Product & services pricing Rating 3.13/10 3.13/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.88/10 6.88/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.63/10 5.63/10

"I ordered three items from Music123.com. The shipping wasn't fast, but that turned out to be the least of my problems. When I received the three items (an electronic drum cymbal, a clamping arm to attach it, and a small accessory), they were in a large box with absolutely no packing material at all. No bubble wrap, paper, styrofoam, or air-filled bladders at all. Knowing how UPS treats its packages, I immediately called for a return and full refund. It took them almost 24 hours to email me the return shipping label, and that's after an initial estimate that I'd receive the label via email "in an hour or less". I had to call back three times to get the label. I've yet to see the refund, but the items are still in transit back to their warehouse.

I've ordered countless things from widely different sources on the internet, and have *never* seen something less professionally packed, even on eBay!

There's no way in hell I'd ever even consider ordering from this site again. Stay away!

"Waited over one week for order to ship and it never did. Canceled order. There are too many more reliable on-line music stores. No need to buy from Music123 again."

modified review This review was modified by mfd14534 on November 24 2009 12:21:58 PM

" I bought a guitar from Music123.com on August of 2007. As part of the promo for signing up with their Music123 Card, it was stated that an additional 10% will be deducted from my purchase price after 60 days. In addition, Music123 has a price match guarantee that lasts for 45 days. Now, I have found a merchant that sells the guitar for about $40 less. I promptly called Music123 about this (this was way before the 45 day time period) and they readily deducted the difference from my account.
Months passed. In December of that year, I checked my account and noticed that the 10% off was still not reflected. I called up Music123 and they made me call HSBC to fix it. Now HSBC claimed that I need to call Music123 for this. I called up music123 again, and now they claimed that the 10% was already awarded to me!!! Upon further investigation, they thought the price match they granted WAS the 10% discount. Now, they promised to contact HSBC about this and resolve it. They also promised to call me back about it. They did not keep their word. This went on for a few months till I got tired of it and gave up. I did call HSBC again in the meantime, and surprise surprise, they referred me back to Music123.
Now, I was very dissatisfied with this transaction. But I did buy from them again. I am very disgusted with HSBC for one. I think I will never use my Music123 card again

"On June15, purchased several items online with order total above US$ 2000.00. Very late shipment. As of today, June 19, only 1 of 7 items has been shiped. Items listed as In Stock are not and need to be backordered. Orders above a certain dollar amount require a call to customer service from your billing phone line to verify, delaying the order processing further. No on-line tracking for most items, only the item of an order that ships first. Contradictory statements as to availability and shiping dates from customer service. Will avoid using this company in the future. Compared to other online outlets, these folks have no business selling online. Dealing with them is like a trip back to the 1970s.
As Music123 was unable to specify a delivery date, wound up cancelling the entire order before receiving any partial shipments. Was told by customer service rep that I'll be refunded the entire purchase amount as soon as they receive the items back from UPS.

modified review This review was modified by JosefG on July 02 2008 07:51:04 AM

"I ordered some tuning slide grease that I noticed was on backorder.

About a month after placing my order and not receiving it, I sent an email to see where it was and tell them that I needed my order soon or would need to cancel. The reply I received made I recieved made it appear that they failed to read my email as all they said was they'd ship it when it was in stock, which they thought would be another month.

"I placed an order with music123.com on 04/18/08 and the item was backordered. After the item was shown to be back in stock for about 7 to 10 days I emailed music123.com and asked them to ship my order. When the order arrived it was the wrong item. I returned the item and when I received the replacement it was the wrong item again.

I called customer service AGAIN and explained the problem. I was told I would receive a $10.00 in store credit for my gasoline and time spent running to the local UPS store TWICE now. I was told to watch the return item and as soon as it started to track the correct item would be shipped RED LABEL (next day air). Well mistakes happen and if all of what customer service told me had been true I wouldn't be spending my time typing this. Is the item music123 shipped me the 3rd time the correct item?

