Office Max Reviews - page 4 - officemax.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 0.83/10 173 reviews

Office Max is not a merchant member
Office Max does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"I bought Lexmark printer last week. Brand new based on what the rep said. I brought it back in today to return because my nephew gave me spare one. Ashley (Store Manager - CA Beach Blvd and Edinger)came out and stated box was open and charge me for re-stocking fee. I assured her that the box has never been open since I bought them. If it was, the store sold me the open box item. She said that she won't have time to argue with me but it's ok ... not charging for re-stocking fee. I told her specifically that it's not ok when you made a customer feel like they're lying. Then she openned the box to check items and walked away without explaination of her wrong judgement.

It brought to my attention that OfficeMax has sold me open box, charged me for brand new and store manager didn't not even recognize their own re-packaging.

I bought this printer first time at OfficeMax. Of course, it will be the last time ever. Wasted of time and got cheated by OfficeMax.

Rating 6/103/5

"When I called 1-800 number to place order, the rep didn't bother to ask me where I wanted the order to be sent to. Instead, he entered me home address (billing address) stored in computer system. I gave him the shipping addtress, but the computer system did not allow the change. I used $55 MaxPerk reward. If I chnage or cancel the order, I have to wait 4-6 weeks to receive the credit. I contacted Office Max customer service and spoke to two managers. Both wouldn't either change shipping address or credit back my reward immediately. My daughter was waiting for the order (printer) and I want to use this $55 toward the order. It is very frustraing to negotiate with the managers. Finally I give up and will never ever order anything from Office Max 1-800 number. But I have to say staff in local store are very heplful and knowledgable. It is my favourite office supply store."

modified review This review was modified by Cindy in CA on October 04 2010 11:05:29 AM
Rating 8/104/5

"Somewhat mixed review for OfficeMax.com for a chair I ordered back on 8/21/09. After placing my order, they sent out an email confirmation of my purchase. No further info was provided thereafter. My credit card was charged right away. The status page on their website does not provide up-to-date status. I did not know they shipped the chair I ordered until a week later when I came home one day and a package was waiting for me at the door. The website still says my order is in process. It has been a year, so maybe things have changed, but I haven't ordered anything since 8/21/09. If the price is right, I may order from them again."

"Terrible shopping experience with this store. The inside help could care less and the manager does not show any concern when you make a compliant. I do not know how this store can continue to stay in business. They will sell you seconds or defective merchandise and when you return it for a refund they want to charge you 15% for restocking. Overall it’s probablly JUNK from china......Had I been told it was aftermarket junk “on sale” I would not have shopped in this store."

Rating 8/104/5

"I am shocked at all the negative reviews. I wanted a shredder and found one that got pretty decent reviews. OfficeMax had the lowest price of anyone on line and they were charging me tax but shipping was FREE so it was just like driving around to do retail without burning the gas and getting disgusted with lines. I place the order late in the day on Sept. 6, the box was on my door step the evening of Sept. 8. The only thing I am not thrilled about was

1) In oversized shipping box with no packing material and could get crushed but it didn't.

2) No packing list inside

3) Left on my doorstep without signature. (I did not waive the signature)

Otherwise, fast fulfillment and great pricing. Twenty bucks less than most competitors.

"Worst shopping experience ever! Stay away from them. On Aug 09th I ordered 4 Bubble wrap rolls and I should have received 2 more for free. The next day, 2 Rolls arrived.Only 1 day, not that bad. The problem is that I had to wait until Aug 20 to have the other 4 but not before having called them 4 times. The most comic thing was that the customer care sent me via email a scanned version of the carrier log where there was my wife's signature and insisted that the order was correctly delivered. Unfortunately they did not pay attention to the number of items delivered that was 2 and not 6!
Definitely my first and last online purchase with them.

"I saw an excellent deal on a refurbished HP icore-5 laptop and ordered online on the night of July 27,2010. After waiting a week I called Office Max and they told me the computer was with UPS. Checking the UPS website it said that "Billing Information Received" and I thought that it meant that delivery would be soon. About Tuesday last week(Aug 3) after not receiving the package I again called up Officemax and was told that it probably was recently shipped or will ship very soon from one of their warehouses and that the package will arrive AT THE LATEST on Monday, Aug 9, 2010. This Monday morning I called up Officemax and they said that the package was with UPS. I then decided to call a person at UPS who told me that they had NOT YET RECEIVED the item and that the "Billing Information Received" comment meant that Officemax notified UPS of their intention to ship a package but UPS was still waiting for the package. Curious I went online to check my credit card statement and it showed that Officemax charged my card $488.26 on July 30 and then gave me a credit on Aug 1 for $488.26. So with this info I called up Officemax again they told me that the item was damaged during shipment and had to be returned. BUT THEY NEVER BOTHERED TO INFORM ME. After hearing this I told the Officemax person to forget that I even ordered from them and that I will purchase my computer from Costco! "

"On 6/11/2010, I ordered several HP ink cartridges from OfficeMax.com, using a combination of MaxPerks reward points and a credit card to pay for same. On June 15, I received an email saying the order had shipped. However, the carrier they used does not provide tracking numbers or an ETA, so you have to stick a delivery waiver to your front door every day. After 10 days, I called customer service and they put a trace on the order. They said the order had not been delivered (like I didn't know that) and that I would receive a credit in the form of a mailed check. The customer service supervisor I spoke to initially refused to accept a call from me or to return call requests left on her voice mail. I just wanted to know why the order wasn't delivered.

