• Overstock.com /

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.39/10 3.39/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.04/10 4.04/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.21/10 3.21/10

"I ordered my mattress on 9/23/14 it was supposedly shipped the next day after they sent me a tracking number but it never left their warehouse. The day before I was supposed to receive it I called Overstock due to not seeing any updates on the UPS tracking number and their customer service had to investigate why no tracking information and they found out it had never been shipped. So once again they reissued the tracking no. and based on info from UPS it is due to arrive on 10/6/14, one week late. To say the least I will never trust Overstock with an order from me again. They could have at the very least offered to expedite the shipment due to their shipping mistake but all they had to say was they were sorry. They were more worried about their bottom line of profits than making it right for their customer."

"My order was supposed to be delivered by Ceva Logistics. They tell me they have lost the order. Overstock is responsible for the organizations they choose for delivery. Ceva is incompetent. So, I don't get the order from Overstock.

Therefore, by choosing this delivery company, Overstock is incompetent.

I paid for this furniture. I apparently chose poorly ordering from Overstock

This review was modified by theoptimizers on September 30 2014 09:43:05 AM

"I use overstock regularly for household items: furniture, lights etc. If I had Any issue with something they were very responsive. There is no hold time when you reach them and their customer service is #1 in the whole world!
Once I ordered a sofa and and it was defective in the middle was no cushion at all. So call and they offer free return with no worries. Since it was such an over weight item I was not super happy to pack it and reassemble it back. So the offer me few bucks off it. Thats the only item that I bought from them that and I still regret of not returning it. However, they offered.
Other items I was very pleased.
Lights are a bit tricky its a hit or miss. Every time they stand by their reputation.

"I ordered a product from Overstock on September 4th. The delivery date was a maximum of 10 business days. As business day 10 was nearing I was getting nervous because the tracking was not changing from the warehouse. So I called. I was told that I was given the wrong tracking number and an email would be sent to me with the correct tracking number. An email was never sent. So I called again. I was told that the correct tracking number still had not been sent over from the warehouse but that I would receive the product on the 10th business day the latest. The 10th business day rolled around and I went online to check the status of my order. It had the delivery date listed as September 24th; 20 days after placing the initial order and way past 10 business days. Unacceptable. The response I was given was that they didn't know what happened...but that they could give me a $20 credit towards a future purchase. NO THANK YOU! When asked if I could cancel the order they said no, that I would have to go through the return process. Bad first impressions Overstock; I will never shop here again and will be returning the item as soon as I get it! Horrible customer service!"

This review was modified by caitlinm148 on September 19 2014 09:38:07 AM

"Shipping takes too long. Typically +2~3 days takes more than other competitor. Would not recommend if you need merchandise in a week with standard shipping."

"TERRIBLE!!! Stay away!! I wish I could give it ZERO stars. I ordered a rug and still have not been refunded my money. I ordered it on August 25th and cancelled the order within minutes of purchasing it. It is now September 15th and still have not been refunded $225. I have been in contact with several unhelpful customer service people who could care less and are too lazy to actually do anything to help.. so they just keep telling me it should be refunded soon...then nothing happens. SOON? Its been a month now. Sneaky slimy business! Its illegal to be holding money (my money) when I have cancelled my order for a refund. I will never order from Overstock ever again and will tell everyone I know how terrible of a company they really are."

This review was modified by bluegreen73 on September 15 2014 12:34:16 PM

" Brilliant service, item as described, item beautiful !! Was a bit apprehensive after reading reviews but hey, nothing to worry about, placed order, was kept informed by email the progress and order was dispatched in superfast time, packaged well and I will definatly be shopping with this company again, A1 service all round and I would recommend this company to all, item ordered on 5th September and was delivered to me from USA to UK on 10th September, faster than delivery inside UK,
WOW 5 day delivery from over the pond, beat that !!!

