Overstock.com Coupons

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.35/10 2.35/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.94/10 2.94/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.66/10 2.66/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.22/10 2.22/10

"Contacted OS customer service several times, but I could not get a decent reply to my question. I received replies, but they were truly off the wall and in no way related to my question. I am unsure in what country the OS representatives are located, but none seemed to comprehend English. After about eight attempts, I finally gave up and resorted to shopping elsewhere. It seemed like the representatives were simply selected some stock replies to send to me, and none of them made sense. "

modified review This review was modified by Snoozy on October 05 2013 04:23:49 PM

"I am extremely satisfied with the service I received today through the online chat with Cody and Kevin. Not only did they respond to me in less than 10 seconds, they helped me with a payment inquiry. They where very polite and courteous. I am a struggling student who has been through a living hell in the last few weeks and them taking the time to be so understanding and helpful was truly a blessing. Management if you are reading this, they deserve a bonus because they have earned you a lifetime customer. Goos customer service is hard to find now days and I am a senior finishing my management and marketing degree (Bachelors). The reference number to my conversation is 130925-008448. Additionally, Cody said he would personally follow up with me by email to make sure I got everything that I was told I would get. These employees are outstanding. Good work on employee selection. I am truly grateful. "

modified review This review was modified by NatashinkaK on September 25 2013 07:35:29 PM

"I ordered, paid $599 for and received a laptop computer from OO. Trouble is it would not charge up with power.

I phoned and asked for a refund. Initially I was told that this was not their concern, I would have to take it up with the manufacturer (of course it was manufactured overseas).

I told them this was incorrect in law, that they had supplied me with faulty goods and they had an obligation in law to offer me a refund or replacement (my choice). Eventually after about 20 minutes of hassles they agreed to this, subject to my getting the goods returned to them in 30 days.

I asked for details of return address etc. : they said they would send me this by email.

The email came ... no return address, just that someone would be contacting me to arrange for collection. So far, nothing.

Why do I get the impression that they are making this as difficult as possible for me?

modified review This review was modified by glazfolk on September 19 2013 04:27:26 PM

"Credit card was charged and order have not been processed.

Here is the transcript from support chat:

Matt: Hi, my name is Matt. How may I help you?
Visitor: My email is ***
Visitor: I have just placed an order, your site shows payment error, therefore money was charged from my card.
Matt: I'll be glad to help you with the concern.
Matt: May I know whether you have received any email confirmation or the order number?
Visitor: No I did't received it.
Visitor: Here is HOLD status from by Internet bank - ***
Matt: In that case, be assured that your order hasn't gone through and the the charge which you have seen is an pre-authorization charge which will automatically fall off within 3 -5 business days.
Visitor: I don't want to wait 3-5 business day. I just want to process the order.
Visitor: If it is not possible please return my money and I will go to another site.
Matt: Not to worry, you will be charged only when your order gets processed and shipped out.
Visitor: What should I do now? My money is in HOLD. Order did not processed.
Matt: In your case, the order hasn't gone through which means you haven't been charged yet, so the charge which you have seen is an pre-authorization charge which will automatically fall off within 3 -5 business days.
Matt: I'm sorry, I haven't heard from you. I'll remain available for another minute if you need further assistance.
Visitor: I cannot use money that you have charged as it is in HOLD status. Failed attempt to pay in your shop has led to the fact that I cannot buy the item I wish in other place because I have no more money on my card right now. Is it normal case in your opinion?
Matt: We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause to you.
Visitor: I do not need you apologize. I need a solution. I see only two of them - process the order or return money right now.
Matt: We don't hold the money for the orders that haven't gone through, thus I recommend you to check with your bank for the posting timeframe.
Visitor: My credit card balance right now is lesser than before order on the order amount.
Visitor: Is I sad before I see following line in account operations list:
Visitor: ***
Visitor: So 3981.63RUR has removed from my card to HOLD.
Matt: I understand your concern, since we don't have another option I would recommend you to contact your bank for the further help.
Matt: I apologize that I was not able to resolve that issue for you. Are there any other concerns I can address for you?
Matt:
Thank you for contacting Overstock.com. Need a gift? We can help! Our gift cards are a present they're sure to love! Click here for more details.

So it is for you to decide - use this shop or keep your CC funds in safe.

modified review This review was modified by Oleg.P on September 12 2013 08:16:32 AM

"I ordered a diamond ring for an anniversary surprise for my husband. The web site said it was in stock & would ship within 2 days. Someone contacted me the day after to confirm my order because it was over a certain amount. They said everything was a go & the order would be processed immediately. Five days later I get an email the item has shipped. I contact them & they offer no explanation whatsoever just an apology. Then the FedEx tracking info isn't available until the following day which stated the order would arrive the next day. When the next day came the arrival date had been changed to 5 days in the future. Now the item is arriving not within 10 days as promised but after 13 days which has ruined my anniversary surprise. They won't explain to me what & why this happened, just keep saying this is unusual for Overstock.com Come to find out on this site, it's not unusual at all & their shipping is a serious problem. I won't order anything from them again."

modified review This review was modified by LittleSheep on August 30 2013 12:42:01 PM

"Fast Delivery but the product quality is not as described. The bedsheet I got was only 300 thread instead of 400 thread. Overall, the shopping experience is good."

