Heartland America Reviews - page 3 - Heartlandamerica.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 1.67/10 72 reviews

Heartland America is not a merchant member
Heartland America does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

Rating 6/103/5

"I purchased a "sale item" at $12.98, and used a coupon to get some discount. Final cost is $5.98, and I made a screen capture. As soon as I clicked "submit", the final cost suddenly changed to $21.93 retail price, and they attempted to charge my card at that price. (I used virtual card with limited credit of $6, so the charge was not successful.)

I sent them my screen capture, but my email was not responded, instead, they sent me email asking for another credit card. I called in, and the service rep was quite rude. I told him I can email or fax in my screen capture, but was declined, saying he has no access to internet or fax. In the end, he agrees to cancel my order.

After I sent an email to complain, a customer service rep (Mr. Kutz) got back to me right away (in an hour!). He's nice and helpful, and offered to adjust the price for me.

My advice is: On this site, use virtual card with limit credit if you have one. Email customer service directly from their website if you have issues.

modified review This review was modified by raymondshih on May 13 2009 08:55:04 AM

Rating 8/104/5

"I bought a shortwave radio from there and it great shipping. When I got it home. Popped the included batteries from the 96 pack. I tested the receiver out and the reception compared to my S350 DL at RS the AM reception was kinda average on 530 kHz and did not tune below 525 kHz to 519 kHz like other one I have. Anyways the radio performed ok."

"I am quite happy with my purchase. ordered the projector clock over the phone. it arrived promptly and i paid a great price. Negative: free shipping and then charging 3 bucks for handling is a bit deceptive."

"Worst customer service experience in years!
I ordered an item then learned a family member had purchased a similar one as a gift. So before the Heartland order arrived, I called Customer Service to explain and asked how to return without incurring shipping. Was told to refuse at the door or take it to a UPS center if I missed the driver. Sure enough, I missed the driver. Next day, took the unopened package to a UPS center (Staples). Got a return tracking slip. Three days later, the same package arrived at my door, again while I was not home. Called Heartland. A person identifying themselves as a supervisor had no patience for the story. Attitude, attitude, attitude! Although a Heartland customer for over 17 years, no offer to help with the postage or simply to understand that I simply did what a Heartland rep. told me to do; and which should have been logged on my order screen. Bottom line: besides the aggravating interaction with a so-called supervisor whose impudence is trumped only by a company that has apparently lost 'heart' for its customers,it's costing me $8 dollars for shipping. And BTW: I learned and confirmed,that Buy.com has exactly the same item (refurb. GPS) at $45 dollars less. I urge you to be very careful with what the 'real' cost of dealing with Heartland America is. Other dissatisfied customer reviews are worth paying attention to. No wonder Heartland does not subscribe to customer review services like this one.

"Received a refurbish DVD burner instead of new, fortunately it works. Item suppose to be new as posted. store not honestly shows item condition. Never gamble again."

"Everything I ordered was made in China and not made in the "Heartland America". All junk. Nothing was a good value. My 1250 watt power inverter would not even power 850 Watts. I got around to test it a few days after the return date so they refused to take it back. I am out $80.99 plus shipping. I will never order from them again. Just one more that think it's OK to be a thief in the work place. Shame on you!"

"We received a special catalog pronouncing big savings and free shipping. I figured, what can you lose?

As it turns out, you lose a big amount of time.

We ordered an item and received a $10 off coupon in addition to free shipping. Fair enough. What they don't tell you is that they tack on a $2.99 charge for "processing," whatever that means.

In addition, the item we ordered on 8/8/2008 has been back ordered till 9/12/08. And even then, we're not sure if it will make it. Consider that it will probably take another two weeks before they ship the item when it is finally in stock, I have decided that my first order with this firm will also be my last.

Why order from a company that doesn't even keep its own stock available for buying?

Avoid at all costs. My guess is that the company is a scam...they collect your money, put it in a high yield money market account while you wait forever or get substandard products.

