Store Information Store Info
  • Rating 5.50/10 49 reviews

Overseas Electronics is a merchant member
    Overseas Electronics participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,874 merchant members.
  • Overseas Electronics contact information

• Business Hours: 10:00 am-7:00 pm 7 Days a week
    • Fax: 7734230091

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10

"I was looking for a transformer/converter for use in 220 volt appliances, mainly for washer and dryer that I want to use in 220 volts. So I came across this store online. I called them to find out about different options I have in purchasing transformers. The sales person recommended a LiteFuze brand transformer. I Bought a LiteFuze Converter from this store online and received it faster than I had expected.I am using this transformer and it works great on washer and dryer. I am pleased with the purchase and would definitely recommend this store for different types of voltage transformers."

"Ordered from them on 2/8/10 and called them to make sure the item I was ordering was in stock. I have been waiting for the Sony Ericsson W995 to come out for a long time and they had it at the best price. Great customer service as well. I got my phone just a few days after ordering and I am very HAPPY! As described, brand new, great price! Thanks!"

"I have always bought from them new just released mobile phones , they normally are the first ones to get them in stock , sometime they do promise you that you will get it in a day or so but thats not always true. but eventually it does come thru . I bought my motorola Droid and the HD2 from them in the past and it was delivered with in days"

"This company has to be a joke.

I ordered a multisysem vcr two weeks ago. Their website has 4 pages worth of multisystems listed for sale.

Today I called as I'd heard nothing since my confirmation. Long story short, they say they purposely advertise items they don't stock for "regulations" (?) of some sort. I also was pushed off the phone and told I'd be called back. In the meantime I double checked their site and saw there were still pages of vcrs. I called back and was told again they don't stock them, and they're sorry I "don't understand" (I was questioning their business practices). The person I spoke to was flippant and really didn't care that this business is dishonest, has poor communiction, etc. He seemed to think he was doing me a favor by even talking to me. He kept saying "okay" in a flippant way each time I told him that this was a very bizarre way of running a business. I told him to make sure the order was cancelled.

Shortly after I got a call back from him. He was nicer this time at first, and offered me a vcr/dvd player for cheaper than the item I picked out -- something I do not want. I said no, and then I said that I don't want to do business with this company as I find the whole thing to be run very poorly. He got flippant again, told me good luck finding any vcrs these days. I told him I'd find what I needed just fine. He also told me again after I said I found this company to be run very poorly that he wasn't going to argue with me and was going to be positive even if I was negative (?!). At this point I was beyond fed up. He had told me he wasn't the owner, which I found odd. If he's not the owner and an employee, then what does his attitude say about this company?

I'd urge everyone to stay away from this place, and to be sure and find out if they're operating under other business names before ordering an item from a similar looking store online. Years ago I had a horrendous problem with a company from California very similar to this company, and now I'm thinking that these independent oveseas electronics stores are to be kept away from at all costs.

"BAD PEOPLE I SOULD HAVE STICKED WITH POPULAR ELECTRONICS FROM BEFORE, THIS PEOPLE THINK THEY ARE ALL THAT, DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM REALLY BAD PEOPLE"

modified review This review was modified by mijim17 on November 04 2009 04:55:03 PM

"First I ordered HTC HD but then called same day to change to the Omnia 2. I wanted next day shipping. The rep said it was $24.XX. I asked him was that next day and he said YES. When I looked online at my bank they charged me another $34.00. The next rep said the first rep charged me for regular shipping not next day. Had I not called back to change the order, I would've been waiting for my phone. When I explainded to the second rep that the first rep said next day was $24.XX he said I misunderstood. I didn't misunderstand anything. So I let the transaction go. The Omnia 2 I recieved was BAD. It stopped working in 2 weeks. Wouldn't get a signal. So I called to get it replaced and they replaced it, but with a different color. The first was black. Then they sent me a red one. I called them to get the black one back. They told me it didn't come in black. That made me mad. I know what I recieved from them. At that point I know I will not buy from them again!!! The packaging doesn't come with warranty info. So I called Overseas to check on wanrranty info and hasn't recieved a call back or email from them. I found this out because I called Samsung USA for help to get the phone working and they told me it's not a US model and I need to call the seller to fix. So buy at your on risk??? I was going to buy the HTC HD2 from these guys, but since they didn't respond to my email about warranty or give me a black phone like I had before, I'll buy from some other retailer. Buyer beware!!!"

