Stores > Overstock.com / O.co
  • Overstock.com /

Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10
Voice your opinion! Review Overstock.com / O.co by clicking a star below.
2015-12-23

"Awful. First I was lied to about the delivery of my couch. I was told it would be put together. It was dumped in my family room in 3 huge boxes. I had to hire someone to put it together because I am recovering from a neck injury. Upon opening the first box--wrong color-- 10 pieces for one section of couch--looks like an uncomfortable piece of crap. I notify them of the mistake and lack of satisfaction. No follow-up. I chat...no follow-up. I email...no follow-up. I am sorry, it should not take more than a week to resolve this problem!!

I will likely donate the the couch to a charitable organization, as it seems you never get a full refund anyway. What an incredible ripoff, and horrible business. They should close their doors and stop robbing consumers

2015-12-17

"I purchased a Logitech keyboard for Ipad Air and the first one arrived without factory sealed plastic wrap. Item was suspect so I returned it and Overstock promptly sent a replacement and return label for the first one. The second one was also missing its factory seal plastic wrap and it was, in fact, cracked at the hinge. Both had visible damage to the boxes. I asked Overstock if they were selling returned items and they could not, or would not, confirm that their inventory were returned items from their supply source. It wasn't worth the $20 of savings to hassle with an on-line retailer that is not being straight with their customers. The customer service reps were great and took care of my returns but they do not set company policy or control warehouse practices. I am hesitant to ever order from them again and suggest caution to any buyer, especially when it comes to electronics.

Request any electronics that you order to be in factory sealed packaging and make the request through a customer service rep. They can specify details for the warehouse. After my experience, I won't take the time to deal with them again.

2015-12-14

"terrible speed, HOUZZ is 10 time faster, I cannot believe how they stay in business with delivery times like this in 2015"

2015-12-14

"I had a terrible experience. I received a $100 gift card for Overstock.com and thought I would use it for my Christmas shopping. As I was checking out, it gave me no payment options- at all. They sent the products and said they would send an email in instructions on how to pay. Once I received the email I tried to pay using my gift card (again), and I was still unable to complete my transaction. I called the company to give them my gift card info and they WOULDN'T TAKE IT! They said since I checked out as a guest they wouldn't accept my gift card!!! I was so upset- but I have to pay for it somehow- so I offered my credit card information, and they said they would not take it over the phone! I would have to go back to the website to pay! I am absolutely appalled. I feel tricked. Instead of being able to enjoy a gift card I'm stuck with a bill. I'll be calling the Better Business Bereau today."

sampniad's Avatar

los angeles
2015-12-12

"I am very satisfied with my purchase, it's just as beautiful
Delivery was fast and easy

2015-12-02

"i would like to add regarding overstock that it is merely a retail site which fluctuates its price like anything, i was purchasing a rug item number 14858297....the day i was purchasing it was there for $354 and i was about to check out and suddenly something came up and i could not do it, and when i went back to my account on overstock the item was there in my cart but the price went to $761 and when i contacted their online chat i was old somebody will contact me and nobody has done till today..

i have a proof to my purchase which still show my price of $354 which i luckly had coz i did snap shot and send to my husband....

Please beware about their pricing which changes everyday and every second

2015-11-17

"BEWARE OF OVERSTOCK.COM RETURN POLICIES. If you order more than one item they charge to a shipping fee to return EACH ITEM. "

2015-11-02

"I ordered a modern overhead light fixture for the kitchen in my new apartment and the entire process through overstock.com went really smoothly.

They had instructions on the site that said a professional should install the fixture, so I arranged for an electrician to come. He get it up and working in baout 5 minutes. So easy. The light is absolutely beautiful.

The only thing I don't absolutely love about it, is it doesn't sit flush with the ceiling. There is an exposed look that I didn't notice in the photos online. Going back after it was installed however, I see that the site pictures did show that. I just didn't notice.

Anyway, I am very satisfied with the product and the shipping speed. The item was very affordable and looks like it cost much more than the $78 I paid for it.

2015-10-30

"I ordered a Oak Breakfast Nook from Overstock. The freight company they contracted to deliver my order "Reddaway" missed my first appointment. I received no phone call from Reddaway or Overstock. I waited 4 hours for nothing. When I called both parties all I got was lame excuses. I had t wait 3 more hours the next day for my order to arrive. Reddaway LOST 1 of my 4 packages and in two of the three boxes I received was DAMAGE to my items.

I contacted Overstock and they told me it would be 5 to 7 business day before they could get replacement pieces on a freight truck coming my way. REALLY! Then it would be another 5 to 7 business days for the replacement parts to deliver. WOW!