This review was modified by britshopper on September 10 2014 04:55:06 PM

"This website is worse and worse the more I shop on it. It seems to rely on its users being too stupid to realize that they advertise in a sneaky way. I was looking at futons and saw one that was advertised at 89.99....so I click on it and I just get about twenty pics of the same futon in many different colors. Turns out the one thing that was 89.99 were a pair of drawer sets that never showed up in pictures, not even while I was at check out. When I chatted with a rep about it, and confirmed that the 90 bucks would get me drawers and not futons, I complained about the false advertising and she told me I had to look harder and quickly closed the chat. Awful. "

"I purchased a product "Kimberly Clark Professional Shop Towels" which was advertised as a case of 30 canisters, of 55 wipes each, for a total of 1650 wipes, which is supposed to come in a box with an easy grip handle for $7.19. For this price I decided heck I'll order 2 cases which I did on 8/19/2014. HOWEVER, what I received was 2 "canisters" of 55 wipes. When I contacted "Customer Service" they told me the website's description of the product was incorrect and they were not able to ship me the 2 cases I purchased but would instead contact me within 2-5 business days regarding a possible solution. To me this is unacceptable. I want what your website says I purchased. I was contacted on 8/25/2014 via email, which stated:

"I am contacting you today in regards of your Kimberly Clark Professional Shop Towels. I was able to get a hold of our warehouse and they advised that the information on our web site was incorrect. They do not have a case of 30. I am truly sorry for the inconvenience that this may have caused. As you are a first time customer, we have refunded you your full amount."

At that time you would think they would have changed the contents of the web page, however today 8/28/2014 the product description still reads:

"These shop towels are packaged in a box with an easy-grip handle. This case includes 30 canisters of 55 wipes each for 1,650 wipes total"

They are still FALSELY ADVERTISING their product!!!!

This review was modified by Waegli on August 28 2014 08:06:53 PM

"If I would be able to give 0, I would. Ordered a brown leather lounge chair (which was more expensive than the black leather lounge chair, for a reason, the brown was much nicer in my opinion) and they had the nerve to send me a black leather one. Then when I call they tell me the brown one is out of stock. Excuse me? I have someone stay home all day (and paid that person) to make sure UPS can deliver, and now I have this mastodont thing in my apartment waiting for UPS to pick it up again (so I'll have take a day of or arrange again for someone to be at my house. UNBELIEVABLE . Customer service was good"

This review was modified by BertVB on August 21 2014 05:54:20 PM

"May be cheap, but its not worth the aggravation. Just an infuriating company to buy from. And they don't seem to care whether you are satisfied or not."

"Ordered a dining table from overstock. They called me to confirm my delivery window two days before delivery. On the day of delivery the delivery never showed up. I did not receive a phone call or message telling me they wouldn't make the delivery window. I had to call them to reschedule. Finally when when delivery arrived one of the parts was the WRONG part. I had to call overstock and order a new piece. The customer service was very nice and helpful but didn't really offer me anything to make a happy customer. On top of that, they said it would take 3-5 business days just for them to even ship out the part. Never shopping from Overstock again."

This review was modified by jifei on July 24 2014 07:35:23 PM

"I purchased perfume there a while ago and didn't open because I got another one as a gift. The other one was purchased in store and that is the one I used first. I gave this one away as a gift just recently and when she opened it it smelled DISGUSTING like a rotten and strong alcoholic smell. I was so embarrassed. The one that I have I am still currently using and it smells exactly like it does in stores. They were bought in the same time frame maybe a month and a half apart. My guess is that this site sold me a really OLD or expired perfume. Overstock only has a 30 day return policy so the perfume might smell good for the first 30 days but then expire WAY faster than a store bought one which is what I believe happened to me. What's worse is that customer service has 0 compassion. All they did was tell me im out of the 30 days and that I should join their O Club!! INSULT TO INJURY! Even if the store bought ones are a bit more expensive it will save you money in the long run!! Off to buy a replacement gift now... "

This review was modified by ko29 on July 24 2014 12:14:18 PM

"Ordered US Warranty Canon lens, double-checked with support that it is US retail lens. Received gray market lens with no product code on the box and no warranty card. Support cannot answer my question in 3 business days."

This review was modified by Andrey-G on July 18 2014 03:54:52 PM

"I purchased a rolex watch for my husband on overstock.com. It was damaged upon opening as our first anniversary gift. I requested an exchange for the watch and denied by customer service stating there is none replaceable, however there were at least 3 or 4 more watches on their site of the same exact. I questioned customer service of their dishonesty and denied any response having been found in their own lie . Expensive items are not the way to go with overstock and they are less then convenient with returning such items. "

This review was modified by rtjoyce on July 08 2014 11:10:36 AM

Share Overstock.com / O.co's store rating

Overstock.com / O.co is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Overstock.com / O.co is not a merchant member
Overstock.com / O.co does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!