"Ordered a mattress. The status shows: shipped. Nothing arrived after 10 days. When I call in to check, they said the item was out of order and there is nothing they can do.

AVOID this site at all cost!!!

modified review This review was modified by jl0329 on August 06 2013 03:25:50 PM

"I had purchased this tablet about last july, my very first wacom tablet and my last, its a great tablet no doubt, comes with exceptional (but old) art software and easy installing, "big" drawing space, but thats about it . Now why this is my last wacom tablet, wacom's BIG price games, now at the time i bought this, it was the cheapest i could find on this tablet, thats after doing my tablet research, why buy the CTH670 when the CTH470 is over 50 dollars less ! mistake on my part . Now after a while (a little over warranty time) i decided to return this tablet, cause i was a little annoyed and sadden at how much i over-payed for this thing, after a back and fourth e-mails, with one phone call, they ofter sellers remorse, which i thought was nice, until finding out how much i was going to receive back, LESS THEN 30% !. Overstocks return/refund policy is downright awful and out-dated, which influenced me in any interest i ever had for them, to never purchase from them ever again ! And i don't recommend anyone else either. As for this website featuring the biggest discounts, is horrible address, i mean its not like overstock sold this tablet for how you say 130$ or 100$,which is how much this tablet should actually cost, considering this tablets not anything special or new. Thats my take, theres better sites than overstock and better, cheaper tablets than the all praised "wacom" ."

modified review This review was modified by CuteArtiest93 on August 05 2013 06:50:23 AM

"Great merchandise selection. Pretty good price. i think this website is good as long as you're patient to browse around"

"I will probably not order from this site again. They do not let you cancel orders and their low price guarantee is a sham. If you find a lower price elsewhere, they tell you they can't match it because it's on sale at the other site. How ridiculous is that? Will not be shopping here again."

modified review This review was modified by rainbow786 on July 15 2013 06:58:15 AM

No. CA

"Not sure why people are not writing good reviews, I love Overstock! We had smoke damage in our home. They were SO helpful! In addition to free shipping, they took 5% off my order. I have ordered numerous items, including furniture, and pleased with everything! Will continue to be a loyal shopper."

"Bought two chandeliers (Triarch Crown Jewel 9-light and 5-light) in two separate orders and got the lowest price found after doing extensive research online, plus 10% discount coupons each time (first for being a new customer and second provided in the shipping confirmation email). Item was packed fantastically (crated in wood!) and arrived rapidly as promised. When I neglected to use my 10% coupon on the second order and asked chat customer service to apply it retroactively, they did so easily. Great experience so far, and I have not encountered any sort of problems."

modified review This review was modified by caraangelica on June 15 2013 04:20:38 PM

"Even with all the bad reviews over stock.com is worse than that. I ordered a skateboard for my son's birthday and it didn't arrive. Even worse I paid $37 for shipping to ensure delivery on or before his birthday. He didn't get it on his birthday and still has not received it. Now they're saying that they have to locate the product and possibly send a replacement later If it doesn't arrive. So here I sit with a 14 year old boy upset this birthday present didn't arrive while I live in Virginia and he lives in Kansas. His birthday was the seventh and as of the 13th they may send new product out if he hasn't received it by then. I will never order from overstock.com again and this is a warning for mothers out there or friends buying gifts for family members 1 star is overrated for this company"

modified review This review was modified by mollyzgrrl on June 11 2013 05:31:57 AM

"Beware overstock is charging me for a product I never received ,,I've called overstock and explained to them I never received my order they said UPS del Ed it off !!! And that's it,,, I told them I never got it,,, there still billing me ,,,, OVERSTOCK IS NOT A WORTHY COMPANY !!AVOID!!AVOID!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by M09952 on June 18 2013 06:11:27 PM

"I purchased a refurbished Chi Flat Iron for Mother's Day. When I purchased it, it stated that the estimated delivery date was Friday (today). That is the reason I purchased it.
I was then warned by a few relatives that Overstock.com is notorious for taking forever with shipping, but I disregarded that.

Well the item shipped 2 days later via FedEx SmartPost... One of the absolute SLOWEST services out there.
And now the item is sitting in California, and it is Friday.
I am extremely disappointed in Overstock.com. I will be refusing the package, and will never purchase from Overstock again.
It is a terrible way to do business, lying about delivery dates.

Overstock.com / O.co is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Overstock.com / O.co is not a merchant member
Overstock.com / O.co does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!