• Address: 7730 Trinity Rd Ste. #110

Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

What is this?

"Very fast delivery; excellent condition of items; very friendly service. "

"Lens arrived as promised packed well with a good padded case. Will rent again from lens rentals if I have an opportunity to take another photography road trip. "

"Excellent company! Lens shipped and delivered quickly. Would recommend and use again. "

"I have always enjoyed my experience with Lens Rentals. Very professional with great customer service. I wouldn't dare rent gear from anywhere else."

"LensRental.com provides excellent service and the lens ordered arrived on time and was in complete working order. Process is very simple as a return shipping label is provided. Highly recommended to test a lens before a purchase or to get a specialty lens for a short time."

"I rented a Canon EOS 6D and a 70-300 zoom lens. Their prices were better than I could find elsewhere. I originally ordered a lens that wasn't compatible with the body and they informed me of that and rectified it. The shipment arrived when they said it would and everything was in good shape. The equipment worked fine. Then I left the equipment on a plane (one of those rush transfers). I informed them and they worked with me. Fortunately the equipment was found. If it hadn't I'd have had to pay for it (roughly retail less the rental cost). I got it shipped back and communicated with them asking if they would send the SD card I left in it to me, they did. In every way I felt that they were reasonable in their dealings with me.

Two notes: Put your name tag on the equipment (I know, it isn't yours) just to help identify it should you find yourself in my situation. Second note, unless you're renting for a very short time, just go buy an SD card - I paid $13 for a purchased card that I would have paid $9 to rent.

"The cameras arrived fast and on time as advertised for my wedding-- but we could not get the micro sd cards we rented to format and work correctly; so I wound up having to purchase two to work and then one of the cameras-- we didn't get any footage out of, all the files were corrupt. I reported the problems we experienced before I shipped the cameras back; but Lenrentals said they got them to work perfectly with their sd cards, so I'm just SOL. Gee, thanks. I paid for two cameras, but only got one to work and not even a blink from customer service. Will NOT be using this service again, nor recommending it for any DIY brides."

"I needed to rent a Sony 70-200mm f2.8 lens for a concert I was shooting in Tallahassee. I first tried lensrentals.com. They sent me an email requesting I call them to verify info. I called and the lady said she would call me back if there was any problems. Instead I get an email saying the only way they would rent me the lens is if i gave them a $2000.00 deposit! That's the full retail price of the lens, new. Plus the rental fee, shipping tax etc.
So I called the lady that was supposed to call me back and she explains, quite condescendingly that I'm renting a 2k lens for only 130 dollars, and she mentioned fraud 4 times in 2 minutes, insinuating that I was perhaps trying to steal their lens. I've rented $40,000.00 cars before, and they didn't require a $40,000.00 deposit. I've rented $250,000.00 homes, and never was I required to give a deposit covering the entire new replacement value of the home. It's as if they operate with no insurance, and try to pass that cost on to the customer. Bad communication, rude customer service, and terrible business model. All in all a very negative first (and last!) impression.

Since I shoot Sony (there's literally dozens of us!), my only other option was borrowlenses.com. I placed my order and they said a $1000.00 dollar deposit would be required. Half of what the other company wanted, and much closer to the actual value of a rental lens. I gladly paid and my lens was shipped quickly. It was in perfect condition and performed flawlessly. I more than made up for the price of the rental and got some amazing shots. Return was a breeze with the supplied box and shipping label. I won't hesitate to do business with them ANY time I need to rent anything. Classy, well ran company.

"Great service and support. "

"The customer service provided was absolutely horrible. I called just to ask a question about the order and the feedback from the representative convinced me to cancel the order altogether. Luckily I found borrowlenses.com who was willing to work with me for being a first time customer. "

modified review This review was modified by burgoswill on February 11 2014 02:23:24 PM

"An absolutely fantastic service. I've now used LensRentals three times. It's the best way to test out new, expensive cameras prior to making a buying decision."

modified review This review was modified by dreamboatjones on May 30 2013 08:25:02 AM

"I rented a D800 last weekend to try it out and to supplement our D700 for a wedding my husband and I were shooting. I obviously fell in love with the camera but I also fell in love with this service! Hassle-free reservation system, reasonable prices, quick correspondence, the camera arrived in great shape when promised and it was super easy to package it up and send it back (well, that was kind of heartbreaking).
Thank you LensRentals, you've got all bases covered and I will be using you again in the future!

modified review This review was modified by BetsyVan on May 22 2013 06:58:42 PM

"Wonderful communication made the experience even better than anticipated. They have a terrific selection of equipment, and the gear I rented was in perfect working order, EX++ condition or better, and arrived even before I anticipated. They provided a reminder of when the equipment was due, and their shipping and return was quite reasonable in cost. I will certainly use them again. "

"After the first try got here late on my mistake.. the second was perfect... very nice to deal with."

" The lens landed on my door step when it was scheduled too .The lens I rented was great. It was a great fee for 4 days. The return of the lens was very easy."

LensRentals.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

LensRentals.com is a merchant member
LensRentals.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,865 merchant members.