Stores > Music123.com

• Music123.com

2009-07-30

"Placed an order for band shoes on July 1st ,my freshman son needed them on July 31st (tomorrow). On the Music123 site it said that there was 10-12 day backorder on them. That still gave me plenty of time. So, I placed the order. 3 Weeks later I still hadn't heard anything, no shipping notice, no communication at all from Music123. I called them and spoke with a very surly young lady who kept insisting that she "had nothing to do with what it said on the website". She couldn't give me any information at all about my order and her only response was to offer to E-mail her supervisor. When I received the supervisor's E-mail the next day it was a form letter stating that the marching shoes were on backorder and that Music123 "is in constant communication with their suppliers". ( How about some communication to the customer??!) No explanation or estimated ship date were given.
I haven't heard anything since that E-mail and cancelled the order today. This means that I now have to scramble to find these shoes as fast as possible, with the added cost of having them shipped overnight.
Do NOT order from Music123, NO communication and you will NOT receive your order.
Oh, I paid with Paypal, so Music123 has had my money for a month now!

2009-07-15

"This is, by far, the worst company to work with. The delivery was delayed for several weeks and the item was not sent until I called to inquire. The item sent was a used model rather than the new one I ordered. It was defective (electronics did not work). When I sent it back they agreed to send a shipping label, which they never did. I sent it at my own expense. They claimed to have credited the shipping fee, but they have not. they have also not credited my account for the purchase price, three weeks after the defective item was received by them (UPS tracking data). They have a great variety of excuses, including, "we are backed up", "we just switched computer systems". I will never do business with this company again."

2009-06-22

"A+! The test of an online merchant is not routine sales, but how they respond when there's a problem.

These guys were great! I purchased a $20 tuner/metronome that failed after 10 days. Called on a Sunday, got thru to cust serv immediately. They cheerfully said, "Don't bother returning it; the shipping/handling will be more than the item value. Just toss it and we'll send you a replacement."

And they did. Their trust in me (that I wasn't trying to rip them off) increases my trust in them, and I'll definitely shop there again.

2009-05-29

"Today is June 1st. After receiving the incorrect tracking number, I received the correct tracking number and FedEx shows that the item is scheduled for delivery tomorrow 6/2/09. The Customer Service Rep seemed a little annoyed because i asked if the item was new or blemished. You cannot knock a person for asking after such crappy service. Anyone who is thinking of buying from this company BEWARE! Look at the complaints here--It is just about the same. Horrible Customer Service wrong orders shipped, insanely late deliveries and no help. BEWARE!!!!!

I had my wife purchase for me a Gallien Krueger GLX 810 Cabinet for my birthday. The information went through and they put the order under her name because the credit card was in her name in order not to "delay" shipping. What a joke! It too 7 days just to "process" the order but not 7 days to take the money! I am still waiting for the cabinet. My wife received a call on 5/27/09 stating that the cabinet will not be delivered until 6/2/09--Goes completely against their "Guaranteed Delivery" statement. Should have just paid the tax and gone to Guitar Center. The rep was wonderful in setting up the order---the rest is questionable.

This review was modified by bishopkenny on June 01 2009 09:22:58 AM

2009-04-17

"On 4/15/09 I ordered a Nady SMPS-1X Phantom Power Supply from Music123.com with UPS 2nd day shipping. Music123.com shipped my order the same day that I ordered it. The item was delivered two days later (4/17/09) as specified. Shipping was very fast and reasonable. It doesn't get any better than that. "

2009-01-31

"Ordered the Shure SCL4's on 12/22 knowing full well that they were on backorder. The problem is that people who ordered the same Shures after me were having their orders fulfilled before me. Lousy logistics at their distribution center. Finally canceled after more than a month of waiting. To their credit, they did refund quickly and without hassle. Just shop at musiciansfriend instead which is their sister company, nothing but good service from them."

This review was modified by eyeride on January 31 2009 03:29:47 PM

2008-12-30

"I ordered a $479 virtual keyboard product called Omnisphere six days before Christmas and paid 2nd day delivery to get to me well in advance.
The order never arrived.
The day after Christmas, I called customer service. They said my card didnt go through so the order was never sent. However, as he said this and tried the card, it went through. -->This card has a $10,000 limit.

2008-12-24

"Promised 2-day shipping turned out to be (at least) 6-day shipping, the day after Christmas. All items were in stock and 2-day shipping was guaranteed to arrive by 12/24 (ordered on 12/20). Delivery is scheduled for 12/26 now. Looks like Musicians' Friend is my new best friend, not Music123."

2008-12-11

"I ordered three items from Music123.com. The shipping wasn't fast, but that turned out to be the least of my problems. When I received the three items (an electronic drum cymbal, a clamping arm to attach it, and a small accessory), they were in a large box with absolutely no packing material at all. No bubble wrap, paper, styrofoam, or air-filled bladders at all. Knowing how UPS treats its packages, I immediately called for a return and full refund. It took them almost 24 hours to email me the return shipping label, and that's after an initial estimate that I'd receive the label via email "in an hour or less". I had to call back three times to get the label. I've yet to see the refund, but the items are still in transit back to their warehouse.

I've ordered countless things from widely different sources on the internet, and have *never* seen something less professionally packed, even on eBay!

There's no way in hell I'd ever even consider ordering from this site again. Stay away!

2008-11-19

"Waited over one week for order to ship and it never did. Canceled order. There are too many more reliable on-line music stores. No need to buy from Music123 again."

