Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

"Received two broken security cameras from Heartland America. The return process is involved and difficult. When I called the company to discuss it the customer service rep was short and nasty with me. When I mentioned how inconvenient this was for me she hung up on me. I called again and the next person did the same thing. So I cancelled all further contact with the company over the process of several more calls and drove to the post office and returned the cameras at my expense and also tracked them. The cameras arrived two days later back at Heartland America. I called and confirmed it with them and asked when I would be credited for the returned merchandise. They said in a couple of days. I called back this evening and found I still have not been credited for the return, but instead they have shipped out two more cameras. I could not believe it and again the customer service rep refused to apologize and acted put off that I was upset I was getting more defective merchandise from Heartland America. She was extremely rude and not the least bit contrite at putting me through further hassles. I called my credit card company who again contacted Heartland America and the woman was again nasty and short with me. It's not my fault they sent broken merchandise, nor is it my fault they sent out more cameras when I told them no less than ten times I didn't want anything else from them. I will never do business with this company again. EVER! And I would highly recommend others avoid them as well. They are horrible."

"I ordered a Cuisinart toaster oven from Heartland because they had the lowest price on the web. After I submitted my credit card information and clicked confirm purchase, a $2.99 processing fee was added as was $9.99 for an extended service agreement which I did not order. The oven is supposed to be in a large box with styrofoam packing (as in the oven I later bought). The oven from Heartland arrived minus Cuisinart's packaging in a box just large enough for the oven to fit in, with the oven wrapped in a single layer of thin bubble wrap. It seemed as if it were packed to assure damage in shipping. And the oven was indeed damaged- the door was completely off the oven and the glass was broken. The company agreed to refund the purchase price minus shipping, could/would not refund the cost of the extended service agreement, would not pay for return shipping and demanded that I insure the package (for an already broken item). I don't know as yet if there is a restocking fee. I have filed a charge dispute with my credit card company. I surmise that the oven was already damaged when shipped (why else would it have been removed from it's original packaging) and my guess is that someone else will be getting this same oven in a future transaction with Heartland."

modified review This review was modified by reweaver on January 17 2008 06:27:11 AM

"I ordered a product. Then i tried to cancel the order. The order had not shipped, but it was sitting in their warehouse. This went on for 2 days. All I was told was that I can refuse shipment once UPS gets there. So I still have to pay the shipping fee on an order I don't want. I still have not recieved any sort of confirmation, tracking number, invoice, or receipt. The last time I called I asked about this. The response was that their email is backed up. I will never use them again"

"They chrage your credit card for some club renewal without asking you every year."

"I ordered two Delonghi space heaters. They both arrived so dented out of shape that it was difficult to even get them running. Now, two months later, one of the heaters has just stopped working. I have no doubt that this is due to the poor condition in which it arrived."

"I received no order confirmation and therefore had no ability to track my order.

The order arrived on time but the product doesn't function. It is now residing in the thrash bin as I have no faith that this company will refund my money with any more integrity than they have shown so far.

The rebate advertised is not a rebate but store credit for future purchases. I would not purchase anything for this store again so again thrash bin.

I live in remote area and the internet shopping is valuable to us. This is the first BAD experience I have had purchasing via internet.

Shame on your company for:
no confirmation of order or tracking ability
rebate trickery
poor quality merchandise

Guess you can tell I am not going to be a return customer.

"I was looking to buy a Uniden corded phone that came with a cordless phone. I saw that Heartland America had the cheapest price. WAY cheaper. I did some research on the internet about them since I had never ordered from them and I saw they give their "rebates" in the form of credit on future orders. I figured I would take advantage of that on a pair of boots my husband wanted so I was ok with that rebate thing as long as I knew ahead of time. I read the ad for the phone thoroughly. Nowhere in the ad did I see the word refurbished. Today I received the phone and what do you know, it's refurbished. I went back to the ad to double check. Nowhere does the ad say refurbished, but it does say "Factory serviced to meet original quality standards." I have never come across this trick before....so keep your eyes out for this if you order from this company. IT MEANS REFURBISHED PRODUCT. Shipping time was very reasonable. I was just not happy with receiving refurbished merchandise. I could probably return this, but something tells me I will have to pay to ship it back and then a restocking fee. If you want to see this phone for yourself, it is the model cxai5198 on their site. "

"No problems here, even though I had heard some unfavorable things about this company at various websites. Ordered on Tuesday, package arrived Friday. Carefully check all the boxes before finalizing order and you will get the advertised price."

