• Heartland Ameri

Product & services pricing Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"Got two record players,and they are both defective,returned one,had to pay $35.00 to ship it back, and have to wait a month to get the new one. Avoid their electronics like the plague. Their customer service came off very smug and uncaring. I used to love them, now I hate them.
Never sending them my money again.

"Never received order number. Outside of initial e-mail confirming order, never received any communication!

Buyer beware of this company. I order stuff all the time on the internet and this company is truly an example of incompetent CS. I requested refund and CS suppled me with a bogus tracking number.

Bottom line, agents could care less what customer does or thinks. Given the poor control of CS issues, the higher than normal prices and the general line of cheap "made in prison" garbage they sell, my question is how does this company stay in business?

Update 7/17/2010:

Tracking number they supplied finally listed item as "electronic information received."

Called CS again today and requested they e-mail me my order number and shipping information. They stated they would put in a request for that--- request?

Virtually all CS agents sound beat up and have quick tempers. I am so done with Heartland America.

modified review This review was modified by cwhite334455 on July 17 2010 12:41:21 PM

"ordered a tornado string trimmer. the item was came quikcer that expected. item was in good condition; well packed. past december i purchased and internet radio and photo patrol security cam. had to replace the photo patrol cam because usb was not connecting to pc and without calling cust svc but by using their invoice packed with their shipment i got a fast response and the item was replaced without any issues. so my experience is good."

"I recently purchased a hang-up from Heart Land America. when I purchased the product over the phone, the girl told me that I would not have any trouble putting it together, only two handles she said. So I was sold. when it arrived, I found it to be much too complicated to put together. two many srewes nuts and bolts, could't understand manual..no picture, no cd. to follow through on. So I waned to return it...but customer service, when I called three times, refused to help me out, refused to send me a return label, said I had to send i myself, it is too heavy for me to get it in the car, I am an older lady, and live alone, and have no help for anyone to do it for me...had they sent me a c.d. to follow instructions that would have been more helpful,,,all three customer service rep, were rude, had an attitude, and one hung up on me...will never do business with this company again.I offered to pay for the return label, but they all refuses...I have never had dealings with a company who not only does not help, does not provide, return policy labels. I am totally discusted, and now have to sell it on line, as I have no way of getting it to the p,o. to return it...it would cost me as much as what I paid for it. the worst company I have ever dealt with."

modified review This review was modified by trish153 on June 16 2010 12:35:49 PM

"I placed two separate orders on March 7 2010
It is now June 5 2010. I have not received them. They keep saying my orders are back-ordered yet they are still selling them, (Carpenter Jeans)
It has been over three Months! I have called customer service numerous times but that was a waste of time. They are all like broken records, saying my item is back ordered and will ship next week. Next week has never come.
I will never, ever order from them again!

modified review This review was modified by jeff and sue on June 06 2010 07:46:52 AM

"There was no order confirmation. Item just shipped. We refused personally with usps. Heartland says they did not receive return for three weeks. Now, another fourteen days to credit account. to date, no credit. Customer service very aloof and unconcerned."

"I have been with this club as a valued member, yeah value for them not me, since many years now.

I recently purchased a pair of shoes, ok, everything was ok, but I notice that less then a month later the shoes are reduced in there catalog, i call for a refund. Well quess what I missed the 60 days by 15 days, so no refund.

Ok, then couldn't they give me a break, as a valued member, no, so I then asked to cancel my membership, well sure, but wouldn't you know I saved so much on my items, as a valued member, and I did spend a lot of money, they said that my cancellation refund on the remaining 7 months or so could not be refunded as it was covered on the savings I had made from being a "valued" member. LoL, you got to be joking Heartlessland.

So much for being valued? i wrote them an email explaining that I will now save a lot more money searching on-line, and at other walk in stores.

Thanks, but no thanks, and you should avoid too.

"Dont buy from this store ever again they cancel orders with no reason given. They have poor customer service. Never ever buy from them"

"I order May 13th with a $10 off coupon code that went through when i made my order.

I then did not get an email with my receipt, however 5 days later, i got an email saying that my order was shipped without a price by the way. When i receive the grill, the receipt says full price!! I called customer service and they told me that the coupon is only good for order over $25. However my order did go through with the $10 off coupon.

NEVER ORDER FROM HEARTLAND AMERICA AGAIN!!!

"I purchased a "sale item" at $12.98, and used a coupon to get some discount. Final cost is $5.98, and I made a screen capture. As soon as I clicked "submit", the final cost suddenly changed to $21.93 retail price, and they attempted to charge my card at that price. (I used virtual card with limited credit of $6, so the charge was not successful.)

I sent them my screen capture, but my email was not responded, instead, they sent me email asking for another credit card. I called in, and the service rep was quite rude. I told him I can email or fax in my screen capture, but was declined, saying he has no access to internet or fax. In the end, he agrees to cancel my order.

After I sent an email to complain, a customer service rep (Mr. Kutz) got back to me right away (in an hour!). He's nice and helpful, and offered to adjust the price for me.

My advice is: On this site, use virtual card with limit credit if you have one. Email customer service directly from their website if you have issues.

modified review This review was modified by raymondshih on May 13 2009 08:55:04 AM

"Sleazy on-line merchant. I selected 2 digital voice recorders and placed them in my cart. Entered my credit card information and submitted order. However, the confirmed order had suddenly changed to 1 digital recorder and 1 Value Club America Membership that was the same price as the digital recorder. Sneaky, sleazy - worst than bait-and-switch fraud. Called Customer Service: one rep referred me to a non-existent web site for order updates, second rep said she couldn't help! Thank God I used a credit card! Now, I have the hassle of disputing this fraudlent charge. "

"I bought a shortwave radio from there and it great shipping. When I got it home. Popped the included batteries from the 96 pack. I tested the receiver out and the reception compared to my S350 DL at RS the AM reception was kinda average on 530 kHz and did not tune below 525 kHz to 519 kHz like other one I have. Anyways the radio performed ok."

"I am quite happy with my purchase. ordered the projector clock over the phone. it arrived promptly and i paid a great price. Negative: free shipping and then charging 3 bucks for handling is a bit deceptive."

"Worst customer service experience in years!
I ordered an item then learned a family member had purchased a similar one as a gift. So before the Heartland order arrived, I called Customer Service to explain and asked how to return without incurring shipping. Was told to refuse at the door or take it to a UPS center if I missed the driver. Sure enough, I missed the driver. Next day, took the unopened package to a UPS center (Staples). Got a return tracking slip. Three days later, the same package arrived at my door, again while I was not home. Called Heartland. A person identifying themselves as a supervisor had no patience for the story. Attitude, attitude, attitude! Although a Heartland customer for over 17 years, no offer to help with the postage or simply to understand that I simply did what a Heartland rep. told me to do; and which should have been logged on my order screen. Bottom line: besides the aggravating interaction with a so-called supervisor whose impudence is trumped only by a company that has apparently lost 'heart' for its customers,it's costing me $8 dollars for shipping. And BTW: I learned and confirmed,that Buy.com has exactly the same item (refurb. GPS) at $45 dollars less. I urge you to be very careful with what the 'real' cost of dealing with Heartland America is. Other dissatisfied customer reviews are worth paying attention to. No wonder Heartland does not subscribe to customer review services like this one.

"Received a refurbish DVD burner instead of new, fortunately it works. Item suppose to be new as posted. store not honestly shows item condition. Never gamble again."

Share Heartland America's store rating

Heartland America is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Heartland America is not a merchant member
Heartland America does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!