• Home Decorators

Product & services pricing Rating 2.81/10 2.81/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.00/10 1.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.00/10 1.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

"They processed the order charged the card and gave
a ship date.Next apology email adding a month to ship date.Ten days later the money is refunded to card with no email or call.I call three weeks later and told the item was canceled.WASTE OF TIME!CUSTOMER SERVICE DEE DEE DEE !

In a House

"I ordered from this company on 6-14 got a confirmation email never heard anything until 6/22 when I got a cancellation email.

It was suppose to ship next day, for 3-5 days delivery instead it took 8 days to tell me that they where not going to do anything.

Great inventory systems they have... They did give me a $10.00 coupon and when I tried to use it would not apply and then they would not ship to California...

What is that about!
Who does not ship to California...?

So I tried to call but guess what…. No Answer… HAHAHA … I think this is a scam site… Watch your credit card or check the BBB rating ins their state not good.

"Warning about false and misleading product descriptions!

This is my third order from Home Decorators. I ordered two pieces from their Hawthorne collection which they describe as 'solid wood construction' and 'superbly crafted of solid wood'. I even contacted customer support to verify that the drawers would also be solid wood, which they confirmed. When I received my order I found that this collection is almost completely constructed of mdf with only an occasional piece of solid wood. Do not believe their descriptions - sometimes they are grossly innacurate. Products arrive totally disassembled so repacking and returning is a huge undertaking.

"I have now ordered a tv stand, a linen cabinet, hampers, and a double vanity. I love this place. There is a wide selection, beautiful items at a fair price. The assembly part is difficult but that's the same as all other furnitures delivered. Delivery is prompt. I would definitely order from this website again. "

"Fortunately and unfortunately, I did not check resellerratings before ordering. Ordered 2 items (furniture). Received both within reasonable time. Put together the first item. Beatiful, just as advertised. I could not be happier. Started to put together the 2nd item. This one consisted of 12 parts. Found 2 parts broken. Called customer service around 1/25. They were nice and offered to ship replacements. 2/1 asked where the shipment was, was told would ship 2/5. Shipped 2/7. Received 2/10. strated to put together the item again, found 2 more damaged parts. Requested replacement today, 2/11 sunday, will see what happens. Will update when receive.
All in all not altogether bad experience. One item is very nice, the other regardless of damaged parts is nice too. Customer service was show but nice. Damage to the parts is dissapointing.

"I ordered two rugs from this company on Nov. 20th. The items showed in stock. On Nov. 28th I received another email stating they experienced a delay in shipping the items and they would ship on Dec. 28th. I logged in over the weekend to check on the status of my order and it still showed the 28th as the ship date.

I emailed to inquire and was told that my order was cancelled. Logging in today, I find that my status has changed to cancelled with a cancel date of 12/21/2006.

Avoid these scammers at all costs.

"On 11/20 I ordered a wall plaque using a promotional code. I received a ship date of 12/12. On 12/17 I received a delayed shipment notice with a ship date of 1/16. I contacted the company on 12/17 to understand why I wasn't contacted that the item was to be delayed since it was to be a Christmas gift. On 12/18 I received an email stating my order was on hold. I was not told why. They asked a question about the promotional code and stated it was for marketing purposes. On 12/21 the company canceled my order without contacting me. "

"Excellent product, delivery and communication.
I had a question about the look of a certain rug I was ordering and they got back to me within 1 business day (on a weekend at that!).
The rugs arrived in less than a week and the quality is outstanding.
I am very happy with my purchase and have just ordered 2 more rugs today.

"They were horrible to deal with and did not honor their sales. Boo...I will never deal with them again. "

"This company does not stand by its word. I placed an order on Nov 20 and received a confirmation. When I hadn't received the item, I checked the website to find that they had increased the price I was being charged AND had estimated the time of shipment as Dec 28!!!!! It's a Christmas gift!
Really unfortunate for this company, as I intend to tell anyone who will listen how unreliable they are.

"Didnt honor the coupon even though it got accepted in the website. Took a week and then cancelled the complete order. Would never order anything from them again."

"It is a bad business practice and I dont want to have anything to do with this company that does a 'bait and switch' using their own coupons and then disqualifing them.

"The company kept sending me updates on the delivery date of one of the items in my order moving further and further. When after a month I called them up and inquired about the final shipping date and my other items, they told me that the order is "on hold", that they weren't going to honor the discount they originally offered and requested a new payment (increase of $60 total between two orders). I have to agree with a poster here - this is definitely bait and switch practice."

modified review This review was modified by Prelestnica on December 18 2006 07:47:17 AM

Cocoa, FL

"Ordered a large area rug - not online, but by phone so I could take advantage of a special offer of a free runner of the same design, a freebie that was not available when ordering online for some reason.

Shipping was fast; rug arrived in four days, and it's a beautiful thing, quality construction and much nicer than the pictures. The free runner was not included, however, but after a call to their toll-free number, was assured that rug would be sent soon. An oversight apparently by the manufacturer, who drop-shipped this item. All in all, no big deal.

Share Home Decorators Collection's store rating

Home Decorators Collection is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Home Decorators Collection is not a merchant member
Home Decorators Collection does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!