• 1
  • 2

"MDG Newmarket was unable to repair my new machine after returning it twice and paying $275. The machine never ran more than 3 days without beeping three times and turning itself off. On Oct. 18th I retained a private repairman, he replaced the inferior power supply unit and a faulty 'Corsair' memory chip. (Corsair is not on Intels recommended list). His time, a power supply unit, 2 'samsung' chips' and 404.70 later,I was up and running within two hours, and am still running. MDG's (arrogant) professionals (?)were unable to troubleshoot their own machine after two tries. Not only that they were ignorant to the point that it was impossible for their machine to have a fault---it must be me, HELLO! I don't begrudge paying the $404.70 but I am about the $275 plus 4 hours traveling time to MDG Newmarket. I acknowledge that it was 'I' who made the grave mistake of buying from MDG. I thought that purchasing their top of the line 'APTON' model I would have been safe. Buyer beware!"

"4-5 weeks ago, I bought a cool dual core vision laptop from MDG. I have read quite a bit about dual-core from Intel but I was not quite sure how I could benefit from it.

I decided to visit an MDG store outside of the GTA (Burlington) last week to see first hand what MDG had on offer.

At first, I wanted to see a horizon laptop. I soon realized after speaking with the sale representative that it was not the right computer for me. It wasn't smooth talking that convinced me either. I am not one that is easily taken for a ride. I got the distinct feeling that it did not have enough to really accomodate me.

I asked for to see the next line upwards and still remained unconvinced. After listening to the representative for a few more minutes, I decided to play around with the laptop on display that was power by intel dual core. I was literally blown away by its speed and efficiency.

I was fully expecting the sales guys to quote a price that was beyond my budget. Little did I know that the price he offered was like $200 less than what I had set a side to spend.

I could not resist. How could I? It was one heck of a deal.

I made signed papers 10 minutes later and walked out with a very powerful laptop.

Thumbs up to MDG on a really great product!

"My Experience with MDG has been filled with ups and a whole lot more downs.

I purchased my computer over the phone. The Sales Rep was great at figuring out what sort of components i need for what i would be doing with the computer, and the only up saling he did was for items i already wanted to get. So i figured this is great i tell my friends and family. My cousin and parents are now considering to purchase a computer through MDG now.....

then they get my deposit for the computer, and it all falls apart.

Sales rep tells me after my deposit is cleared i should receive my computer in 3 days. Well 3 days turned into 3 weeks.

after one week i call MDG and a customer service rep tells me that the item is being shipped that day and i should get it in 2 days. 2 days later no computer, so i call again the CSR tells me the same thing i should get it two days. Another 2 days later still no computer. This went on 2 more times. When i finally called the Sales rep back and talked to him about it, and that got me no where. Basically he got the sale and his comission probably, so what does he care. i finally talked to a CSR that said he was a supervisor and that he would look into the issue and call me back, which he did and he stated that i should for sure get my computer within 2 days and if not to call him back personally, so i figure great i'm finally getting this mess taken care of.

The 2 days go by and guess what....
NO COMPUTER

I think about changing my mind on this purchase and cancelling the order all together but of course my deposit is nonrefundable.

so i call this so called supervisor and i get his voice mail (surprise, surprise)and leave a message about how upset i am about this and to call back as soon as possible. Of course i get no call, but later that day i get a call from UPS saying that they were not able to deliver the package because there was no apartment number on the delivery form. So i call MDG AGAIN and the CSR tells me, this i could not believe, that it was MY fault because i did not give anyone my full address, which of course i know full well i did, i'm not stupid i know to include my apartment number. so we argued for 5 minutes, and she said she can get the proper information to UPS in 24 hours and i should get the computer in 2 more days, this 2 more days thing must be the main focus of their training. but instead i call UPS my self and get it straightened out.

I Get the Computer the next day the UPS guy gives me the boxes, the first box is the monitor, and yet another surprise its the WRONG monitor. so i refuse it but accept the other two boxes and call back again. I tell the CSR about this new problem, she looks into it and calls me back and apologizes for the mix up (first apology i received by the way). she says she will call back in 2 days to see if i received my proper monitor, that was 3 days ago now.

I open the boxes i did keep to make sure eveything else was correct and it was, so i hook the computer up and its working fine until i try to watch videos off the internet.

