Store Information Store Info
  • Rating 7.19/10 3,343 reviews

NCIX.com is a merchant member
    NCIX.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,877 merchant members.
  • NCIX.com contact information

Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.93/10 6.93/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.41/10 7.41/10

All 3,523 Customer Reviews

"I have shopped at NCIX for several years and my level of satisfaction is very good. I have bought online, from store or pickup from store. Any issues I have had have been fixed.
The price are usually competitive.

"Do not order from NCIX. Their prices are great, but if there is a problem with your order, you are screwed.

I received my video card broken. I attempted to return it three weeks ago. Instead, my return was canceled and my problem was forwarded to tech support. They decided to find a solution with the manufacturer and informed me that they would have a resolution in two days. That was 11 days ago. I have not heard from them at all.

I don't understand why, when confirming that my video card was broken, they did not accept a return and resolve the problem by themselves. I am now stuck with a broken video card with an expired rebate and no contact from customer service.

So buyers beware: NCIX is a great retailer if and only if you never need to contact customer service.

"I bought a linksys wifi extender from their Coquitlam store that didn't work and they would't take it back. I would never shop from them again. There are much better products and deals online that have better customer service. Their whole operation is a joke."

modified review reply posted Nov-25-2013

ncix.com, NCIX.com rep has responded

“Hi Luke,

You tried to return the repeater 2 months after you purchased it, our warranty on all items is 30 days which is also the industry standard. We tried to reach out to you before this posting went live to make an exception, however we did not hear back from you.

If you would like to get in touch with us regarding this, please open a support ticket here http://secure1.ncix.com/message/ with your invoice number and we'll be in touch.

Sincerely,
NCIX.com”

Rating 4/102/5

"This is quite long, if you want the summary skip to the TL;DR at the bottom:

I placed an order for 2 items from NCIX-US on October 20th. I received the first item on October 30th and (almost a month later) I have yet to receive the second.

My order was processed the 21st and I received a somewhat confusing shipping email on the 23rd which claimed that "my order had shipped!" in the subject line but that both items were backordered and would not ship until new stock arrived in the body. I called customer service who indicated that my case had in fact shipped, but my video card was backordered until the 26th or 28th (I can't quite remember because this estimated date changed every single time I called customer service). I felt misled, especially considering their website clearly indicated that both items were in stock at the time of purchase and for at least a week afterwards, but the service representatives were cordial and sympathetic and offered to upgrade my shipping to 2-day air and notify me when my order had shipped, so I was satisfied.

I continued to check back regularly for updates while the estimated ship date of my video card continued to be pushed back. The 30th rolled around with no delivery in sight so, because I was preparing to move to a different state, I had NCIX change the shipping address for my video card. The service reps quickly and easily updated my shipping address after confirming my new billing address with the credit card company. Problem solved, or so I thought.

My card finally shipped on the 6th and was delivered on the 11th (UPS has great 2-day shipping) to the address where I no longer lived. Evidently NCIX gave them the wrong shipping address. You might ask why I didn't catch that the card was being shipped to the wrong address? Because the customer service representatives first assured me that I would receive an email update when the card shipped (which didn't happen), then they assured me that they would send me a tracking number personally (which also didn't happen), and then because the response to the online support ticket I submitted was spam-filtered (as I discovered sifting through my email to write this review). In the end, I only found out that my card had been delivered after another call to customer service.

It's been a week since the card was delivered to the wrong address and despite being assured that I would be updated constantly whenever any new information was available, I have had to make yet more calls to customer service to find out that their "supplier is requesting a tracer with UPS in search of this package," and be assured again that they will be in touch when they have an update. I asked if they could send a video card to my actual address while UPS attempts to recover the first one, and they told me that would not possible. Evidently I have to wait for the first one to be recovered, returned to NCIX, then mailed to my actual address.

I understand that my package is mostly out of NCIX's hands at the moment and I would normally be fine waiting for UPS to do their thing, but delivery has taken so long that I might no longer qualify for my mail-in-rebate. I submitted another ticket regarding this issue and will most likely hear back on Monday (because despite their many failings they usually manage to respond to support requests in a fairly timely manner).

Frustrating doesn't begin to describe my experience thus far, and this issue is far from resolved. I will plan on posting updates when everything is settled, but for now I would urge buyers to look elsewhere if they expect to receive their order within a reasonable time frame.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Update: My ticket wasn't answered for a week, however, after posting this review, I was promptly contacted by a different customer service rep. They quickly shipped me a video card which arrived on November 27th. In addition they came up with a solution to guarantee that I would receive the full value of my rebate.

It is unfortunate that NCIX isn't willing to offer such quality service until after their online ratings have been damaged. That being said, Harley Hutton resolved my issue well and has somewhat salvaged my opinion of the company.

TL;DR: Good price, not-so-good service. Might consider them again if I have an itch to spend a lot of time on the phone with customer service and won't be needing my order to arrive for a month or two.

P.S. If you have an issue that can't be resolved, post it here.

"I ran into several hurdles while ordering my parts: credit card mishaps, delayed pick-up to faulty redemption codes and NCIX couldn't have done a better job in helping me out. Every step along the way with quick responses and flawless service they guided me to solutions. They made my experience easy and helped me fully. Fantastic, reliable and fair company. I would recommend in a heartbeat."

