The most he said he could offer me was "overnight" shipping, which would get here by NEXT week at this time! So frustrating!!!"

This review was modified by LovelyladyWI on November 14 2012 09:07:30 PM

"I read through the previous reviews about Personal Creations and I do agree that their items can be a little pricey (but within reason.) Even with the slightly high prices, I will most definitely shop through their website again.

Two weeks ago (10/31) I ordered two personalized stockings for myself and my boyfriend and was given an expected delivery date of 11/9. On 11/10 I was wondering why my stockings hadn't arrived (worrying that they had been placed in the wrong mailbox as I live in an apartment complex.) When I called customer service, I was greeted promptly and spoke with a very helpful and considerate woman. By the end of the call she had promised that she would find out exactly what was wrong with the order (some shipping error) and would have someone call me back after the weekend. I was pleasantly surprised when I received an email the next week stating that the company (without my asking or getting angry) would be refunding part of my order. Then, a few days later I received an updated ship date (11/16) and a $10 gift card to use on a future purchase. I think it is great customer service for them to do all this without me even asking.

I highly recommend shopping at Personal Creations.

"I know there has been a lot of bad comments, but I feel I should give my experience since it was a good one...Yes there are hidden fees. I was aware of them after I read the terms and conditions. As far as now I believe it's a 2.99 per item personalization fee, plus shipping and handling that is not stated upon checkout. Anyway they accept Paypal if you do not feel confident paying over their website, they send you an immediate receipt via e-mail, and when it leaves their wherehouse they send another e-mail stating it has done so and the arrival expectancy. I don't know about other products, but mine came out on time and it turned out beautiful!! No virus or spam, and no frivolous e-mails. Very happy customer!"

"I ordered a simple, plastic ornament, personalized with my child's name. I was charged $12.99 for the cheap plastic ornament (purchased from China for about 50 cents), shipping was $4.99 (it weighed less than 2 ounces and was shipped snail mail)and there was an additional "care and handling" fee of $3.99 which they snuck into the picture at final checkout. RIPOFF! Go to Amazon.com or Google other merchants and get the same products for 50% cheaper without hidden fees. How do these guys stay in business???"

This review was modified by Suzanneb5 on October 24 2012 01:36:00 PM

Paid the standard shipping and overnight upgrade (which looked like the total shipping charge until checkout) and a $4.99 "care and handling fee" (which was hidden until checkout) to get a personalized stuffed animal to my boyfriend for his birthday while he was away from home. On his birthday, he receives a throw blanket for Roger and Evelyn's 50th anniversary instead. Who are these people?

I call Personal Creations who initially wants to send me a replacement four days later with no refund whatsoever. After arguing, they still refuse to refund the "care and handling" fee--when there was absolutely no care in the handling of my order at all.

I can't believe the ratings here are so consistently poor. Who knows what their operations look like--it has got to be comical (if you're not the sap customer, of course).

"Ordered a frame 09/12/2012 to be personalized for a friends birthday on 09/30/2012. They then come back and say that it won't arrive until 10/17/2012. I call to cancel and they tell me they already have ordered the frame in so its too late. Why if they have the frame coming in, it will take a month to engrave I do not know. They have put a stop on the order but said I may still get charged and that if so it will take 7 days to refund. NOT HAPPY"

"I didn't appreciate that the regular shipping fee wasn't listed, nor did I appreciate the 2.99 fee for personalization that wasn't mentioned anywhere I could easily see. However, my item was delivered on the estimated shipping date, and I even recieved an email from Personal Creations saying it had been delivered. My transaction went over smoothly (though they seemed to have an issue charging me... they took it off my debit then put it back on a couple days later). Also, the item looked GREAT! exactly like the picture and beautifully engraved :)"

Share Personal Creations's store rating

Personal Creations is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Personal Creations is not a merchant member
Personal Creations does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!