MDofPC Reviews - mdofpc.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 4.17/10 38 reviews

MDofPC is not a merchant member
MDofPC does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"This operation is a Craigslist farce and doubt they operate under legit state/federal business licenses. They hail from the backside of a rubbish filled decrepit shack on the backroads of Coraopolis. We made the mistake of trying to save money buying used but in the end MDofPC cost us more than buying new! The first few PCs tested were on the verge of crashing. The owner took the PCs upstairs and swapped out parts. When he came back one PC worked, but none functioning proficiently. We eventually bought one after the goober sold us on how it’s last years. After getting home the internet didn’t connect and after less than a hour the PC crashed due to a rouge program. We decided then to return it for a full refund. After viewing a couple sites that indicated MDofPC was open on Saturdays we drove 2 hours to pay a visit. The cross-eyed goober of a owner stormed out of the house screaming like a 2 year old what the hell do you want and who the hell are you! We explained that he sold us a faulty laptop and we were paying a quick visit for a refund. The owner replied what the hell does this look like Best Buy! We’re not open Saturday so go away. We replied online it says your open from 9-1 on Saturday. Sorry if we inconvenienced you but we just drove 2 hours and would appreciate you taking the faulty laptop back and refunding our money we only need a couple minutes. The owner then threw a bag of trash in our direction and said that’s BS it doesn’t say that we’re open Saturday and I’m not turning on my credit card machine. We explained that if he would give PC access we could show online where it indicates he’s open and so he can update the site so other customers don’t get inconvenienced and drive out of their way. Again, he said BS and told us to come back next week. We don’t want to make a 3rd trip if you (i.e. owner) are going to play games and not offer a refund. The owners shady reply was that he’d consider doing something. Something? What does that mean since we don’t want to make another trip for nothing more than a debate. We told him we’ll just leave the laptop now and he can call next week to issue a refund. The owner said, “I wouldn’t suggest doing that if I were you.” What kind of response is this? We repeated, so you can’t take two seconds for us to hand you the laptop so you can lock it inside and call next week to issue a refund? The owners reply, what do I look like, Best Buy, I’ve got blah-blah going on right now and they wouldn’t take care of you either, oh and by the way this has never happened before. The best I may do is a charge a restocking fee plus another 15%. Right, we’re naive enough to believe that this never happened before and furthermore why should we as honest consumers pay a restocking fees for a POS PC that was sold illegitimately? Who uses these type of copout lines anyway? Sleazy, lazy, unethical businesses, that’s who! Anyway, at this point we decided it was best based on his verbal tantrum to leave the premises and take the faulty laptop to a reputable shop and pay them out of pocket to inspect and repair it. Upon doing so the reputable repair shop stated the previous party in possession of the laptop had illegally installed programs and unethically sold us what amounts to a lemon. After a couple hundred in repair bills we can only conclude that the irrational actions of the MDofPC owner, illegally installed programs, unwillingness to issue a refund, inattention to not perform pre-sale repairs, and intent to sell on faulty products results in a very poor business model. What a racket and we get it now, they sell POS PS’s, then force customers to return and pay $75 or more to repair the worthless POS they originally sold. We’ve never been so offended or treated so rudely in a customer service setting as this experience and we hope these posers go out of business very soon before they steal too much hard earned money from other honest and trusting consumers like us!"

modified review This review was modified by theman1990 on February 19 2013 11:40:34 AM

"Horrible company. Shipped me the wrong motherboard. Charged me a 15% restocking fee when I asked for a refund. Customer service seemed completely oblivious as to why this was unfair."

"My computer was in bad shape and needed to be reloaded, best buy quoted $250 to repair it but MD of PC was able to have it fixed the next day and only cost me $75"

"I got a [refurbished] Dell GX520 2GB 250GB 3.2 DVDRW with Win7Pro and Microsoft Office 2010 Pro. FOR ONLY 200 dollars. No ONE anywhere was able to even come close. The unit has been completely trouble free. After the unit came I did have some Questions and the customer service was Great.
Thanks MDofPC from Curtis in Las Vegas

"First off, the company is a single guy working out of his basement, meaning that when i spent $1000 dollars to have a "custom" computer built asap, i had to wait a week while his wife gave birth.....
Which i understand but i sent him the money first THEN was told that it would take a week or so for him to get started on building it. Unprofessional!

Secondly it took the guy 3 trys to find a motherboard that was compatible with what he was trying to build( shouldn't a professional KNOW what parts go with what before hand??)
the 3 tries with the motherboard took and EXTRA 2 weeks.
During all this time i am asking for updates and status reports from the company and only got single word or VERY monosyllabic answers, terse short, "stop bothering me" answers.

