Mac of All Trades Reviews - page 3 - macofalltrades.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 9.17/10 79 reviews

Mac of All Trades is not a merchant member
Mac of All Trades does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"My mother had recently purchased a new Mac mini and was using an old keyboard and mouse that my bother gave her. She was having issues with them and was going to go and buy new ones. I told her we could probably find the same apple ones used online for less. We looked at Mac of all Trades and sure enough for $40 less we could get the wireless keyboard and mouse.

When we got them the keyboard was correct but they had shipped us the incorrect mouse that didn't work. I put new batteries in the mouse, tried connecting it to a couple computers and nothing.

So I called Mac of All Trades told them the situation and in the mail two days later was the correct mouse.

These Guys are Awesome If you are considering purchasing any used Apple products, they mac sure its in good condition, and if its not their customer service team will make it right.

"Mac of all Trades is a very good company. I work for a school that wanted to purchase 5 MacBooks and a Power Mac G5. I did some research, and found this company. I also read about them in Macworld. I saw they had a return policy, so I went ahead and placed the order. It was an awesome deal. 5 2007 Apple MacBooks for less than $2500. I also ordered a Mac Tower and Cinema Display for less than $500. The order came, and it was packaged very well. I opened up the box with the MacBooks, and saw 5 Apple MacBook Chargers. Then, I lifted those out and saw 5 clean MacBook notebooks. They had normal scratches, but all used MacBooks have those. The screens were flawless, and so were the keyboards and trackpads. I decided to check the battery conditions, and they only had about 130 cycles and had a good health status. This is awesome for a battery, and 130 cycles is way under 300 cycles (When Apple says you see less charge). This site is wonderful, and there customer service is like Apple customer service. There is really nothing wrong that I can see so far. "

"These guys are awesome. I sold my used mac mini to them; I sent it easily with no problems. They received it and tested it very quickly. They received it on a Friday (07/09) and sent a check by the following Monday, I then received the check on Wednesday (so fast all the way from FL to CA!!). I will definitely sell my next Mac to them, and tell all my friends to send to them as well. I highly recommend Mac of All Trades."

"I used my warranty for the first time, and customer service was fantastic, they not only helped me through the process of shipping and finding a replacement, but also advised me on the steps to take to recover all my information. It was a detailed process that required someone with a high level of expertise; I don't think I would have received such guidance even from Apple."

"MoAT clearly communicated the (very reasonable) price they were willing to pay, provided clear instructions on shipping, when to ship, and when to except my check after shipping, and followed through and delivered the check in a timely and professional manner. If I have to sell another Mac, I will definitely consider MoAT. Thanks!"

"Thank you for your support with this purchase. I feel like I've gotten a very good deal, and your service has been flawless. I have had difficulties, and you have been responsive and gracious in dealing with all of them. I find that to be the true test of a vendor-- you have sold me a solid product, stood behind it, and worked with me to resolve things to my satisfaction. I will highly recommend you to my friends."

"just got a simple emac for my daughter , packing was careless and foam was on everything when it arrived . Worked great for 4 days , then the harddrive crapped out . Just got a new one installed , locally , which brings the price of the unit well over the competitions . Then , after more diagnisis , discovered the logic board was also shot . Macofalltrades did refund my purchase price ( but not the almost $70 shipping fee ) . So I spent about $200 on landfill .
Not a happy customer

modified review This review was modified by jpconstruction on April 28 2010 01:14:56 PM

"I had the worst possible experience with Mac of All Trades. They sent me a lemon and would not take it back, or fix it. Two weeks after it was delivered, and after I paid $600 for it, it stopped working. I emailed them and they simply told me to take somewhere else to have it fixed... would not take it back! What kind of company motto do they have..."Buy our crap and like it". They DO NOT stand behind their product. I took it to Apple and when they tried to boot it up it made the most god awful sound... like a motorcycle starting up, then a horrible screech. It's going to cost a lot just to have the POS fixed. I should have bought a brand new one at this point. DO NOT buy from Mac of All Trades. You've been warned. -Alex"

"I ordered a black macbook from them about a month ago. I live in western new york, but it arrived in about three days. When it came, I was upset that that the notebook turned on, but didn't actually boot. The notebook looked in perfect condition however. I contacted them via email and within an hour they sent me an apology email and a fed ex label to ship it back. They fixed whatever the problem was in two days, and Fed Ex delivered it speedily to me 2 days later. When I got it back, thankfully it worked. I also noticed that the notebook came with 4gb instead of 2 like advertised, which was a nice surprise. Aside from the initial hitch, I couldn't be happier with Mac of All Trades. The people that contacted, did so in both a rapid and professional manner. The condition of the laptop looks astonishing. I was actually stupified when it didn't work, because the notebook looked as if it had never been used before. I was also really happy with the price. $650 was a very reasonable price for this notebook, especially when you take into consideration they go for $700-800 on ebay with a stock 80gb hd and 2gb ram. "

"I ordered a MacBook Pro as a Christmas gift from Mac of All Trades but ran into a problem with the credit card verification program they use not matching my address with the card, so the order was not approved. I called and talked with Chris who worked through the issue for an entire week and eventually accepted my card and sent it through manually. I am grateful to Chris and I highly recommend this company. The laptop is great by the way."

