Overstock.com Coupons

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.70/10 1.70/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.82/10 1.82/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.38/10 2.38/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.12/10 2.12/10

"I got an alarmingly good price on a solid wood dining room set, and Overstock.com bent over backwards to help with some minor damage on two legs.

I ordered the "TRIBECCA HOME Silves Warm Cherry Transitional 9-piece Dining Set" and 2 extra chairs. My local "Ashley Furniture", etc. had mostly cheap particle board junk, and still wanted thousands for 8-10 seat dining. Overstock had solid wood sets cheaper than the local stuff.

Despite weighing almost 500lbs (!), shipping was free. They used HomeDirect USA, which bothered to call several times to confirm my shipping date and brought it up the stairs and put it in the livingroom. Delivery took a little under 2 weeks.

As promised, the furniture was made of solid parawood (similar to teak) and looks like it did online -- better, actually. Some of the grey trim I saw turned out to be stainless steel rather than plastic. Nice!
Two table legs were damaged -- one had a dent and another was missing that little plastic nub that sits on the floor.

We emailed OverStock they offered to send two replacements for free. The support rep. was having trouble contacting the warehouse, but sent an update email every day for 4 days as she worked with the warehouse. The emails weren't those generic "We are sorry for the inconvenience" emails -- each one was different. Here's one of their emails:

"Hello Charles,

Good morning!

I hope you are having a great day! I just wanted to send you a quick e-mail that we are still working on this Parts Request for the TRIBECCA HOME Silves Warm Cherry Transitional 9-piece Dining Set for you. We will continue to follow up with you daily. I am looking forward in getting this resolved for you.

**Please note that our warehouse is closed over the weekend so if we cannot get this filled for you today, we will continue to work on this again next week.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Sincerely,

Lisa S.
Customer Care
Overstock.com"

The only negative thing I can think of is that the furniture was packed with tons of staples, which were annoying to remove.

Overall I am really surprised that Overstock has a low score here. I guess it's true that people usually only post bad experiences, at least when the retailer doesn't ask for a review after each order.
I'd give them a shot though. I've ordered once or twice from them before and was always really happy with their service.

"I ordered perfume for my wife for Christmas and it turns out it was one that she did not like. Contacted overstock to ask about getting a refund or exchange and was told that because it was a personal item, they cannot issue a refund or exchange. I responded to them asking why a perfume was considered a personal item but did not receive an answer to that question and was told bluntly that as far as they were concerned the issue had been resolved and that they would not issue a refund or accept the perfume in exchange for credit. I will never buy from them again and strongly recommend anyone wanting to buy perfume from them to not do so. "

modified review This review was modified by renangll on January 02 2014 11:18:33 PM

"I ordered earrings as a gift for someone. Its around Christmas time so I expected the shipping to take awhile (almost a month), not a problem, however there IS a problem with not receiving the correct item.

I could have gone through the hassle of doing a return but having already waited a month, and being that the gift was for a birthday coming up in the next couple days by the time I got it, it would have never made it. So I gave the earrings to the birthday girl. Now what?

When I contacted customer service, they where unwilling to give any sort of concession, return only, despite their screw up.
I will never order from overstock again, this is the attention they pay to their ordering process. Slow and unreliable, with horrible customer service, do yourself a favour, don't shop with overstock.

modified review This review was modified by ves83 on December 25 2013 11:56:40 AM

"Wow, I came to this site after I had already clicked "submit order" on Overstock. I read through the first few reviews and thought, OH NO.... but I just received my order, and I have to say, I had a completely easy, great, fast experience! The placed the order on Wed, received it on Fri (not bad since they estimated 5-10 business days AND free shipping AND 12% discount). And after reading people's reviews of the merchandise being damaged, I carefully inspected all of my stools (bought 2 sets of pairs of stools, so 4 total) and they were all in perfect and new condition. I know it must be awful when your order doesn't go right, and I feel for all of you who are frustrated and annoyed with their customer service, but I think there are many of us who don't bother to write because everything went smoothly from order to delivery."

modified review This review was modified by cklosangles on December 20 2013 06:03:02 PM

"Purely unethical. They filter negative reviews!

