• Heartland Ameri

Product & services pricing Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"Everything I ordered was made in China and not made in the "Heartland America". All junk. Nothing was a good value. My 1250 watt power inverter would not even power 850 Watts. I got around to test it a few days after the return date so they refused to take it back. I am out $80.99 plus shipping. I will never order from them again. Just one more that think it's OK to be a thief in the work place. Shame on you!"

"We received a special catalog pronouncing big savings and free shipping. I figured, what can you lose?

As it turns out, you lose a big amount of time.

We ordered an item and received a $10 off coupon in addition to free shipping. Fair enough. What they don't tell you is that they tack on a $2.99 charge for "processing," whatever that means.

In addition, the item we ordered on 8/8/2008 has been back ordered till 9/12/08. And even then, we're not sure if it will make it. Consider that it will probably take another two weeks before they ship the item when it is finally in stock, I have decided that my first order with this firm will also be my last.

Why order from a company that doesn't even keep its own stock available for buying?

Avoid at all costs. My guess is that the company is a scam...they collect your money, put it in a high yield money market account while you wait forever or get substandard products.

I think it's time that the Federal Trade Commission finds out about these crooks.

modified review This review was modified by Quaczar on September 02 2008 08:28:44 PM

" My wife and I purchase a laptop from Heartland America to give to our Daughter I'm disable so we live on a set bugget the first one we got we had to send back because it didn't work and it took over two weeks before we were told to send it back to a company called GCM INC. who was the ones that fixs and goes over them after 7 weeks I had to call to get a laptop sent back this next laptop was over eight years old and would not read the internet card so you could not get on the internet plus keys stick and the cursor moves on it's own after working on it and updating the programs we were able to get on line but still had the other things wrong we tryed to go through Heartland to get us one that work right or give us a refund to this heartland told us it was not there problem and it was up to GCM I have writen to Heartland using the add as a go by telling them we did not buy the laptop from GMC and It was not GMC saleperson who we talk to all this to no help. I have even wrote to GCM and have heard nothing so much for Satisfaction Guarantee and if you can find it in writing you se it is only good for three day We lost over 400.00 don't make our mistake if you see it for sale here buy from someone else the best thing Heartland could do would be get a back bone and stand up for what thay sell."

"I tried to order from Heartland America, order number above. First item was "no longer available". Second item was ordered and it took 3 days for the order to be confirmed. They said it takes that long to verify my credit card information. How'd you like to stand in line at Wal-Mart for 3 days to buy something with a credit card.

So, the order goes through and it was immediately backordered until the 17th. Called on that day and they said it was backorderd until the 25th. I cancelled the order. This was all a result of receiving a catalog that said "we want you back". This is not the way to get get customers back.

"Ordered a humidifier from them. Shipping was a little slow, but I got the item I was expecting. No issues with the ordering process or product itself.

Couple of negatives is that they aggressively send e-mail advertisements almost daily. I've gotten annoyed enough to opt-out today...hopefully they respect the request. They also charge some type of "order/handling fee" which is a bit unusual. They do state it before you checkout, but it does add to th cost of the item and it's a little misleading to hit you with it at the end.

"I have been dealing with them for years, usually no problem. Last order was incomplete. Customer service person was nice and said that things "looked strange" under my account. She transferred me to a supervisor (5 min. wait) who was nasty, rude, and said I could write to the president. When I threatened a Federal Trade Commission contact, she hung up. A very rude person! She was the supervisor of the nice person! "

"Received two broken security cameras from Heartland America. The return process is involved and difficult. When I called the company to discuss it the customer service rep was short and nasty with me. When I mentioned how inconvenient this was for me she hung up on me. I called again and the next person did the same thing. So I cancelled all further contact with the company over the process of several more calls and drove to the post office and returned the cameras at my expense and also tracked them. The cameras arrived two days later back at Heartland America. I called and confirmed it with them and asked when I would be credited for the returned merchandise. They said in a couple of days. I called back this evening and found I still have not been credited for the return, but instead they have shipped out two more cameras. I could not believe it and again the customer service rep refused to apologize and acted put off that I was upset I was getting more defective merchandise from Heartland America. She was extremely rude and not the least bit contrite at putting me through further hassles. I called my credit card company who again contacted Heartland America and the woman was again nasty and short with me. It's not my fault they sent broken merchandise, nor is it my fault they sent out more cameras when I told them no less than ten times I didn't want anything else from them. I will never do business with this company again. EVER! And I would highly recommend others avoid them as well. They are horrible."

