• Address: 8 Old Bloomfield Pike, Bardstown, KY

Product & services pricing Rating 7.08/10 7.08/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.58/10 4.58/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.42/10 5.42/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.42/10 5.42/10

"I will do business with these guys again! Super fast shipping, responsive customer service, and a great price to boot! Thanks! SG"

"Outstanding company to do business with. Great communication & fast shipping. I would recommend them to anyone. Thank you Kentucky Gun Co."

"Changed this from a "burning" review I gave a few days ago due to the fact that the KyGunCo finally figured out I had actually paid the amount owed via a check issued and sent by my bank. The KyGunCo claimed via an email that I was still short $200...got the UPS notification that it's on the way to my FFL...if it's in good shape, it's a keeper...they really need to work on their tracking of payments after a person creates an account and get away from this "2 week" wait for a check to "clear"...the check sent had cleared my bank 2 days after they deposited it in their bank...not enough time? Plus it was a bank issued check not a personal check...whatever...at least they figured it out..."

"Made my first online purchase last friday. Pistol shipped on monday and arrived at my FFL yesterday. I DROS'ed it today. The gun was immaculate and as described. I decided to pay with my cc so I had to pay the 3% service charge. I also paid the $12.50 insurance for the shipping. They used USPS priority mail so it took 3 days to get to the FFL. I guess this is how they save money (on their free shipping).

I used to buy my guns from Buds, but I shall no longer be using them (their lag time is longer than this). Kygunco will get more of my business in the future.

My rating for their prices reflect the fact that I paid the cc fee and insurance. I also had to pay state taxes so my total savings compared to buying locally is only ~ $80.00. Your savings will be significantly greater if you don't have to pay sales taxes and pay with a money order or cashier's check.

"Excellent Transaction from start to finish. They had a tough to find 'In Stock' pistol at a great price. Placed the order on a Wednesday afternoon and the pistol was delivered to my FFL of choice the following Monday!! Their site says 5-7 Business days and mine was in my hands in three (3)!! Fantastic to deal with! The only slight (and I mean slight) ding I can give them is that they didn't email me a tracking number when the item shipped. When I saw the item shipped I waited a day and since I didn't get an email with the tracking information, I called. They answered the phone and were able to get me my tracking number quickly. This is so trivial I'm still giving them 5-Stars!!"

"Great service and great prices .Would have no problem buying from them again"

"Great place to do business with."

"This company is very slow in shipping ammunition. When it says it is in stock it still takes over two (2) weeks for it to be processed after it is paid for. Then there is no way to email the customer service except maybe they will get this note, and send me a reply my order number is 38555 placed on 8/2/2013, and is still being processed. The last time I ordered from them it took almost three weeks to get my items. Iwould like to know if I will be charged anything if I cancell this order before it gets processed. They have my e mail address and phone number so I will be waiting until noon tommorow for their call then I will call them."

"Awful place to deal with. Said they had mags in stock, proven they didn't, failed to deliver from the "warehouse" and now 14 days later they still don't have them and want to charge a restocking fee. I'll use their emails to expose their fraud with the credit card company. Stay away from this merchant."

"I ordered a very hard to get .380 ACP pistol. I used a usps money order, had a new to them ffl holder and had to be helped through the process by telephone. The folks at Kentucky Gun were absolutely great. I received e-mails confirming my money order and receipt of ffl information. The firearm arrived at my lgs shortly thereafter. I should also note that the cost of the firearm was the same as it would have been six months ago (or whenever this shortage started).
Thanks KYGUNCO,

MG

"I just purchased a very hard to get, sought after rifle from Kentucky Gun Club. Rifle arrived early and all dealings with company was a pleasure. I was lucky and bought the last one in stock. I even called and emailed them several times because I was skeptical. They could have easily inflated the price but did not. I feel this is a testimony of their honesty and will do buisness with them in the future."

".............................................................."

modified review This review was modified by JamesW. on March 22 2013 03:41:41 PM

"Well, they will not get anymore of my money.
Back on 1-31-13 I ordered 4 boxes of 40 cal S&W.
none of the same type. All were in stock.
I received the order today 3-14-13.
2 boxes. no explanation nothing and full charge for shipping.
Last year I purchased 5 handguns and 4 long guns online and had them shipped to a local FFL. I know ammo is hard to find but it was in stock and and then 6 weeks..really?...
no more of my business...ever!

"The gun I ordered was exactly as described and was exactly what I was expecting. The price was fair and the shipped directly to my FFL dealer without a hassle. Shipping was fast and free and came more quickly the I thought. They also answered all my questions when I called and emailed."

"Great business and operation as a whole. Solid prices and most times extremely competitive. Not only recommended to friends and family but sincerely saw their handling of the spike in sales in December after the GUN BAN RUSH, and they did their very best (efforts, speed and communication) to keep up with the demand.

They also happen to be real patriots, defenders of the 2nd Amendment, and have a great sense of humor while remaining very polite (they are from Kentucky after all).

I also find their website to be very well made and easy to browse... For example the CLICK TO VIEW ALL is a must have when selling online. Most firearm retailers have HORRIBLE websites but NOT KY Gun Co...

I would like to see them improve the quality of their graphics and INTERNET marketing / coupons for LOYAL customers as they could get many good people buying from them.

They also seem to have a great stock / warehouse organisation (I may be wrong) but they have guns nobody does. They also don't overcharge for shipping (Cheaper than dirt are you listening).

ONLY MINUS is a charge on their behalf if using VISA, MASTERCARD... etc. They will charge you 3% when I wish they will find an effective way to save the customer that money by offering cash options that are realistic and fast while shopping online.

Kentucky Gun Co. is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Kentucky Gun Co. is not a merchant member
Kentucky Gun Co. does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!