Stores > Heartland America

Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

2010-12-27

"2 times i ordered from heartlessland and 2 times very disatisfied!!!! Havent received my product but already paid my credit card for it! PLUS!!!!>>>> what rebate????? why would I want a 10.00 gift card??? OH YEAH.... to get ripped off again!!! Already went to BBB! Also, would be nice to know if product was on backorder or unavailable i wouldnt have order it!!!"

2010-12-26

"THIS COMPANY DOES NOT STAND BEHIND WHAT THEY SELL!! I PURCHASED SHOE STRETCHERS - THE 1ST ONE WORKED OKAY, THE 2ND BROKE INTO 4 PIECES AT THE FIRST TURN OF THE SCREW (BEFORE IT WAS EVEN IN THE SHOE)! IT TOOK 3 EMAILS TO GET A REPLY FROM CUSTOMER SERVICE. THEY SAID "SEND IT BACK & WE'LL REPLACE" BUT TO SEND IT BACK WOULD COST $10.20 - BUT THEY WILL ONLY PAY $1.00 TOWARDS POSTAGE! SO I WOULD END UP PAYING ANOTHER $9.20 TO REPLACE A $9.95 ITEM WITH NO ASSURANCE THAT IT WOULD NOT BE DEFECTIVE UPON ARRIVAL.
MY 2ND SHIPMENT CONTAINED A HEATER WITH A BROKEN SWITCH!!
I'VE LEARNED MY LESSON - THEY SELL JUNK!! AND, OFFER NO CUSTOMER "SERVICE".
DON'T GET STUCK LIKE I DID - AVOID THEM!

2010-11-11

"I ordered 2/2pack Item nr. 36142 100 LED Flashlights. When I installed Batteries none of the lights would work. I did some testing and discovered that on one of the battery contacts, the plastic around the contact was too narrow to allow the positive end of the battery to make contact. I had to slice a piece of plastic off each side of the contact retainer to make them function properly. Also, The packing of the units in the shipping box was terrible with the units placed in a very thin bubble wrap and placed on the very bottom of the box with a large air bubble placed on top. there was very little insulation between the units and the bottom of the box. NOT GOOD!!!
It looks clear to me that there was no function testing done at the factory for these flashlights. Several of the plastic holders were severely warped. On some, I had to force the batteries in with a screwdriver. This tension could very well lead to breakage later on.
On a positive note, I still have and love the first LED I ordered from Heartland. It is a rubberized, 10 LED that uses 4 D cells and it is my absolute favorite flashlight. I have had this one for probably seven or eight years and it goes everywhere with me.

This review was modified by kenclark76 on November 11 2010 08:30:14 AM

2010-10-29

"We ordered a cuckoo clock and got a $20 gift card with it. So we thought of ordering an air bed online. During checkout, I tried to key in my gift card code and it wouldn't accept and update my total order. So I called the customer care for assistance. The guy had no intentions of actually helping me. he spoke so rudely as if he was in a rush and told me he wd help me only if i order it on the phone. So I started the ordering process on the phone...half way through he asks me to go ahead and order it online...I dont know for wat reason! He was so rude and just hung up on my face....Heartland America...its a total disgrace to have such customer service. I will never shop here again and wdn't recommend it for anyone. I dont want to give even a single star. It doesnt deserve a star!"

2010-10-11

"HORRIBLE PRODUCTS AND EVEN WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE! GARBAGE!

Today, October 11, 2010 at approximately 10:35 a.m. MST my husband called to and spoke with a much less than competent employee and then he asked for a supervisor and I spoke with the supervisor "Aimee" employee #169. Not only was Aimee rude, impatient, she also called my husband a liar and I am more than infuriated with this horrendous assumption. She stated something to the effect of "once he found out he couldn't get the return shipping refunded because it is wireless he changed his story." No, he ELABORATED! How DARE she, how DARE she!!!!! Say my husband is a liar! Is this what you consider customer service?!! I am angered more than you could fathom! When I asked for "Aimee's" supervisor she said I would have to write a letter! I hope you have our conversation recorded because she needs to be among the unemployed!

Now about the original issue! We had purchased the "wireless" cameras and they produced snowy pictures and lines. So my husband then tried to hard-line the cameras and had the same issues. The cameras and receivers were placed less than 2 feet apart so it was not a distance problem. We then decided that after all options had been exhausted it would be best to return these cameras and ask for assistance regarding something better suited for us by your staff. However, we noticed we would have to pay return shipping and felt it was unfair since the product does not do as stated. This is when the horrid Aimee came into the picture and sealed the deal that we will not buy from Heartland America again. Anyone whom can put such a vile creature in a position of supervisor obviously is out of touch with their customers.

