Stores > Lakeside Collection

• Lakeside Collec

Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

2010-10-11

"I have been a customer of lakeside (Lakeside Collection) for 7 years I have had few problems but then I am use to how they work. I usually get 90% of my orders; only the items shipped are ever charged to my credit card so this is fine in my opinion. They send an email telling you what items are out-of-stock. It usually takes a month to receive the out-of-stock items; you can choose to cancel them or wait on them. When they are shipped they charge your credit card for the items being shipped. That seems pretty normal to me. If you realize that they sell many thousands of items and that you're probably not going to get 100% of your order I don't see why it's a major problem as they don't charge you for the out-of-stock merchandise anyway. To save about 50% over store prices it's a good deal I have no complaints:) However, if you're in a hurry for your merchandise Lakeside is not for you. When I order Christmas gifts I order them no later then November 10th as they can be very slow during the holiday season.

2010-09-30

"DO NOT BUY FROM THIS WEBSITE OR CATALOGUE!! I have bought from them a couple times & am always disappointed with something. The first time I bought with them was about 2 Christmases ago. I bought things in Sept to actually not have to rush to buy people presents. What the website doesn't tell you is that a lot of the items are out of stock or on backorder. I didn't find that out until after I already paid & was looking at my order status. They shipped maybe 2 things out of all of it. I spent almost $200 on my order so that wasn't even half of it. They then go & ship things every once in a while but I never received what I wanted to give for Christmas, so in Dec (over 2 1/2 months after I ordered everything) I canceled the rest of my items that were still on backorder. They e-mailed me back saying that they would cancel it & they are sorry I didn't want the item & that they always try to ship things in a reasonable amount of time. Seriously?? over 2 1/2 months after I ordered the items & it still wasn't ready to be shipped for who knows how many more months & that's a reasonable amount of time?? After this time, they did start posting some things were out of order on their website, but when I purchased with them again they still had many items saying they were on backorder, but only letting me know AFTER I already paid for them!
However they have such good pricing & I don't make that much money so the next summer I bought more items from them, but not for Christmas items. Again it was the same deal. They ship you a couple items, then you have to wait up to 2-3+ months to get all of your items that you bought. Those items I wasn't in a hurry to get so I just let it go that time.
Again this year I bought some more items for a total of $154.15. Again I only got a couple items at a time because they never tell you that the item that you want is on backorder until after you already purchased it. I kept checking the status every week & they would get one or two more items ready once in a while but other items would have an estimated date that they would be ready, & that date would pass & they would make another estimated date for a couple more weeks later. That date would arrive & be passed. So again after two months of waiting & still having one item that seemed to be always on backorder so I couldn't get it, I canceled the last item in the end of June. They oked the cancelation. I should have checked sooner to make sure my account they took money from was balanced accordingly but just checked yesterday (9/29) because I want to purchase more items from them & won't until I knew everything worked out from my last purchase. It was a good thing that I did- They charged me 6 different times for my total, but they had overcharged me $1.91. My total was $154.15 & they charged my account $156.06 & never reimbursed me for my canceled item. So I e-mailed them to let them know that they overcharged me almost $2 & I wanted to be reimbursed for my canceled item also. They e-mailed me back saying that they originally check the account at the beginning to make sure all the money is there but don't charge until after the item is shipped. & that all west coast buyers are charged $1.96 because UPS charges them that amount. They don't state that charge anywhere on their website! I e-mailed them back saying that I was charged even for the item that wasn't shipped & wanted my money reimbursed & got the same computerised message saying they don't charge until it's shipped. I obviously was charged tho & had my transaction records to prove it so e-mailed them back asking for a fax # so I can prove they overcharged me. I'm waiting for their reply e-mail so we'll see what happens. I'm very upset tho, I didn't know that they always charged an additional $2 everytime I ordered something. They should put that in the total at the end of checkout when you're approving the amount. They seem very shady since they don't have that anywhere on their website & they take months & months before you actually get all your items so they can charge you months later & you won't add up the total to make sure it's balanced out.

2010-03-24

"I had placed an order with Lakeside. Around two weeks later I got a box in the mail, Unfortunely what I ordered was not in the box. I had already sent payment in, so I called the 1-800 #. I finally got to speak to a actual person. I told her i didn't get what I had ordered, after giving her the item # and everything. She couldn't give me an answer, so I ask her if it was on backorder or what. She said " we are not actually able to get that product. " I said so you put items in the catalog, people send you payment, and you know when they order that you don't have and can't get that item, She said yes, Will not order from this company again, "

2009-12-14

"This company is hard to deal with. No 1-800 number, do not respond to cancellation emails in a timely fashion, cannot understand the customer service person that you finally get. Will be interesting to see if I actually get the return labels and the money credited back."

2009-12-11

"In searching for coupons, i came across a coupon for free shipping from Lakeside. Upon ordering, a little box came up and said "spend only $18.19 more" for your free shipping. Uopn checking out, no free shipping was posted. Needing the items i ordered i figured i would call the company and explain the situation. Phone lines were always "Busy" so i emailed them. Only after my items shipped, (dec 10) did they get back to me to say "sorry, but your items shipped, so there is nothing we can do" They claim to have no coupons for free shipping. Try googling it and you will find them which will take you right to their catalog. This companys customer service is horrible. This company sucks and i will never order from them again"

2009-12-07

"After 4 weeks of no merchandise, I found out it was returned to Lakeside. After verifying address,it was reshipped. I still did not get it,it was returned again. It took a month to get my $ back then a month later they sent me a bill for merchandise I never got. Many phone calls (each with a 50-60 minute hold time). Many emails (none were returned). Get as far away from this company as possible!!!"

