Product & services pricing Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.25/10 0.25/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.25/10 0.25/10

"This past Christmas, I received an 8 " Heat reclaimer. I am very pleased with the Magic Heat, because after I mounted it in the 8" pipe, it performed beautifully, and increases the overall comfort in my work area. I highly reccomend this Heat reclaimer to anyone who burns wood. Its great!"

"Terrible customer service. Returned an item purchased for in-store delivery (never even took it from the store), and still haven't received a refund more than a month later. Customer service said it's because the headquarters have to receive it back from the store before the refund is made. This apparently means I paid nearly $500 and have to wait months to have my money returned. Would never purchase anything from this company again."

"Just found a gift card from about a year ago, $100 value. Tried to purchase something online and was told by customer service that their "promotional"gift cards, such as those obtained by redeeming credit card points, are only valid for 6 months. This policy is not stated on the back of their card, nor is it stated that this gift card somehow does differ from a normal gift card that you actually purchase thru them. THIS IS A SCAM, I SAY, AND I WILL TAKE MY BUSINESS NEEDS ELSEWHERE. MY COMPANY EXPENDS ROUGHLY $100 K PER YEAR IN TOOL COSTS. WE'LL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN AND WILL TELL ALL MY BUSINESS CONTACTS TO DO SAME."

"I ordered an air compressor for my husband on Dec. 12th and so that he would not see the item, I had it shipped to the closest store for pick up. Shipping states it would take 5-7 business days to ship to TX. I checked on my order today to find it is still in "pending" status. Called to find out the reason why as the cost of the purchase was already showing held from my checking account. I was told that they place a "hold" on the funds first for a day or so to make sure there is no fraud, then whenever a truck is available to make the next delivery to the store, my item will be shipped......WHAT????? I ordered this in plenty of time, had the cash in my account and NOW they are telling me it will get to the store sometime after Christmas!!!! Cancelled order and advised my bank that Northern Tool is not to receive funds. I will be more than happy to take my business and money elsewhere as will my family and friends. What an underhanded way to do business....well at least they will not get any more business from me!!"

"Ordered a Makita LCT300W cordless 3 piece combo kit which Northern had listed on the Amazon site. They would not honor the advertised price and cancelled the order."

"Poor quality product, much sourced from China and poorly made. I tried a retail store and they wanted to see identification for a credit card transaction of 12 dollars in violation of merchant agreement. Card is signed and valid, my bank says asking for ID improper. They also want a telephone number for a retail sale, I don't provide those.

I returned all the items after she put the transaction through with a made up phone number.

They also sell inhumane glue traps.

20 ounce DietCoke priced at $1.79, much higher than even 7-Eleven.

"Once again I've had a good experience with Northern Tool. I bought a defective air stapler which they promptly replaced and paid for shipping the original tool back to them."

"We've ordered from Norhtern Tool several times and have always been pleased. "

"Expect strong resistance at the retail stores on returns and exchanges.

Expect to encounter resistance and unpublished special terms and conditions with their "low price guarantee. (See catalog order section)

"i returned my purchase and they never provided me with credit. they refuse to send me back my stuff. they stole from me.

you can reach vice president of customer service direct at 612-859-4987.

"Product arrived with broken plastics. Called manufacturer, no response. Called Northern Tools,...they said will call me... already passed 3 weeks and nothing. I wish I could write a review about the product, but I couldn't use it yet. I can only review the bad service from Northern Tools and Campbell.
This is the second time I have problems buying tools from this website. Now I learnt...I will never buy again.

"Absolutely irresponsible company. Placed an order month and half ago when item was in stock. Still have not received my order as it is backordered now. ETA - November."

"This place is ridiculous, ordered a seeder on 7-9-10, took them till the 14th to send an email saying they where shipping it with a tracking number. I kept checking the tracking and UPS only showed billing info received and no product received. Called them the 17th they called UPS and said that they done something wrong in the warehouse, I told the lady to cancel it, she said she would. From looking at the reviews here I bet they send it anyway and I will refuse it, probably never get my money out the douchebags..."

"This was my first experience with Northern Tool and it was a good one. I can honestly say that this is the absolute best tech support I have ever received. "

"Charged my credit card, but never shipped my order. They cancelled it without ever notifying me. A horrible company to do business with. "

Northern Tool + Equipment Catalog Co. is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Northern Tool + Equipment Catalog Co. is not a merchant member
Northern Tool + Equipment Catalog Co. does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!