Office MaxCoupons

"I use Office Max almost exclusively for office supplies for my business. Their selection is huge. They also give me a discount of anywhere from 10% to 60% for my business. I haven't had to order any electronics or computer hardware. I also haven't had to return anything. Any time an item was missing from an order, it was because it was shipping from a different location and it arrived shortly thereafter. They must take extra time in prepping orders because the orders aren't shipped immediately. I expect this, though, and plan accordingly. I will continue to shop with them."

"The Sales Specialist, Fernando Rodriguez, went out of his way to assist in returning a bad printer, purchasing a better printer, etc. I was treated like I was the most important customer they could have. My highest compliment to him, and the Store Manager, Chad."

"In the store they act as though the customer is either blind or they will steal everything in sight as they are right there if one is handicapped but the minute the handicapped person has paid for the merchandise there is no offer of help in getting the purchase to a vehicle, especially with large bulky items even if they might be light weight. One item was on the coupob sale list, I received one cent off. I wonder can the store really afford that? "

"Ordered a monitor and laptop backpack on 8/1, received back pack within 2 business days and never received notification that monitor was on back order. I called and asked when my monitor would be delivered, customer service said they are on back order but should have in at end of week. I received a phone call from office max the following monday stating monitor was on back order and would not be delivered until the end of August if not sooner. I called at the end of that week and the customer servicer person said they just received the shipment from manufacture and they would ship on Monday. I called on Tuesday and they stated they haven't received the order from manufacture yet, but confirmed it would be delivered the following day. So, I once again called on that Thursday and they said once again that it is due in Friday and they would ship out on Monday and I would have it no later than the following Tuesday 8/23. I received a voicemail on Friday that the item is still backordered from the manufacture and would not be in until mid september. I call on Monday morning and the customer service person I spoke to confirmed this, so I cancelled the order. He provided me with a cancellation number, so I was happy and then I went to a local electronics store and purchased a monitor. Now on 8/23 I went to check the status of my previous order and it showed the monitor has shipped, so I called and the customer service person stated the cancellation was just a request and the item shipped before it cancelled. So, now I already have the new monitor and they shipped on to me as well. So, I have to now return that item they have shipped. I will never do any business with OfficeMax, I've always used them before for personal and business over Staples, until this horrible customer service."

"I bought System Shield Antivirus in office max blaine on 5/19/2011. At home I found out that the box is ever open before because it had 2 layers of tape to sealed the box that the 1st layer is already cut off (somebody resealed it by put another tape on the top of opened sealed tape). They make it so neat, you can not see it until you try to open the box. I didnt really care about it until I found the envelope that contains the disc is also already opened and the registration key was gone and the disc showed some horrible scrathes. I bring the product back to office max and the cashier/customer service didn't accept my explanantion, treat me like I was lying, and I am so upset and she called her manager and the manager finally accepting back "that bad product" without charge me fee only because the cashier mentioned to him that I will replace/exchange "that bad product", not to cancel the transaction. Be aware if you try to buy something from this company!!! (the employee is nice before you buy their product, but once you returned the product "that have problem" they will treat you like you are lying!!! It is supposed they feel bad because sell "bad product" but they able to make customer feel bad. Its supposed They have to make sure that the product that they sell is in good condition before treat people like a liar. "

modified review This review was modified by Rin_Ma on June 07 2011 07:37:23 PM

"incredible how retarded office max is here in homestead florida.

ordered a desk $727.00... associate messed up the order... "cancelled" it. and reordered the desk.. i check the bank account and im charged twice!.. ok no problem ill go to the store agaijn and go speak to the manager right? WRONG! he "cancels" one of the orders... week later no merchandise and still in defecit of two purchases. i bought it on 2-19-2011 office max tells me they will refund my money on 03-15-2011. WHAT!!!!!! how hard is it to cancel a freaking order and refund my money. they say. "sir you have to wait for the merchandise to come to your house. call us. we will pick it up and refund you the money" ok so WHEN THE H**L is the merchandise coming!!!!!!!!!!!! they are all retarded.. all i wanted was an office desk... dont waste your time guys. trust me.

"good service, good product for home or small bussiness"

"After reading the reviews i see that the horrible service with office max seems to be commonplace. I too ordered a desk, on the first day it was supposed to arrive and recieving no call from them, i called. they told me they needed more address info, i gave it to them. Monday when it still had not arrived i called again and found that no one updated my account, but it would be there tuesday. tuesday came and went, so i figured out on my own who the shipper was and contacted them. Supposedly some bonehead not only botched my address but cancelled half my order! it is weds night and still no package. I have absolutly zero faith the fing thing will ever show up. I will never use them again for even a paper clip. They can apologize well, but do nothing else to take care of a customer, can anyone say discount. And what good would a discount do if i never see the desk. i would give them nagative stars if i could. It is amazing they stay in buisness. maybe i should wait till it arrives and send it back and waste there time and money like they have done to me"

"I ordered a laptop from OfficeMax.com with the promise that the item will be delivered within 1-3 days. 4 days after the order was placed, the package was still not received. I emailed and also called OfficeMax support but they couldn't give me a clear answer or track the exact position of my order. They are really good in apologizing and promising but with no results. I called and emailed them every day ( 8 days) and the answer was always the same, we apologize for the delay and the laptop will be received in max 48 hours.