Well, I sure don't know because it was not shipped next day air it was shipped USPS 1st class. Hummm... not even express mail. The worst part is music123 could care less. Mistakes I can handle. I will not do business with a company that lies to me. Yes, I called to complain and was not even offered an apology. They can take their $10.00 store credit and shove it. I will never spend another cent with music123.com. It was after my problem with them I started searching the net and finding all the problems others have had with that company. music123.com = bad business. BTW music123.com is offering an awards program (which is why I was buying some stuff from them) where you get 100 points for each dollar you spend. at 125,000 points you have enough points to get a $25.00 gift card. I should have over 130,000 points but they are so behind in the record keping I only show 20,100 points. The other points are still "pending" By no longer doing business with music123.com I will lose $25.00 and the $10.00 credit they said they would give me. However, like I said I will not do business with a company that lies to me. I keep putting music123.com in this post so maybe the search engines will pick it up better.

Maybe someone about to order and searches the web will see how music123.com treats their customers. If the pickups are not the correct ones this time I'll get a refund. If the order had not been shipped or had I known I was being lied to I would have canceled the order.
Run Forrest Run.....

"I'm dissatisfied with how they handle refunds! I ordered a guitar (Jasmine) 79.99, Guitar picks, and Tuner totaling to $112.79 (including tax). At that time any order >$100 was free shipping so I was not charged shipping. The guitar was on back order and did not restock soon enough so I decided to cancel the Jasmine and go with an Epiphone of exact same price. They canceled my Jasmine, refunded me the $79.99 but then charged me shipping and retaxed me totaling $16.42 for the Epiphone. I called their customer service 2x in the past month and they both agreed that I should have not been charged shipping and retaxed because 1) This was already part of a freeshipping order and 2) They already taxed me on the initial order. First time I called the rep said "Okay i see the problem, I will refund you the $16.42. Weeks later never got it. Called second time, different rep saw the error and said sure I will get the $16.42 refunded immediately. Third time I called, the rep did not agree with the first 2 reps about giving me back the $16.42. She said that the Epiphone was considered a different order. Why would it be a different order???? I called them on the phone telling them that I no longer wanted to wait on the Jasmine and decided to change the guitar to the Epiphone of exact same price. Why treat it as a separate order?? It was just a matter of changing the guitar ordered originally! The reps are inconsistent with their facts & promises. I want my full $16.42 back!! Not just the shipping that I got charged with but also the tax amount I was already charged in the initial order. When I asked the third rep why they don't keep records of customer conversations in order to keep track of issues for future calls of same complaint she simply said "Whatever..""

"I made an order for a blemished drumset, a great deal it was. It arrived in a timely manner, but was unfortunately missing key parts to put it together. I called and customer service was very nice and polite, but couldn't do much to help other than say to send it back. They did pay for the return shipping and refunded my credit quickly. I was disappointed in the drum set, but they handled the matter very well and professionally. Maybe they are getting better."

"What can I say?...I got $75 off a Blackheart Guitar Amplifier Head and Cabinet with a great promotion at Music123...I am a bit confused to their shipping methods, but great deal!!...Jim"

modified review This review was modified by jimsi777 on February 18 2008 08:29:58 PM

"I pre-ordered a Gibson Robot Guitar at their store on 1-11-08. Received a email verifying my purchase. Checking my order status showed "approved order". On 1-14, I emailed customer support asking for status, and received no reply. On 1-15, called their customer support, who said there was a problem with my credit card. My credit card company said there was no problem, that no order had been placed. Called customer support back, and after holding for 10 minutes, was told that they took more orders than they actually had product to fill them, and in truth, that was the hold up. There was no contact from them to me about this order, nor was it updated to show any problem on their web site. This is a horrible way to do business. They must take their business model from the airlines. Don't buy from these people."

