Gopher Mods Reviews - page 2 - gophermods.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 7.50/10 40 reviews

Gopher Mods is not a merchant member
Gopher Mods does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"WELL AS ONE WOULD SAY THEY ARE PEOPLE OF PRIDE AND CARE ABOUT THEIR WORK WHO ELSE NOW A DAYS WILL REPAIR YOUR SYSTEMS FOR FREE LABOR (NONE )IF YOU HAD THEM FIX IT BEFORE AND YOU WILL PAY A GOOD PRICE (BETTER THEN THE MANUFACTURER )THESE PEOPLE WORK WITH YOU TOO MAKE LIFE EASY. THE TURN AROUND TIME IS FANTASTIC AND NOT MONTHS OF WAITING FOR YOUR PRODUCT TO RETURN . AS FOR ME I WISH THEY FIXED EVERYTHING ON THE LIST THAT I MAY HAVE BUT IA AM HAPPY THEY FIX WHAT I DID NEED FIXING I WILL RECOMMEND THEM TOO ALL AND I HAVE . "

"Casey at GopherMods was great to work with. My son has an XBox 360 that had the red rings of death. I sent it to GopherMods and they repaired it and sent it back. After 2 months the red rings were back. Casey said that the XBox 360 has so many inherent problems with it that he couldn't guarantee that if he fixed it again that I wouldn't get the red rings again and so offered me two options. 1.) He would either give me a full refund or 2.) I could send it back and they would fix it again and give me a 25% refund of my original money but couldn't guarantee it. I took the full refund which he promptly did and didn't even deduct the amount he paid for shipping. Casey was great to work with; just wish more businesses/people that I deal with operated more like GopherMods. "

modified review This review was modified by boomer66 on January 05 2011 11:12:06 AM

"Terrific customer service and problem-solving above beyond any expectation. I recently brought in a 14 mo.old xbox 360 that wouldn't load games. Gophermods replaced the laser and sent me on my way with a 1 yr. warranty on their work. After 2 days the loading problem reappeared. I dropped the box off again, laser was replaced, 2 days later problem again. Brought it in and they replaced the whole disk assembly from a new xbox. 2 days later the problem reappeared, I emailed and then owner called to say he had figured out the manufacturing design problem and had a fix. He came in on christmas eve day just to fix my box so the new kinnect my son was getting would be working on christmas. All for the original $49 repair fee. They stood by their warranty and spent time (and their money) fixing my problem. They are exceptional! "

"REPAIR DIDN'T HOLD UP:

Generally this seemed to be a great company to deal with. Simple and easy transaction to fix my overheated "red light" PS3 that wouldn't power on. Repair was quick and I received everything back in same condition. The repair worked and the fan actually seemed to run cooler for the first few minutes. I payed $69.99 for a repair back in june of 2010. I'm now stuck 6 months later with the same exact problem and no where to turn. The only alternative I have is to buy a new, inferior playstation 3 model. I strictly and religiously followed the huge WARNING write up from gopher mods about only allowing your console to run for 2 hours at a time, with 15 minute breaks, for 2 months AND 200 hours of use. If only they would change this false warning maybe I wouldn't be writing this as of now. After my 2 months and some change I began leaving my console on like I normally would, in between use. For anyone looking this up if you have a Yellow light or over heating issue (blinking red light) I must warn you follow the 2 hour guideline FOR LIFE. Apparently also the company doesn't completely repair an overheated and damaged CPU but rather "temporarily" fixes it. Look for "complete re-ball" when you are searching for console failure repair.

"I sent my 60GB PS3 into these guys earlier this year. It ran fine but was loud. I received it later than advertised, and it died in 5 minutes. Later emails were ignored. It was a waste of money and I feel terrible about it.

Edit: GopherMods contacted me back only after this negative review. The free repair offered was including something already done by them to the unit, that obviously would not have fixed the issue. GopherMods was asked previous to repair as to whether unit would be acceptable, and I was told they are very willing to accept units that have been opened and are without warranty seal.

