• Rating 1.67/10 72 reviews

Heartland America is not a merchant member
    Heartland America does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Heartland America contact information

Product & services pricing Rating 4.38/10 4.38/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.13/10 3.13/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"I ordered two Delonghi space heaters. They both arrived so dented out of shape that it was difficult to even get them running. Now, two months later, one of the heaters has just stopped working. I have no doubt that this is due to the poor condition in which it arrived."

"I received no order confirmation and therefore had no ability to track my order.

The order arrived on time but the product doesn't function. It is now residing in the thrash bin as I have no faith that this company will refund my money with any more integrity than they have shown so far.

The rebate advertised is not a rebate but store credit for future purchases. I would not purchase anything for this store again so again thrash bin.

I live in remote area and the internet shopping is valuable to us. This is the first BAD experience I have had purchasing via internet.

Shame on your company for:
no confirmation of order or tracking ability
rebate trickery
poor quality merchandise

Guess you can tell I am not going to be a return customer.

"I was looking to buy a Uniden corded phone that came with a cordless phone. I saw that Heartland America had the cheapest price. WAY cheaper. I did some research on the internet about them since I had never ordered from them and I saw they give their "rebates" in the form of credit on future orders. I figured I would take advantage of that on a pair of boots my husband wanted so I was ok with that rebate thing as long as I knew ahead of time. I read the ad for the phone thoroughly. Nowhere in the ad did I see the word refurbished. Today I received the phone and what do you know, it's refurbished. I went back to the ad to double check. Nowhere does the ad say refurbished, but it does say "Factory serviced to meet original quality standards." I have never come across this trick before....so keep your eyes out for this if you order from this company. IT MEANS REFURBISHED PRODUCT. Shipping time was very reasonable. I was just not happy with receiving refurbished merchandise. I could probably return this, but something tells me I will have to pay to ship it back and then a restocking fee. If you want to see this phone for yourself, it is the model cxai5198 on their site. "

"No problems here, even though I had heard some unfavorable things about this company at various websites. Ordered on Tuesday, package arrived Friday. Carefully check all the boxes before finalizing order and you will get the advertised price."

"Dishonest about advertising rebates. State on website that purchase would have a $50 mail-in rebate when in fact is only good against next order from site.

Customer service responded I should have checked rebate link while ordering despite acknowledging I would not having sufficient information to file for a rebate.

"I placed my order on 8/18/07 and received a message on my phone on 08/21/07 asking me to verify my order. I called and verified and all seemed ok. I looked today online to get a tracking number if it had shipped and saw it had been canceled. This was never discussed during my call. I called customer service and she verified it was canceled via my phone call the day before. I assured her I had not canceled the order and to just keep it canceled and take me off the mailing list. Never again. There are enough good companies out there that will ship the product(s) within a couple of days..."

"This company has customer reps have no problem solving skills. The item I ordered didn't show up on the email confirmation, only the free shipping club charge, which I didn't want. All over their catalog, they advertise free shipping, but they don't disclose the details; you have to join a club to enjoy the free shipping benefit.

I emailed them within 3 hours of receiving the confirmation email and asked to remove the club and asked for confirmation that my item was shipped. The replied email confirmed the deletion of club fee and the addition of the item plus the regular shipping/handling charges. I got the item and checked the invoice; they sent it 2nd air without my authorization. The email I received about the revision was quoted at a different charge ($10 less than the invoice). I called to have them do something about their shipping order, no one offer to remove the 2nd air charge, they suggested me to return the item for a refund (it cost me money to send it back). Instead I did an exchange because my father really wanted the item in a different size. The returns dept was really nice, but they also didn't offer to credit me the $10 when I told them what happened.

The exchange was fast and painless, but they didn't credit me the extra $10 they charged me for 2nd day air. I have emails that prove that I made no such request, but they didn't offer to help me.

At the end, my credit card company credited me $10 without me having to submit any documentations. My credit company believed me more that the merchant, what does that say about Heartland?

I got my item and this will be the last time I will order from them.

modified review This review was modified by ishop2much on June 28 2007 06:09:05 PM

"Saw an item that was a decent price on their site, with "free shipping!!!" advertised. When I went to buy it, they stuck a handling fee on it and tried to charge me for a $30 'free shipping club'.