"Amazing quality, amazing customer service, amazing price. I purchased 2007 model Macbook Pro 15 from MacofAllTrades. It arrived within a week, was in the condition that the description stated, and even came with Leopard 10.5.8 instead of Tiger, which is what the website said would be loaded. I will definitely be a return customer to MacofAllTrades. Its hard to find a good reseller of mac computers online, MacofAllTrades is the best! Good Job guys!"

"I was a little apprehensive about buying a mac online sight unseen. I had read every single review I could find about Mac of All Trades. But, to be 100% honest I already knew a little about them. I used to work at an Apple Reseller in the Tampa area. I called and spoke to a very nice lady that told me they just got three of the MacBook Pro's that I was looking for in stock.

She even checked them to tell me if there were any dents. She told me they had a couple of scratches but with the age of the machines that is not uncommon. When she said there were no dents I press "Checkout".

I received the computer today 03/05/10. I am super pleased with the condition the computer is in. Not only are there no dents I couldn't even find a noticeable scratch! I am super stoked! I went ahead with the one year warranty and I can't wait to get it home and put it through it's paces!

"Once again this company continues to impress. I purchased a "scratch and dent" macbook for a good price since it was "B-stock," but it's perfect in everyway. Even the battery is exceptional, rare on a used machine. Two things: they say "no returns." Don't worry, their standards are very high. If they ship it it's perfect. It also says "ships within two business days." They ship immediately. I keep going back to this company, and send my friends there, because I am constantly not just pleased, but amazed. Good stuff for a great price with great service."

modified review This review was modified by salimbag on September 27 2010 06:42:56 PM

"The worst place on the net to do business. I ordered a mac pro from them with my credit/debit card. The order was debited to my account. I then phoned them two days later to get an exact shipping arrival date. They told me a day I wouldn't be available, since they wont let you pick up your order from FEDEX and you need to be home I wanted to speed up the delivery date, so I orderd expedited shipping for $40 more. My bank had put a fraud stolen lock on my card simply because I made this order. I didn't no, but my card was declined for the additional shipping charge. I called the bank very angry for them to do that for no reason except I used my card for a $1361. charge. They fixed it. M.A.T Promptly canceled my order even though the original charge had cleared and posted to my account. They told me I couldn't use my card unless I filled out and extensive amount of forms. I said that was ridiculous when my original charge went through. They talk to me VERY RUDE as if I was a thief and refused to accept any other form of payment from me. My bank said it was them who canceled the order. This Place SUCKS ! and I will never recommend them to any of my friends in fact If I here there name I will warn people to stay away unless you want to be treated like crap if any little thing happens in a transaction. They basically told me they didn't want my business or people like me and to go else where. I did a co called The DV Warehouse Much Much Better. "

"I've had two really good experiences with Mac of All Trades, both times as a buyer.

The first was approx 3 years ago. My sister's laptop broke and she needed a new computer cheap & fast. We had a new (to her) iMac on her desk in a week. Computer arrived in exactly the condition described and is still going strong.

The latest was a few weeks ago. I ordered a 17" MacBook Pro. Everything was handled really quickly. I got the computer on Friday and by Saturday it was clear that the logicboard was toast (a bad case of Random Shutdown Syndrome). I tried all the non-hardware fixes I could but nothing worked.

I emailed Mac of All Trades on Saturday night and had an appology and a UPS shipping label in my email by Monday morning. I nagged a few times about the credit to my card but that was processed in a totally reasonable amount of time (approx 4 business days). They even refunded the initial shipping, something I didn't ask for and consider above and beyond.

Physically the laptop was in good shape. It still had a sticker near the battery from the previous owner, a convention rental company. The power cord was a little banged up but still completely functional.

It's not Mac of All Trades' fault that Apple laptops are some of the most temperamental computers in the world. I've had problems with every mac laptop I've owned/supported (with the exception of the old Powerbook 100 back in the day). Personally, it was just a reminder that I want AppleCare with my Apple laptop so I settled for a new one with a much smaller screen.

I would order from Mac of All Trades again in a heartbeat, especially the next time I need a desktop machine and as I help family/friends upgrade to Intel Macs. Customer service was excellent.

modified review This review was modified by annet on November 16 2009 08:39:29 AM