This review was modified by mfd14534 on November 24 2009 12:21:58 PM

2008-09-10

" I bought a guitar from Music123.com on August of 2007. As part of the promo for signing up with their Music123 Card, it was stated that an additional 10% will be deducted from my purchase price after 60 days. In addition, Music123 has a price match guarantee that lasts for 45 days. Now, I have found a merchant that sells the guitar for about $40 less. I promptly called Music123 about this (this was way before the 45 day time period) and they readily deducted the difference from my account.
Months passed. In December of that year, I checked my account and noticed that the 10% off was still not reflected. I called up Music123 and they made me call HSBC to fix it. Now HSBC claimed that I need to call Music123 for this. I called up music123 again, and now they claimed that the 10% was already awarded to me!!! Upon further investigation, they thought the price match they granted WAS the 10% discount. Now, they promised to contact HSBC about this and resolve it. They also promised to call me back about it. They did not keep their word. This went on for a few months till I got tired of it and gave up. I did call HSBC again in the meantime, and surprise surprise, they referred me back to Music123.
Now, I was very dissatisfied with this transaction. But I did buy from them again. I am very disgusted with HSBC for one. I think I will never use my Music123 card again

2008-06-19

"On June15, purchased several items online with order total above US$ 2000.00. Very late shipment. As of today, June 19, only 1 of 7 items has been shiped. Items listed as In Stock are not and need to be backordered. Orders above a certain dollar amount require a call to customer service from your billing phone line to verify, delaying the order processing further. No on-line tracking for most items, only the item of an order that ships first. Contradictory statements as to availability and shiping dates from customer service. Will avoid using this company in the future. Compared to other online outlets, these folks have no business selling online. Dealing with them is like a trip back to the 1970s.
As Music123 was unable to specify a delivery date, wound up cancelling the entire order before receiving any partial shipments. Was told by customer service rep that I'll be refunded the entire purchase amount as soon as they receive the items back from UPS.

This review was modified by JosefG on July 02 2008 07:51:04 AM

2008-06-12

"I ordered some tuning slide grease that I noticed was on backorder.

About a month after placing my order and not receiving it, I sent an email to see where it was and tell them that I needed my order soon or would need to cancel. The reply I received made I recieved made it appear that they failed to read my email as all they said was they'd ship it when it was in stock, which they thought would be another month.

2008-05-19

"I placed an order with music123.com on 04/18/08 and the item was backordered. After the item was shown to be back in stock for about 7 to 10 days I emailed music123.com and asked them to ship my order. When the order arrived it was the wrong item. I returned the item and when I received the replacement it was the wrong item again.

I called customer service AGAIN and explained the problem. I was told I would receive a $10.00 in store credit for my gasoline and time spent running to the local UPS store TWICE now. I was told to watch the return item and as soon as it started to track the correct item would be shipped RED LABEL (next day air). Well mistakes happen and if all of what customer service told me had been true I wouldn't be spending my time typing this. Is the item music123 shipped me the 3rd time the correct item?

Well, I sure don't know because it was not shipped next day air it was shipped USPS 1st class. Hummm... not even express mail. The worst part is music123 could care less. Mistakes I can handle. I will not do business with a company that lies to me. Yes, I called to complain and was not even offered an apology. They can take their $10.00 store credit and shove it. I will never spend another cent with music123.com. It was after my problem with them I started searching the net and finding all the problems others have had with that company. music123.com = bad business. BTW music123.com is offering an awards program (which is why I was buying some stuff from them) where you get 100 points for each dollar you spend. at 125,000 points you have enough points to get a $25.00 gift card. I should have over 130,000 points but they are so behind in the record keping I only show 20,100 points. The other points are still "pending" By no longer doing business with music123.com I will lose $25.00 and the $10.00 credit they said they would give me. However, like I said I will not do business with a company that lies to me. I keep putting music123.com in this post so maybe the search engines will pick it up better.

Maybe someone about to order and searches the web will see how music123.com treats their customers. If the pickups are not the correct ones this time I'll get a refund. If the order had not been shipped or had I known I was being lied to I would have canceled the order.
Run Forrest Run.....

2008-05-15

"I'm dissatisfied with how they handle refunds! I ordered a guitar (Jasmine) 79.99, Guitar picks, and Tuner totaling to $112.79 (including tax). At that time any order >$100 was free shipping so I was not charged shipping. The guitar was on back order and did not restock soon enough so I decided to cancel the Jasmine and go with an Epiphone of exact same price. They canceled my Jasmine, refunded me the $79.99 but then charged me shipping and retaxed me totaling $16.42 for the Epiphone. I called their customer service 2x in the past month and they both agreed that I should have not been charged shipping and retaxed because 1) This was already part of a freeshipping order and 2) They already taxed me on the initial order. First time I called the rep said "Okay i see the problem, I will refund you the $16.42. Weeks later never got it. Called second time, different rep saw the error and said sure I will get the $16.42 refunded immediately. Third time I called, the rep did not agree with the first 2 reps about giving me back the $16.42. She said that the Epiphone was considered a different order. Why would it be a different order???? I called them on the phone telling them that I no longer wanted to wait on the Jasmine and decided to change the guitar to the Epiphone of exact same price. Why treat it as a separate order?? It was just a matter of changing the guitar ordered originally! The reps are inconsistent with their facts & promises. I want my full $16.42 back!! Not just the shipping that I got charged with but also the tax amount I was already charged in the initial order. When I asked the third rep why they don't keep records of customer conversations in order to keep track of issues for future calls of same complaint she simply said "Whatever..""

Share Music123.com's store rating

Music123.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Music123.com is not a merchant member
Music123.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!