Took me 3 emails to get them to admit that there was actually no free shipping at all. You have to buy into their club for $30.

Seemed shady and deceptive to me. I bought elsewhere.

"I've had nothing but, a wonderful experience shopping from Heartland America. I ordered a portable oscillating ceramic heater it has worked great. I've had no disappointments from them. Also, their Internet customer service is wonderful and I wouldn't mind dealing with them again. "

"I ordered a box of 80 Rayovac AAA alkaline batteries, and knowing the Rayovac name, and the fact that they are alkaline batteries, I thought I couldn't go wrong. Boy was I wrong. After several failures in such equipment as my wife's insulin pump and my son's scientific calculator, I decided to take a digital voltmeter to the batteries. To my surprise about 25% of the batteries were DOA, and most others showed way under the 1.5 to 1.6 volts you normally should see with fresh alkaline batteries. I'd say about 10% or less were over 1.5v. The date code on the batteries are 2012, so in my estimation I believe Heartland bought a load of these "factory seconds" and pawned them off on an unsuspecting public. I called customer service today and was politely told there's nothing that can be done since it's been over their alloted return time period. No problem, but they will never get another dime out of me.... "

"Doesn't get much worse than this store. I ordered this as a Christmas present and it was supposedly in stock. I waited 10 days before calling them as I thought my order was likely still in route. To my surprise my ordered was cancelled because the item was never in stock and they never even bothered to email me or call me to tell me the order had been cancelled. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!"

"Placed order 12/7/06. 12/11/06 I received junk mail addressed to the unique e-mail alias I created to shop here. I never opted in nor had an opportunity to opt out of receiving SPAM, and the SPAM I received did not have a removal mechanism.

I called Heartland to cancel my order. Remarkably even though it had been 4 days since I placed the order, they still had not shipped it so I was able to cancel the order (that's pretty slow shipping). I asked the operator to cancel the order and remove my e-mail address.

If you do not like to receive unsolicited SPAM do not buy from Fartland!

" Unbelievably bad experience, and worst customer svce.reps have ever dealt with. Ordered Compaq computer system and Koler computer desk 10/13/06 online, which said allow 2-4 wks.for delivery, and would send me e-mail b4 shipping. After 3-1/2 wks.called to see when would be delivered so could be home. Several reps said just be patient and wait and h/up on me. Finally got rep who gave me name/# of vendor, GCM. Called them and said would be delivered next day, which it was. However, no user's manual or system diskette; had Windows 98 instead of advertised Windows 2000; 20GB hard drive instead of 40GB; printer box had been opened up b4 shipping and both printer cartridges removed (prob. so they could re-sell them and make more money!). Called GCM for 4 hrs. but always holding; finally c/b and asked for mgr.;got shipping mgr. who would not send out replacement S/W and H/w. C/b Heartland and supv. told me deal w/them and h/up. C/b GCM and asked 4 same mgr.; told him give me RMA, was rtng. whole system; sd. would be p/up in 1-3 days; was 1 wk.later. C/b Heartland; told them comp.rtnd. and gave RMA# and cancel desk and refund credit card, which actually wasn't charged,even 1 wk.ago when I checkd. 2day, 11/28, desk show up, which I refused. Called credit card co., sd. entire order chgd. to card 11/22. C/b Heartland and again treated vy.rudely by supv. who claimed I nvr. cancelled, but already showed I refused desk, but sd. GCM hasn't gotten comp. back yet, which was p/up 11/10. They refuse to credit my card until desk and computer rcvd.back by vendors. Had to start dispute w/credit card co. What a bunch of ripoffs!"

"I actually did not purchase this order from the store, but it was charged to my credit card. When I attempted to find out what was going on, (after three letters addressed to me regarding declined authorization), the customer service person rudely told me that she could do nothing to help me. When I asked to speak to a supervisor I was told she was the only person I could talk to and that I could write the president of the company. I WILL NOT do business with this company in the future. "

"I have nothing but good things to say about Heartland America. I've been doing business with them for at least five years and never had a problem. You have to be careful when checking out and uncheck where it says you want to joing the club, if you do not want to. Also make sure to get the coupon number from the catalog and write it on the space provided,if they are offering no shipping charge, otherwise you'll get charge for shipping. The prices at this store are very reasonable and shipping is fast. "