Oso Grande Knife & Tool Reviews - page 2 - osograndeknives.com/ Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 8.50/10 19 reviews

Oso Grande Knife & Tool is not a merchant member
Oso Grande Knife & Tool does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

• 1
  • 2

"I was very pleased with the knives I purchased and was also very pleased with the quick shipping of my purchase. I plan to buy knives from this company again in the near future."

"Great prices, hugh selection of knives and super quick shipment. Oso provided me with a printed invoice and emailed me my shipment tracking number. They really seem to be a first class operation. I will definitely be buying from them again!

"Oso Grande Knife & Tool operates very deceptively. I ordered a splitting maul, and despite the "free shipping over $150" claim, I got charged for shipping. But I'm jumping ahead. Problem #1: Despite offering a separate "ship to" and "bill to", they would not allow me to ship to an alternate address, even after they called me on my registered billing phone number. Why offer a separate ship-to address if they won't ship to anything but the billing address? Problem #2: Unauthorized credit card charges. Checkout didn't show any shipping charges, nor did my email receipt. In fact, when they called me about the address thing, they didn't mention a shipping charge either. But I got hit for $32.75 for UPS ground!!! I checked UPS, and it's only $11.69. Problem #3: False advertising. Checking the fine print on their website does show any shipment over 3 pounds is no longer free shipping. So what are people buying that cost over $150 but under 3 pounds? Not much. Also, the advertised "lowest prices guaranteed" doesn't mean much when an overage of $21 is tacked onto the shipping charges. Problem #4: Poor packaging. You'd think that if they were going to whack me for $32.75, they could at least do better than toss the maul into two taped together UPS boxes, with a handful of bubble wrap. Of course, the box was busted open upon receipt, but the maul appears undamaged. Problem #5: No customer service. Their phone goes to voice mail, I leave a message, and don't get a call back. If this doesn't get resolved real soon, I'm going to the credit card company and filing for unauthorized charges, and filing a complaint to the BBB as well.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Update: I got a hold of someone at Oso, and questioned the charge. Said it was policy. I asked why they did not ask for authorization for the charge, no explanation given. I asked for the charges to be refunded, denied. I explained that I'm left no option but to file a dispute for an unauthorized charge with my credit card company, and he hung up on me. Just an all around dishonest, unprofessional business. I have opened a dispute with my credit card company. If they can not resolve, I will escalate to the BBB.

I also have reported this dealer to Gransfors Bruks US with the recommendation they consider severing ties considering such poor business practices while representing their product.

modified review This review was modified by rreidnauer on December 19 2008 07:59:22 PM
Rating 4/102/5

"I recently ordered a Gransfors Bruks double bit axe through Oso Grande and was, to say the least, disappointed with the service.

It took over two weeks for the item to even ship; there was no backorder and no indication it would take this long. I attempted to cancel the order due to traveling and not wanting it to arrive while I was gone, but literally the morning after I send the email I recieve a response that the item has already been shipped.

I check to see if the appropriate amount was charged to my account and come to find I was charged $25 additional dollars above what was stated in the order form and receipt. As of now I have not received word regarding this.

As far as positive feedback: They do have a very extensive selection of tools and knives and the like. If only they kept them in stock.