After 13 days I was finally contacted by the delivery company - bad news:)
"Recently you submitted an inquiry on invoice 827276827. After researching with the carrier we have found the items were not delivered and are being returned to our warehouse.
A credit will be issued to your account once these items have been received by our warehouse. At this time you may replace your order following your company's guidelines.
Thank you for your patience in this matter. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Kevin
Contact Center Expeditor"

I waited 14 days for nothing - not sure even if my money will be refunded! In that case I will contact BBB and open a chargeback for sure!

"WOW WOW WOW WOW Worst experience of my life the customer service on there end was terrible.

I ordered a desk a week later i call asking where it is. My reply was its on backorder. So i go ahead and tell the lady to cancel my order. i receive a email saying the order has been cancelled. 2 days later i get a email saying my order has been shipped and i see my card has been charged. I refused pickup and had to deal with a terrible customer service people. My next step is to go ahead and file a chargeback.

MY advise is spare your self the headache and dont order from office max theres a reason they have a 1 star rating on this site.

ITS CAUSE THEY SUCK!!!!!!!!

"Here's a review for all those who like to make their purchases online... DON'T!!! I ordered a laptop and was excited when I learned it had been shipped. When I opened the box ... apparently a dishonest shipping employee had replaced my laptop with two reams of paper!!! All indications in speaking to their customer service rep was that the laptop was shipped. But all I got was paper .... and no packing slip which led me to believe it was no mistake. End result... I had to get it charged back thru my credit card company. This company obviously has internal problems and I would think again about placing an online order!!!"

"OK, Wife really wanted a Sony laptop. OfficeMax had this awesome offer for Sony 15.5" , silvery white body and Intel's i5-450 processor. This was an online only deal with price well below normal price.. Rating for office max at resellers rating is way too low so I decided not to buy however wife'd not listen (LOL!) so we called Office max if that product is available. Linda@officemax spoke to us and was very helpful told that it is available at Chicago warehouse . We were delighted to know and then ordered the laptop in 5 minutes on that Saturday. Until Monday evening there was no update, CC charges were pending. I was going to call OfficeMax on Tuesday when I saw the much awaited email, ORDER shipped at 3am. The shipper came the same afternoon to deliver the laptop but we were not present. Called and scheduled to pickup at DE warehouse on Wednesday morning 7AM which wasn't a hassle. Those people at DE were friendly. Thanks to them. We picked up the laptop and used it for a week. It is working perfectly fine and I think I got best deal and very fast free shipping from office Max. I will buy again from this vendor.

Thanks!

"The company has a horrible return policy! Purchased an item, it was defective within 3 days of purchase, when returning item with receipt in hand on 4th day - they said I must pay a 15% restocking fee because the item was opened. Even though the item is defective! Do not purchase here unless you understand there return policy. "

"I bought Lexmark printer last week. Brand new based on what the rep said. I brought it back in today to return because my nephew gave me spare one. Ashley (Store Manager - CA Beach Blvd and Edinger)came out and stated box was open and charge me for re-stocking fee. I assured her that the box has never been open since I bought them. If it was, the store sold me the open box item. She said that she won't have time to argue with me but it's ok ... not charging for re-stocking fee. I told her specifically that it's not ok when you made a customer feel like they're lying. Then she openned the box to check items and walked away without explaination of her wrong judgement.

It brought to my attention that OfficeMax has sold me open box, charged me for brand new and store manager didn't not even recognize their own re-packaging.

I bought this printer first time at OfficeMax. Of course, it will be the last time ever. Wasted of time and got cheated by OfficeMax.

"When I called 1-800 number to place order, the rep didn't bother to ask me where I wanted the order to be sent to. Instead, he entered me home address (billing address) stored in computer system. I gave him the shipping addtress, but the computer system did not allow the change. I used $55 MaxPerk reward. If I chnage or cancel the order, I have to wait 4-6 weeks to receive the credit. I contacted Office Max customer service and spoke to two managers. Both wouldn't either change shipping address or credit back my reward immediately. My daughter was waiting for the order (printer) and I want to use this $55 toward the order. It is very frustraing to negotiate with the managers. Finally I give up and will never ever order anything from Office Max 1-800 number. But I have to say staff in local store are very heplful and knowledgable. It is my favourite office supply store."

modified review This review was modified by Cindy in CA on October 04 2010 11:05:29 AM

Office Max is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Office Max is not a merchant member
Office Max does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!