Goedeker's Reviews - page 4 - goedekers.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Write a review »
Rating 6.67/10 454 reviews

Goedeker's is not a merchant member
Goedeker's does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"AWFUL experience with them. Stay away.

We were doing a renovation, and ordered a refrigerator, dishwasher and above-range exhaust fan/hood from them. Good prices, and an easy shopping experience online.

The shipping was slow, and the company I had to deal with was difficult to schedule for last mile delivery. Having done so and gotten the contractor who was going to do the work on our house to be there (which cost me, but they couldn't give me a time window that would let me be there for only part of the day, and the cost was less than the value of a day's vacation), they delivered the order and pushed for only external inspection. "If it's unscratched, what could be the problem?"

When he actually went to install three days later, the dishwasher was broken. The motor was just hanging off. Clearly, it had been through a major drop, as the foot was driven through the housing. But they wouldn't accept responsibility, while the delivery people said it was fine when they delivered it. This damage is not visible from the outside, and the thing arrives sealed.

It would take another month to get a replacement. They offered to find a repair facility near here that would do a repair in about two weeks. After the difficulty getting it, followed by another delay with installing it and the buck passing I've seen in response to a customer problem, I've decided to pay the restocking fee and return it just so I never have to deal with them again.

Oh, and the logon they made me create so I could see my invoice online doesn't give me access to the invoice, since I wasn't logged in when I placed the order. This is one of many problems I've had with their web site. The shipping page was down, so I didn't know the delivery time frame. The login changed, so I can't find my order. If you're going to be an internet retailer, it helps if your web site doesn't suck.

They're charging me to return something that arrived broken. And I'm willing to pay a fee to get them out of my life. What does that tell you?

Price is a good thing to compete on, and they do that. But it turns out that in a renovation project costing over $50,000, you're a fool if you shop to try to save $1,000 on your appliances. You need someone local who can do the work locally and deliver quickly. And if you're not renovating, you're replacing most likely because your appliance is broken. If that's the case, their shipping is too slow for your needs.

So if you're doing a renovation, don't use them. If you've got a broken appliance, don't use them. Other than that, of course, I'm sure they're fine...

I hate these guys.

modified review This review was modified by RonZucker on January 15 2013 12:19:51 PM

Rating 8/104/5

"The variance in breadth of customer response on this review site is odd and somewhat confusing. It seems to be totally binary – either awesome or terrible. Maybe there are a few bad-eggs in the customer service department? Or maybe some of the purchasers didn’t have appropriate expectations for the timing for delivery (which is in my mind is Goedeker’s job to explain if it is atypical of common or expected online practices). Anyway I guess I was lucky in that the sales person I spoke with initially appropriately set my expectations (though I did get some of that marketing fluff when I called back and spoke to someone else…”our average delivery time…” just tell me when I’m getting the item and don’t provide vague answers or generalizations…consumers are not idiots).

I somehow got lucky and eventually connected with Chelsea in customer service. She was AMAZING and stayed in touch via email throughout the entire transaction all the way through to delivery (several weeks and many emails). Even when the JBHunt delivery team damaged the initial item, had to remove it and replace it with a new one. Chelsea was on top of the process from beginning to end, provided relevant updates, and worked with the delivery company to fix some damage that occurred during initial delivery. The level of customer service was quite unusual and completely unexpected (READ: amazing). I actually felt as if someone was helping me further the process and making my life easier (shocking, right?) Especially as most of my recent online shopping experiences have involved customer service departments out sourced half way around the world. Seriously, I’d shop with Goedekers again purely on the amazing customer service experience I had. That said it seems from some of the other feedback that there have been issues that others experienced which didn’t have quite so rosy an outcome. I did notice that it appears that the company does proactively respond to each and every comment both positive and negative, which would lead me to believe that they are working to get any kinks out of their order processing.

Rating 8/104/5

"Everything arrived as promised and I am very Pleased!

There were a few small communication issues, but some of the very nice team members such as Kim and Dave at Goedeker's helped me out and proved to be very friendly. I would recommend and order from them again!

Thank you Goedeker's!

"Ordered a Samsung top load washer and a Samsung dryer. It cost much less than anywhere local and tax free and free shipping was a definite plus. My wife loves them. The only thing that could have been better was a notice of shipment before it arrived."

