• Address: 13240 Amar Rd
    • Customer Support: 626-968-9860
    • Business Hours: 12:00pm - 7:00pm Mon-Friday
    • Fax: 626-968-9830

Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"DON'T EVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!!! They are terrible. If you ever want to return an item, forget it, you will be stuck with it. They will not return items, they will not get back with you, you will not be able to contact them by phone, email, etc.... JUST DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM UNLESS YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR MONEY. Trust me, you will regret it if you do. They are thieves!"

"Horrible company. Received a incomplete, broken
1/10 off road buggy. Bought this for my
Little brother for Christmas. Now I have to
Explain to him why his brand new gift isnt working.

NO response from this crap company.
I spent 200 dollars and now another 45 dollars
On parts plus 35 for shipping.

I pray everyday that this company goes bankrupt
And their families starve

"Nitrorcx sucks i ordered a drift king with led for $169 and it was broken the body was cracked and it did not drive. I would not order from them"

"**** SCAMMERS **** SCAMMERS **** SCAMMERS **** Everyone should report this business to the BBB . It is sickening to see businesses like this one give other good businesses a bad name . How can this many people have this many bad experiences and this place still be able to operate . I have painstakenly read the reviews and cant add anything to what has already been said. Tech ticket-doesnt work, Email-doesnt work, Help line-doesnt work, Sales line-answered after very long hold times but guess what? Yep you guessed it, CANT HELP. So what can you do??? Take up drinking!!! Beat your head against the wall!!! Hope that state falls into the ocean!!! Maybe with any luck that business will finally disappear...."

"I ordered a Rock Crawler, electric remote car for my Grandson. On my grandson's first visit this May, 2 weeks after I received this car it worked for 2 days and died. The box looked like it had been opened and used. Nitro RCX sent me a servo to fix it, but it didn't. I sent the car back, $30 shipping, it comes back and only worked 2 days. By this time the warranty is up. I have ordered another $35 in parts and it still doesn't work. I have called customer service 8 times, usually there is a 1 1/2 to 2 hour wait. Most of the techs are rude. My grandson is without the car he wanted so. "

"I've been very pleased with NitroRCX. I purchased a 1/10 Brushless PRO Exceed Sunfire and then made another purchase of a battery charger, an extra battery, and toolkit. Yes, I had to do some online research to find out how to fix a setting on the speed controller and yes, I had to order a replacement part--BUT that's the nature of real RC vehicles, and making repairs and modifications, and learning about how everything works is a satisfying part of the experience. I found their prices to be great, the ordering process easy, and their customer service was responsive and friendly (both through LivePerson chat and asynchronous help ticket). I love all of the instructional videos that they have on YouTube. I find the videos have answered just about every question I had and also indicate how committed the company is to its products."

"Car was damaged when recieved. nitro rcx claims i have to pay shipping for parts to fix the car.How does that work? Worst customer service i have ever had to deal with. "

"I have made two seperate purchases. I got two Mad Torque 1/8th's then a Max Stone 1/8th. Let me start out by saying both products are great for the money. I have a bad ESC in one of the Mad Torques. It has taken almost a month and still have not gotten the replacement part yet from them. I have E-mailed them and they responed with E-mail they would ship out the part,Then I called their service tech line. Afer a 1/2hr wait on hold I got to talk with a guy and he said they had to order the part it was expected to arrive today and would ship out tomorrow, then I finally got on the chat line when it was up "which is rare" and talked to Scott. He said he seen the previous conversations on my order history and didn't know why the ESC had not shipped yet but would get it out yet that day. Still no ESC a week later. I have once again E-mailed them requesting a tracking number or an RMA to send back the truck. "I have not heard from them yet!!!! Like I said I love the rock crawlers but the customer service sucks. If you can find the Exceed 1/8th crawlers at a different site definitly buy them they are great."

