Music123.com Reviews - page 4 - music123.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 2.00/10 85 reviews

Music123.com is not a merchant member
Music123.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

Rating 6/103/5

"I made an order for a blemished drumset, a great deal it was. It arrived in a timely manner, but was unfortunately missing key parts to put it together. I called and customer service was very nice and polite, but couldn't do much to help other than say to send it back. They did pay for the return shipping and refunded my credit quickly. I was disappointed in the drum set, but they handled the matter very well and professionally. Maybe they are getting better."

"What can I say?...I got $75 off a Blackheart Guitar Amplifier Head and Cabinet with a great promotion at Music123...I am a bit confused to their shipping methods, but great deal!!...Jim"

modified review This review was modified by jimsi777 on February 18 2008 08:29:58 PM

"I pre-ordered a Gibson Robot Guitar at their store on 1-11-08. Received a email verifying my purchase. Checking my order status showed "approved order". On 1-14, I emailed customer support asking for status, and received no reply. On 1-15, called their customer support, who said there was a problem with my credit card. My credit card company said there was no problem, that no order had been placed. Called customer support back, and after holding for 10 minutes, was told that they took more orders than they actually had product to fill them, and in truth, that was the hold up. There was no contact from them to me about this order, nor was it updated to show any problem on their web site. This is a horrible way to do business. They must take their business model from the airlines. Don't buy from these people."

Rating 8/104/5

"Ordered a guitar from music 123 on Dec 27 and received it promptly on Jan 3 using standard shipping. I was unable to track the shipment online as no UPS tracking number was provided. I requested tracking info by email and recieved a very slow response (recieved on 1/6) after the item arrived. This would have been a great experience except for not being able to track the shipment."

Texas
Rating 8/104/5

"I've ordered several times from here, the first being in October of 2007. The site listed 1 cable out of stock when I ordered it, after placing the order I got a backorder notice that 2 cables I ordered were out of stock. I was a little irked, but wasn't in a hurry to received them so this didn't really bother me. Shipping took a few days longer than I expected but I got everything that was in stock within a couple of weeks. In late December they had a sale going and I decided to give them another shot. I placed orders on a Sunday and Tuesday and all items except one that was backordered were received on Friday. Their shipping seems to have gotten a lot quicker than the last time I ordered. One thing that I didn't like was every shipping notice I received had a link to a tracking number, none of these have ever worked... so I've never been able to track any of my orders. Since I've found the site they seem to have good sales and coupons here. This is the one thing that made me come back. I will still do business here despite the tracking number problems I've had. "

modified review This review was modified by ozzytx on December 28 2007 10:48:18 PM

" I am quite frustrated by my experience with Music123. I ordered a turn table two weeks before Christmas fully expecting that it would arrive in time for the holiday, since the order stated that it would be shipped in 3-7 days. It wasn't until the 18th, that I got an email stating that my order was back ordered and therefore wouldn't be shipped until who knows when. I went on the site and saw no reason or evidence for this anywhere. It said my item was in stock, and I even went through the ordering process again up until payment and was not made aware of it being on back order at any point. I emailed to request clarification that day and heard nothing back from them until YESTERDAY (Dec. 26th). I even called them and sat on hold for over 15 minutes without ever reaching anybody. My item did not ship until Dec. 22nd and, because they waited so long to tell me that it was back ordered, I was left without the option of ordering it from somewhere else. Needless to say, it didn't arrive by Christmas and I am left with a bitter taste in my mouth from not hearing back from anybody with any sort of decent explanation (the only response to my inquiry was to confirm that it had indeed been shipped on the 22nd, which I already knew by this point). Also, once it had shipped, I went to try to track it, but they do not provide a tracking number so you can't actually watch its progress. I will not be ordering anything from them again. If they had made me aware of the back order at the time of purchasing or even responded to me in a relatively reasonable amount of time, it might be a different story, but I'm not okay with giving anymore of my money to a company with such poor customer service."

"I placed an order at Music123 on 12/17/2007 for a product with 2-day shipping in hopes of getting this product before Christmas. The next day, the order was approved, but was not shipped.

12/20/2007
Order had not yet shipped, so I emailed customer support. They did not respond. Their support phone # wouldn't go through.

