• Overclockers.co

Product & services pricing Rating 1.50/10 1.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.08/10 2.08/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10

"I order a number of products, one of which turned out not to be in stock after they took the money from my account. Delayed the whole order. No delivery date was given or response to my emails. Cancelled my order again no response or confirmation."

"I've spent thousands of pounds at Overclockers during the last 3 years - their product range is great, and so are their prices.

However, their customer services is so inadequate, and shows such scant regard for their customers, and our rights as consumers, that I will NEVER EVER use this company again.

I've had to RMA 3 goods in the last twelve months, Overclockers can't be blamed for that, but they have been useless and insulting on all 3 occassions.

They have attempted to charge me a test fee when I was forced to return a faulty motherboard, claiming that no fault could be found. It was only because I kicked-up such a fuss, and got the manufacturer involved that they eventually found a blatant fundamental flaw with the boared (it couldn't boot very often, and when it did, no PCI devices would work). It still took them 6 weeks to send out a replacement, and they never refunded me the cost of returning the faulty mobo.

I have been waiting nearly 4 months for a refund on a Samsung 181T that became faulty after only a few months (Samsung have sent a credit note, allowing the retailer to return the monitor to them, allowing OcUK and me to get a refund) I email customer service every week (no point in phoning) and after a couple of days get a reply saying please be patient. I don't think anyone should have to wait 4 months plus to get a refund for faulty goods.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

modified review This review was modified by cockneyleek on January 27 2004 08:17:15 AM

"In general Overclockers do well as they manage to get new products in fast.

n.ireland

"Not at all pleased with their service and would not recommend them to anyone I disliked. My story is that, I ordered a Radeon 9500NP graphics card. After numerous emails back and forth to their sales dept to determine if it was the correct card, I finally had the assurance to click on the order button.
Well, it was NOT the right card the sales guy was telling me about, left me disappointed and wanted to RMA it, after his mistake I still have to pay a 15% re-stocking fee for returning it, you think that would be the worst of it, right? wrong.
I used my mum's creditcard for the order, so I had no way of knowing the money was credited back into the account (until my mum got her quarterly bank statements). We forgot about the money, because time went by and we thought that would be have been taken care off by overclockers, until one day out of the blue my mum thought she was down some money, I researched the statements and low and behold overclockers had not credited the money, I actually had to tell them after THREE months from the RMA request, what is going on. They apologised and credited the money, so the conclusion is that if my mum had not spotted she was down and I had not contacted them about it, they simply would have kept the money. Oh yea, they still took their 15% re-stocking charge after all that hassle. Pathetic, will never shop there again.

"I purchased a Radeon 9700 Pro from them a couple of months back. Due to other computer issues, and ill health, I have only just been able, in the past 48 hours, to really use my system. Here is the text of an email I sent to Geoff Harris, the Acting Editor of PC Format: -

I first noticed that it wasn’t quite right the day I received it (the system)back, but figured that it must be my fault and that I hadn’t set it up correctly. I formatted the drive, reinstalled XP clean, and downloaded the latest Catalyst from ATI. It made sod all difference. The refresh (which I have always had set to 16x12 @ 85Hz on a Sony P520) was still ‘shimmering’. I woke up the following day with a blinding headache and spent most of the day in bed – coincidence? I think not. I contacted Overclockers who pointed me to the forum at www.rage3d.com (look for yourself under the 95/97/98 section - there are many instances). It’s even worse when it comes to gaming.

I am not what you would describe as a ‘hardcore’ gamer – I am currently playing Exile which plays beautifully on my old P4 1.8 with a crappy GF4 MX440 (or is it 220, I forget). Anyway, on this new system (Athlon 2700+, 512MB OCZ 2700, DRAGON KT400 Platinum Ultra, Audigy 2 Platinum Ex, 2x40GB and 1x200GB – Seagate and WDC respectively) it flickers horribly. The same can be said for all my games – and I have nothing that flings the pixels around at blindingly high speeds (Age of Mythology, SC4, The Sims, and a vast adventure collection). Girls don’t tend to play FPS, flight sims, sport sims or racers. You could argue that the 9700 Pro is overkill, but they don’t sell the 8500 anymore and I’d have been more than happy to settle for another of those. None of the solutions on the Rage3D forum helped. Overclockers tell me that they cannot RMA the card because it’s more than 5 (or is it 7) days old. But this is a health issue. I know my rights – though Trading Standards said it could be argued that it was a ‘feature’. Now, I don’t know about you, but giving someone a migraine is not a feature that I’ve ever seen listed on the box of any card I’ve ever owned. Surely, as this is a health problem, they should be obliged to give the customer their money back however old the card is.

I’d contact ATI (who also know about the problem but are claiming it’s nothing to do with them – they’re blaming everything from the motherboard to the power supply, to the planets being incorrectly aligned) but they don’t appear to have a UK contact number. You may also be interested in http://www.overcockers.co.uk/private/publicity.htmwhich is a letter that was published in your sister mag PC Zone this past issue (April 2003). This gives you a general idea of their level of customer service. I am in personal contact with Ben, sales manager of Chillblast and he said he would have at least contacted ATI, O/C have refused to do even that.