My purchase was only $1,129.36 dollars, but you would expect better service than that!

Anyway, I told Overstock forget it, I will box everything up in the original packaging and send it back to them. That was Saturday, October 24th. Today is Friday, October 30th and I still have the boxes. I have since started a chargeback with my credit card company because of the lame excuses I have been getting from Overstock.

DON"T BUY ANYTHING FROM OVERSTOCK! VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!

2015-10-24

"I ordered a large, heavy file cabinet from Overstock. The cabinet I received was smashed. It took a good bit of work to get them to try to get them to pick it up which never happened. They had me wait at my house for 1/2 day for a phantom company that never came to pick up the cabinet. Then they (manager Kandi, I also talked to manager Chase) suggested that I invite some friends over to carry it down my stairs or that I get a dolly and drag the very heavy cabinet down my stairs myself. I explained that I'm a senior and the cabinet was very heavy but they didn't care. I called at least 8 times and they made excuses, dragged their feet and worse, told me they were "helping" me by describing ways I could develop a hernia and handle their problem for them. After 6 weeks, I was finally able to take care of their problem myself. Horrible customer service. I've read similar situations online. Avoid Overstock. "

2015-10-12

"I have ordered multiple things from Overstock.com to include comforter sets, home decor items and two fireplaces. I have been very happy with all of the items I ordered. For one of the fireplaces I ordered, the mantel arrived with a little dent/crack. I called customer service and requested a replacement piece. The representative was pleasant and helpful. That same day, I sent an email and included a picture of the damage. Within a week, Overstock mailed me a replacement mantel piece for the fireplace. There was no hassle at all. I do use the customer reviews of products before ordering. I am sure that has saved me from purchasing items that I may have been unsatisfied with. In summary, my experience with Overstock.com has been great! I would and have recommended family and friends to order from the site. "

2015-10-05

"I ordered a king quilt on Overstock and they sent a queen/full. I called them and they were rude and disconnected. They never ackowledged their mistake. However, they did send another queen/full quilt that was again not what I had originally ordered. I had to take action with PayPal, which I have found out, takes the vendors side basically because that is who uses their service and not the customer that also uses their services. Then O had the gall to say they were sending me another quilt that I never ordered. I told them to stop the shipment immediately. They have harrassed me for the 1quilts that I sent back & one that I can't send because I have no printer to print the label to send the other one back. The 2nd one that was send was devoid of all identification--no size, no brand, etc. I have wasted hours of my time with O and paypal. They raised the prices of the quilts on my also. They are thieves and the most unscrupulous online company I have ever dealt with. They take no accountability for their actions and put it all on the consumer. Never, ever, shop with Overstock. They are crooks!!!! By the way, I do a great deal of online shopping but never again with Overstock. "

2015-08-14

"I sure wish I had checked the reviews on this site before I risked placing an order with overstock! Like so many others, I received something other than what I ordered.

I ordered a set of sheets 7/22/2015. They arrived 7/28/2015 - in the wrong color.
I contacted overstock and they issued a return shipping label. I shipped the unopened package of sheets back 7/30/2015, and overstock received them 8/3/2015.
As of 8/14/2015 - eleven days after they received the return shipment - still no refund issued!
I'm filing a dispute with my credit card company. That'll by my LAST order with overstock.

2015-08-12

"Edit: Customer service worked on this for two days and found a replacement dining room set we were happy with and gave a substantial discount to honor my original purchase.

==========
I ordered a dining room table/chair set. My credit card was immediately charged (not pending or preauthorized, but posted) Three days later, when checking on the status of my order, I noticed it had been changed to a pair of chairs only. So I called in.

Many reps and supervisors later I get the bottom line that they made an error loading information on the web page and they would not honor the sale. The new price was nearly 3x as much. I could accept a refund, a 30% discount on the new price or apply my purchase funds to another product. That is not satisfactory. They should deliver the product we agreed upon.

2015-08-06

"WORST ONLINE COMPANY OUT THERE.

I ordered a couch. They delivered the wrong one. They promise to send me a new one within three days so I can plan for a carrier to pick up the old one. The next day after all is plan they call me to tell me it's not going to be possible.

Bottom line, I stayed for two weeks without a couch and customer service didn't seem to care and didn't even keep me in the loop.

NEVER shop at overstock

Share Overstock.com / O.co's store rating

Overstock.com / O.co is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Overstock.com / O.co is not a merchant member
Overstock.com / O.co does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!