Product & services pricing Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10

"I will not buy from this company again.

I used to really like them, but they have become extremely lax in the customer service department.

After a recent kerfuffle involveing a total of *3* consecutive dead-on-arrival motherboards, the last of which I am still in the process of returning, a defective harddisc AND its replacement (which wasnt the same spec as the original), and a defective case which I have simply lost the will to be bothered to send back, I am now convinced that they are selling returned stock as though it were new.

I hope their customer support efforts become reflected in their profits.

Cambs, UK

"Ease of use, prompt delivery - was hesistant to use this website judging by previous reviews, si I decided to play it small - ordering a cpu fan and Artic Silver. Had a small problem with a transaction, got an email from them, and immediately resolved the problem - goods arrived in 24 hours."

"Very poor service, I would never deal with this company again"

Hull, UK

"Ordered two hard drives and a fan from these people after a good service the first time when I got the package fast and eveything was correct. However this time they claimed the courier lost the package. Fine I thought, accidents happen and they promised to send another package out right away...no problem there.

One week later still no package and after ages being on hold and swapped between certain people and hung up on I finally got through and they said it would be sent out straight away. Finally recieved order around 20 days after I originally ordered.

More recently, two out of the 3 parts from the first order have failed, totalling the value of about £80. I have now filled in their on-site RMA form 3 times and still have not receieved an RMA number or a reply of any sort. Will not buy from these again, very poor service.

thekemp's Avatar
manchester uk

"I have spend 1000's of pounds at overclockers, i must say that the web site is fast but does not work if you access over a proxy. they always deliver on time and they are in stock most of the time . i recently had a motherboard go down and within the week i had a replacment on my desk! everything else i have bought has worked first time.
the only downfall for them is there customer service is lacking. you can never get through on the phone and your emails dont get a response for weeks sometimes.

SJP

"Excellent customer service. prompt delivery."

Manchester / Leeds.

"I ordered an Enermax 350W PSU from them. They claimed they had it in stock, and accepted the order. Then I recieved an email from them, with my address, and the address of loads of other people, in the cc: field, to say that they had not got any in stock and we'd have to either cancel or upgrade.

Oh, good, I thought - not only have they just given my email address to all kinds of other people, they're making me pay for an upgrade. Ah, well, I thought, it happens...

So, I emailed them back and said I'd like to upgrade to the better PSU, and agreed that they could charge me for the new one.

Then I check my online bank balance, and found that not only had they debited the amount for the original PSU, they had done this before they sent out the email to inform me that they couldn't send me the PSU.

So I immediately emailed them back and asked them to cancel my order.

After a couple of days, they emailed me, and said that they could not cancel the order as it had been sent out...

Fair enough, I thought, and got my parents to reject the delivery of the parcel when it arrived, thus getting it sent back to them.

Cue a month-long wait for my money back.

Not satisfied. Will not order from them again.

"I bought a motherboard from them. Didnt work. Rang them, was on the phone for over half an hour on "Hold" (Which seems to be a lack of people to answer the phone, or nobody can be bothered)got through to three different people who passed me from one to another, of which I had to explain my problem every time. Finally, I got through to "Dan" who was a bit unenthusiastic about my problem. He gave me a returns number, and asked me to send it back to them. He also said that it would it would take between a week to ten days. Yeah right. I sent the package on recorded delivery (so I know it got there) on the 13th of March. It is now the 23 of April and after four emails (I didnt think i'd try phoning them again...) I have only been told that they had staff on holiday, and my replacement should have been dispatched on the 18th of March.

If anybody has had the same sort of problem and has had success from it, PLEASE let me know!!! I am dying, I have a Athlon XP 1700 and 256MB DDR Ram just sat here gathering dust! Thank god for Athlon 600s!

email me at mcaleenan@lineone.net

31/06/02 In addition to the above, I would like to add that I have now finally recieved a full refund for the item concerned, together with a sincere apology and a refund for the amount it cost to send back the motherboard in the first place. I have never been sooooo relieved, as i'm sure you lot can imagine!
Got another one now, yipeeee!

modified review This review was modified by mcaleenan on June 30 2002 05:42:21 PM

Lemon[H]ead's Avatar
Heriot-Watt Uni

"I bought a B-Grade Athlon AXIA 1GHZ which didnt work. I returned it and they replaced it, out of kindnes with an Athlon 1.1GHz. This epitomises the excellent service i've had from them. "

"Never again! Had no ends of problem, a broken on delivery CPU that they refused to claim responsibility for, a faulty GFX card they finally took back.

They also sent me the wrong motherboard model (KT7A raid instead of the non-raid version) which could just have well have worked out for the worse.

they really don't seem to care about the consumer, I have a couple of friends who have had similar problems and OCUK will *never* admit they are in the wrong.

The OCUK forums are a great community but anybody who voices opinions about bad OCUK experiences gets their messages deleted and the account nuked :O

If OCUK read this, I recommend they prioritise customer care and aftersales service over profit margin.

"I have now had a motherboard, CPU, RAM, DVD-ROM, keyboard, and other misc parts from OcUK.

They should not be taken at face value. A "pre-tested" overclocked CPU is nothing of the sort. Some are tested, some aren't. I bought two Tbird 850s, one was obviously pre-tested, the other wasn't. Guess which one overclocked as far as they said it would?
They are deceptive and misleading, especially as to product qualities and worths.

Their prices are high and they have the dismissive attitude of a large corporation, but they don't have the quality of one.

They're not all bad. Products are dispatched in a timely manner and are well packed. Support is responsive, if dismissive.

In all, I do not recommend them for smaller purchases, but for the larger buys, they deserve consideration.

www.theoverclockingstore.co.uk tends to undercut OcUK's prices and is manned by much more helpful staff. They should be considered before OcUK.

Overclockers.co.uk is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Overclockers.co.uk is not a merchant member
Overclockers.co.uk does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!