• Home Decorators

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.06/10 3.06/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.29/10 4.29/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10

" It took hours to put together the cabinet, but it was well worth it. It's beautiful. I ordered this cabinet on 4/21/08 and I received it on 4/25/08. Super fast delivery. Excellent service! Excellent product! I will buy from Home Decorators again. Thanks!!"

"I ordered some chaise cushions and a market umbrella.
Everything arrived promptly, and the cushions are very nice.
The umbrella was broken when it arrived, and I have to give kudos to customer service for their speedy and efficient work.
In only a couple of minutes on the phone, I was offered a refund or exchange with paid shipping back, or a credit if I wanted to have it fixed here.
I opted for an exchange and unfortunately the second umbrella also arrived broken. At this point I have opted for a refund, but customer service was equally quick and helpful.
I should emphasize that it did not appear that the broken struts on the umbrella were due to shipping damage as much as weak wood or damage during construction.
Although this product was not too impressive, I won't have a problem trying again because I know I won't be stuck with a dud product and no help.

This review was modified by kush165 on November 06 2007 12:48:00 PM

"You have to be very careful when ordering from these folks .... they do not have YOUR best interest in mind. The Craftsman collections are marginal quality in that they are mostly veneer and mdf. When they screw you over ... and they will ... their "coupons" aren't worth anything .... in that whatever you might be ordering won't qualify for the coupon usage. They also charge tax in states where they have a "store within a store"at some Home Depots ... they also hose you pretty good with their "Freight Surcharges" which have absolutely no bearing on anything. Be careful .. buyer beware ... now you know. "

"I ordered a folding bookcases with mantel top from them but got only the Top part. I did read the description of this merchandise from their page before I ordered carefully. It did specify the size, dimension of bookcases I want, and never mentioned that this was only the Top of the bookcases. When I call them, they told me that I just ordered only the Top part! If I need the bookcases, I need to place and another order and pay another $116!
This is totally rip off and you might get only parts or pieces of what you see from their website page description. Beware!!

This review was modified by Home Librarian on September 16 2007 08:17:32 AM

"They processed the order charged the card and gave
a ship date.Next apology email adding a month to ship date.Ten days later the money is refunded to card with no email or call.I call three weeks later and told the item was canceled.WASTE OF TIME!CUSTOMER SERVICE DEE DEE DEE !

In a House

"I ordered from this company on 6-14 got a confirmation email never heard anything until 6/22 when I got a cancellation email.

It was suppose to ship next day, for 3-5 days delivery instead it took 8 days to tell me that they where not going to do anything.

Great inventory systems they have... They did give me a $10.00 coupon and when I tried to use it would not apply and then they would not ship to California...

What is that about!
Who does not ship to California...?

So I tried to call but guess what…. No Answer… HAHAHA … I think this is a scam site… Watch your credit card or check the BBB rating ins their state not good.

"Warning about false and misleading product descriptions!

This is my third order from Home Decorators. I ordered two pieces from their Hawthorne collection which they describe as 'solid wood construction' and 'superbly crafted of solid wood'. I even contacted customer support to verify that the drawers would also be solid wood, which they confirmed. When I received my order I found that this collection is almost completely constructed of mdf with only an occasional piece of solid wood. Do not believe their descriptions - sometimes they are grossly innacurate. Products arrive totally disassembled so repacking and returning is a huge undertaking.

"I have now ordered a tv stand, a linen cabinet, hampers, and a double vanity. I love this place. There is a wide selection, beautiful items at a fair price. The assembly part is difficult but that's the same as all other furnitures delivered. Delivery is prompt. I would definitely order from this website again. "

"Fortunately and unfortunately, I did not check resellerratings before ordering. Ordered 2 items (furniture). Received both within reasonable time. Put together the first item. Beatiful, just as advertised. I could not be happier. Started to put together the 2nd item. This one consisted of 12 parts. Found 2 parts broken. Called customer service around 1/25. They were nice and offered to ship replacements. 2/1 asked where the shipment was, was told would ship 2/5. Shipped 2/7. Received 2/10. strated to put together the item again, found 2 more damaged parts. Requested replacement today, 2/11 sunday, will see what happens. Will update when receive.
All in all not altogether bad experience. One item is very nice, the other regardless of damaged parts is nice too. Customer service was show but nice. Damage to the parts is dissapointing.

"I ordered two rugs from this company on Nov. 20th. The items showed in stock. On Nov. 28th I received another email stating they experienced a delay in shipping the items and they would ship on Dec. 28th. I logged in over the weekend to check on the status of my order and it still showed the 28th as the ship date.

I emailed to inquire and was told that my order was cancelled. Logging in today, I find that my status has changed to cancelled with a cancel date of 12/21/2006.

Avoid these scammers at all costs.

"On 11/20 I ordered a wall plaque using a promotional code. I received a ship date of 12/12. On 12/17 I received a delayed shipment notice with a ship date of 1/16. I contacted the company on 12/17 to understand why I wasn't contacted that the item was to be delayed since it was to be a Christmas gift. On 12/18 I received an email stating my order was on hold. I was not told why. They asked a question about the promotional code and stated it was for marketing purposes. On 12/21 the company canceled my order without contacting me. "

"Excellent product, delivery and communication.
I had a question about the look of a certain rug I was ordering and they got back to me within 1 business day (on a weekend at that!).
The rugs arrived in less than a week and the quality is outstanding.
I am very happy with my purchase and have just ordered 2 more rugs today.

"They were horrible to deal with and did not honor their sales. Boo...I will never deal with them again. "

"This company does not stand by its word. I placed an order on Nov 20 and received a confirmation. When I hadn't received the item, I checked the website to find that they had increased the price I was being charged AND had estimated the time of shipment as Dec 28!!!!! It's a Christmas gift!
Really unfortunate for this company, as I intend to tell anyone who will listen how unreliable they are.

"Didnt honor the coupon even though it got accepted in the website. Took a week and then cancelled the complete order. Would never order anything from them again."

Share Home Decorators Collection's store rating

Home Decorators Collection is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Home Decorators Collection is not a merchant member
Home Decorators Collection does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!