"These guys do not carry 90% of the phones that are listed on their website. I guess it is a cheap way of coming up on google for various searches. I tried buying nokia 6290. The guys said that they do not carry it and the information on web is for reference only. So why the shopping cart and the seller had no answer. I asked for a nokia 6125 and overseas ended up sending 6126 which is not what I wanted. On contact, they confirmed that they did not have 6125 either. They younger guy on phone was quite rude and the older guy was O.K. Very deceptive sellers. Would not buy or recommend them to anyone. "

modified review This review was modified by celltester on April 11 2009 09:16:42 AM

"I ordered a Nokia E51 camera-free phone from Overseas Electronics. When they sent me the model with a camera, I emailed them about exchanging it. Their entire reply was "send it back." So, at my expense, I sent it back. They refunded my money (except for the shipping) and never sent me a replacement phone. I'm out $37 for shipping costs for a mistake THEY made and still don't have a phone."

"We need four(4) Cellular phones Sony Ericsson T250i for a project.
I look for this phones on Internet and OVERSEAS ELECTRONICS shows that have it in stock.
Just to confirm the information and as we have a strict deadline, I made a long distance call and one of the males told me that they have it in stock and ready to deliver.
I ask (again) for the two (2) day shipping and he told me that as I call before noon (Friday) they will be deliver that same day to us...
After the fourth(4)day waiting, I call and they told me that was a delay and that will be deliver on next Friday. The next day call again, just to confirm that they don't have them and they only say that: "Your money will be reimbursed to your card, because we couldn't find them" (???) No further explanations, just ask for the invoice number.
PLEASE DO NOT BUY from "Overseas Electronics" = "www.welectronics.com" = "LABBEK@aol.com"(on eBay). Learn from others, ok?!

"I have ordered Revel Roti Maker. They send me some Professional series (Even the non stick coating is so BAD!!). When i called them they are asking me to send it to them for refund but i will have to take the shipping cost. They dont even understand its their mistake that they send a wrong product. I spoke to some one in the shop who does not know how to handle the customers. He does not understand an online selling concept.. Worst thing is my order says Revel, The invoice they send to me also revel but the product is something else... they are not ready to admit their mistake.. PLEASE DO NOT SHOP ONLINE WITH THIS MERCHANT.... "

"I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER!

I got the bait and switch from Overseas Electronics. I ordered a Pioneer DV-655A and rec'd a DV-600 AV. It begins here:

Hello,

Is this product still available?

Overseas Electronics Answer:

we still do have the 655 in stock that you can order it online and we can ship it out.

Email from me:

Thank you - Is this item brand new in a sealed box?

Correct.

Email from Me:

Thank you. The item was ordered via Paypal today.

Email from Me:

Hello,

The package arrived today. You shipped the wrong player.

You sent a Pioneer DV 600 AV (Silver)

I ordered a Pioneer DV-655A! (Black)

Do you actually have a DV-655A in stock as stated below?

Thanks.

Labbek@aol.com wrote:

Hi Mark this is the new model that replaced the Dv655a, we have one PC dv655a but it is a demo model so we did not ship that to you.

Email from me:

I previously asked you if this was a sealed unit in a box. You said "correct."

You should have informed me that you changed the model. Why didn't you at least tell me?

Mark

I apologize for this, The Pioneer 655a was disconintued and the demo model we did not want to ship, I can refund you the shipping charges if you want to keep the Dv600 it works the same and it is the newer model.

