Overstock.com / O.co Reviews - page 3 - overstock.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 3.33/10 643 reviews

Overstock.com / O.co is not a merchant member
Overstock.com / O.co does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"Customer service is terrible and useless.

I ordered 2000 dollars worth of furniture from overstock. I read their shipping policy about taking 4 to 6 weeks for over sized items. I waited patiently, at week 3 I decided to use their tracking information to see where the heck my items were. All the tracking info was useless. I contacted customer service. They responded promptly... telling me it would take two days to reply... two days later I got a tracking number for 1 of the items I ordered... which I found out had been sitting in storage for 2 weeks because of incorrect contact information (the delivery people had been trying to contact me... but had an incorrect phone number)... That piece is finally being delivered. It's been over a week now and they still can't find the second piece, can't provide tracking information, and don't know where it is??? I was told they'd contact me back every time I've contacted them, however every single day I have to call them to try and track down their mistake. I think I've spent more than 6 hours on the phone and writing emails trying to get these idiots to figure this out...

I will never use www.overstock.com again.

aurora colorado

"Have ordered alot of things from overstock(mostly craft) they always pack and ship quickly and with free shipping it's a great site!"

"My one experience with Overstock.com was 100% positive. Purchased a digital camera at a very competitive price. Item in stock as advertised. No attempt on the part of the seller to "upsell". Recieved in perfect condition and ahead of the promised date. This was everything an internet purchase should be."

"I placed and order and within munites tried to cancel one of the items on the purchase. They told me it was too late and that I could send it back for full refund. Thsi is ripoff place and will not purchase from them anymore. They also email me everyday with junk email and even if you ask to unsubscribe they keep sending junk mail."

modified review This review was modified by cuban221 on February 15 2013 08:18:15 AM

"This site does not deserve all the negative feedback. I agree with other posters that it must be competitors posting fake reviews.
To start. the website has a chat that works on my phone. That is not a scam business at all. Super sweet.
Respectable shipping times. multipal shipping locations.
Ring i ordered is exact like the one from kay jewelers for $270 cheaper. Kay 295.00 + tax. overstock 50.00
also they have one of the best return policys.

"I recently purchased on Overstock and was really very satisfied. I ordered a pair of Lacoste Sunglasses which arrived within the 4 to 8 business day time-frame I had selected and they arrived in perfect condition.

The customer service was also very helpful, the live chat is a great to have on this website. I had contacted them right after placing my order (around 9 pm) because I needed them by a certain date. My order was previously placed with e-bay and USPS lost my parcel.

I will admit that the price was higher than on e-bay or amazon, but I gave Overstock a chance because I really wanted this item. Also, the cost of shipping was pretty expensive in the end with the customs fees and all. Overall, I am very satisfied given the circumstances.

"Overstock.com is so bad. All of their items are over-priced. Their customer service sucks big time. Without reason, they cancelled my order and kept my money. Even BBB can't get my money back."

"People complaining that they can't cancel an order after it's been placed are not thinking. My order was placed, and of course if couldn't be cancelled. They shipped it right away, and I got it in a few days. Everything was great! Pricing was great and I was ver happy with my experiance. "

Rating 8/104/5

"It kind of seems like maybe Amazon employees come here and leave reviews. I've never had such issues with overstock. Also I know, and am sure you know a ton of people who shop at overstock and never had such problems. I just purchased something from overstock, and after reading these reviews was tempted to go take a look at my order status. It had shipped, and fast. I'm waiting on it now, but not for overstock, for UPS. "

Rating 8/104/5

"Well I would never order from them again probably.
But im not going to lie either.
There service has been great. I quickly ordered a camera without thinking from overstock.com without review other sites & prizes. For some reason I just thought this place would be the cheapest. Well amazon had it for 40 dollars cheaper. So I called & tried to cancel the order. The lady told me kindly it was way to late to cancel but she will gladly credit my credit card back 40 dollars to match amazons price. So that made me pretty happy. But i kept reading all these horrible reviews everywhere which drove me nuts & worried so much. So I just kept harrassing them asking them if they shipped my product. I ordered my camera on 1/1/2013 at like 2am. I recieved my camera on 1/3/2013 lool
So idk if harrassing them had anything to do with it? or they just had a good supply of them. but coming in 2 days rather then 10? hell yea. but still will never deal with them again lol.

"I did some last minute Christmas shopping and ordered a bed from overstock. As promised the bed arrived on time. I thought ordering was easy and the prices were fair."

"I bought a set of microfleece sheets for a gift at Christmas. I shopped long and hard to find the right color for my friend who is very particular. The item I ordered was listed as in stock, but what I discovered is that Overstock shipped a completely different brand and different color! After spending 30 minutes on chat I was informed that they couldn't find the order. Talk about adding insult to injury. My last purchase to a company that will ship anything to make a sale."

"STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS SITE. I put in an order during Black Friday this year and thought all was well. Then I saw other sales on the same item but didn't purchase them because of my order Overstock. Hadn't heard one thing about my order and so I contacted them 2 weeks later about it. (2 WEEKS without a confirmation or update on the order). The person on the other end could not give me a straight answer as to what the status was and even attempted to lie to me about it "shipping soon" and it being "delivered before christmas". They couldn't even tell me if they even had it in stock at their warehouse. Then 3 days later, I receive an email stating "the trailer carrying your [PRODUCT ORDERED] was stolen" blah blah.

Anyway, I'm out an imnportant Christmas present for somebody, missed the other Black Friday sales on the same item, and now have to fight the last minute shoppers rush because of this.

"The rugs purchased were not only a fabulous price but fit every bit of the description. The only negative is the extreme thickness of the rug should have been marketed. So thick & plush the rugs had trouble clearing my door!"

"TERRIBLE!! Stay away! I ordered a holiday gift, received an order confirmation, and over a week later I called to find out why my order was still in processing on their site. "oh, this is an item shipped from another retailer" (wish the site would have warned me when i ordered) "we don't really know when it's going to arrive". Seriously?!?!?

Never had this problem with {other more popular sites}, I know exactly what to expect and they communicate far better.

Will never order from overstock again!

modified review This review was modified by onebassplayer on December 20 2012 02:49:57 PM