• HobbyPartz.com

Product & services pricing Rating 5.83/10 5.83/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"Placed an order online from Hobbypartz (also runs RCDISCUSS.COM) for a Thunder AC6 lipo charger, 2 lipo batteries and 1 lipo storage bag. It was an $88 order. Free shipping was 3-7 days so I tried to upgrade to overnight shipping but it was $90 additional charge. I think that is a bit much for an $88 order. I stayed with the free shipping. Anyway, after 24 hours the order had not processed so I started looking into why it had not changed status. I found the RCdiscuss.com forum run by hobbypartz and found that many people were waiting on orders, getting the wrong items shipped, or incomplete orders shipped without being notified. So I tried calling the 866-888-6630 number listed on the hobbypartz website. The automated system hung up on me no matter what option I selected or even if I did not select any option. I asked on RCdiscuss how long it would take to process my order. I asked if the 3-7 day shipping was really 3-7 processing, then the items ship. I was contacted by Eric (Forum Support Member) that Hobbypartz was cancelling my order because I was questioning the 3-7 day shipping. I did not ask for the order to be cancelled, however Eric told me that they were cancelling the order due to the fact I was questioning my order not be processed??? That is crazy! Eric told me the number listed on the website was not a hobbypartz number yet he suggests other people on the forum use that phone number to place/check on orders. BEFORE YOU ORDER FROM HOBBYPARTZ CHECK RCDISCUSS.COM and see their customer service forum and how many people are upset. Hobbypartz also appears sell under the names, NitroRCX and NitroPlanes and RaidenTech according to their own RCDISCUSS.COM forum. Seems really strange to me to have 4 names when all the companies sell the same RC related items. "

"I purchased a Sky Lipo 1300mAh 7.4V Battery. Shipping was free and the package arrived quickly. The battery works well and the cells were well balanced. I did not take any measurements, but it appears to work as well as my other batteries I have. I am very happy with this purchase."

"Web site is easy to follow and find items. Checkout process was straight forward and seemed secure. Items arrived in a timely fashion. I an quite satisfied so far."

"Fantastic service. Fast shipping, and quality parts for the best prices that I have found anywhere."

"Hobbypartz is a very good web site for the products I shop for. There has only been a handful of times that another site has offered the same item at a lower cost. BUT, there is alot of sites that offer free shipping. I have made a few purchases lately w/ another site w/ free shipping as well as Hobbypartz free shipping, the item I purchased from other than Hobbypartz had that item less cost than HobbyPartz. Then agian there is a longer shipping time (USPS) because those sites are overseas."

This review was modified by mfearrin on November 11 2010 08:08:13 AM

"THIS STORE SELLS STUFF IT DOES NOT HAVE IN STOCK EVEN THOUGH THEIR WEBSITE SAYS OTHERWISE. SO YOU ARE ROLLING THE DICE IF YOU ORDER FROM THEM. HOW LUCKY DO YOU FEEL?

I ordered 7 aluminum prop spinners that were supposedly in stock so I ordered them and got a tracking # and week goes by with no order shipped. I tried to get Live Chat which was all day long on a weekday. So I called support and got no answer on any one I tried. Finally got through to sales and they said they were out of stock until JANUARY! No emails or any communications were sent telling me that was the case. This online store sucks!

This review was modified by mike826 on November 10 2010 06:41:35 PM

"ORDER WAS SHIPPED THE DAY AFTER I ORDERED. ARRIVED QUICKLY, WAS CORRECT, AND NO HASSLES. EASY TO ORDER AND QUICK DELIVERY. I AM PLEASED."

"Generally a good experience. All purchase were received well packaged, arrived in a timely manner and most importantly items that were stated as being in stock were actually available and competitively priced."

"I ordered a bunch of items from Hobbypartz in early October to take advantage of the free shipping to the US. A couple days later, they wrote back to me saying it will cost an extra $9.99 to ship to Hawaii because it would be considered international. I agreed to the additional charge, but made a note that Hawaii is the 50th State and therefore, part of the US. I waited 3 weeks for the item (if they sent it through parcel post- which many sellers do... it takes 3 weeks). I finally wrote them an email and instantly got a reply saying that the item had been canceled. I waited 3 weeks for nothing! I wasn't that upset about the extra charge, but waiting 3 weeks for nothing really upsets me. Buyers Beware!!!!"

"Hobbypartz has great prices and fast shipping. My GT-2 transmitter came fast, and the price was excellent!!! I will defininatly will be shopping here again. For great prices, quality products, and fast shipping on RC items, Hobbypartz is your store!!! Thanks for a great shopping experience."

"I ordered a 450-Class RC Helicopter Combo A Upgrade Kit from Hobbypartz.com.The first thing
I was impressed with the free shipping and the speed and condition of the item when it came.
everything was labled and self contained in seperated packages.The quality was impressive and
everyting fit perfectly.The heli Flies great and
I would highly recommend HobbyPartz.com to anyone.
Thanks Jim.

"My order was correctly filled and delivered eight days after I placed my order. Will buy from HobbyPartz.com again."

"2nd time in a row my order was not complete. A battery was shown as in stock but was not and they automatically back order the item with no notice. They also charge you for the back ordered item instead of waiting for it to come into stock.

Overall all though they are prompt at getting orders out the door quickly. But this back order thing is wrong, as it takes them months to get items back in stock.

This review was modified by gquiring on November 03 2010 06:36:49 PM

"Excellent Experience. Items were shipped promptly and are as described. I will certainly buy from this vendor again."

"it is easy to order, fast shipping, good support.
I have nothing negative to say, just positive !!

Share HobbyPartz.com's store rating

HobbyPartz.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

HobbyPartz.com is not a merchant member
HobbyPartz.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!