"This company is hard to deal with. No 1-800 number, do not respond to cancellation emails in a timely fashion, cannot understand the customer service person that you finally get. Will be interesting to see if I actually get the return labels and the money credited back."

"In searching for coupons, i came across a coupon for free shipping from Lakeside. Upon ordering, a little box came up and said "spend only $18.19 more" for your free shipping. Uopn checking out, no free shipping was posted. Needing the items i ordered i figured i would call the company and explain the situation. Phone lines were always "Busy" so i emailed them. Only after my items shipped, (dec 10) did they get back to me to say "sorry, but your items shipped, so there is nothing we can do" They claim to have no coupons for free shipping. Try googling it and you will find them which will take you right to their catalog. This companys customer service is horrible. This company sucks and i will never order from them again"

"After 4 weeks of no merchandise, I found out it was returned to Lakeside. After verifying address,it was reshipped. I still did not get it,it was returned again. It took a month to get my $ back then a month later they sent me a bill for merchandise I never got. Many phone calls (each with a 50-60 minute hold time). Many emails (none were returned). Get as far away from this company as possible!!!"

"I WISH I had found this page before ordering from this company. I placed my order and found out they place an authorization hold of the funds for the entire order immediately, then they charge for the individual items as they are being shipped, while still having that hold on your credit card/debit card for the original amount. I was told it will be released back to my account within 3 to 5 business days.

I placed a fairly large order exceeding $200. I now have pending transactions equalling the $200+, in addition to finding a pending charge for $89 yesterday and another pending charge for $29 today. I called customer service and was on hold for over 2 hours (I put it on speaker waiting to hear an actual person). After 2 hours, I then used my cell phone to call and pressed 1 as if I were placing an order. I was immediately transferred to a person. Then was transferred to the credit department. Fortunately, I have the funds to cover this because if not, I imagine incoming checks or other charges would have had me bouncing more than Tigger! It will be interesting to see what items I do receive, considering the bad luck of others here. I will not be ordering from them again. What a shady little practice they do not reveal when placing an order.

"I recommend AGAINST ordering from the Lakeside Collection. They have no order information on their web site for my order. They DO NO respond to my emails. As a last resort, I called. They said the wait time will EXCEED a half an hour. To avoid this, call back between certain hours. I hung up and did just that the next day. The hold time is still EXCEEDING a half hour. I am still on hold. I have no idea if I'll get my products or when. But this is definitely not worth the frustration. VERY BAD BUSINESS PRACTICING. Avoid if you can. "

"This company uses the classic bait and backorder. They hope by listing a popular item at a very low price you will also find other items then they ship the other items and backorder the one you really wanted. Very hard to contact. I ordered a mp3 player and some stocking stuffers. Two shipments came and I was charged for shipping for each, now more than 2 months later still no mp3 player. I do not recommend using this company and I think the customers on this site that speek well of them might be hired to. "

modified review This review was modified by alenwarren on November 24 2009 09:10:11 AM

"I am reading the reviews, and it looks like I am the only one satisfied with my order. I got a confirmation email from them OCt. 5, 2009 and I received all of my items on October 15, 2009, and one actually a few days before that. I didn't think that was too bad. When I opened up my stuff, I was pleasantly surprised at the good quality of it all. One thing in particular I bought was the butterfly pencil holder and it was prettier than the pic. As a result, I am now placing another order with them to get the matching picture frame and jewelry box because I love it so! The only thing that I would say about this company that is bad, is the price of shipping is a bit much, but then again, their prices are relatively cheaper, so I guess it evens out with other companies. I am also impressed with Collections Etc. because they have VERY good promotions on shipping, good prices, and excellent quality. I have also bought from them a few times. (If you are looking for catalog companies) Overall, I am very impressed with this company, thus far....Maybe those complaints helped?!"