"I have never been so disgusted with a company in my life! We ordered a 1/16 brushless truck along with a spare battery and a camera for my son for Christmas. It's the only thing he asked for. I placed the order on 11/29/10. On 11/30, I received both an order confirmation and a UPS tracking number. On 12/7, more than a week later, I received an email stating that the truck was out of stock and would be shipped in 4-6 weeks. They would ship the battery and the camera unless I responded to the email to cancel the order. I called and spoke to someone who very nicely offered to ship the truck when it came in stock (isn't that the problem--I can't wait 4-6 weeks for a "Santa" present!). If they'd notified me right away that it was out of stock, I could have chosen another product; by the time they notified me, everything was out of stock.

So I emailed, still on 12/7, and requested that the entire order be cancelled and my money refunded (they charged me in full the day I placed the order, which should always be your first warning sign--reputable companies don't charge until they ship). I did not receive the camera or battery and considered the matter concluded--they clearly got my email requesting they not ship the items. I found another awesome company and got a fantastic product for my son for Christmas.

Last Thursday, 1/20/11, my truck arrived!! Then I checked my credit card statement (my bad for not doing it sooner) and realized they never refunded my money. So I called again. As others have stated repeatedly on here, I held--at my long distance expense--repeatedly while "Charlie" talked to his supervisor over and over and over again. What's the issue here? Send me a prepaid postage label, I'll ship the truck back, and you give me a refund. This is not difficult at all!

Charlie gets nasty with me when I tell him I'm not covering shipping, teling me that the policy is clearly stated on their website that they don't pay shipping costs. I said that's perfectly understandable if they shipped it to me and then I changed my mind. But I clearly cancelled the order, via email, to the email address they requested. Therefore, the shipment is their mistake, and I will not pay return postage. More back and forth with the "supervisor." I finally told Charlie that if they didn't send me a label, I would contact my credit card company and the BBB. Charlie then told me they'd send the label by EOB Friday with a stern and hostile note that they don't normally do that sort of thing. While on the phone, he sent an RMA, and I confirmed that I had received it (thereby verifying that they do have my correct email address).

As I'm sure you've guessed by now,I did not receive the label. This morning, I sent an email indicating that if I did not receive the label by EOB today (45 minutes from now with no response yet), I would contact my credit card company, my attorney, and the BBB first thing tomorrow morning. Guess I'll be wasting a lot of time on the phone tomorrow.

Buyers be warned: As you can see from these reviews, if your product arrives properly and is in good working order, all will be right with your world. But if you have any problems whatsoever, there is not a single polite employee at this company who cares whatsoever. They will do nothing to accomodate you or fix their own mistakes. They are nasty, rude, and downright condescending at times. They will flat-out lie or simply hang up on you just to get you off the phone. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. There's an excellent chance you will live to regret it.

modified review This review was modified by campingmom on January 25 2011 06:32:50 AM

"We ordered a gas powered RC car for Christmas for my son. It didn't work and their service is non-existent. We have called over 40 times -- the line is busy, we have emailed for two weeks with no response. I am extremely unhappy. We have used these cars before and know how they work, so we're not rookies. I would expect them to stand by their product."

"I think NitroRCX is the consumers biggest rip off artist ever encountered. I encourage you to look into goole and see all the crap others are going through just like me. Start at the bottom and read all the lies and non responses in my e-mails to them.

You’ve called me before with no problems. It’s 702-242-5950. Please have an owner or manager call me.

Sent: Friday, December 31, 2010 9:56 AM
Subject: Re: Refund of Product

Dear Byron,

We've been trying to contact you with the telephone number on your profile and so far have no success. Please provide us with a number where we can contact you.

Sincerely,

NitroRCX.com

Sent: Fri, December 31, 2010 8:10:57 AM
Subject: RE: Refund of Product

Still waiting for a response.

Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 2010 9:06 AM
Subject: RE: Refund of Product

I’m still waiting for a response. It’s been over a week since I requested a refund. I can’t understand how a company can have such horrible customer service. Be responsible and respond will you? I want to correspond with an owner. This is crap the way you treat people.