I purchased a $5,100 couch from Overstock based largely on the glowing reviews. I assumed a couch at this price must be a good quality since there wasn't a single negative review. Since we as consumers are buying these products site-unseen the reviews are a major factor in whether someone does/doesn't buy. You must trust the company you are buying from to be open, honest and ethical in allowing reviews, even negative ones, to be posted. Overstock clearly is none of those things. I have attempted on 5 occasions to leave a review an honest, unemotional, review, each one was rejected. It is far worse to only allow positive reviews than it is to have no reviews at all. That is a COMPLETE misrepresentation of the products you are selling. My review spoke in detail about the quality of the product, from a very informed perspective and was rejected not once but five times. They cited the fact I mentioned the shipping, which was out of their control, but every single positive review on their site currently for the product also mentions shipping but they let those get posted as they are 5 stars. I feel robbed and cheated in this whole process. This is purely unethical and I will go to great lengths to insure all potential Overstock consumers are informed about this practice of filtering out negative reviews. Buyer beware.

Additionally I called to try and cancel the order before receiving the shipment since the date of the shipment kept slipping out. The Overstock representative on the other end of the line convinced me to accept the delivery by telling me, repeatedly, that if I took delivery a manager would call me back and compensate me with a credit I could use on future purchases. They did not. I took delivery based on that promise, which they broke, and I ordered based on reviews that they have manipulated to misrepresent the product.

modified review This review was modified by Stevehaustin on October 25 2013 09:14:34 AM

"Absolutely terrible ordering experience. Ordered 2 stainless steel rings. One of the rings sent was a completely different ring and looked nothing like it. I contacted customer service. They were indifferent to it and basically told me to send it back. I am not going through the hassle to send it back for a measely $14. NEVER AGAIN WILL I ORDER FROM OVERSTOCK.COM. NEVER!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by michael998 on October 25 2013 05:28:18 AM

"I ordered this product over a week ago with the expectation that it would be delivered within the coming days. However, after receiving an email from Overstock informing me that this product has shipped, UPS has only received billing information from the site. I have checked the tracking status of my package and it has said "expected to ship in 7 business days" for the past 5 days. When I tried to contact Overstock customer care 3 days ago I received an email saying a representative would be in touch within 24 hours,I have yet to be contacted. Very poor service will not order from Overstock again. A friend of mine ordered the same product from Amazon the same day that I did and received it within 3 days. "

modified review This review was modified by vtf124 on October 21 2013 04:44:08 PM

"Ordered an item on their site and before actually placing the order I spoke with online chat to verify the price was correct and it was in stock. They verified everything was g2g so I placed my order. About 4 days later they canceled my order. Without an explanation I called in and they sated it was a pricing error. They couldn't even put an explanation in the email, I had to call in to find out. The CS rep was fumbling with words and trying not to make it obvious she was lying. This item was the same price numerous times. This was the last straw with OS and will never waste my time with them again."

modified review This review was modified by tigertail on October 08 2013 05:06:29 PM

"Contacted OS customer service several times, but I could not get a decent reply to my question. I received replies, but they were truly off the wall and in no way related to my question. I am unsure in what country the OS representatives are located, but none seemed to comprehend English. After about eight attempts, I finally gave up and resorted to shopping elsewhere. It seemed like the representatives were simply selected some stock replies to send to me, and none of them made sense. "

modified review This review was modified by Snoozy on October 05 2013 04:23:49 PM

"I am extremely satisfied with the service I received today through the online chat with Cody and Kevin. Not only did they respond to me in less than 10 seconds, they helped me with a payment inquiry. They where very polite and courteous. I am a struggling student who has been through a living hell in the last few weeks and them taking the time to be so understanding and helpful was truly a blessing. Management if you are reading this, they deserve a bonus because they have earned you a lifetime customer. Goos customer service is hard to find now days and I am a senior finishing my management and marketing degree (Bachelors). The reference number to my conversation is 130925-008448. Additionally, Cody said he would personally follow up with me by email to make sure I got everything that I was told I would get. These employees are outstanding. Good work on employee selection. I am truly grateful. "

modified review This review was modified by NatashinkaK on September 25 2013 07:35:29 PM

"I ordered, paid $599 for and received a laptop computer from OO. Trouble is it would not charge up with power.

