• LensRentals.com LensRentals.com Elite Status

Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.38/10 9.38/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.38/10 9.38/10

What is this?

"The rental process was painless. One small thing though. I was considering buying the lens and found it wasn;t available. I left a note at your site asking when it might be and got no response. I did subscribe to your newsletter however so perhaps I will find the info there. I expect to use your services in the future."

"Great service. Lens was packed well. A pleasure to work with. "

"Everything went like clockwork.. Delivery and return was simple. Lens was in great shape and worked perfectly. Would recommend to anyone and will definitely rent again! "

"I wanted to extend my rental, so I followed LensRental email and 1) called customer service to request an extension, but it was a Saturday and I got voicemail, so I left a voicemail message, 2) I emailed the customer service email account listed on the website requesting an extension, I sent this email on the same Saturday.
I did not receive a response for either my email or my voicemail.
This really is unacceptable.

"Very quick, always happy with their equipment. They even contacted me to confirm prior to shipping because they noticed I was shipping to a new address."

"My camera came with a bad battery charger and since I was traveling out of the country with it and I needed to extend my trip, I ended up having to pay for a camera that I could barely use for twice as long as I originally had rented it. I was able to charge the camera using a USB cable, but was barely able to do that during my trip. The customer service rep could not do anything to rectify the situation because I was overseas and seemed satisfied that I was able to hobble along with the set up even after I told him that I had to extend the rental. Some sort of discount on the price would have been much appreciated, but he seemed happy to just move on. This company is one of the more expensive ones out there renting camera gear and I ended up with a very expensive rental that I could barely use. A simple gear check probably would have caught the faulty battery charger.

******UPDATE** A representative with the company contacted me after I posted this review and went above and beyond my expectations to right the situation. This was a series of circumstances that became an expensive disappointment but the company had an impressive response to my frustration and I look forward to giving them another shot.

"Every time I do business with LensRentals I never walk away disappointed. Just a fantastic experience every time."

"Accurate delivery and flawless products. "

"LensRentals always delivers with working, and clean lenses. I would love to rent more products from them. Their prices are hard to beat and they always deliver on time. Thanks LenRental for making my wedding shoot a success!!!!"

"LensRentals makes it as convenien as possible for me to rent backup gear or try out a new toy before buying. I've had to cancel an order in the past, and customer service went above and beyond to help. "

"I'm very satisfied and definitely intend to rent from LensRentals in the future.

They made the process easy and affordable. Unlike my local camera shop, they had the Micro 4/3 lens I wanted available for rent, and I didn't even have to lay down a deposit.

When I forgot to ship back the lens hood (it fell down into my camera bag), they politely informed me and didn't penalize me for shipping it back late. Yes, I had to pay for that separate shipping, but that was my fault not theirs.

"These guys were fast to respond, excellent packing, equipment was clean and not beat up, couldn't be a better overall experience! Roger Cicala has a great blog too!!"

"I asked for assistance with a wide angle lens for real estate photography. I got great recommendations and was VERY pleased with the lens. I received my lens early, but was able to keep it until my original due date! They were efficient and the process was great! I got reminders for emails and it was easy to send back with the prepaid shipping label! I would do it again!! "

"Given that the camera (Sony a7r) I rented is known to have battery issues, it would have been good to recommend that you rent at least one more battery. I could only shoot for a few hours at a time before I then had to return home and recharge the battery."

"We needed to test some equipment before purchasing and lensrentals.com had everything in stock and shipped overnight. Everything was delivered safely and securely and worked perfectly - I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of gear that is included with your rental. We ended up renting more equipment a week later because of the fast, dependable service and inexpensive cost. Thank you Lensrentals.com!"

Share LensRentals.com's store rating

LensRentals.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

LensRentals.com is a merchant member
LensRentals.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,713 merchant members.