"First time customer of NCIX. My experience was great though. I ordered a Graphics Card and it shipped pretty much right after I ordered and arrived the next day. There was some slight confusion in my order, but I got to speak with Adrian who provided amazing and excellent service. A couple of tickets to clarify things and a phone call and everything was right as rain again. Very happy with their service and prices. Would definitely buy from them again. "

Mack_Jigger's Avatar
3rd Rock from the SUN

"HI, ordered a very simple combo-box of a wired keyboard plus a wired mouse. Ordered on Oct 19th, paid 10 min later on Paypal and it was delivered through Purolator on the 22nd at around 15:00 in perfect condition.

Connected both items on a W7 and of course, being from the same family, plug&play installed it without a hitch. BTW, I was also kind of tired of having to buy Double-A batteries. So for me, it's back to the old days of wired mouse & keyboard ;-)

All in all, I would honestly promote NCIX to my family and friends based on this transaction. Absolutely painless.

"Have had alot of great experiences dealing with this Reseller. Will Russell has been my sales rep and he does a great job of getting back to me at lighting speed and my product shows up on time and ships quickly. I couldn't ask for better customer service. Thanks"

Rating 8/104/5

"I have made several orders with NCIX and can confidently say that their prices and shipping procedures are top-notch. On my most recent order I did have one minor issue (never received the promo code for a free game that came with my video card) and this was where things got a little more bittersweet.

The procedures NCIX have put in place for customer issues are incredibly time-consuming and frustrating. Their customer care staff, however, are amazing (at least the one I dealt with).

After a phone call and two support tickets I was starting to feel like I was getting the run-around, but eventually I got through to Megan who improved my experience significantly. She was extremely helpful and even expedited my ticket upon learning of my frustration. She got me the code I was missing within minutes (a process that was initially going to take several more days). To be honest, the only reason I'm even writing this review is in the hopes that NCIX gives her some sort of recognition for her work, because excellent customer service is becoming all too rare a commodity these days.

NCIX: keep hiring great people like Megan, but make it less painful for your customers to get through to them.

"I've had nothing but great experiences with NCIX. They are quick, professional and efficient. So far, I've had the pleasure of dealing with Billy, Desmond, Adrian W. and Leadthaniel Le. They have always left me satisfied at the very least and for this reason I am always glad to do business with them."

Rating 8/104/5

"I attempted to apply a 2 y/o credit note and was told it had expired, but Tina from Customer Service did an awesome job in sorting things out for me! Thanks NCIX! "

Rating 4/102/5

"I ordered the package(18/OCT) and paid specifically for Canada post xpress shipping. It was a PSU and wanted to it as fast as possible to use my pc.

They just randomly switched the courier and service without notifying me, giving me a bunch of headaches and delays.
I called and apparently another one can't be sent until the shipment is delivered or sent back to them and arrives there, and they can't refund it before that either. Dissatisfied with the whole thing, I decided to cancel the order.

Later on I get an email and a call from a manager, about this complaint, apologizing and promising to send one right away. I send back an email of confirmation for the shipment and the.Now the expected date for it's arrival is the 28/OCT.

Is that better?well, yes, rather than the first reaction I got, they now acknowledged their mistake, said they pinpointed the issue, promised they made sure it won't happen again and did something about it by sending another one on the right courier without any shipping charges.

Would I order from them again or recommend them? The fact that I am receiving my PSU which I needed urgently 10 days after the order was placed doesn't make me happy at all. However, the fact that the issue was at least handled and dealt with makes me go from 1 star to 2 and a half. I would be reluctant to buy something that I need urgently from them being afraid of the same issue( and if the same thing happens twice, I will just put a seal on the whole shop and not bother with them again). I 'might' sometime in the future if I needed, order something not so urgent and if it goes with any issue I might feel a bit more comfortable about ordering from them; but for now, it's just feels too fresh to try and order more after all the fuss

"Hey this is maverick, just want to say when I called you guys about an order cancellation, Megan Crawford who was on the phone with me last Tuesday I believe was very good and patient with me on the phone. she was also a very big help with me completing my order. I was going to actually buy it on amazon and I also saved money with you guys because Megan sounded cool calm and collective on the phone which gave me time to look at things. so a big thanks"

"It had been a few years since my last PC build and after finally deciding to purchase, I went with NCIX for my parts.

Shipping was pretty quick and the prices were among the cheapest in Canada. (I think the video card (280x) was the only thing cheaper elsewhere by 10 bucks ).

I had issues with the plugging the CPU (i5-4670k) into my new Mobo (ASUS Maximus Impact 6). The issue was I'm a tool and a bent about 9 pins.

I RMA'd back to NCIX who said they couldn't cover it because I'm incompetent (my words obviously), but they'd go to bat for me with ASUS.

A few days later, ASUS agreed to cover it.

I'm very impressed that they cared enough to help me out with what was clearly my problem.

Billy was my account rep at NCIX. Thx Billy! Thx NCIX! Thx Asus! Screw you Intel for making manufacturers put pins on the mobo. ;P

"very dissatisfied that i asked one simple thing, no signature required

they told me on the phone, that they would not require a signature.

then they did.

simple. concise, i was willing to give them written release of liability for this even.

then when dealing with customer service all i got was a bunch of pre written junk scrips, and or broken web links.

i mean this is from a pc super store, you would think they would be able to at least give you reasonable web links.

so now i will no longer do business with NCIX if possible.