"I ordered a Cuisinart toaster oven from Heartland because they had the lowest price on the web. After I submitted my credit card information and clicked confirm purchase, a $2.99 processing fee was added as was $9.99 for an extended service agreement which I did not order. The oven is supposed to be in a large box with styrofoam packing (as in the oven I later bought). The oven from Heartland arrived minus Cuisinart's packaging in a box just large enough for the oven to fit in, with the oven wrapped in a single layer of thin bubble wrap. It seemed as if it were packed to assure damage in shipping. And the oven was indeed damaged- the door was completely off the oven and the glass was broken. The company agreed to refund the purchase price minus shipping, could/would not refund the cost of the extended service agreement, would not pay for return shipping and demanded that I insure the package (for an already broken item). I don't know as yet if there is a restocking fee. I have filed a charge dispute with my credit card company. I surmise that the oven was already damaged when shipped (why else would it have been removed from it's original packaging) and my guess is that someone else will be getting this same oven in a future transaction with Heartland."

modified review This review was modified by reweaver on January 17 2008 06:27:11 AM

"I ordered a product. Then i tried to cancel the order. The order had not shipped, but it was sitting in their warehouse. This went on for 2 days. All I was told was that I can refuse shipment once UPS gets there. So I still have to pay the shipping fee on an order I don't want. I still have not recieved any sort of confirmation, tracking number, invoice, or receipt. The last time I called I asked about this. The response was that their email is backed up. I will never use them again"

"They chrage your credit card for some club renewal without asking you every year."

"I ordered two Delonghi space heaters. They both arrived so dented out of shape that it was difficult to even get them running. Now, two months later, one of the heaters has just stopped working. I have no doubt that this is due to the poor condition in which it arrived."

"I received no order confirmation and therefore had no ability to track my order.

The order arrived on time but the product doesn't function. It is now residing in the thrash bin as I have no faith that this company will refund my money with any more integrity than they have shown so far.

The rebate advertised is not a rebate but store credit for future purchases. I would not purchase anything for this store again so again thrash bin.

I live in remote area and the internet shopping is valuable to us. This is the first BAD experience I have had purchasing via internet.

Shame on your company for:
no confirmation of order or tracking ability
rebate trickery
poor quality merchandise

Guess you can tell I am not going to be a return customer.

"I was looking to buy a Uniden corded phone that came with a cordless phone. I saw that Heartland America had the cheapest price. WAY cheaper. I did some research on the internet about them since I had never ordered from them and I saw they give their "rebates" in the form of credit on future orders. I figured I would take advantage of that on a pair of boots my husband wanted so I was ok with that rebate thing as long as I knew ahead of time. I read the ad for the phone thoroughly. Nowhere in the ad did I see the word refurbished. Today I received the phone and what do you know, it's refurbished. I went back to the ad to double check. Nowhere does the ad say refurbished, but it does say "Factory serviced to meet original quality standards." I have never come across this trick before....so keep your eyes out for this if you order from this company. IT MEANS REFURBISHED PRODUCT. Shipping time was very reasonable. I was just not happy with receiving refurbished merchandise. I could probably return this, but something tells me I will have to pay to ship it back and then a restocking fee. If you want to see this phone for yourself, it is the model cxai5198 on their site. "

"No problems here, even though I had heard some unfavorable things about this company at various websites. Ordered on Tuesday, package arrived Friday. Carefully check all the boxes before finalizing order and you will get the advertised price."

"Dishonest about advertising rebates. State on website that purchase would have a $50 mail-in rebate when in fact is only good against next order from site.

Customer service responded I should have checked rebate link while ordering despite acknowledging I would not having sufficient information to file for a rebate.

Share Heartland America's store rating

Heartland America is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Heartland America is not a merchant member
Heartland America does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!