I phoned and asked for a refund. Initially I was told that this was not their concern, I would have to take it up with the manufacturer (of course it was manufactured overseas).

I told them this was incorrect in law, that they had supplied me with faulty goods and they had an obligation in law to offer me a refund or replacement (my choice). Eventually after about 20 minutes of hassles they agreed to this, subject to my getting the goods returned to them in 30 days.

I asked for details of return address etc. : they said they would send me this by email.

The email came ... no return address, just that someone would be contacting me to arrange for collection. So far, nothing.

Why do I get the impression that they are making this as difficult as possible for me?

modified review This review was modified by glazfolk on September 19 2013 04:27:26 PM

"Credit card was charged and order have not been processed.

Here is the transcript from support chat:

Matt: Hi, my name is Matt. How may I help you?
Visitor: My email is ***
Visitor: I have just placed an order, your site shows payment error, therefore money was charged from my card.
Matt: I'll be glad to help you with the concern.
Matt: May I know whether you have received any email confirmation or the order number?
Visitor: No I did't received it.
Visitor: Here is HOLD status from by Internet bank - ***
Matt: In that case, be assured that your order hasn't gone through and the the charge which you have seen is an pre-authorization charge which will automatically fall off within 3 -5 business days.
Visitor: I don't want to wait 3-5 business day. I just want to process the order.
Visitor: If it is not possible please return my money and I will go to another site.
Matt: Not to worry, you will be charged only when your order gets processed and shipped out.
Visitor: What should I do now? My money is in HOLD. Order did not processed.
Matt: In your case, the order hasn't gone through which means you haven't been charged yet, so the charge which you have seen is an pre-authorization charge which will automatically fall off within 3 -5 business days.
Matt: I'm sorry, I haven't heard from you. I'll remain available for another minute if you need further assistance.
Visitor: I cannot use money that you have charged as it is in HOLD status. Failed attempt to pay in your shop has led to the fact that I cannot buy the item I wish in other place because I have no more money on my card right now. Is it normal case in your opinion?
Matt: We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause to you.
Visitor: I do not need you apologize. I need a solution. I see only two of them - process the order or return money right now.
Matt: We don't hold the money for the orders that haven't gone through, thus I recommend you to check with your bank for the posting timeframe.
Visitor: My credit card balance right now is lesser than before order on the order amount.
Visitor: Is I sad before I see following line in account operations list:
Visitor: ***
Visitor: So 3981.63RUR has removed from my card to HOLD.
Matt: I understand your concern, since we don't have another option I would recommend you to contact your bank for the further help.
Matt: I apologize that I was not able to resolve that issue for you. Are there any other concerns I can address for you?
Matt:
Thank you for contacting Overstock.com. Need a gift? We can help! Our gift cards are a present they're sure to love! Click here for more details.

So it is for you to decide - use this shop or keep your CC funds in safe.

modified review This review was modified by Oleg.P on September 12 2013 08:16:32 AM

"I ordered a diamond ring for an anniversary surprise for my husband. The web site said it was in stock & would ship within 2 days. Someone contacted me the day after to confirm my order because it was over a certain amount. They said everything was a go & the order would be processed immediately. Five days later I get an email the item has shipped. I contact them & they offer no explanation whatsoever just an apology. Then the FedEx tracking info isn't available until the following day which stated the order would arrive the next day. When the next day came the arrival date had been changed to 5 days in the future. Now the item is arriving not within 10 days as promised but after 13 days which has ruined my anniversary surprise. They won't explain to me what & why this happened, just keep saying this is unusual for Overstock.com Come to find out on this site, it's not unusual at all & their shipping is a serious problem. I won't order anything from them again."

modified review This review was modified by LittleSheep on August 30 2013 12:42:01 PM

"Fast Delivery but the product quality is not as described. The bedsheet I got was only 300 thread instead of 400 thread. Overall, the shopping experience is good."

"Ordered a mattress. The status shows: shipped. Nothing arrived after 10 days. When I call in to check, they said the item was out of order and there is nothing they can do.

AVOID this site at all cost!!!

modified review This review was modified by jl0329 on August 06 2013 03:25:50 PM

Overstock.com / O.co is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Overstock.com / O.co is not a merchant member
Overstock.com / O.co does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!