• Address: 2457 west devon ave chicago IL

Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.00/10 7.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"I ordered a 3000watts transformer from this company to use with a 220volts soybean milk making appliance my wife bought back from China. When the transformer arrived we found out that they have shipped us the wrong model. I called this company and their manager/owner Mr. Azam was very kind and helpful to offer a better replacement, LiteFuse LR-5000. Needless to say we were overjoyed and thankful for his gesture. When the shipment arrived, we were surprised that their shipping department had accidently shipped THG-5000U/D instead of LiteFuse LR-5000. We tested the transformer but it keep buzzing after a few minutes and has to be unpluged to reset all the time. We conclude that we still need the LiteFuse LR-5000 because it has a built-in regulator. Again I called Mr. Azam and he bend himself backward to comply with my request to ship me the LiteFuse LR-5000 when he receive his shipment from China. I am waiting for the LiteFuse LR-5000 to arrive, hopefully soon, and forever grateful for Mr. Azam's thoughtfullness in this regards. I am pleased with the purchase and would definitely recommend this company to anyone.
We received the LiteFuse LR-5000 a few days later and it has worked beautifully. Thanks again to Mr. Azam.

modified review This review was modified by tirasong on September 19 2010 01:52:31 PM

Currently, TN. USA

"I have done business with Overseas Electronics(www.welelectronics.com)/labbek@aol.com as far back as 2008. This company is located in Chicago, IL. Their site is clearly marked with their information. Recent purchases that I have made with them are as follows: (each phone is purchased on different dates that go back to January 2010): Samsung S5230, LG GX500, Nokia 6700, Nokia 7260, Samsung B5702, Sony Ericsson W980i, and Sony Ericsson G705. Each phone has been shipped in a timely manner and in excellent condition. I HAVE HAD ONLY POSITIVE EXPERIENCES WITH THEM! I have never had a problem with them that would warrant a negative review!! Any issues that have come up they have always been good about remedying the situation. If I decided that I did not want the phone or realized that the phone would not be compatible in the U.S.A. (because I misread their ad) they have always been good about exchanging for another item. I do not understand some of the negative reviews listed about them. For example: Reviewer GUAC who seems to ask the reader to find out if they're operating under other business names since he had a bad experience with another company in California with a similar name. Did this reviewer buy from Overseas in Chicago? I mean, ResellerRatings only requests for a purchase date & order number which is not enough info to verify the legitimacy of some of these reviews. Does RR even call Overseas to verify order numbers? I also question the negative reviews who don't even call to speak with Asam to resolve their issue with an order but decide to leave negative feedback anyway. Since I have done business with them I would recommend calling them to make sure an item is in stock. If for any reason the item is no longer in stock when originally it was then they will gladly refund any money owed to you (which has happened to me before). It's not life or death people! Personally, I would definitely recommend doing business with them."

modified review This review was modified by sirensword on September 09 2010 08:32:21 PM

"I ordered Philips dvp5140 from this site through Google checkout.
Next day got a phone call that the item is long time discontinued (why is it still on their website?) and they will send me newer model for the same price.
Today I received BROKEN OLDER dvp 3140 player.
1) OLDER and twice cheaper (if you will be lucky to find it)
2) BROKEN. with a scratch on the DVD tray. the tray would not open, it's jammed.
This is all fraud and scam. if I can only give negative raiting...

"Having read previous entries on this website describing how the wrong item had been received I was a bit concerned about whether they would send me the correct cell phone (which was pretty hard to find in the color I wanted), so I called them after I had made my order to make sure the item was in stock, and they assured me it was. They shipped the item the same day, but it wasn't the color explicitly stated in the item title on their website. They blamed it on their supplier and sent me a return shipping label. Customer service was very good but I wouldn't buy from them again."

modified review This review was modified by jsgt on April 10 2010 08:35:34 AM

"Purchased the New sony ericsson x10 device from them , they claim to be first ones to have it available and sure enough I was able to walk in the store and pick it up love the new android phone . got a great deal "

"I was looking for a transformer/converter for use in 220 volt appliances, mainly for washer and dryer that I want to use in 220 volts. So I came across this store online. I called them to find out about different options I have in purchasing transformers. The sales person recommended a LiteFuze brand transformer. I Bought a LiteFuze Converter from this store online and received it faster than I had expected.I am using this transformer and it works great on washer and dryer. I am pleased with the purchase and would definitely recommend this store for different types of voltage transformers."

"Ordered from them on 2/8/10 and called them to make sure the item I was ordering was in stock. I have been waiting for the Sony Ericsson W995 to come out for a long time and they had it at the best price. Great customer service as well. I got my phone just a few days after ordering and I am very HAPPY! As described, brand new, great price! Thanks!"

"I have always bought from them new just released mobile phones , they normally are the first ones to get them in stock , sometime they do promise you that you will get it in a day or so but thats not always true. but eventually it does come thru . I bought my motorola Droid and the HD2 from them in the past and it was delivered with in days"

"This company has to be a joke.

I ordered a multisysem vcr two weeks ago. Their website has 4 pages worth of multisystems listed for sale.

