Stores > Hinterland Outfitters

Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10

2016-03-19

Double Guns

"Great prices and quick responses...only negative is the shipping process takes too long."

2016-03-18

On-going excellent customer service and great prices

"I will continue to purchase from Hinterland because their service is second to none and their prices are extremely competitive. "

Great selection & price

"Had what I wanted in stock and at the best price"

The Alabama Assassin

"They were super easy to order a rifle from, the price was more than fair, all you need is a licensed FFL dealer to have your firearm delivered to so everything is legal. Their website is one of the best and easiest to navigate. I will definitely be ordering another rifle from them as soon as they have it in stock."

This review was modified by esrose on March 18 2016 03:58:14 PM

2016-03-18

"Delivered exactly what was promised"

2016-03-17

"Very satisfied with the browning rifle. And very satisfied with hinterlands great customer service. Thank you and i will buying more rifles in the future. "

The Perfect .308

"Very very pleased with the Weatherby .308 I purchased from Hinterland. Great communication, very fast and safe shipping. What more could you ask.
Thanks

good to the last drop

"i called customer service about my m57 and i was taken care right away,they were very nice so i,ll be coming back thank-you very much tony paz"

I am very satisfied

"I looked everywhere for a item I need very badly. Could not find it anywhere and just took a chance and Hinterland Outfitters had the item. I purchased enough of that AMMO to last the entire Deer Season Next year. I am so thankful, though I would have to drive hundreds of miles to get the items.

2016-03-17

"Great Serves and. Great 590a1"

2016-03-17

Kept in touch all the way

"Transaction went smoothly and they kept me informed about the progress up until the day of delivery-nice going guys!!!"

2016-03-17

A Pleasure to do business with!

"Hinterland Outfitters have a very nice extremely large selection of firearms and equipment etc. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable and customer service is a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend Hinterland Outfitters to you."

Purchased "God's Gun" - a loaded Springfield 1911

"Hinterland Outfitters made this purchase hasle free and frankly uneventful. They emailed updates to me at each step of the process, from initial order, to receipt of fax from my FFL dealer and finally with shipping info. This was an awesome experience and I will surely be talking with them when my wife let's me buy my next firearm!"

First and Last time customer

"After searching around online for the best prices I decided to place an order for a 2500 dollar gun on a random Friday afternoon around 4. Shortly after getting off the phone I realized I had made the payment on the wrong card. So i give them a call around 430-445 pm and phone lines are shut down. I proceed to email the sales team to request the stop payment so I could use a different card. Around 6:30pm, I get a reply back. The rep was courteous and answered my question but denied my request?!? I understand you have processing fees etc but I just placed the order. It still shows pending on my account so surely there's a way to stop the payment. After just one email to them they flat out said no, at least make it seem like you will look into it(Im not spending an amazing amount of money but 2500 bucks isnt chump change either). The reps email told me they would charge me an extra 6% on top of the order to switch payments. Thats 137 bucks just to switch payment methods on an order I placed 2 hours ago... Btw their policy is 48 hours to refund a gun purchase with no restocking fee or any fee charged (THE FOLLOWING WEEK I SPOKE TO A REP AND THEY SAID THIS IS BECAUSE THAT IS THE AMOUNT OF TIME THEY HAVE TO AVOID PROCESSING FEES... why could they not charge my correct card again?). At this point I am well within the 48 hours but for some reason a different set of policies applies to me. I could just cancel the order and re order on a different card but I bit the bullet and decided to keep going (should have cancelled the order) .
What really confuses me is not the fact they denied my request but their response- "no we can't do it you have to pay 6%". No alternatives they werent even following their own policy [Insert hands slow clapping jpeg here]. I didnt want to be a jerk and cancel my order and re-order on the right card so onward we go. They clearly did not care about me(customer); The emails and replies I got all had the same theme. Their goal was to keep my order open past the point of no return so whether I bought the item or not worst case they would be able to charge me 137 bucks (as evidenced by them not following their own policies and "threatening" me with bs fees) .
A day passes and I realize that the rifle I ordered did not have the rail I wanted. I had given the sales rep the wrong item # when I placed the order. This is my fault and I realize I am making some request they normally don't get- but I was not going to spend 2500 on the wrong rifle. This was 2 days(Sunday) after I placed the order. They advertise price matching so I think to myself- it shouldnt be a problem just give them a call get the item # updated and have them match the price. Well, they are closed on Sunday so I gave them a call on Monday. Come Monday... they had some phone issues but when I did get through to a rep they proceeded to tell me "The sales team is out of the office all week for training noone can help you here but you can reach them by e-mail"... wtf?
I e-mail the sales team immediately to make the change and request the price match. After a day waiting for a response I finally get a reply. The site Im price matching quoted me a price of 2289 shipped. Hinterland comes back to me with a price of 2549 best offer; thats nowhere near a match. I want to cancel at this point(tell me what you do for a living if you wouldn't do the same). They say they are a master dealer for the manufacture and cant match another master dealers price... thats fine theyve got their margins. The whole "nobody here to assist you but you can reach them by e-mail" was very off putting. The delay in response time resulted in delays in my decision making... I understand that (with their "training" class etc) they could not assist me during most of their regular hours. I sent the request for a price match and item change on Monday morning... finally received the response on Tuesday afternoon and that's when I cancelled my order. No reply email to my cancellation email. Just a generic refund e-mail less my $137. With the strange, to say the least, experience ive had so far I figured hinterland would be willing to work with me on the fees. I tried to email them but no response. Again, no alternatives just poor service and no effort. I even called and left a message with their service rep with no response.
The lack of service really threw me off. Obviously they don't care about my business and who's to say they will care about yours. They are very good at quoting prices and somewhat ok at responding to product questions but other than that the service was... cant think of anything appropriate to say.
What separates good customer service/good company from a crap customer service/crap company is how they handle these one off situations.
Hey you made it to the end. Thanks for reading my rant.

This review was modified by ajuan on March 17 2016 01:57:04 PM

2016-03-11

No can do

"The person that took my order,had to be asked to take it. This appeared lazy to me. He spent time trying to convince me to place my order online."

Share Hinterland Outfitters's store rating

Hinterland Outfitters is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Hinterland Outfitters is a merchant member
Hinterland Outfitters participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,590 merchant members.