Stores > GrabAGun.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.44/10 4.44/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.00/10 4.00/10

Charges your card before shipping, then cancels order - poor business practice

"With all the good reviews here, let me write about a NOT very good experience with Grab-a-Gun. I’ve had my eye on a S&W M&P22 Compact. I saw on Slickguns that Grab-a-gun had a great price, so I went to the site and they were sold out. Filled out the ‘web notify’ option and got a notice it was in stock on Jan 21. I quickly went to line and ordered the gun for $265.40. I received a notification confirming the order in short order.

On Jan 22 my credit card was charged for the full amount, plus shipping.
However, I then get an e-mail on Jan 24 (two days after my card is charged) that the gun was not in stock and my order is cancelled. My card is not refunded until Jan 25.

I immediately replied (Jan 24) I was willing to wait until it came back into stock. Now before I received a reply to that e-mail, I get another e-mail from them on Jan 28 that says gun is now back in stock…of course, now it’s a lot more expensive. The new price on Jan 29 was $344.29 - $78.79 dollars more than what I originally purchased it for and was charged for. They did offer me $5.99 off. The price has now dropped to $329, still considerably higher. They didn’t even bother to respond to my last e-mail about this.

Now at the very least, Grab-A-Gun is charging people before an item is shipped (in fact, days before they are even know if they even have that item). In internet commerce, that’s a pretty sketchy practice and a problem on its own.

But it sure looks like they sold me a gun, charged me for a gun, then changed their minds about the price, cancelled the order, and then put the gun back in stock at a much higher price about a day later. That’s a pretty poor way to run a business that heavily relies on fairly blind trust. So, buyers beware when dealing with these folks; mine was not a good experience.

This review was modified by SeattleAl on February 10 2016 08:57:10 PM

GRAB A GUN that does not work.

"I purchased a weapon that had a dozen Failure to Fires (FTFs) first time at the range w/in 100 rounds. I send the weapon in for warranty service to the manufacture. Weapon came back and continued to have numerous (FTFs) within 300-400 rounds. Weapon was purchased for Law Enforcement Use. Several other LE officers used the weapon and had the same FTFs. In a month and a half of ownership, the weapon has been in for service for over 3 weeks total. The manufacture says..."ask your gun dealer for a refunds." Grab A Gun says..."Ask your manufacture for a refund." Meanwhile, I'm currently without my new weapon. Once I have it back from the manufacture. I'll have a weapon that I won't trust for LE duty.

To be fair to Grab-A-Gun. The purchase was a fine experience. Bought online and shipped quick. But their customer service phone wait is about 30 mins (which I have experienced about 5 times through this process). Once you get them on the phone they don't offer to help with my situation.

I don't know how other gun dealers would handle this situation. Maybe this is an industry standard.

This review was modified by ANL78 on January 30 2016 05:48:05 AM

No issues at all! Great experience!!

"Ordered my rifle on a Friday, received it the following Tuesday. Exactly as described, kept me posted of progress, and there were no surprises. Very smooth and efficient transaction. I do live in the Houston area, and they are in Dallas. So, that explains the fast shipping. But, the fact that they got it shipped on Monday when I ordered it on Friday, is just great customer service for ordering a gun. For an online gun purchase, I don't see how it could be better."

"I purchased a barrel for one of my rifles. They took the money and never shipped any product. I have emailed, and called repeatedly. Every time it is the same lie. We will email the warehouse and get back to you. Which they never do. I now have filed a complaint with BATF Dallas division. "

"Excellent Service, Ordered A 5" M1911 Came in perfect condition, no failures or misfeeds, built solid (ATI FX M1911 5") what you see is what you get, also fast shipping! (2-3 days) to reach my ffl!"

"Purchased a pistol on line. Contacted my FFL dealer to give the info. to Grab a Gun and after 15 min. of being on hold the dealer gave up. I tried contacting them by email twice and once by phone with no luck. "

"I was on the Grab-A Gun mailing list for years and responded to an email in which they invited me to call for a price on a Sig P229 Extreme. The Gentleman on the phone was pleasant enough and informed me that the price was $799 - a decent price. While still considering calling back, on 5 November, while on vacation, I noticed that their website listed a price of $659.49 - an excellent price. I immediately purchased it online, something I've done numerous times with other merchants.

On 6 November I received the following message:

In the email exchange that followed, Grab-A-Gun tried to justify the rejection - essentially, I was not "allowed" to purchase the item because I was on vacation - "too much distance between my IP address and my physical address". Bear in mind - this was using a US Credit Card, with a US address, and a US FFL where I would have had to show up in person and prove my identity before taking possession of the firearm. I.e. this was an extremely low risk transaction for them since they had successfully charged my card for the full amount and postage. Given all that, I found their "possible fraud" excuse suspicious to say the least.