This review was modified by DesiBruce on October 11 2010 10:13:56 AM

2010-09-25

"I placed an order that I made a mistake on, and Heartland America caught the mistake that I made and quickly corrected it. I both e-mailed and spoke with someone over the phone. I found their customer service to be quite good, actually, and they corrected the mistake quickly."

2010-09-09

"Dissappointed. I doubt this is a 'Prodigy' Acoustic Guitar. It is more of a childs guitar than an adults. There are no markings other than a small 'Made In China' sticker on the back of the neck. It looks like I was sent a customer returned guitar, as it has scratches on it. Since it would cost more than what I paid for it to return it, I will keep it and chalk it up to experience. I will go to the local guitar center and buy a real name brand guitar."

2010-08-16

"Got two record players,and they are both defective,returned one,had to pay $35.00 to ship it back, and have to wait a month to get the new one. Avoid their electronics like the plague. Their customer service came off very smug and uncaring. I used to love them, now I hate them.
Never sending them my money again.

2010-07-16

"Never received order number. Outside of initial e-mail confirming order, never received any communication!

Buyer beware of this company. I order stuff all the time on the internet and this company is truly an example of incompetent CS. I requested refund and CS suppled me with a bogus tracking number.

Bottom line, agents could care less what customer does or thinks. Given the poor control of CS issues, the higher than normal prices and the general line of cheap "made in prison" garbage they sell, my question is how does this company stay in business?

Update 7/17/2010:

Tracking number they supplied finally listed item as "electronic information received."

Called CS again today and requested they e-mail me my order number and shipping information. They stated they would put in a request for that--- request?

Virtually all CS agents sound beat up and have quick tempers. I am so done with Heartland America.

This review was modified by cwhite334455 on July 17 2010 12:41:21 PM

2010-06-24

"ordered a tornado string trimmer. the item was came quikcer that expected. item was in good condition; well packed. past december i purchased and internet radio and photo patrol security cam. had to replace the photo patrol cam because usb was not connecting to pc and without calling cust svc but by using their invoice packed with their shipment i got a fast response and the item was replaced without any issues. so my experience is good."

2010-06-16

"I recently purchased a hang-up from Heart Land America. when I purchased the product over the phone, the girl told me that I would not have any trouble putting it together, only two handles she said. So I was sold. when it arrived, I found it to be much too complicated to put together. two many srewes nuts and bolts, could't understand manual..no picture, no cd. to follow through on. So I waned to return it...but customer service, when I called three times, refused to help me out, refused to send me a return label, said I had to send i myself, it is too heavy for me to get it in the car, I am an older lady, and live alone, and have no help for anyone to do it for me...had they sent me a c.d. to follow instructions that would have been more helpful,,,all three customer service rep, were rude, had an attitude, and one hung up on me...will never do business with this company again.I offered to pay for the return label, but they all refuses...I have never had dealings with a company who not only does not help, does not provide, return policy labels. I am totally discusted, and now have to sell it on line, as I have no way of getting it to the p,o. to return it...it would cost me as much as what I paid for it. the worst company I have ever dealt with."

This review was modified by trish153 on June 16 2010 12:35:49 PM

2010-06-05

"I placed two separate orders on March 7 2010
It is now June 5 2010. I have not received them. They keep saying my orders are back-ordered yet they are still selling them, (Carpenter Jeans)
It has been over three Months! I have called customer service numerous times but that was a waste of time. They are all like broken records, saying my item is back ordered and will ship next week. Next week has never come.
I will never, ever order from them again!

This review was modified by jeff and sue on June 06 2010 07:46:52 AM

2010-02-10

"There was no order confirmation. Item just shipped. We refused personally with usps. Heartland says they did not receive return for three weeks. Now, another fourteen days to credit account. to date, no credit. Customer service very aloof and unconcerned."

2009-10-16

"I have been with this club as a valued member, yeah value for them not me, since many years now.

I recently purchased a pair of shoes, ok, everything was ok, but I notice that less then a month later the shoes are reduced in there catalog, i call for a refund. Well quess what I missed the 60 days by 15 days, so no refund.

Ok, then couldn't they give me a break, as a valued member, no, so I then asked to cancel my membership, well sure, but wouldn't you know I saved so much on my items, as a valued member, and I did spend a lot of money, they said that my cancellation refund on the remaining 7 months or so could not be refunded as it was covered on the savings I had made from being a "valued" member. LoL, you got to be joking Heartlessland.

So much for being valued? i wrote them an email explaining that I will now save a lot more money searching on-line, and at other walk in stores.

Thanks, but no thanks, and you should avoid too.

2009-08-11

"Dont buy from this store ever again they cancel orders with no reason given. They have poor customer service. Never ever buy from them"

Share Heartland America's store rating

Heartland America is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Heartland America is not a merchant member
Heartland America does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!