OverstockDeals Reviews - page 3 - overstockdeals.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 6.00/10 66 reviews

OverstockDeals is not a merchant member
OverstockDeals does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"I accidentally ordered a different model kitchen sink. (1 number off). I realized my error within minutes of making the order. Despite multiple emails and phone calls in efforts to replace the wrong item with the right item, I was unable to reach anyone until 5 days later. They simply told me, too bad. Once you hit the order button, you have NO recourse or option to cancel or change the order (like amazon.com any other reputable sellers). I now get to also pay a 15% restocking fee. Tough lesson to learn. I should have stayed with amazon.com.

I would not recommend this seller for the sheer fact that reaching a human being is insanely difficult. Their "live chat" option on their web site NEVER works. They do not respond to their emails and voice mails in a timely way.

"I was skeptical about this company but everything was fine with my order, so I thought I'd share my experience to balance out the horror stories here. CLEARLY Overstockdeals has minimal customer service, and depends on others for inventory, so I'm not sure I'd rely on them for anything that was fragile or time-critical, but in my case I was just buying a replacement Kohler toilet seat with no urgency whatsoever. Overstock Deals had the lowest price by far, so I rolled the dice. I placed the order Thursday, it shipped Friday, and arrived Monday. Packaging was solid. No complaints here."

"Dishonest and uses False Advertisement to sell their products.

I ordered an Axor Uno Showe ring. It arrived but was missing the plate required to screw the unit into the wall. The customer service response was that this was a display unit and that the missing plate was not on the picture on the website therefore is not included in the purchase. Total garbage-the item was not identified as a "diplay unit" nor should it be missing any installation parts! All websites have the same exact picture and descriptions as theirs for this item. Just because the "plate" wasn't shown in the picture doesn't mean they can sell an incomplete product. The screws and plastic adapter that were in the box were also not pictured on their website yet were included in the purchase. They seem like a dishonest company and will try to talk their way out of mistakes rather than have integrity and try to correct mistakes. Its obvious that someone at their warehouse took that piece out of the box. My issue is still not resolved but I will never ever buy from them again. Shipping process is poor as their is no QC to assure all parts are in the box.

I rated them one star on the price because I paid a very high price for a unit I CANNOT USE!

bonbonm's Avatar
Boston

"I was hesitant due to the negative reviews but got my items in perfect order in just a few days - very easy and at a price much lower than I could find elsewhere. I got an American Standard sink and a Moen faucet and saved at least $40 on each item. Happy I risked it!"

"We are renovating our bathroom at the last minute for a family reunion this coming Saturday and ordered bathroom faucets (shower and sink), pedestal sink, vanity lights, etc. I placed the order on Sunday, Nov. 20, 2011. Then, I looked at the reviews on this site and panicked. On the following day, I received email notice that a portion of my order was not in stock and I thought "here we go...". I emailed back almost immediately and requested them to ship in-stock items and cancel the others. Approx. 4 hours later, I received an email reply that the in-stock items were ready to ship and that I would be receiving a credit. I later emailed with a request for shipping #'s for tracking and received an email with tracking #'s and the credit transaction ID to track my credit card credit for canceled items. I received the full credit within 3 days. I then began to receive my items on Monday, Nov. 28, 2011 (probably would have received them sooner if not for the Thanksgiving holiday). My pedestal sink top arrived via UPS on Tuesday, Nov. 29, 2011. It was shattered during shipment and we refused it on the spot. Called and got someone on the phone this time (usually get the voicemail), with profuse apologies and assurances that a replacement would be overnighted to meet our renovator's deadline. We recieved the replacement tonight, Thursday Dec. 1, 2011. Order is now complete. I have no complaints whatsoever with the responsiveness and willingness to correct things to keep this customer happy. They bent over backward to make things right. The only thing that I would suggest is a better communication system. Maybe I've just been spoiled by Amazon.com though"

Rating 8/104/5

"I ordered from OverstockDeals.com even after reading the reviews here. You can not beat the prices. I took a risk. Some of the items were not in stock so I had to order somewhere else. Other item came in perfect condition, shipped promptly. I was concerned about credit back to my credit card since I was a bit paranoid after reading all bad reviews, but it came back all right. The communication was via email very prompt. I got replies the same day or the next day. The phone 1-800 number goes to voice mail so I did not bother leaving voice mails but was fine communicating via email. I take one star off for the phone going to voice mail during business hours."