Sent: Monday, December 27, 2010 1:33 PM

Charles,

I have not heard back from you on my response below. I would like to put this behind me as I have a very busy schedule as do you. Who is the owner of Nitro? I would like to correspond with an owner or manager that can approve my correspondence below please. I look forward to your response.

Thank you.

Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2010 6:49 PM

Charles,

With the problems we have had with this car and still having (break issue noted below was not addressed in your response) I accept your offer for a refund. I have attached a copy of the original invoice, a copy of the shipping invoice, and supplies list needed to run the car from a local hobby store. The shipping cost for the first return is $19.39. My assumption is the shipping cost will be the same for this return. I have compiled the total refund cost as purchased in sequence noted below:

1. Original purchase, starter kit, tax and shipping (See attached invoice)- $161.76
2. Items purchased to run and maintain car (See attached receipt)- $ 45.91
3. 1st shipping to fix defective car (See attached receipt)- $ 19.39
4. Repair cost charged by Nitro that did not fix problem with car- $ 75.10
5. This return shipping cost- $ 19.39
Total Reimbursement $321.55

Before I return the car, I need clarification on how this reimbursement sequence of events will occur.

a. Please respond to this e-mail as confirmation of agreement to the refund amount.
b. What assurances do I have from you I will receive this refund after you have received the car? I only ask this question due to the 2 broken promises from your company to replace the car and not repair it.
c. What is the time frame to receive the reimbursement check?
d. Once both parties have concluded the transaction, we both agree to absolve each other from any further actions in this matter.
e. Will you provide me with an RMA number?

I look forward to your response.

Respectfully,

Sent: Monday, December 20, 2010 5:41 PM
Subject: Re: NitroRCX Order

Byron,

We left the carborateur hole open so we did not damage the clutch. All you have to do is close the carborateur to about a mm opening. We are sorry for the inconvienence, if you are still not satisfied with the product we can have you send it back in for a refund.

Sincerely,
Charles

NitroRCX.com

Sent: Sun, December 19, 2010 10:10:54 AM
To Nitro,

As you know, I have been contesting that the car we purchased was defective. That the car throttle jambs in the wide open position yet you would not believe me and outright called me a liar on the phone. I have attached one of several videos showing the car with the throttle stuck in the wide open position. Keep in mind, this is straight out of the box and how you sent me the car back after supposedly repairing and testing the car. Notice the hand remote throttle is sitting on the table behind me so no one is even touching it as the cars throttle is stuck. I also have video showing the car breaks do not work. Due to the other videos exceeding 30 seconds on my cell phone, we are going to Verizon to have them put on disc so I can forward them to you as well. I always have contested the breaks did not work as well and between the throttle sticking wide open and the breaks not working, that is why the car crashed in the first place. I am now officially requesting a full refund for every cent I have spent on this car. Your refusal to fully refund my money will result in me sending these videos to the Better Business Bureau and to an attorney in which we will end up in small claims court. I have documented each e-mail, dated and written each conversation we have had on the phone as evidence of your refusal to cooperate in resolving this issue. Again, neither of us have the time or desire to do this legal nonsense but I will pursue legal avenues if necessary. I await your response.

Respectfully,

Sent: Monday, December 13, 2010 6:38 PM
Subject: RE: NitroRCX Order

Why has no one bothered to respond to my e-mail? I am so frustrated that your customer service is so horrible. My child is wondering where her car is. Take some responsibility will you and do the right thing.

Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2010 6:06 PM
Subject: RE: NitroRCX Order

To whom ever I am e-mailing (I requested a name so I know who I’m dealing with)

Please read the attached e-mail below really carefully (in red font). This is an excerpt from an e-mail I received from you on December 7th.