Now i have to speak to a tech agent, i know enough about computers but not enough to go messing with files and stuff like that. The agent tries walking me through the process of doing a system recovery, and of course he gets upset with me because i can't understand half the things he is saying because of his accent. So i do the recovery and i go to reinstall the software for the video card upgrade i got but the disk is cracked and useless. So i call again (at this point MDG is on my speed dial by the way) i'm told that they don't keep extra disks and they cannot send me one but i can get the software off the internet and gives me a path to get get. The path was wrong and after 30 minutes of searching i finally found it myself. and my video problem wasn't even fixed nothing changed, so i call the tech support for my internet provider they fixed it no problem (even though it was a computer issue and not an internet issue).

After all this i was not offered any kind of compensation, i did not ask for any but feel it should have been offered (i know only in a perfect world). Especially since i work graveyard and stayed up during the day waiting for a package that never came every 2 days for 3 weeks.

So in a nutshell:
Sales Reps: knowledgeable and helpful, until the sale is complete after that no point in talking to them.
Customer Serive: Absolutely BRUTAL, worst CSR's i have ever dealt with.
Tech Sup: Only spoken with them once, but was not impressed at all
Shipping and Delivery: Not sure what the problem was with shipping it, but the shipping invoice i received was dated 02/09/2006 and i did not receive the package until 02/20/2006, i'm not great at math but i'm sure that is more than 3 days.
Product: I have no Complaints its working fine, but again its only been 3 days, time will tell.

As for my cousin and my parents purchasing a computer from MDG, it isn't going to happen. I wouldn't wish my Experience with MDG upon anyone it was a complete nightmare.

modified review This review was modified by D.Gauthier on June 29 2006 08:33:51 AM

"My situation is practically identical to that of KoolKanuck. I bought a Horizon 3000LX on Dec 24/05 and instead of a Pentium 4 was given a Celeron. I also was encouraged to take the Viewsonic monitor that was $190 and had a $100 MIR on the grounds that the quality of the free upgrade was not as good. We have been doing renovations in our home and just went to get the new system up and running today (everything is still in the origial packaging) and found we had a Celeron instead of Pentium 4. Nowhere in their ad was a Celeron mentioned, or I would not have purchased this system. In fact, the ad had a big Pentium 4 logo in the upper corner. I immediately called the Kingston store where we purchased the computer and spoke with our sales rep, expecting he would tell me they would install Pentium 4 if I took the CPU back in to the store. He was very rude and basically refused to help in any way. I had purchased my first computer from this same store four years ago and had no problems, which is why I went back there this time. That turned out to be a huge mistake. MDG will never get my business again, and I will make sure to inform anyone I can of their questionable practices."

modified review This review was modified by mdgsucks on January 18 2006 01:26:42 PM

"On Dec 24, 2005, I bought a Horizon 3000 Pentium 4 with HT technology (2006 model) from you at a total price of $1,470.85 (which included some components that were supposed to be free after mail in rebates).

I was supposed to get a Pentium 4 with HT technology; instead I got a Celeron processor. I was supposed to get a 19” Free Upgraded flat monitor; instead I was told I would not get the same quality and that for an additional $100, I would get a ViewSonic and would get a$100 MIR. I was supposed to get a SATA HD, instead I got an IDE. I was supposed to get a free router (after MIR); instead it cost me $45 (after a $35 MIR). I was supposed to get a free Lexmark Printer; instead I have to M.I.R. to get my $100 back. I was supposed to get a game bundle; instead I was told that I would only get a demo version. After strongly protesting, I was informed that the software will be mail out to me which they claimed head office received them on Dec 23 and was available on Dec 24, the day of my pickup.
I told them I want the original XP disc, I got backup disc.

I sent a letter to MDG to exercise my right to cancel the agreement as a result of unfair business practice(s) as described in the Consumer Protection Act 2002 and ask that the money be returned to me.

I have not receive a reply. I am not surprised because I placed 4 phone calls to the salesman and did not get a return phone call after I got really mad with the receptionist.

I want nothing to do with MDG anymore. I'm really sorry that I did not do a research on the internet before I bought from MDG

MDG Computers is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

MDG Computers is not a merchant member
MDG Computers does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!