"OverstockDeals.com - Go elsewhere for your purchases. OverstockDeals had high ratings on BizRate and had a good price on the bath vanity and mirror we wanted. (BizRate does not have legitimate ratings...because of their advertising and promotion of stores like OSDeals). The OverstockDeals website had a promotion listing "Free UPS Shipping" when we ordered. The day after I received an email indicating our order was being processed, I received an email from the Customer Service Department informing me that the website promotion was a mistake, and we owed $128.00 additional shipping charge if we wanted to still have the item shipped. This was simply a sophisticated bait and switch. I emailed Overstock Deals with a request to abide by their advertising, and received this response: "Despite the fact that the website says free shipping, the information on the website is incorrect and we are unable to honor it." I called Customer Service to try to get a live person, and simply received a voicemail box asking me to leave my name and phone number. A day has passed, and still no response. I will never deal with this unscrupulous company again."

"I bought $1400 worth of Kohler products from Overstockdeals.com. Everything shipped and arrived in good condition. My troubles began when I returned the items. I followed and was within their guidelines for the return. I called to get an RGA #. I then sent the items back via UPS. They received on Nov 2, 2011 and I have had no communication with them since. I have sent them two emails, no response. If you call their 800# you get a message saying that their mailbox is full?? If you try and click on the Live Chat on their site it says not available - send an email. I have noticed that they have picked up many complaints in the last 3 weeks. I just filed one with the BBB of Denver, CO where they are based. I would stay away from this merchant as I am afraid they may be out of business. They have my money and their products and I have nothing."

"Horrible Tactics, online ordering stated "in stock" so I purchase, AND they charge me, then two days later tell me Not in stock, will be 4-6 weeks JAC&@$$*$"

"These guys are awful. A few days after my order was accepted, they wrote and said that their website made a 'mistake' and I needed to pay an additional $150. After reading this review, I am not surprised, but very disappointed. Will NEVER do business with these cheats again!"

"Excellent transaction. I was hesitant at first after reading the reviews. I ordered 4 Kohler undermount sinks on Monday evening. They were delivered by noon Wednesday. The items arrived very well packed and in perfect condition.

I am very pleased with my order and the price was far better than anything else on the web.

"I agree this company is the WORST!!!! They are just a URL and not a real company. All they do is drop ship from the manufacturer. I cancelled an order last week because it was backordered. I spoke to their imbacile sales rep Tracy and their more incompetant supervisor JULIE and they show no record of the cancellation and want me to now pay for the restocking fee on an item I cancelled! Dont order from this knock-off company go to real deal Overstock.com!!!!"

"Ordered some Moen water filters on 2 Aug using PayPal. PayPal charged my card for the amount on the same day. Later that day OverstockDeals informed me that the items were out of stock and "will ship in approximately 3-4 weeks." Then on 19 Aug received an email saying the item was back ordered until the 31st of Aug.

On 7 Sep I sent an email asking the status of the order and received "Your order is now in stock and will ship today." On 14 Sep I checked my order and it was still processing so I sent another email to customer care. Here was their response "I apologize for the delay in shipping your order. The filter your ordered is currently still out of stock with and estimated shipping date of 9/16/11."

Here is the availability status for the item from the website today "Availability: Item on back order until early October".

I will NOT do business with this company again.

Rating 4/102/5

"The main reason I ordered from OverstockDeals was because they had the showerhead and matching arm in stock and they would ship them out the next day if you used their overnight delivery service special. For $9.99 it was an incentive to have it arrive in time for the contractor to install it.

It arrived six days later because the products were en route to their main warehouse and were shipped when they received them. I also used their Low Price Guarantee and was told that the prices I presented were lower than their wholesale cost and so they couldn't comply with their guarantee.

While my products did arrive packed well and were in new condition, my advice is to make sure you give yourself enough time to order and receive the items. Also, verify that they have the best price for the items you wish to order. Even with their Low Price Guarantee they can say that they won't sell items for less than their costs.

Customer service is definitely lacking and slow to respond. I would try to purchase more than one item or you will experience what other reviewers have said about receiving the item in the original box versus shipped in another container.

Rating 4/102/5

"I ordered a Moen bathroom faucet from this company after researching prices and finding them to have the best deal available online with free UPS shipping. Everything was great until my package shipped to the UPS depot in the next town over from me in CT and then started to move onward to another state! When I tried to contact this outfit, my phone calls only found a recording to leave a voicemail or to use their online "contact" option. After a few days of no response to the emails I sent, I finally got a response after I threatened to dispute the order with my credit card issuer. Their response? They copied and pasted the UPS tracking info and emailed it to me. I already had that info.! I eventually ended up with my faucet 11 days after it was ordered and my original package ended up going to Colorado. Their customer service sucks! You have been warned. "