I think it's time that the Federal Trade Commission finds out about these crooks.

modified review This review was modified by Quaczar on September 02 2008 08:28:44 PM

" My wife and I purchase a laptop from Heartland America to give to our Daughter I'm disable so we live on a set bugget the first one we got we had to send back because it didn't work and it took over two weeks before we were told to send it back to a company called GCM INC. who was the ones that fixs and goes over them after 7 weeks I had to call to get a laptop sent back this next laptop was over eight years old and would not read the internet card so you could not get on the internet plus keys stick and the cursor moves on it's own after working on it and updating the programs we were able to get on line but still had the other things wrong we tryed to go through Heartland to get us one that work right or give us a refund to this heartland told us it was not there problem and it was up to GCM I have writen to Heartland using the add as a go by telling them we did not buy the laptop from GMC and It was not GMC saleperson who we talk to all this to no help. I have even wrote to GCM and have heard nothing so much for Satisfaction Guarantee and if you can find it in writing you se it is only good for three day We lost over 400.00 don't make our mistake if you see it for sale here buy from someone else the best thing Heartland could do would be get a back bone and stand up for what thay sell."

"I tried to order from Heartland America, order number above. First item was "no longer available". Second item was ordered and it took 3 days for the order to be confirmed. They said it takes that long to verify my credit card information. How'd you like to stand in line at Wal-Mart for 3 days to buy something with a credit card.

So, the order goes through and it was immediately backordered until the 17th. Called on that day and they said it was backorderd until the 25th. I cancelled the order. This was all a result of receiving a catalog that said "we want you back". This is not the way to get get customers back.

Rating 8/104/5

"Ordered a humidifier from them. Shipping was a little slow, but I got the item I was expecting. No issues with the ordering process or product itself.

Couple of negatives is that they aggressively send e-mail advertisements almost daily. I've gotten annoyed enough to opt-out today...hopefully they respect the request. They also charge some type of "order/handling fee" which is a bit unusual. They do state it before you checkout, but it does add to th cost of the item and it's a little misleading to hit you with it at the end.

"I have been dealing with them for years, usually no problem. Last order was incomplete. Customer service person was nice and said that things "looked strange" under my account. She transferred me to a supervisor (5 min. wait) who was nasty, rude, and said I could write to the president. When I threatened a Federal Trade Commission contact, she hung up. A very rude person! She was the supervisor of the nice person! "

"Received two broken security cameras from Heartland America. The return process is involved and difficult. When I called the company to discuss it the customer service rep was short and nasty with me. When I mentioned how inconvenient this was for me she hung up on me. I called again and the next person did the same thing. So I cancelled all further contact with the company over the process of several more calls and drove to the post office and returned the cameras at my expense and also tracked them. The cameras arrived two days later back at Heartland America. I called and confirmed it with them and asked when I would be credited for the returned merchandise. They said in a couple of days. I called back this evening and found I still have not been credited for the return, but instead they have shipped out two more cameras. I could not believe it and again the customer service rep refused to apologize and acted put off that I was upset I was getting more defective merchandise from Heartland America. She was extremely rude and not the least bit contrite at putting me through further hassles. I called my credit card company who again contacted Heartland America and the woman was again nasty and short with me. It's not my fault they sent broken merchandise, nor is it my fault they sent out more cameras when I told them no less than ten times I didn't want anything else from them. I will never do business with this company again. EVER! And I would highly recommend others avoid them as well. They are horrible."

"I ordered a Cuisinart toaster oven from Heartland because they had the lowest price on the web. After I submitted my credit card information and clicked confirm purchase, a $2.99 processing fee was added as was $9.99 for an extended service agreement which I did not order. The oven is supposed to be in a large box with styrofoam packing (as in the oven I later bought). The oven from Heartland arrived minus Cuisinart's packaging in a box just large enough for the oven to fit in, with the oven wrapped in a single layer of thin bubble wrap. It seemed as if it were packed to assure damage in shipping. And the oven was indeed damaged- the door was completely off the oven and the glass was broken. The company agreed to refund the purchase price minus shipping, could/would not refund the cost of the extended service agreement, would not pay for return shipping and demanded that I insure the package (for an already broken item). I don't know as yet if there is a restocking fee. I have filed a charge dispute with my credit card company. I surmise that the oven was already damaged when shipped (why else would it have been removed from it's original packaging) and my guess is that someone else will be getting this same oven in a future transaction with Heartland."

modified review This review was modified by reweaver on January 17 2008 06:27:11 AM

"I ordered a product. Then i tried to cancel the order. The order had not shipped, but it was sitting in their warehouse. This went on for 2 days. All I was told was that I can refuse shipment once UPS gets there. So I still have to pay the shipping fee on an order I don't want. I still have not recieved any sort of confirmation, tracking number, invoice, or receipt. The last time I called I asked about this. The response was that their email is backed up. I will never use them again"

"They chrage your credit card for some club renewal without asking you every year."