Today I called as I'd heard nothing since my confirmation. Long story short, they say they purposely advertise items they don't stock for "regulations" (?) of some sort. I also was pushed off the phone and told I'd be called back. In the meantime I double checked their site and saw there were still pages of vcrs. I called back and was told again they don't stock them, and they're sorry I "don't understand" (I was questioning their business practices). The person I spoke to was flippant and really didn't care that this business is dishonest, has poor communiction, etc. He seemed to think he was doing me a favor by even talking to me. He kept saying "okay" in a flippant way each time I told him that this was a very bizarre way of running a business. I told him to make sure the order was cancelled.

Shortly after I got a call back from him. He was nicer this time at first, and offered me a vcr/dvd player for cheaper than the item I picked out -- something I do not want. I said no, and then I said that I don't want to do business with this company as I find the whole thing to be run very poorly. He got flippant again, told me good luck finding any vcrs these days. I told him I'd find what I needed just fine. He also told me again after I said I found this company to be run very poorly that he wasn't going to argue with me and was going to be positive even if I was negative (?!). At this point I was beyond fed up. He had told me he wasn't the owner, which I found odd. If he's not the owner and an employee, then what does his attitude say about this company?

I'd urge everyone to stay away from this place, and to be sure and find out if they're operating under other business names before ordering an item from a similar looking store online. Years ago I had a horrendous problem with a company from California very similar to this company, and now I'm thinking that these independent oveseas electronics stores are to be kept away from at all costs.

"BAD PEOPLE I SOULD HAVE STICKED WITH POPULAR ELECTRONICS FROM BEFORE, THIS PEOPLE THINK THEY ARE ALL THAT, DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM REALLY BAD PEOPLE"

modified review This review was modified by mijim17 on November 04 2009 04:55:03 PM

"First I ordered HTC HD but then called same day to change to the Omnia 2. I wanted next day shipping. The rep said it was $24.XX. I asked him was that next day and he said YES. When I looked online at my bank they charged me another $34.00. The next rep said the first rep charged me for regular shipping not next day. Had I not called back to change the order, I would've been waiting for my phone. When I explainded to the second rep that the first rep said next day was $24.XX he said I misunderstood. I didn't misunderstand anything. So I let the transaction go. The Omnia 2 I recieved was BAD. It stopped working in 2 weeks. Wouldn't get a signal. So I called to get it replaced and they replaced it, but with a different color. The first was black. Then they sent me a red one. I called them to get the black one back. They told me it didn't come in black. That made me mad. I know what I recieved from them. At that point I know I will not buy from them again!!! The packaging doesn't come with warranty info. So I called Overseas to check on wanrranty info and hasn't recieved a call back or email from them. I found this out because I called Samsung USA for help to get the phone working and they told me it's not a US model and I need to call the seller to fix. So buy at your on risk??? I was going to buy the HTC HD2 from these guys, but since they didn't respond to my email about warranty or give me a black phone like I had before, I'll buy from some other retailer. Buyer beware!!!"

"These guys do not carry 90% of the phones that are listed on their website. I guess it is a cheap way of coming up on google for various searches. I tried buying nokia 6290. The guys said that they do not carry it and the information on web is for reference only. So why the shopping cart and the seller had no answer. I asked for a nokia 6125 and overseas ended up sending 6126 which is not what I wanted. On contact, they confirmed that they did not have 6125 either. They younger guy on phone was quite rude and the older guy was O.K. Very deceptive sellers. Would not buy or recommend them to anyone. "

modified review This review was modified by celltester on April 11 2009 09:16:42 AM

"I ordered a Nokia E51 camera-free phone from Overseas Electronics. When they sent me the model with a camera, I emailed them about exchanging it. Their entire reply was "send it back." So, at my expense, I sent it back. They refunded my money (except for the shipping) and never sent me a replacement phone. I'm out $37 for shipping costs for a mistake THEY made and still don't have a phone."

"We need four(4) Cellular phones Sony Ericsson T250i for a project.
I look for this phones on Internet and OVERSEAS ELECTRONICS shows that have it in stock.
Just to confirm the information and as we have a strict deadline, I made a long distance call and one of the males told me that they have it in stock and ready to deliver.
I ask (again) for the two (2) day shipping and he told me that as I call before noon (Friday) they will be deliver that same day to us...
After the fourth(4)day waiting, I call and they told me that was a delay and that will be deliver on next Friday. The next day call again, just to confirm that they don't have them and they only say that: "Your money will be reimbursed to your card, because we couldn't find them" (???) No further explanations, just ask for the invoice number.
PLEASE DO NOT BUY from "Overseas Electronics" = "www.welectronics.com" = "LABBEK@aol.com"(on eBay). Learn from others, ok?!

"I have ordered Revel Roti Maker. They send me some Professional series (Even the non stick coating is so BAD!!). When i called them they are asking me to send it to them for refund but i will have to take the shipping cost. They dont even understand its their mistake that they send a wrong product. I spoke to some one in the shop who does not know how to handle the customers. He does not understand an online selling concept.. Worst thing is my order says Revel, The invoice they send to me also revel but the product is something else... they are not ready to admit their mistake.. PLEASE DO NOT SHOP ONLINE WITH THIS MERCHANT.... "

Overseas Electronics is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Overseas Electronics is not a merchant member
Overseas Electronics does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!