Goggles4u Reviews - page 2 - goggles4u.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Write a review »
Rating 7.17/10 262 reviews

Goggles4u is not a merchant member
Goggles4u does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

The service we received was excellent

"I shouldn't have ordered Progressive and bifocal. I can't get use to the bifocal. That was only my fault and not there. I will order again from them for sure"

"Just a heads up to everybody, Do not use this company, they are scam artists with horrible customer assistance. They screwed up my order and really messed up my finances than did nothing to help claiming it wasn't there mistake when it clearly was. Just save yourself a bunch of time and headaches and steer clear of them!!"

"This company is incompetent. Do NOT buy from them. They say shipping is within 12 days but it does not come in time. To add insult, shipping costs $9.95 and thats not even FEDEX or DHL, thats normal postage. So they cannot track the parcel and have no idea how long it takes.

Customer service is also pathetic. They have no idea how to treat customers - they accused me of being wrong about shipping times when the email clearly says within 12 days. They refused to acknowledge they were wrong and offered me a useless $5 credit to use on their site. I found this laughable as I will NEVER shop on this site again.

SO in summary, rather pay a bit more on another site which is more reliable as these guys are cheap but they are obviously lacking in resources to adequately run the business.

"I have ordered 3 pairs of prescription sunglasses from them. The first pair supposedly didnt have the correct pupil distance. This caused my eyes to try to adapt to the difference every time I switched from regular to sunglasses. Caused many headaches. Tryed to resolve pupil distance problem with a second different pair. They were better, but still caused some "eye confusion". Tryed a pair of Wiley's for the third try,thinking that a higher quality frame might help the fit. These were the worst of all! All they do is slap in lenses and go. After much research I have realized the shape of the frame has a dramatic effect on your prescription level. They don't seem to understand or care about this. Wiley recommends only using authorized labs and states that a bevel machine is required. They also say wrap compensation is required on all RX lenses installed in their frames. I will pay a little more at BJ's from now on. I don't blame anyone for taking a shot at a bargain,but if it doesn't work out the first time be assured it never will!"

"j'ai recu mes lunette fin octobre 2012 je ne vois pas bien avec les vitres sont trop petites pour le foyer progressif j'ai été obligé de m'acheter d'autre lunette ailleurs il ne veule pas changer la monture tu parles d'un super bon service je ne recommande pas. dans la publicité il dise essayer 1 ans a la maison service pourri on m'offre un rabais de 20 dollars c'est tu normal sa. j'ai payer 115 dollars
moi J'appelle pas sa un rabais 20 dollars. La prescrition est probalement bonne. MAIS LA HAUTEUR DES VITRES EST TROP PETITE POUR UN FOYER PROGRESSIF JE VOIS 2 ET 3 GROSSEUR EN MEME TEMPS

"Ordered glasses over 2 weeks ago and my order STILL shows "In Production". Customer Service cannot give me straight answers, I have called twice!! I need my glasses and this wait time is very ridiculous!! Very disappointing for this company, which I have had good results with in the past.

Received Reply, Live Help; Customer Service ..very unfriendly, still NO solid answer to this delay..ONE VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER! Oh, by the way, my "compensation" for my troubles was a discount of a future order.....ridiculous!!

"Horrible! Ordered 2 pairs of glasses, which were made really cheaply and they didn't fit right. I returned them at my own cost and they would not give me a full refund. .. Just partial. Very upset. Beware!!"

"Don't be fooled by their flimsy website- these people do an excellent job and were extremely helpful and competent. They stood by their word and went the extra mile when there was a shipping conflict. Would deal with them again!"

modified review This review was modified by camiloteram on April 22 2013 12:37:52 PM
Rating 8/104/5

"When I ordered, I spoke to someone on the phone and asked how long it would take for delivery. He said 2 weeks at most. So I ordered. Had to request a confirmation because confirmation email never came automatically. Then I heard nothing more. It's been 2 1/2 weeks, and there is not even any tracking info on order page. I've spoken to customer service twice, and they can't commit to a delivery time. They said it should arrive within 10 days (which would put the time lapsed since order at about 4 weeks). They said it has not even reached their U.S. office yet. I asked twice, in light of how long it's taking, if they could expedite delivery from their U.S. office to my home. They said no, they only ship standard USPS. But I see on this site that they have expedited delivery in U.S. when shipment running late. Frankly, I would probably not have ordered if I thought it would take the better part of a month for delivery. Will write another review when I receive glasses.

Update: Glasses arrived in just under 3 weeks...not too bad. The glasses were well made and look great. Wish to update my rating from 2 to 4 stars. Only advice: under promise and over-deliver...will customers happier.

Thanks.

"Very nice quality lenses I have ordered 3 times from them one of the 3 glasses were for sunglasses I chooses a gradiant brown tan it looked very beautiful and the frame looked nice with the tan was a nice match. So far so good. Whenever I had a question or needed help I chat with the costumer service online. They are so patient and excellent in providing help. Now they will be my store to shop from. I keep checking it very often because they have very nice deals every time."

"Despite having read a number of 'unhappy' reviews here, I still could not resist buying this one unusual, trendy pair of prescription eyeglasses, at a cost 1/16th the price of the glasses I recently bought locally --which had less add-ons than the Googles4u frames that just came in the mail.

I am elated!. The glasses are a great quality, actually better than the spare pair I had also bought locally, which had no tint, no UV or anti-glare coating, and cost 4X what today's order cost me. The prescription is PERFECT!

I ordered these glasses late on March 10th; today's the 23rd. That's less than two weeks, and a week earlier than I actually expected them to arrive. The tracking code for USPS let me easily follow my order, so I stayed home this morning, in hopeful anticipation, with my fingers crossed. They arrived, packaged in a bubble envelope from an address in California, inside a nice plastic case with a finger lock, wrapped in a large micro-fiber cloth.

Whether you are buying glasses to replace broken or old ones, OR, purchasing them as a cool wardrobe accessory, YOU CANNOT GO WRONG.

Now that my little experiment has proven to be a great success, I am about to access my list of favorites, to find another amazing pair to purchase. Oh happy day!!

Thank you, Googles4u!

modified review This review was modified by marshaHodgson on March 23 2013 08:29:57 AM

"Just re-lensed my second pair of glasses at Goggles4U. Good price! Quality of plain CR39 lenses is great - better than Target optical polycarbonate lenses - much thinner - lighter and anti reflective coating is only $4.95 extra. Fast turnaround, perfect prescription. I will definitely order from them again."

"My order has been completely messed up.
First there was a delay at the last step of production. So they had to order a different frame. Second time they made a mistake with the lens. After this, they did not even offer a fast delivery. They only have standard USPS delivery. I was willing to pay for faster delivery but they have no faster delivery option.

Then the frame finally arrived after a month but there was a problem with the left lens. Customer care has been horrible and they do not understand the issue at all. I have to ship the frames back at my own expense. Now the replacement will agian take a month. Once again they have done nothing to offer a quick replacement or faster delivery/shipping.

Stay away from Goggles4u. Pay slightly more and go to a different online store. Customer service and speed of shipping is horrible. I usually do not write online reviews but decided to write this one.

"Just received my glasses. Great finish, exactly what I ordered, well packed, reasonable delivery time. Unbeatable price/quality relation. This is my second order within a year and I can recommend the company without doubt."