HOURS: 10:00 A.M. TO 8:00 P.M CST

Note: I agreed to the offer for a shipping charge refund ($20) because the DV-600 was actually a decent mid-range universal player. Never heard from them again and email address is dead as of June 6 08.

The DV 655A is still being advertised at http://www.welectronics.com/dvd/pioneer/dv-655.shtml

I will shop at authorized retailers only!

modified review This review was modified by HiRezTunz on June 07 2008 05:35:54 PM

"Ordered a HP Ipaq 614C-I requested Expidited shipping so it would be here by Friday 3/21/08 or NO order. They state on their website that all items normally ship UPS ground allow a year or so for delivery... Got a Email saying I would have it by my specified timeframe if I placed order that day (No worries). After another series of email's requesting the Tracking# I finally got one today(3/21/08) and guess what? It was not expidited and will not be delivered for another freakin WEEK!! This ticks me off especially when their site states that they will ship other than UPS ground if you contact them via Email requesting such:
The only shipping option selectable while ordering via our online shopping cart is UPS ground. For other shipping methods or options please e-mail us. Please allow total delivery time of 3-10 business days for UPS Ground. We will provide you with a tracking number to track your package.
Uhhh....
The issue is being home to sign for the package -that is WHY I requested this type of shipping. The wackiest thing is,I stayed on them and even have several Emails from them repeatedly saying I would have it here by Friday March 21 2008 (today). According to UPS tracking info that was never the case.
On the positive side, they got back to me promptly each time I emailed them (except the one about the misleading shipping info) I hope the shipping SNAFU was all a simple error on their part. I hat e to think they did this knowingly just to make the sell? If you buy a phone from these folks, Demand a Tracking#,Give yourself plenty of time for shipping which mean no UPS Next day/2nd day) Also need to specify that the phone is the proper language. It's not specified anywhere on their site that I noticed and your just ASSuming it is the version you want. They are very clear-their are NO refunds once you order a Phone.
I will find out next week or whenever it finally gets here and will update this post accordingly.
UPDATE***********
I eventually recieved the phone (a week later). I have since decided I did not like the phone as it was not all it was cracked up to be IMHO. Overseas Electronics is working with me now to exchange for a Nokia N95 8GB NAM. Since they are willing to exchange without any issue, I will upgrade them. I think they should take the expidited delivery option(s) off their website though..

modified review This review was modified by mast114 on March 31 2008 02:10:02 PM

"this was the best customer service I have ever got . ordered 1 day shipped the same day and recieved 2 days later . good price and just what i ordered . I was a little worrried about this seller but my transaction was smooth as silk"

"Ordered a white Sony Ericsson W580 ($350 with shipping) on their website, and I specifically wrote an email to them to make sure I would get a white W580 since most of other stores have it back ordered, they responded right away and said a white phone would be sent to me. Fast shipment, but opened the box and got an GREY one instead. I called the customer service, the guy was rude and first said the white one was not even released and not listed on their website, then said it was out of stock... I was required to pay the return shipping cost myself to get it exchanged or refunded. I shipped it with USPS insured mail, it got there on 9/7/2007 with their signature, but I still haven't got refunded since (for about 1 month)... I emailed them to ask for the status, they told me to send them the shipping tracking #. So I did, then there is no response from any one... Money was paid and phone was returned, I will try to file a dispute through PayPal later, and hopefully can get the refund back. Will NEVER buy anything at Overseas Electronics again!!!"

"Purchased Nokia 5500 for $250. One month later the rubber face is comming off the phone rendering it useless. Tried to get Nokia to warranty and told it is a foreign phone and does not have a warranty when sold in the US. This was never disclosed to me by Overseas Electronics and they were responsive to emails but not willing to replace. Only 30 days of service on this phone. Beware there phones may not have a warranty in the US be sure to ask.
$250 down the drain and no I will never buy there again. Interesting enough my invoice is not prenumbered?