I note that the very next morning - i.e. literally within a handful of hours, the price was changed on their website to $799.00. Most likely there was a pricing error on their part and they did not wish to own up to it. I could have accepted it had they taken responsibility for the rejection being due to a mistake and if they had offered to make it right in some way even if they could not meet the $659.42 price - a small discount, an extra magazine thrown in for their mistake - some token to show integrity and good faith. Nothing. Not even an apology.

In browsing the web for reviews of Grab-A-Gun (including this website), I saw several instances of "suspected fraud" being used to cancel orders. Interestingly, in each case, the item purchased appeared to have been re-listed on their website for a significantly higher price immediately after. This suggests to me that this is a means Grab-A-Gun uses to avoid owning up to pricing errors as a matter of policy. I cannot, as such, recommend them and will not be dealing with them in the future. There are other businesses with equivalent prices that have demonstrated integrity and trustworthiness.

This review was modified by notagagfan on November 11 2015 04:22:01 PM

"I found a pellet gun for a good price on grabagun.com. It said in big bold letters on the item page, "$5.99 Flat Rate shipping on all firearms!" When I tried to checkout, my only options for shipping were $18.10 or local pickup. I emailed customer service figuring this was an error. The reply I got said this:

Yes sir only actual firearms are $5.99. Not accessories, air guns and mussle loaders since they don't go to an FFL.

I copied that statement directly from the email and didn't change anything. Why put that on the page for an air gun then, right below the description? If it only applies to particular items, only put that offer on those pages. It's false advertising! The shipping cost for a .22 rimfire rifle isn't going to be any different than the .22 pellet gun I was trying to purchase, so why charge a different price for shipping? My state considers pellet guns firearms and they are legal for hunting. I was unhappy with this interaction and won't be purchasing anything from any gun shop that doesn't know what a muzzleloader is.

"Found GrabAGun while surfing the web. Their customer service was very knowledgeable and helpful. Order my gun on Wednesday after lunch and it arrived at my FFL before noon on Thursday. "

"As a first time buyer I did lots of research prior to my purchase. Grabagun had the lowest price, a website that is intuitive and easy to navigate and clear instructions to complete the process. My order was shipped the same day. Wonderful experience - will not have to search around for my next purchase as I will come straight to Grabagun. I typically don't write reviews but their excellent service deserved one."

SittingElf's Avatar

Florida, USA

"Bad deal with GrabAGun. Ordered a Magpul PRS Stock based on pricing and 'supposed' expeditious shipping. Paid online with one of my credit cards.

Waited a few days for tracking info, and instead, got a very curt email stating that "Our payment processor flagged this item as a security risk for potential fraud. We will not be able to complete the transaction. I have refunded the payment in full. Thank You.

Total B.S.! No call to check with me, and no email asking for further clarification. Just a flat "the order is cancelled and a refund issued".

So.... if they could issue a refund, then the payment obviously must have gone through. I initially sent back an email stating I would be happy to clear whatever their issue was, but I then thought "why the hell should I go to any additional lengths when there was CLEARLY no fraud". Sent another email that said to just forget my business, now and in the future. Joe Bob Outfitters got my business, and I couldn't have been more pleased with their service, prices, and speed.

As far as I'm concerned, thei callousness of their email, and lack of a polite inquiry that would have resulted in any questions being instantly resolved puts them out of my potential purchasing links for the roughly $16,000 of related purchases I plan over the next three months.

"I ordered three magazines for my Century M85. Long story short, GrabaGun waited two months until I called to figure things out to tell me it was in inventory problem. They said their website listed for sale something they did not have. The thing is the magazines were on their website for sale, but now they were 24.95 instead of the 9 dollars I originally paid.

These people are liars and charlatans. Spend your hard earned money elsewhere.

"I recently ordered a barrel for my m&p 9 total came out to 160$ which was a very good price. However shipping took away too long its been past a week and still no product received. Ups shipped from Texas to California skipping las Vegas which ended up causing a extra 2 day delay . ups also managed to screw it up even more by taking a extra day transferring to USPS. I see ups drivers pass by my house all day. Very angry with the shipping time as I hoped to be able to install and shoot with my friends on the weekend but product has still yet to arrive"

"I purchased a Ruger SR9C pistol in April, 2015. They shipped is within one day, which I thought was pretty fast. They shipped exactly what I ordered. The gun checked out perfect at the FFL pick-up. No hassle transaction. I always check ResellerRatings before I purchase anything on-line. It has helped me avoid problematic Sellers. They were the cheapest reputable Seller on the gunwatcher and slickguns websites. I emailed GrabAGun several times regarding questions about this gun and they replied within a couple hours (pretty fast). I would recommend buying from them."

"I ordered a revolver Monday 4/20/2015 and it was delivered Tuesday 4/21/2015 to my dealer. Quick shipping and good pricing."

Share GrabAGun.com's store rating

GrabAGun.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

GrabAGun.com is a merchant member
GrabAGun.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,633 merchant members.