"I orderd this for my 12 year old Grandaughter on March 17th, she was so delighted that she took the ad to Lowes and had 2 colors of paint made to match the bedding and with Dad's help they painted the room it looks so cute but it's now June 23rd and we are still waiting! I received a card from Lakeside after a month that stated the items were on back order and I could wait or cancel, I choose to wait as she loved it so much. It's been over 3 months and my poor child is still waiting, no more word from Lakeside. I went online today and looked at my order status..it says canceled, THEY NEVER INFORMED ME OF THIS! Guess we buy new paint and start all over, she is so dissappointed over this! I hope I can find something she likes just as well. :("

"Very good prices. Shipping is slow but worth it if you are patient. No problem getting the product I ordered."

"WOW!!!! I just move to my new apartment and my mother thought this might be a good catalog to order from, so I did. I ordered things in January of '09, and the first thing I must say that turned me off was the fact that the shipping charges were terrible. I was charged for each item rather than one clear distinct charge. Then I did not get my first iten until almost a month later. That was not so bad. Then about 2 weeks later I got the next item. So I am feeling really good that this is working out for me! Oh, but low and behold---it is now JUNE 1st '09 and I am still waiting on a 'back order' to get here!!!!! What the heck????? I wanted to cancel it, but I really liked the item and I have not been able to find it any where else. Plus I was told that it would be here the end of march which wasn't so bad. After April came and went I ended up forgetting that I had even ordered something! One day I in May, I suddenly remembered that I had a back order and called and was told that it will be here in about a week, well here it is June 1st! So I called and found out that my order was on back order STILL!! or should I say again!!!! So I canceled and was I told them I would NEVER order again and that I was placing a complaint and telling as many people as I could not to order from them, and she said I understand! Do you really???????? "

"Horrible experience. I ordered on Jan 13 2008 the status has stayed ready to ship with no shipping in sight. They charged me right when I placed the order but no one can tell me if and when my order will ship. Never again will I order from them. I wish I would have checked the reviews here first. "

"Same experience as everyone else. I have currently filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Ordered almost $500 worth of merchandise. Delays for no reason and one item canceled without notification and one item delivered that was wrong. This is the item I am still trying to get a pre-paid tag for and get the shirt I originally ordered. It is ridiculous to wait from December 13, 2008 until the end of January and still not have the return tag. They send general emails will garbage excuses. They are horrible to deal with. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. They will tell you all items are in stock- LIE they will tell you they will return your email promptly- LIE and furthermore you paid them for this treatment. Please use Harriet Carter or another type of company that sells seasonal items that will be shipped with better quality. One item has broke and the other was a shirt with seam separation upon delivery. Never again."

"I am outraged, I placed an order for Christmas on Dec. 19 for 4 of my
niece/nephews, and had the four items shipped to my mother in Tallahasse
for her to wrap before giving them to my nieces/nephew. I received a
confirmation email for the for items that same day from lakeside.
My mother received 2 of the items, and of course is waiting to give the presents until all of them have arrived. She has just informed me that
the other 2 still have never arrived!!!
I went to the website and looked at order status and it says that 2 of the items were cancelled. I was NEVER notified!!!! My family has been waiting for the presents this whole time!!!!
Why was I sent a confirmation email which was a total lie?
I used the contact page and sent them the statement above, and they only replied with a form letter saying the status of an order could be checked at the status page. Since when do we have to check the status if the confirmation email states we will receive the package in 7-14 days? Should we just assume Lakeside is unreliable?
I won't be shopping there again!!!!

"Comment/Question:
Better Business Bureau Complaint filed:
Failure to provide purchased products in a timely manner. Failure to
communicate the status of the order. Cashed check in November 2008 and
only provided a partial order. Order were partially Christmas products
and never received. Telephoned for status on non-toll-free number and
held on hold. Went on the website and listed questions. Never got a
response. Email on said that they had received the questions. Worst
experience ever received by an online store. Still no response to email inquiry or complaint.

Share Lakeside Collection's store rating

Lakeside Collection is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Lakeside Collection is not a merchant member
Lakeside Collection does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!