"Ordered a guitar from music 123 on Dec 27 and received it promptly on Jan 3 using standard shipping. I was unable to track the shipment online as no UPS tracking number was provided. I requested tracking info by email and recieved a very slow response (recieved on 1/6) after the item arrived. This would have been a great experience except for not being able to track the shipment."

Texas

"I've ordered several times from here, the first being in October of 2007. The site listed 1 cable out of stock when I ordered it, after placing the order I got a backorder notice that 2 cables I ordered were out of stock. I was a little irked, but wasn't in a hurry to received them so this didn't really bother me. Shipping took a few days longer than I expected but I got everything that was in stock within a couple of weeks. In late December they had a sale going and I decided to give them another shot. I placed orders on a Sunday and Tuesday and all items except one that was backordered were received on Friday. Their shipping seems to have gotten a lot quicker than the last time I ordered. One thing that I didn't like was every shipping notice I received had a link to a tracking number, none of these have ever worked... so I've never been able to track any of my orders. Since I've found the site they seem to have good sales and coupons here. This is the one thing that made me come back. I will still do business here despite the tracking number problems I've had. "

modified review This review was modified by ozzytx on December 28 2007 10:48:18 PM

" I am quite frustrated by my experience with Music123. I ordered a turn table two weeks before Christmas fully expecting that it would arrive in time for the holiday, since the order stated that it would be shipped in 3-7 days. It wasn't until the 18th, that I got an email stating that my order was back ordered and therefore wouldn't be shipped until who knows when. I went on the site and saw no reason or evidence for this anywhere. It said my item was in stock, and I even went through the ordering process again up until payment and was not made aware of it being on back order at any point. I emailed to request clarification that day and heard nothing back from them until YESTERDAY (Dec. 26th). I even called them and sat on hold for over 15 minutes without ever reaching anybody. My item did not ship until Dec. 22nd and, because they waited so long to tell me that it was back ordered, I was left without the option of ordering it from somewhere else. Needless to say, it didn't arrive by Christmas and I am left with a bitter taste in my mouth from not hearing back from anybody with any sort of decent explanation (the only response to my inquiry was to confirm that it had indeed been shipped on the 22nd, which I already knew by this point). Also, once it had shipped, I went to try to track it, but they do not provide a tracking number so you can't actually watch its progress. I will not be ordering anything from them again. If they had made me aware of the back order at the time of purchasing or even responded to me in a relatively reasonable amount of time, it might be a different story, but I'm not okay with giving anymore of my money to a company with such poor customer service."

"I placed an order at Music123 on 12/17/2007 for a product with 2-day shipping in hopes of getting this product before Christmas. The next day, the order was approved, but was not shipped.

12/20/2007
Order had not yet shipped, so I emailed customer support. They did not respond. Their support phone # wouldn't go through.

12/24/2007
Order had not yet shipped, emailed customer support. They did not respond. Their support phone # wouldn't go through.

12/26/2007
Order not shipped, no response from customer support. Their support phone # wouldn't go through.

12/27/2007
I called and got through to customer support via phone. Music123 informed me that they canceled my order on 12/18/2007 because the product was not in stock. They apologized for not informing me and offered to sell me other products.

It is ridiculous that I had to wait 10 days to hear that my order was canceled. I cannot and will not do business with this company again. I was unable to contact them for over a week. I suggest you steer clear from this company.

Jeff

modified review This review was modified by ext114 on December 27 2007 02:10:38 PM

"*** WARNING: DO NOT BUY FROM THIS RETAILER ***

Ordered and paid for new and when I got my confirmation it said refurbished I contacted them and it took 6 days to get a reply they said I would get a new one and after 1 week the item still hadn't shipped. The email said they were waiting for more stock and it would be sent right as soon as they get the item in stock. I told them to cancel my order right away. They said the item still might be shipped to me as they now had the item. They ended up refunding my money before shipping it but 6 days to answer an email is unacceptable and not informing me of the item being out of stock and holding my money till they get more is wrong.

Music123.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Music123.com is not a merchant member
Music123.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!