2009-12-07

2009-11-25

"I WISH I had found this page before ordering from this company. I placed my order and found out they place an authorization hold of the funds for the entire order immediately, then they charge for the individual items as they are being shipped, while still having that hold on your credit card/debit card for the original amount. I was told it will be released back to my account within 3 to 5 business days.

I placed a fairly large order exceeding $200. I now have pending transactions equalling the $200+, in addition to finding a pending charge for $89 yesterday and another pending charge for $29 today. I called customer service and was on hold for over 2 hours (I put it on speaker waiting to hear an actual person). After 2 hours, I then used my cell phone to call and pressed 1 as if I were placing an order. I was immediately transferred to a person. Then was transferred to the credit department. Fortunately, I have the funds to cover this because if not, I imagine incoming checks or other charges would have had me bouncing more than Tigger! It will be interesting to see what items I do receive, considering the bad luck of others here. I will not be ordering from them again. What a shady little practice they do not reveal when placing an order.

2009-11-25

"I recommend AGAINST ordering from the Lakeside Collection. They have no order information on their web site for my order. They DO NO respond to my emails. As a last resort, I called. They said the wait time will EXCEED a half an hour. To avoid this, call back between certain hours. I hung up and did just that the next day. The hold time is still EXCEEDING a half hour. I am still on hold. I have no idea if I'll get my products or when. But this is definitely not worth the frustration. VERY BAD BUSINESS PRACTICING. Avoid if you can. "

2009-11-24

"This company uses the classic bait and backorder. They hope by listing a popular item at a very low price you will also find other items then they ship the other items and backorder the one you really wanted. Very hard to contact. I ordered a mp3 player and some stocking stuffers. Two shipments came and I was charged for shipping for each, now more than 2 months later still no mp3 player. I do not recommend using this company and I think the customers on this site that speek well of them might be hired to. "

This review was modified by alenwarren on November 24 2009 09:10:11 AM

2009-10-15

"I am reading the reviews, and it looks like I am the only one satisfied with my order. I got a confirmation email from them OCt. 5, 2009 and I received all of my items on October 15, 2009, and one actually a few days before that. I didn't think that was too bad. When I opened up my stuff, I was pleasantly surprised at the good quality of it all. One thing in particular I bought was the butterfly pencil holder and it was prettier than the pic. As a result, I am now placing another order with them to get the matching picture frame and jewelry box because I love it so! The only thing that I would say about this company that is bad, is the price of shipping is a bit much, but then again, their prices are relatively cheaper, so I guess it evens out with other companies. I am also impressed with Collections Etc. because they have VERY good promotions on shipping, good prices, and excellent quality. I have also bought from them a few times. (If you are looking for catalog companies) Overall, I am very impressed with this company, thus far....Maybe those complaints helped?!"

2009-06-23

"I orderd this for my 12 year old Grandaughter on March 17th, she was so delighted that she took the ad to Lowes and had 2 colors of paint made to match the bedding and with Dad's help they painted the room it looks so cute but it's now June 23rd and we are still waiting! I received a card from Lakeside after a month that stated the items were on back order and I could wait or cancel, I choose to wait as she loved it so much. It's been over 3 months and my poor child is still waiting, no more word from Lakeside. I went online today and looked at my order status..it says canceled, THEY NEVER INFORMED ME OF THIS! Guess we buy new paint and start all over, she is so dissappointed over this! I hope I can find something she likes just as well. :("

2009-06-09

"Very good prices. Shipping is slow but worth it if you are patient. No problem getting the product I ordered."

2009-06-01

"WOW!!!! I just move to my new apartment and my mother thought this might be a good catalog to order from, so I did. I ordered things in January of '09, and the first thing I must say that turned me off was the fact that the shipping charges were terrible. I was charged for each item rather than one clear distinct charge. Then I did not get my first iten until almost a month later. That was not so bad. Then about 2 weeks later I got the next item. So I am feeling really good that this is working out for me! Oh, but low and behold---it is now JUNE 1st '09 and I am still waiting on a 'back order' to get here!!!!! What the heck????? I wanted to cancel it, but I really liked the item and I have not been able to find it any where else. Plus I was told that it would be here the end of march which wasn't so bad. After April came and went I ended up forgetting that I had even ordered something! One day I in May, I suddenly remembered that I had a back order and called and was told that it will be here in about a week, well here it is June 1st! So I called and found out that my order was on back order STILL!! or should I say again!!!! So I canceled and was I told them I would NEVER order again and that I was placing a complaint and telling as many people as I could not to order from them, and she said I understand! Do you really???????? "

2009-02-09

"Horrible experience. I ordered on Jan 13 2008 the status has stayed ready to ship with no shipping in sight. They charged me right when I placed the order but no one can tell me if and when my order will ship. Never again will I order from them. I wish I would have checked the reviews here first. "

Share Lakeside Collection's store rating

Lakeside Collection is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Lakeside Collection is not a merchant member
Lakeside Collection does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!