That said, the unit worked for hours before sending it to them, and I'd like to stress that it was dead within 5 minutes use after their repair. The graphics chip burned itself up.

That said, if they ignore your emails regarding a refund, leave a negative review online. Reviews are very important to GopherMods, and a refund was issued to me as an obvious attempt to save face only after this review had been posted.

modified review This review was modified by bennyboy371 on December 02 2010 09:16:58 PM

"I had YLOD pop up on my backwards compatible PS3. After researching fixes for it, I went with Gophermods. It was $69.99 for YLOD fix service. I shipped it 4 days after I placed the order (using a friend's shipping resources--much cheaper than pre-paid!), and it arrived in MN 5 days after that. Gophermods promptly fixed it and shipped it out the next day. I received it 3 days later, and could continue to happily enjoy BluRay movies and games. It's been months since, and I haven't had any trouble. I consider it better than new, since the Gophermods service offers professional reflowing and uses high quality thermal compound."

"I'm very impressed with Gophermods efficiency; mine was a pain-free experience. They received my PS3 on Friday PM and shipped it back to me next business day, Monday around noon.

I received the PS3 well packaged, cleaned, and fixed. They took care of my YLOD for less than $100 including shipping (they pay for the return shipping).

I definitely recommend them to fix your PS3.

"AWESOME service! I shipped it to Gophermods on the 16th and they were shipping it back to me on the 22nd! And it took a couple of days for my credit card to go through....and my PS3 works and it was much cheaper than getting it fixed locally. The local store held my PS3 captive for over TWO MONTHS without doing anything and would not give me back my $20 deposit - that's not happening again. I highly recommend Gophermods to anyone needing repairs. Honest hard working people."

Rating 6/103/5

"I sent my Wii to Gophermods to fix the disc read error. They tell me that it is fixed and has been since Monday (now it's Friday), but have not shipped it out to me yet. I even offered to drive there to pick it up myself. When I contacted them to tell them that I would rather pick my Wii up, they tell me that they just took it to Fed Ex. I haven't recieved a shpping confirmation e-mail. They seem nice enough when you talk to them, just don't believe their 24 hour turn around statement."

"I just used gophermods.com for a YLOD repair. They did an excellent job. I shipped my PS3 in its original packaging with additional packaging protecting it. My only complaint is that gophermods did not return my original PS3 box that I saved all these years in case I needed to ship it. Gophermods did not charge my credit card until they had received my PS3, diagnosed & verified that my problem was what I had suspected and that my PS3 could actually be repaired. Gophermods repaired & shipped my PS3 within 24 hours of receiving it as advertised. The whole process took about nine days. I highly recommend gophermods.com

"I may have been too hasty with my initial review...

*TBD*

modified review This review was modified by placebo787 on June 17 2010 07:25:33 PM

"Excellent Service!!!! We had the red light of death. I called Sony and they wanted $178 to fix it. Gophermods only $69, so we shipped our PS3 out on June 3 and we received it back on June 11. Works great. Thankyou Gophermods, keep up the good work."

"Very efficient company. Repairs are made very fast and right the first time.
also very informative in the care and operation of repaored equipment.
I would defintely use them a gain

"Excellent service. Unlike Sony you get your original ps3 back and for half the cost. Also communication is excellent. I would e-mail them and withn a day or two I would have an answer. I would recommend Gophermods to anyone. Thank you."

"I had the dreaded YLOD and did not want to be without my PS3 for weeks and weeks. Found Gopher mods and sent my PS3 out immediately. Got it back in about a week and it works great!!! Everything went just as described on their website. Thanks for saving me not only precious weeks of playing time but saving me $$$ compared to Sony for the same repair.

I also have an iphone, and if I ever have a problem with it I would eagerly send to to them for repair after such great service.

Thanks!