Hinterland Outfitters Reviews - page 2 - hinterlandoutfitters.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 9.33/10 565 reviews

Hinterland Outfitters is a merchant member
Hinterland Outfitters participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,888 merchant members.

"Hinterland Outfitters' website was easy to navigate and find the item I was looking for. Their prices are very competitive and keep up to date on their stock. The item I wanted was out of stock (as well as at almost all the other websites I checked) so I submitted my email address to be notified once they were in stock. It wasn't long before I got the notification and didn't receive any other unwanted emails. The checkout and purchase was easy and shipping was quick. The entire process went smooth and I have no complaints whatsoever. I would definitely buy from Hinterland again."

"No problems encountered, Shipping was quick and any back orders were handled in short order "

"Friendly and knowledgeable phone contact

Competitive price on the rifle

Incredibly generous shipping price

Rifle arrived at FFL in perfect condition

I usually don't do surveys, but Hinterland was simply that good.

"I put my name on there list for a Colt Mustang which was very hard to find. In November of 2012 I got a E-Mail one came in stock. I jumped on it and they were EXTREMELY helpful in making sure all the proper paper work was done and then sent me the gun immediately! It came as stated and I have not had one bit of trouble with it. I am completely satisfied with there product and customer service."

"My shopping experience with Hinterland Outfitters was very positive- excellent communication and courteous salespeople I will certainly shop there again! "

"Customer Service was outstanding in expediting the shipment of a S&W Model 41 to my chosen FFL agent. I could not have been more pleased with the personal service this seller provided. One of the very best internet sellers I've dealt with and look forward to doing more business with Hinterlands in the future."

"Hinterland Outfitters are excellent when ordering online or by phone. I called the toll free number and a salesman helped me set up an online account while I was in my car. He then proceeded to place my order for a firearm and gave me the order number over the phone. I was at a local gun dealer and had them send a copy of their FFL to Hinterland. About an hour later Hinterland had already emailed an order confirmation with the serial number of the gun I had just purchased. Three days later the gun dealer recieved the gun and I was notified buy another email. This was the easiest gun transfer I have ever had. On this particular gun the price was excellent and the shipping was free. I doesn't get ant better than this!"

"Hinterland Outfitters has terrible customer service and a very arbitrary return policy. They charged my card even before a standard stock item was shipped and subsequently a 6% fee when cancelled before shipping that the policy says they "may" charge. It is a will charge, not a may charge. I can understand if it was a special order, FFL item, or required significant processing. This did not. It is obvious that they are not a customer oriented retailer. Caveat Emptor!"

modified review reply posted Jan-06-2013

hinterland, Hinterland Outfitters rep has responded

“The firearm order cancellation fee was mistakenly assessed to the reviewer's cancelled muzzleloader order. Many muzzleloaders do require an FFL transfer, and this item was incorrectly flagged in our system as such.

We refunded the reviewer in full and apologized when we were alerted to the error.”

"Excellent buying experience! Timely shipment, everything as advertised!"

"I found Hinterland Outfitters to be a exceptional company to deal wit. My sales person was friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. Shipping was reasonably priced and very fast. This will be the FIRST place I go to from now."

"Hinterland Outfitters had the pistol when others did not. The price was lower than others. I will do business with Hinterland Outfitters again in the future."

"I have bought many firearms, accessories, and many different types of ammunition from hinterland. They are fantastic to deal with. They are very quick to ship firearms to my FFL. I they have what you are looking for, they have the best price. I always check with them first."

"For never buying from Hinterland Outfitters before I have to say that this was one of my best online purchase this year! Thank you for everything and getting my purchase to me so fast! "

"Hinterland has the thing i can't find anywere including Cabelas.
i received just what i wanted in a timely manner.
I will be ordering from them again and i'm letting people know of the site.

"I had never heard of Hinterland Outfitters before. After a little research I found a lot of great reviews. All of the negative stuff seemed to be from people misunderstanding their return policy. My experience was incredible. Purchasing a firearm online is not as simple as running down to your local FFL dealer. Hinterland provided clear, concise step-by-step directions. The process was seamless. I will definitely be using them again!"