I have never come across such a rude, insolent, churlish, obnoxious – add derogatory adjectives of your choice – turd as their TS Manager Dave Dwyer. I haven’t had the pleasure of speaking to their CEO, one Mark Proudfoot, at the time of writing, but I intend to do so in due course.

I will never deal with this company again, and I will seek to discredit them at every conceivable oppoertunity.

I was even accused of damaging the card myself, just so I could claim my money back!

"I've bought 3 M/B and 2 cpu from them. I live in Portugal and i used to receive the packages 5-6 days after i post the order. No experience in RMA."

"I will not buy from this company again.

I used to really like them, but they have become extremely lax in the customer service department.

After a recent kerfuffle involveing a total of *3* consecutive dead-on-arrival motherboards, the last of which I am still in the process of returning, a defective harddisc AND its replacement (which wasnt the same spec as the original), and a defective case which I have simply lost the will to be bothered to send back, I am now convinced that they are selling returned stock as though it were new.

I hope their customer support efforts become reflected in their profits.

Cambs, UK

"Ease of use, prompt delivery - was hesistant to use this website judging by previous reviews, si I decided to play it small - ordering a cpu fan and Artic Silver. Had a small problem with a transaction, got an email from them, and immediately resolved the problem - goods arrived in 24 hours."

"Very poor service, I would never deal with this company again"

Hull, UK

"Ordered two hard drives and a fan from these people after a good service the first time when I got the package fast and eveything was correct. However this time they claimed the courier lost the package. Fine I thought, accidents happen and they promised to send another package out right away...no problem there.

One week later still no package and after ages being on hold and swapped between certain people and hung up on I finally got through and they said it would be sent out straight away. Finally recieved order around 20 days after I originally ordered.

More recently, two out of the 3 parts from the first order have failed, totalling the value of about £80. I have now filled in their on-site RMA form 3 times and still have not receieved an RMA number or a reply of any sort. Will not buy from these again, very poor service.

thekemp's Avatar
manchester uk

"I have spend 1000's of pounds at overclockers, i must say that the web site is fast but does not work if you access over a proxy. they always deliver on time and they are in stock most of the time . i recently had a motherboard go down and within the week i had a replacment on my desk! everything else i have bought has worked first time.
the only downfall for them is there customer service is lacking. you can never get through on the phone and your emails dont get a response for weeks sometimes.

SJP

"Excellent customer service. prompt delivery."

Manchester / Leeds.

"I ordered an Enermax 350W PSU from them. They claimed they had it in stock, and accepted the order. Then I recieved an email from them, with my address, and the address of loads of other people, in the cc: field, to say that they had not got any in stock and we'd have to either cancel or upgrade.

Oh, good, I thought - not only have they just given my email address to all kinds of other people, they're making me pay for an upgrade. Ah, well, I thought, it happens...

So, I emailed them back and said I'd like to upgrade to the better PSU, and agreed that they could charge me for the new one.

Then I check my online bank balance, and found that not only had they debited the amount for the original PSU, they had done this before they sent out the email to inform me that they couldn't send me the PSU.

So I immediately emailed them back and asked them to cancel my order.

After a couple of days, they emailed me, and said that they could not cancel the order as it had been sent out...

Fair enough, I thought, and got my parents to reject the delivery of the parcel when it arrived, thus getting it sent back to them.

Cue a month-long wait for my money back.

Not satisfied. Will not order from them again.

"I bought a motherboard from them. Didnt work. Rang them, was on the phone for over half an hour on "Hold" (Which seems to be a lack of people to answer the phone, or nobody can be bothered)got through to three different people who passed me from one to another, of which I had to explain my problem every time. Finally, I got through to "Dan" who was a bit unenthusiastic about my problem. He gave me a returns number, and asked me to send it back to them. He also said that it would it would take between a week to ten days. Yeah right. I sent the package on recorded delivery (so I know it got there) on the 13th of March. It is now the 23 of April and after four emails (I didnt think i'd try phoning them again...) I have only been told that they had staff on holiday, and my replacement should have been dispatched on the 18th of March.

If anybody has had the same sort of problem and has had success from it, PLEASE let me know!!! I am dying, I have a Athlon XP 1700 and 256MB DDR Ram just sat here gathering dust! Thank god for Athlon 600s!

email me at mcaleenan@lineone.net

31/06/02 In addition to the above, I would like to add that I have now finally recieved a full refund for the item concerned, together with a sincere apology and a refund for the amount it cost to send back the motherboard in the first place. I have never been sooooo relieved, as i'm sure you lot can imagine!
Got another one now, yipeeee!

modified review This review was modified by mcaleenan on June 30 2002 05:42:21 PM

Lemon[H]ead's Avatar
Heriot-Watt Uni

"I bought a B-Grade Athlon AXIA 1GHZ which didnt work. I returned it and they replaced it, out of kindnes with an Athlon 1.1GHz. This epitomises the excellent service i've had from them. "

Share Overclockers.co.uk's store rating

Overclockers.co.uk is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Overclockers.co.uk is not a merchant member
Overclockers.co.uk does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!