The interesting thing is that this was the second time I had ordered online from OfficeMax. The first time, in March 2010, the exact same sequence of events occurred and it took over two weeks to get my check (I am now at 12 days and counting).

In my experience, STAY AWAY FROM THESE CLOWNS. I am 0 for 2 in receiving merchandise ordered and they do not proactively follow-up on orders, leaving that to the customer. They say that items have shipped (from Philadelphia PA all the way to Richmond VA, about 200 miles) but I doubt they have, they provide no tracking or ETA information (can't track something that hasn't shipped), assume all is fine unless the customer complains, take 48 hours to tell you what you already know, refuse to provide additional explanations, and make you wait over two weeks for a refund. So unless you want to order something you will never get and have your money tied up for a month while nothing happens, STAY AWAY FROM THESE CLOWNS. I won't even spend money in their stores anymore because I refuse to encourage stupidity; the world has enough as it is.

"DO NOT TOUCH THEM!! STAY AWAY FROM THESE THIEVES.

I ordered a logitech mouse for a great price and after waiting a week i called them up to get status they told me it got lost with the carrier, so i asked them to send me a new one instead, so they said its on backorder, i went and checked again on the site i saw the price was with 25 dollars more when.

It took for them 15 days to credit me back and when they did credit me back they deducted $7 for shipping charges (for an item which has not even shipped).

"A year ago I made an order with OfficeMax.. after ordering, the site was updated to say that the item was on back order. Weeks literally passed, and I never received the order. I never received any cancellation emails.

Anyhow, I placed an order for a netbook this past Memorial Day weekend. Again, after placing the order, I checked the status to see it on back order. I quickly called Office Max to cancel the order, and upon confirmation of the cancellation, ordered a netbook from another retailer for a little more $.

Unfortunately, on 6/3, I received an email telling me my order had shipped. According to OfficeMax, I have to return the item to a store; the closest one is 50 miles away. The other netbook had already shipped, so I'm stuck as the victim of a crappy company with bad customer support. Never again.

Rating 4/102/5

"i ordered 2 of "Toshiba 500GB USB 2.0 External drive" they cancelled the order due to typographical error. Wasted my time."

"This outfit is completely out of control. They offered a free item with free shipping. When the order was placed, they accepted it and sent a confirmation email. Now they claim that the item is discontinued, but to find that out, I had to try to track the order.

They didn't have the decency to send an email, stating that the item is unavailable.

There is a law firm in this area that would just love to sink their fangs in this outfit.

A more appropriate name for them is "Awful Max".

"On March 8 I placed order for Zebra G-301 Gel Refill for amount of $141.10. After 2.5 weeks I contacted officemax.com customer service to check the status. I received email from them - after researching this missing merchandise with the carrier we have found that the items were not delivered. Your order has been cancelled and refund applied to your credit card.
Now is April 14 and I still not get refund. I contacted my Amex card to get my money back. This is the worst company I had deal. I highly suggest that you stay away from this company.

"I ordered a digital camera and memory card which was supposed to come with a free printer. I received a confirmation email confirming my order and date of shipment. What I got was a "compression camisole" in size 1X. I called the company as soon as it was received. I then got a email stating because I had "mispicked," the camera was no longer in stock, and she listed all the requirements for returning the item before they would credit my refund. I spent hours on the phone trying to get this straight. I followed their instructions exactly and returned both the camisole and the printer. Several days later, I received the same identical camisole in the original mailing bag returned in the box the printer was in. They had opened the mailing bag, but put it in the box the printer was in. They had taken the printer out. I'm never ordering online from Office Max again. "

"Do not buy from this reseller. I purchased a "new" Belkin router. What I received was clearly not a new unit. The unit did not arrive in shrink wrap. There was an "inspection" form in the box, which showed someone inspected the unit one day prior to shipping - it clearly was not inspected by the manufacturer. The unit was pagkaged in a way that showed it was either a return, and/or a refurb unit. The unit was a version 2. Per Belkin, V3 has been out for months. The unit had quick start instructions - but there was writing on the instructions from the prior owner. Upon checking, the writing was a Belkin 800 number for support, and the other number was a 12 digit Belkin problem ticket number. The unit did not operate correctly. Do not buy from this reseller. "