"Ordered a GE Profile Range for Christmas with fingers crossed. Had checked out prices locally but the price quoted was to good to pass up. Had some misgivings at first looking at some of the feedback,but there are plenty of good ones also. As time went by called back and spoke with Lisa, Nathan, and Kelsy as to delivery time with answer of-just call back in a few days. Started to be concerned but being Christmas I was told by a dealer here that it takes him two to three weeks compared to his two day normal deliverly. Felt the Christmas cookies were not going to be baked on this range so e-mailed Goedeker's and Sara responded and assured me that GE was slow filling order. A few days later she sent me the shipping schedule. RLCarriers called and delivered on Jan 2. No damage, nice people to deal with. I installed the Range the next day and we are Happily enjoying the Christmas cookies now. We like all the capabilities of this range. Even with a little longer delivery we will give Goedeker's another look at when we need another appliance. I feel like Sara was the person contacting the correct people to get the order moving.Thanks."

"I was very pleased with the experience of buying from Goedeker's. I did a lot of Web and store searching for the lowest price during the Sale season. I feel I could not have gotten a lower price on the Samsung (RF4287 HARS) 28 cu. ft. Refrigerator. (The best Refrigerator in my opinion) I used the "White Glove Delivery". Refrigerator was delivered on-time and put in our Kitchen and the old Refrigerator taken away. Goedeker's will be on-top of my list of places to buy my next appliance. "

"Sara provided customer service for a samsung refrigerator we purchased. She was very helpful, thoughtful, and went the extra mile which made all the difference. She provided us better customer service than the reps with samsung did."

modified review This review was modified by Onurb44 on January 04 2013 10:36:34 AM

"Simply put...GREAT!! Price, delivery, quality! I will buy from Goedeckers again...and again..."

"We were so pleased with the extra mile of service! I was purchasing a refrigerator for my senior citizen parents. The sales rep did not run the sale until she could confirm delivery prior to Christmas. She then called me back to confirm that delivery would be on time and that she had processed the order. I had already researched this model all over the internet and this was the best price with free delivery! I also paid for the Kid Glove service and the delivery was perfect. All the way into the kitchen, carefully, I might add, and then they took away the packing materials. "

"Ordered a GE wall oven for several hundred $ less than any other online or physical store. Read and understood the shipping process. All went as agreed, no problems. The oven is installed and working. no issues at all."

"After you read the reviews, make sure you understand that 4 to 6 weeks means 4 to 6 weeks. I'm willing to wait to get that wholesale discount. You cannot beat the pricing anywhere. There are many reviews written and said they were dissatisfied with the shipping. They replied saying; they did not receive the product in a timely matter. If you read the company’s postings, they inform you that you are getting the product from the manufacture. I’m a teacher, so I understand manufactures may have the product out-of-stock. This means, you need to be proactive and communicate with Goedekers. Don’t blame them for the manufacture. You need to understand you are the middleman. You don't have to have a store to stock the items, nor have a show room. This is a sweet deal because you get to cut out that middleman. You are the middleman with Goedekers. Back to pricing, No one can beat these prices. I showed Sears, Best Buy, and a local company where none of them would match the pricing. As it goes, it's sorry to be them in today’s world, because companies like this one are popping up everywhere online. Also, if you get the extended warranty then you can complain to Goedekers. If don't, don’t even start from the beginning like you will see in many reviews. That means, don't complain if you don’t get it (it can be…). When you order, just think of yourself as Sears or Best buy. Then you will not be disappointed. Great American business! Great communication and they will show that there is hope in the USA. Just read their philosophy. Ordered double oven, microwave with accessories, and downdraft oven on Black Friday (Over $1100 in savings with free ship) and received it on 12/21/2012. About 4 weeks. Nice!"

modified review This review was modified by 4t8production on December 27 2012 04:25:56 PM

"Will never ever shop with them again. Ordered a brand new rather expensive GE stackable laundry center. Had it one day- horrible product only to be told- now that it is out of box- there would be an over $400 restock fee PLUS shipping back to them- it would cost me over half the new price of my GE laundry center to get rid of the inferior product. They DO NOT stand behind their products. Regret ever shopping with them. Now stuck with a brand new product we hate and can not return due to very high restock and shipping fee. DO NOT SHOP WITH THEM! WARNING!! HORRIBLE customer service. "

"I am pleased with the items ordered from Goedeker's. Items were shipped sooner than promised and emails were sent to update the process."

"We are absolutely delighted with our new Samsung refrigerator from Goedecker's. The support of their staff kept us well informed of our product delivery. The "Final Mile" delivery that they provided was excellent. The delivery guys were true professionals. Goedecker's definitely contributed in a major way to our happy holidays! "

"My wife and I will never be using this company in the future. There were numerous mistakes made during the process and it took over 3 months to get the correct appliances we ordered. Additionally, we were highly disappointed with their handling of the issues and any sense of urgency. Again, there are much better online retailers than this with better customer service."