-----Original Message-----
From: sales@nitrorcx.com
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2010 4:42 PM
Subject: NitroRCX Order

Dear Customer,

This email is regarding NitroRCX order number

after inspecting your car we have come to the decision that the car will be
repaired and not replaced. it will be $40 for labor plus whatever the cost
of the parts are. pelase advise as to how to proceed

NitroRCX

Above you say you have inspected it as of Dec. 7th. Below (in red font) I received this e-mail from you today, Dec. 8th, saying you have not inspected it yet. What kind of scam are you guys trying to run here. It’s obvious you have not looked at this car yet as stated from an e-mail from your own company yet you said you did inspect it and found nothing wrong with it and want to charge me for it. How can you charge me for something you have not even tested yet to see if it was defective? Explain this to me!!! As far as your comment why would Michael say such a thing, ask him, he’s the one who made the commitment. The day I talked to him, I sat on hold for 20 minutes while he talked to his superiors then came back on the line and told me that was the decision made. If you would like, I could produce the phone bill showing my time on the phone. I would really like to resolve this in a civil manner without having to involve the Better Business Bureau (with copies of these e-mails), an attorney and all the crap you and I do not have time to deal with. Let’s just get this done. How much are you anticipating this costing?

________________________________________

Hey Byron we still have your car here with us. We haven't been able to test it out yet and see what went wrong. We'll try and update you once we're able to figure out where the problem occurred.

Sent: Mon, December 6, 2010 9:07:05 PM
Subject: RE:

Sent: Monday, December 06, 2010 7:41 PM
Subject: Re: Shipping - Just in Time for Christmas

i do apologize for any inconveniences you may have come across. can you please provide me with your order number so i can look further into it, see whats going on, and get the car back out to you? again, i do apologize for any issues you have encountered, but i would be more than happy to help you out and get it resolved as soon as possible.

From: "byron
To: sales@nitrorcx.com
Sent: Mon, December 6, 2010 6:36:26 PM
Subject: RE:

This is my 3rd e-mail requesting status of our car we sent in a month ago. Where the hell is the car. It says 10 days below. Why will nobody respond. What kind of company won't respond to a customer that has a child wanting to know where their car is. You sure take the time to send me e-mails asking me to spend more money but won’t respond to customers after they have already given you money. Get your act together and respond. WHERE IS THE CAR.

From: sales@nitrorcx.cp20.com

Industry California 91746
United States

Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2010 5:04 PM
Subject: Re: NitroRCX Order

Why would Michael offer to replace and repair the car FOR FREE if it wasn't a defective item? If it wasn't defective that means the car was crashed and damaged by the user and it's not something that we should cover. You're trying to say that no matter what happened or the state of the car before you drove it, Michael is just going to give you a new car. Sorry but that is not something we do. The only way we can fix this car for free is if the car was indeed defective upon arrival. If you don't want to pay for repairs we can ship the car back to you and you can try to fix the car on your own. Get back to us and let us know where you'd like to go from here.

To: sales@nitrorcx.com
Sent: Tue, December 7, 2010 6:36:21 PM
Subject: RE: NitroRCX Order

Absolutely not. I personally spoke with Michael and he assures me that if
the car was determined to be defective, it would be replaced and if not, it
would be repaired AT NO COST TO US. I am holding Michael to his word on
this. This car malfunctioned no matter what you say. I will accept the
repairs but will not be willing to pay for it only because Michael assured
me there would be no charge not matter what the results of the inspection of
the car turned up. I would also like to know the name of the person I am
communicating with. Please respond.

"Great Car! Fast and shipped in excelent condition !

nice job NitroRcx

"Retailer has great prices and very fast shipping. The product I purchased was exactly as advertised and half the price of other stores."

"It's a real pleasure dealing with nitrorcx. They are reliable and provide good online service. The crawler that I purchased
had minor defect and they actually going to ship me the defective part after my feedback online.
They offer good price and value for the rc items..
Why wait, go ahead and order today......

"My kids love this stuff. Would like to shop few more items from this seller."

NitroRCX.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

NitroRCX.com is not a merchant member
NitroRCX.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!