12/24/2007
Order had not yet shipped, emailed customer support. They did not respond. Their support phone # wouldn't go through.

12/26/2007
Order not shipped, no response from customer support. Their support phone # wouldn't go through.

12/27/2007
I called and got through to customer support via phone. Music123 informed me that they canceled my order on 12/18/2007 because the product was not in stock. They apologized for not informing me and offered to sell me other products.

It is ridiculous that I had to wait 10 days to hear that my order was canceled. I cannot and will not do business with this company again. I was unable to contact them for over a week. I suggest you steer clear from this company.

Jeff

modified review This review was modified by ext114 on December 27 2007 02:10:38 PM

"*** WARNING: DO NOT BUY FROM THIS RETAILER ***

Ordered and paid for new and when I got my confirmation it said refurbished I contacted them and it took 6 days to get a reply they said I would get a new one and after 1 week the item still hadn't shipped. The email said they were waiting for more stock and it would be sent right as soon as they get the item in stock. I told them to cancel my order right away. They said the item still might be shipped to me as they now had the item. They ended up refunding my money before shipping it but 6 days to answer an email is unacceptable and not informing me of the item being out of stock and holding my money till they get more is wrong.

"Don't buy from these people. They are unprofessional and dishonest. They accidentally charged my account twice and it was really a pain to get them to fix the situation. In fact, they didn't fix it, they left me with the bank overdraft charges. Don't buy from them."

"My regular online retailer (AMS) didn't have a product so I went to Music123. I had ordered from them long time ago and was happy. However this time things went really belly up. Item was listed in stock, but it took two weeks to ship out the door. Called in once to check up on it. Someone answered with attitude like: "hey, don't disturb me when I am sleeping". Item arrived, the box was previously opened, taped back together. I open the box. Item looks dirty, used. Cat hairs all over the thing. I wipe it clean and the item still looks used. Material in box such as manual also appeared to have been run over by truck. Called the service department for a full refund. They took it back.
I will avoid this retailer. Be warned.

"The worst service every. I ordered on July 21st called on the 26th to see the progress of my order. I was told that it did not even leave the warehouse yet (not to mention that 2 thing that stated they were in stock are on back order i had a total of 10 items). I spoke to a kid with little to no sales nor customer service skills to be found. He tells me that it will ship out the 30th 31st i say fine and thank you. I call back today the 1st of August and guess what??? You got it none of the items have left the warehouse. I speak to the floor manager and am told the have no clue when it will ship and that it normally takes 3-4 days to ship and has no answer why my order from the 21st hasn't left yet. I asked if there was any way to find out why and was told NO period . So I canceled my order and will go elsewhere. I suggest buying products anywhere but here. The lack of professionalisim and ability to do what they say will cost them my orders and hopefully anyone I can sway somewhere else. "

"Today is August 2nd and I still have not received my merchandise. I called the store, spoke with Eliana, item still hasn't left the warehouse yet do to warehouse move. They said it would be shipped w/i 10 days from July 23rd. They also said I should have it no later than the end of next week. We Shall SEE!!!"

modified review This review was modified by cedwardsfan on August 02 2007 09:42:22 AM
Rating 8/104/5

"I purchaed a guitar and two sets of strings from Music123.com on March 31, and on April 1 the price of the guitar dropped by $5 as part of an April sale. I called twice to try to get them to honor their 45-day price guarantee but was told each time that because the lower price was a sale price I would not receive the price match.
Also, the shipping rates are based on the order subtotal, and the strings I ordered had bumped my subtotal up into the next higher shipping category. When I found out that both sets of strings were backordered with no estimated shipping date, I cancelled the strings part of my order, but I was not refunded the shipping difference. During my second call I had to explain twice why I should receive a small shipping refund, and the customer service representative agreed to refund the difference. The customer service representatives I dealt with were both polite but incompetent.

"Item arrived quickly and in good condition even though I originally got a notification that it was backordered."

"They sent the 2 cheapest products (clarinet reeds) but I have not heard ANYTHING about the clarinet mouthpiece that I've ordered AND PAID for!! I've emailed them NUMEROUS times with NO RESPONSE! DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"