Stores > Opentip
  • Opentip

Product & services pricing Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.42/10 0.42/10
Voice your opinion! Review Opentip by clicking a star below.
2013-10-20

"I ordered a sofa set from Opentip.com because it offered the lowest price after I did a price research online. Two days later I got an email from them saying “we do not know the exact shipping fee until we get your ship to zip code” and asking me to pay $80 more for shipping, which was very ridiculous because I provided my address plus zip code when I placed the order online and their system calculated the shipping charge based on my zip code. If their system made a mistake, it was their fault. Why asking me to pay for their stupidity? So I told them I would not pay more and asked them to honor their price. Their response was they would not honor the price and later they cancelled my order. I have to say this company does not have basic business ethics. A business which does not honor its word is not an honorable business. Furthermore, I think it was fraudulent as they first deceived me with lower price to do business with them and later jacked up the price hoping I would pay since I already spent time on price research. In fact the backup store on my price research list increased the price a couple of days after I placed the order on Opentip.com. Eventually I bought the sofa set from that store because I did not want to do any business with the dishonest people from Opentip.com. Therefore, lesson is learnt and shared."

2013-09-21

"Ordered a wrench to complete a repair job on my auto. Description said it would be delivered in 2 to 7 days. 24 hours later I received a call from a non-English speaking person asking why my shipping address was different than the billing address. I explained that I travel. Order was processed. Eight days later I called customer service. It goes to voicemail. I sent an email--where's my order? No reply. Engaged in live chat. On hold a total of 40 minutes on chat. Finally got a USPS tracking number. It left 5 days after the order was processed. Now I have USPS trying to track it down. Never again with Opentip. "

2013-07-25

"Are you KIDDING ME? Okay, look at the reviews below... half of them are terrible grammar, identical sentence flow, and overly supportive. It seems obvious that Opentip is padding their rating...probably with some asian slave labor force back in HK...undoubtedly the same place that answered when I tried reaching their customer service (which was a JOKE!) They pretty much raped me on the shirts that I bought....

After promising me that they were in stock, they shipped only a fraction of my order at a time.. it took more than two months (after constantly contacting them) to finally get it all, amounting to over $150 in shipping charges!!

They kept shipping me the wrong thing, too!! And then I have to pay re-stocking fees!? I'm pissed. This is absurd. Just got the last package, which has three items wrong... I'm just going to pay somebody else at this point.. SMH.

2013-04-19

"AWESOME product very saticfied"

2013-03-20

"This is an unethical re-seller! They are a scam. I got a good price on Indamatic Drawer Soft Close drawer adapters from Opentip. The product came without any installation instructions so I pulled instructions from various sites on line. I already knew they would be hard to install from my research on the product. But after finding that installation was more painful than the benefits of the product I requested a return authorization # to send the un-open units back for credit. The rep. sent me an e-mail back asking why I wanted to make the return. I spent about 30 minutes explaining the problems with the installation and the efforts I had made. I felt this was a company that really wanted to improve and know what to change in their sales effort. That was the only reason I took the time to detail the problems.

I got back an e-mail saying I needed complete the attached form in order to get the return authorization. They also said they would see if they could send instructions for installation.

I downloaded the form. All there was to fill out was name, number, what I wanted done with the product if they refused to credit me, and explanation as to why I was returning it.

I replied with the name, what to do with the units if I didn't get credit (which let me know if I wanted them back, I again had to pay shipping). I explained the problems I had with scanning, attaching, etc. They replied that the form was needed for their records & I need only fill out name, phone #, shipping address & reason.

By now, I thought this was a joke! I filled the form out adding my address which wasn't requested on the form, and told them the detailed reason was attached to the email. I also asked what the restocking fees would be but received no answer.

They sent back a computer link to a set of installation instructions. The instructions used a Mounting Tool (template) that could be purchased fro $20. I found that the template wouldn't work for my style drawer slide and e-mailed back that I would need a return authorization #.

They e-mailed me back that they would forward my request to the return department, and again they reminded me that I could not return any item that had been used. I had told them numerous times that I wanted to return 12 of 13 units, since I opened one and knew I could not return it!

I finally got my RA #, a reminder that I could not return any part that had been used or was not sealed in original packaging. They explained that I will be charged for their shipping costs, their handling fee, my costs to ship the return back to them, plus a 20% restocking fee. Also I am required to send the package back to them with a tracking number and send the tracking number to them. This means I will be charged extra for the return shipping. So now I will be paying $32.89 for an order that originally cost $38.48.

I had to jump through hoops to pry a return authorization number from them. Now it will cost about as much to return the shipment than it cost in the first place.

Don't do business with them. They get more by returns than selling the product initially!!! What a scam! And they give the product a bad name as well. The product was fine - just didn't work on my kitchen drawer style. Sellers should know what this re-seller is doing to their name!

I don't know how this re-seller survives with the lengths they go to in order to prevent a return. They make money on returns!

2013-02-14

"I have looked for Coleman Can Holders for quite a while. Most online retailers that sell this product had a limited supply and would not allow you to pick what colors you wanted. Opentip had plenty of product for sale and I could pick the colors and how many I wanted of each. I am very happy to now have a great supply of my favorite soda can holders."

2013-01-07

"Competitive price, timely shipping. "

2013-01-01

"I found the item I wanted and orders it on Tues and it arrived Fri. This made it for Christmas and I found that the price was even less than what others that had ran out priced theirs at. I will usr OPENTIP for all my searches and for most of the items I want! "

2013-01-01

"I received my order correctly and on time. The only issue I had was confusion between ATAFA and OpenTip confirmation emails. Also, the package shipped before the money was taken from my account, which also confused me. All in all, I was satisfied."

2012-12-31

"Great service prices and quality on the costume items I ordered. Will order again!"

2012-12-31

"Finally found the items I wanted for my pet on Opentip.com and the price was the best I've found, shipping was superfast and the items were perfect. Highly recommend using Opentip!!!"

Heza76's Avatar

California
2012-12-27

"Ordered a statue "Reading Gargoyle" and love it. The quality of the product is better than I expected. The only problem is that they sent one with a small chip on his eyebrow. We can paint it with a little grey paint, but for $45 I would have liked it to be in perfect condition. Good shipping service. It came right away."

2012-12-26

"Lowest price on the Item I purchased."

2012-12-26

"Shipping cost was high. What I bought was small and light weight but shipping seemed to be expensive. "

2012-12-20

"Not only is Opentip one of the worst merchants and uses false advertising, their return policy is another way that screws the customer out of even more money. Their customer service reps are rude and predictable with standard excuses for outdated policies that take advantage of the customer. I purchased a train set after viewing the item online. Opentip false advertised the item by blowing up the photo on their website. When I received the train, it was miniature in size as compared to the photo as advertised. I didn't even bother opening the box and asked for a full refund. Of course they obliged but with a 20% restocking fee and a smart ass response that "a policy is a policy" and I must pay it if I still want to return the item. Kate was extremely unhelpful and I could care less for her sarcasm by wishing me a happy holiday. The only way I would be happy is if Opentip would do the right thing and refund my money for a gift that was falsely advertised. I should have stayed with Amazon, at least they would have offered a full refund without any bogus additional charges. Opentip is a third rate company at best and it shows through their customer service reps."

Share Opentip's store rating

Opentip is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Opentip is not a merchant member
Opentip does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!