Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10

• 1
  • 2

"Great Service !!! returned wrong product with no problems !!!"

"I ordered two knives on Friday and it shipped Tuesday. I received it Monday. I contacted customer service Wednesday to see if it had shipped. They responded that it had Tuesday so you might not be notified when your order ships.

I am very happy with the knives. Both are CRKT one was the C/K Dragon, Wharncliffe Blade, Satin Finish, PlainEdge and the other was the Folts S.P.E.W Small Pocket Everyday Wharncliffe Fixed Blade.
I love the detail of the S.P.E.W, the handle is very nice and the blade is great! The only problem is it is almost to small for me being 6'2" I have big hands but the handle feels good with great traction for how small it is.
The Dragon is almost the perfect size, the handle fits like a glove even with how thin it is and the finger space between the sub-hilt and the hilt is just big enough and the texture nice and simple looks good and does not slip. The handle does allow the use of the stabber grip blade forward or reversed, in reversed my fingers sit nicely on the sub-hilt and my thumb rests on a grip panel against the tang. The only fault I see is the blade could be a bit shorter, at 4 1/2" it might not be legal in some jurisdictions and the pommel has about 3/8's more metal than necessary. I am planing on ordering another Dragon very soon.

"Ordered On Friday May 4th, received it on May 9th "

"I bought a Benchmade D2 110 axis lock. Just GREAT to deal with. A 10+ out of 10. THANK YOU!!"

" My dealings with Oso Grande got off to a rocky start as I was used to order shipments taking place 24 hours after being placed, however, after I realised that nowhere on their site do they state that as their policy things started to take a turn for the better...During this period of adjustment I did have some trouble with contacting customer service through the phone...! 1st attempt-Instant answer, 2nd and 3rd-Straight to the answering machine, 4th-Selected different option from customer service on phone menu and Instant answer...After calming down during my adjustment period I began using the E-Mail method of contacting customer service and received instant responses to all inquirey's after that!...Not only were they prompt in responding to my E-Mail messages, they were very courteious with their handling of the situation!...Remember, when dealing with an online entity to always check their site for shipping info, that way you can avoid becoming disappointed...Also, keep an open mind and a positive attitude, it helps when times aren't going exactly as you had planned!...
Overall I would, and in fact already have, highly recommend this site to others! Once I was able to convey my concerns to their customer service agent they did their utmost to help me out and followed through until I received my shipment! The same day I put my order through @ Oso Grande I also put an order through another knife vendor and it only took 2 days longer for my order to be received from Oso Grande...Not bad considering the way I had worked myself up by not paying attention to their site and not noticing nor looking for shipping info!
The quality of the knife purchased from Oso Grande was equal to the quality of the one purchased from the other vendor and price was also equal, however, because of their superb handling of customer service concerns, despite the slow start, they have instantly moved themselves to the top of my list of vendors for my next purchase! Respect earns respect and their respect for me has earned my respect for them both as individuals and a company as a whole!
Great job ya'll and God Bless!

"I ordered merchandise from this online merchant in July, 2010. The merchandise arrived OK and my credit card was charged the agreed amount. About two weeks later my account was charged an additional $2.75. I called OsoGrande to inquire about this additional charge. They advised me that it was an additional charge imposed by UPS for delivery to an "extended area". I checked with UPS and they DO NOT charge for extended area at my location. I tried contacting OsoGrande via email at least 8 times to explain their error and demand my $2.75 credit for this bogus charge and got NO RESPONSE. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, and they also got NO RESPONSE. Beware with this guy. I would recommend not doing business with these people. Appear to be deceptive and will just ignore you later if any complaints. Other reputable merchants available and at cheaper prices for same product.

Update: 10/29/10 After several emails the merchant finally responded and refunded the amount in question.

modified review This review was modified by intelcore on October 29 2010 09:06:42 AM

"I placed an order Monday morning and as of Wednesday morning, have not been able to find out if and when the shipment will be sent. I have called both the Customer Service and Sales phone numbers all morning and no one answers either phone."

"I just received my order from you and as always the Cold Steel Products were the excellent quality that I have come to expect from them. The Customer Service and Communication from you has made this transaction a pleasure. Your prices are some of the lowest I've found on the items I wanted and the service has been excellent. I have book marked your site and will certainly look to you for my future needs. You have an amazing selection I'm sure I'll be back often. Thanks again for an enjoyable shopping experience."

"I was very pleased with the knives I purchased and was also very pleased with the quick shipping of my purchase. I plan to buy knives from this company again in the near future."

"Great prices, hugh selection of knives and super quick shipment. Oso provided me with a printed invoice and emailed me my shipment tracking number. They really seem to be a first class operation. I will definitely be buying from them again!

"Oso Grande Knife & Tool operates very deceptively. I ordered a splitting maul, and despite the "free shipping over $150" claim, I got charged for shipping. But I'm jumping ahead. Problem #1: Despite offering a separate "ship to" and "bill to", they would not allow me to ship to an alternate address, even after they called me on my registered billing phone number. Why offer a separate ship-to address if they won't ship to anything but the billing address? Problem #2: Unauthorized credit card charges. Checkout didn't show any shipping charges, nor did my email receipt. In fact, when they called me about the address thing, they didn't mention a shipping charge either. But I got hit for $32.75 for UPS ground!!! I checked UPS, and it's only $11.69. Problem #3: False advertising. Checking the fine print on their website does show any shipment over 3 pounds is no longer free shipping. So what are people buying that cost over $150 but under 3 pounds? Not much. Also, the advertised "lowest prices guaranteed" doesn't mean much when an overage of $21 is tacked onto the shipping charges. Problem #4: Poor packaging. You'd think that if they were going to whack me for $32.75, they could at least do better than toss the maul into two taped together UPS boxes, with a handful of bubble wrap. Of course, the box was busted open upon receipt, but the maul appears undamaged. Problem #5: No customer service. Their phone goes to voice mail, I leave a message, and don't get a call back. If this doesn't get resolved real soon, I'm going to the credit card company and filing for unauthorized charges, and filing a complaint to the BBB as well.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Update: I got a hold of someone at Oso, and questioned the charge. Said it was policy. I asked why they did not ask for authorization for the charge, no explanation given. I asked for the charges to be refunded, denied. I explained that I'm left no option but to file a dispute for an unauthorized charge with my credit card company, and he hung up on me. Just an all around dishonest, unprofessional business. I have opened a dispute with my credit card company. If they can not resolve, I will escalate to the BBB.

I also have reported this dealer to Gransfors Bruks US with the recommendation they consider severing ties considering such poor business practices while representing their product.

modified review This review was modified by rreidnauer on December 19 2008 07:59:22 PM

"I recently ordered a Gransfors Bruks double bit axe through Oso Grande and was, to say the least, disappointed with the service.

It took over two weeks for the item to even ship; there was no backorder and no indication it would take this long. I attempted to cancel the order due to traveling and not wanting it to arrive while I was gone, but literally the morning after I send the email I recieve a response that the item has already been shipped.

I check to see if the appropriate amount was charged to my account and come to find I was charged $25 additional dollars above what was stated in the order form and receipt. As of now I have not received word regarding this.

As far as positive feedback: They do have a very extensive selection of tools and knives and the like. If only they kept them in stock.

Oso Grande Knife & Tool is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Oso Grande Knife & Tool is not a merchant member
Oso Grande Knife & Tool does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!