Stores > Hinterland Outfitters

• Business Hours: Shop Online 24/7. Phone Support: M-F 10AM-5PM

Product & services pricing Rating 9.17/10 9.17/10

2016-10-28

AIAX

"They took the extra effort to get the rifle just the way I wanted."

It was a long wait

"The AR10 was on sale, but apparently severely backordered. Who knew? Not me until I emailed the company asking when my rifle was going to ship.
Even though I'm exempt from the high capacity magazine ban, they did not send my 20 round mag. Installing a $15 CA compliant bullet button takes two minutes. They overcharge for installation.
The packing was not good. The rifle bounced around during shipping and destroyed the factory foam in the hard case. I ended up throwing the case away since the padding was now useless.
More than likely I won't be buying anymore $2000+ rifles here anymore.

Rep reply posted Nov-08-2016

A rep from Hinterland Outfitters, hinterland, has responded

“The firearm ordered by the reviewer was very clearly labeled in bold as a special-order item with an estimated delivery time from the manufacturer of a few weeks.

It was not a "backorder", it was a "special-order", and it was clearly labeled as such.

This fact was also reiterated in multiple emails after purchase, including the order confirmation email and status update emails.

The reviewer should have been well-aware that he ordered a custom-built special order firearm with a lead-time, as it was noted multiple times and in multiple places, both before and after purchase.

With the current busy state of the industry, the manufacturer has been going a bit over the intitial lead-time estimates, for which we do apologize. With custom-built firearms, we are at the mercy of the manufacturer and their production schedules.

The reviewer is located in California, and he ordered a non-compliant firearm.

In order to make the firearm CA compliant, we add a bullet button and a 10 round magazine, for which there is an additional charge. The customer agreed to these modifications (and the additional charge) to make his firearm CA compliant.

We do adequately pack all shipments for transit, but unfortunately sometimes UPS can be quite rough with packages. We do apologize if the package was received by the customer in an unacceptable condition.”

Colt AR

"The rifle was at the ffl dealer before I could blink. So far the colt expanse is doing what it's supposed to do. For the price, I got a great deal and got it quickly "

This review was modified by gavinpa on October 26 2016 03:37:48 PM

2016-10-26

Good from start to delivery

"Easy to deal with, great price, prompt delivery, great communications. Superior service"

Great fast service.

"Paid for 2 day shipping. Received in two days. Great price and great service. "

Exactly what I wanted

"My items were exactly what I needed at a good price and quick delivery. "

My Southpaw AR15

"I ordered a left handed Stag AR15 on Weds and by 3pm on Friday it was delivered and ready for pickup. This was my first firearm, so I wasn't sure what to expect. My experience was Great! Thank you! "

Silverchief

"Very satisfied !!! Very fast turnaround, will purchase from Hinterand again !!!"

2016-10-26

"Ordered a Magnum Research kit from these guys. They did a good job verifying everything was in stock before I purchased. Also did everything right with the FFL paperwork. Price was good too!"

2016-10-26

"SHIPPED Quickly , no hassle , and a great experience!"

Very quick on delivery!

"Happy with my purchase. Will do business with again. Thank you Hinterlandoutfitters!"

Delivered Fast

"Nice job. Delivered early and exactly what I ordered."

2016-10-24

"Great service, great value, highly recommend!"

2016-10-24

"Will order from them again. went smooth, fast shipping"

Easy of Sale

"This went surprisingly well. "

Share Hinterland Outfitters's store rating

Hinterland Outfitters is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Hinterland Outfitters is a merchant member
Hinterland Outfitters participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,458 merchant members.