"Dishonest about advertising rebates. State on website that purchase would have a $50 mail-in rebate when in fact is only good against next order from site.

Customer service responded I should have checked rebate link while ordering despite acknowledging I would not having sufficient information to file for a rebate.

"I placed my order on 8/18/07 and received a message on my phone on 08/21/07 asking me to verify my order. I called and verified and all seemed ok. I looked today online to get a tracking number if it had shipped and saw it had been canceled. This was never discussed during my call. I called customer service and she verified it was canceled via my phone call the day before. I assured her I had not canceled the order and to just keep it canceled and take me off the mailing list. Never again. There are enough good companies out there that will ship the product(s) within a couple of days..."

"This company has customer reps have no problem solving skills. The item I ordered didn't show up on the email confirmation, only the free shipping club charge, which I didn't want. All over their catalog, they advertise free shipping, but they don't disclose the details; you have to join a club to enjoy the free shipping benefit.

I emailed them within 3 hours of receiving the confirmation email and asked to remove the club and asked for confirmation that my item was shipped. The replied email confirmed the deletion of club fee and the addition of the item plus the regular shipping/handling charges. I got the item and checked the invoice; they sent it 2nd air without my authorization. The email I received about the revision was quoted at a different charge ($10 less than the invoice). I called to have them do something about their shipping order, no one offer to remove the 2nd air charge, they suggested me to return the item for a refund (it cost me money to send it back). Instead I did an exchange because my father really wanted the item in a different size. The returns dept was really nice, but they also didn't offer to credit me the $10 when I told them what happened.

The exchange was fast and painless, but they didn't credit me the extra $10 they charged me for 2nd day air. I have emails that prove that I made no such request, but they didn't offer to help me.

At the end, my credit card company credited me $10 without me having to submit any documentations. My credit company believed me more that the merchant, what does that say about Heartland?

I got my item and this will be the last time I will order from them.

modified review This review was modified by ishop2much on June 28 2007 06:09:05 PM

"Saw an item that was a decent price on their site, with "free shipping!!!" advertised. When I went to buy it, they stuck a handling fee on it and tried to charge me for a $30 'free shipping club'.

Took me 3 emails to get them to admit that there was actually no free shipping at all. You have to buy into their club for $30.

Seemed shady and deceptive to me. I bought elsewhere.

"I've had nothing but, a wonderful experience shopping from Heartland America. I ordered a portable oscillating ceramic heater it has worked great. I've had no disappointments from them. Also, their Internet customer service is wonderful and I wouldn't mind dealing with them again. "

"I ordered a box of 80 Rayovac AAA alkaline batteries, and knowing the Rayovac name, and the fact that they are alkaline batteries, I thought I couldn't go wrong. Boy was I wrong. After several failures in such equipment as my wife's insulin pump and my son's scientific calculator, I decided to take a digital voltmeter to the batteries. To my surprise about 25% of the batteries were DOA, and most others showed way under the 1.5 to 1.6 volts you normally should see with fresh alkaline batteries. I'd say about 10% or less were over 1.5v. The date code on the batteries are 2012, so in my estimation I believe Heartland bought a load of these "factory seconds" and pawned them off on an unsuspecting public. I called customer service today and was politely told there's nothing that can be done since it's been over their alloted return time period. No problem, but they will never get another dime out of me.... "

"Doesn't get much worse than this store. I ordered this as a Christmas present and it was supposedly in stock. I waited 10 days before calling them as I thought my order was likely still in route. To my surprise my ordered was cancelled because the item was never in stock and they never even bothered to email me or call me to tell me the order had been cancelled. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!"

Heartland America is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Heartland America is not a merchant member
Heartland America does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!