- FINALLY the computer gets here, it actually works very well, nice and fast....then.....
Bam...its stops working after a week and a half of running ti just GOES OUT. So i contact Jon @ MDofPC and am told to send it back to Penn from Las Vegas at my own expense(and oh ya, if it breaks enroute your screwed) and he will take a look.
Not having the money to ship it back i instead ask for a replacement part, which he orders. Only he ordered the cheapest power supply he could find, and it s was 10watts WEAKER than the original one he sent me.... if 640w wasnt enough then why is 630w any better???
he refused to explain that to me for a whole week, merely replying "Power supply is Enroute" to over 10 emails.

I then started asking for a refund, as the whole experience has been a tragic maddening event and i just want to do business with someone with pride in his product and business, and of course was stonewalled AGAIN. I was told"read the ToC" well i got NO ToC, not in the box or anywhere else....
All i want is a full refund, the $1000 dollar computer i bought was poorly built and has never worked as advertised, the man Jon running teh place is the rudest most arrogant SoB i have ever dealt with. He has very little knowledge about computers and will take your money before knowing if he can provide you with what you need. He is a jerk and i am taking him to court to get my money back. He has refused to refund my money, so i have no choice, all i have now is a 1000 dollar piece of plastic.
I told him to expect to hear from a lawyer, to which he just laughed and said "good luck"
He tells me he will let me return it with a 15% "restocking fee". Why should i pay 15% when it never worked right to begin with.....

What kind of a businessman treats his customers like this, its as if once he got my money he could care less. He is a swindle and a shuckster, shame on him.

Rating 8/104/5

"Whem my Pc crashed, some system & my doc files currupted. After that i had get "Recoversoft Data Rescue" & installed on my computer. This software saved me hundreds, maybe thousands, of dollars had I resorted to hard drive recovery services recommended by my PC's manufacturer. My PC had crashed unexpectedly and inexplicably. Nothing I tried was working. After exhausting all possible recovery options, I figured I'd only lose a hundred bucks if this product didn't work as advertised. It's the best $100 I've spent on software ever. Not only does it work as easily as advertised, but it recovered all of my files, documents and photos that are truly priceless. I'd recommend this product to anyone in a similar predicament."

Rating 6/103/5

"I had a hard time downloading the tax cut. I had to go and delete all previous files of tax cut so I couldn't transfer my info from last year! Once I deleted all files then it downloaded. "

"Fast response to an issue with the product. Product performed as advertised, in the end."

"Prceed with caution.  They took 4 days to finally give me my download information...and it wasn't until after I had emailed and called (no response) and then emailed AGAIN asking for my money back that they finally gave me the download info."

modified review This review was modified by anise77 on December 30 2008 11:43:47 AM

"Purchased and downloaded Presto Pro 4.0 but never received a serial #. Sent three e-mails and left a phone message but never got a response. I have now contested the Visa charge. "

"I bought winzip software online from this vendor. My order was activated immediately and i was able to download the software immediately. Their customer service is excellent, they respond to my email queries withing few minutes."

"BEWARE!!! Worst web experience I've ever had! Let's just say I got a little file with each program typically used to c%@$k software. I demanded a refund, they refused and I went to the bbb and cc company. After a long drawn out ordeal I ended up losing over $200 for something I could have gotten on a torr%$& site. I doubt the credibility of all positive reviews and highly advise all software purchases be done elsewhere. Don't try and save a little extra money if you want legitimate software. I figured the prices were high enough so they must be ok. It's amazing how a little cut and pasting on a website can fool potential buyers into a false sense of security. Again, be weary of all positive reviews, on the other hand, what could be the reason for making up such a negative review? "

"Software is bogus and all claims of being certified by Microsoft,Bizrate, etc. are all false. Check them Out! Do not order software from this site unless it it in the original manufacturers box. Even then I'd be worried. Downloaded 2 programs thinking it was a good deal. I received cracks along with the program and never received a refund despite a long ordeal with the cc company and the bbb. "

"Took my money and sent an older version of the software I had purchased. Never refunded my money and never responded to my complaints. Buried on their website is the statement that they are not selling software but rather renting it. That prevents buyers from getting support from the software company. Avoid these guys like the plague. "

"I purchased a download of a software package, and awaited a license key. Took them days to send the license key which didn't work. Their phone number never worked. The next two versions of the license key were useless. They wouldn't call me or provide any tech support. The only means of contact was through a gmail address. I hope my refund has gone through. Be very careful if you chose to deal with this on-line reseller. They are asleep at the switch, or about to go under?"