• Address: 1420 E. Cypress St Covina, CA 91724

Product & services pricing Rating 5.83/10 5.83/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.17/10 9.17/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.33/10 8.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.33/10 8.33/10

"Gentech PC is an amazing place to buy laptops online. They have got all the models you might like and a wide range of customizing options. But above all their customer service, support, and shipping are unmatched. Talking from personal experience, I gave the guys at Gentech a very tight date to custom build and ship my laptop. They gave me an all green and they delivered the unit days before the ETA date. And if you got any questions or anything just email them or call them. Mr. Ken Lee over there is an amazing guy, he will answer all you questions and help you out with anything PC related. I got my laptop and I am still in contact with him. Guys are very knowledgeable and will help you out whenever. I would definitely buy any future laptops from Gentechpc and do recommend it to everyone."

modified review This review was modified by joe.ibrahim on January 02 2013 03:35:17 PM

"I would say this was probably the best online purchase experience yet! The people working at GenTech PC were very helpful and a pleasure to talk to. I did overnight shipping on my MSI GT70-452us(a complete badass laptop!). I was excited to get the laptop so I called in and asked when it would get to me. They knew I was anxious to get it so they said it would be to me by Thursday or Friday, the day I called on was Tuesday morn. So I thought that was awesome! Other online companies were taking weeks to ship! I woke up the next morn to an email that my computer has shipped late that Tuesday night... I got my computer the following day 2 days earlier than promised! GenTech is just completely awesome in my book! I have already sent my friends to then to purchase laptops. I will definitely do business with them again!

Thank you guys!

"Very good service, excellent support overall the best reseller for laptops.
it can do all kinds of shipping , even if u want it to arrive at a certain date.
awsome people doing great job
recommend to everybody from usa or international.
they accept international credit cards/paypal.

"Wonderful online store to shop for the laptop. Definitively recommend to all friends and people I know to shop here. Excellent customer services ! Will buy again when the time comes. "

"Excellent service, really quick!"

"EDIT AND UPDATE, 12/6/2012: Their customer support has gotten back to me, about 3-4 days after the review with a quick question, and then nearly two weeks after answering that question. They have been shown a willingness to make amends for these mistakes. As I suspect in many other settings, they'd just as well as any other reseller, as demonstrated by the other reviews on this website. I've revised my ratings to reflect these recent efforts..

My story:
In late October, I began shopping for a new computer and after deciding upon a model and researching potential sellers, I finally ordered through GenTechPC. One primary concern for me is the choice of shipper. UPS is solid and reliable in our area and GenTechPC specifically Free UPS shipping. I intentionally avoided other sellers who were either ambiguous about their choice of shipper, or whom specifically listed Fed-Ex, a company with whom in the past we’ve experienced delivery problems. Unfortunately, GenTechPC choose to ship my computer via Fed-Ex. The package was characteristically mis-delivered, resulting in unnecessary distress in getting my computer. GenTech offered no sympathy for my plight with Fed-Ex nor did they acknowledge this choice of shipper as an error on their part.

The Fed-ex delivery cost me plenty of time, heartache, and frustration in discussing the matter with their representatives. I, therefore, asked Fed-ex if there was any compensation they could offer for my troubles, since the error was on their side. Their only pathway to compensation involved refunding the initial shipping costs to the original sender, and thus I’d require GenTech’s cooperation to resolve the situation with Fed-Ex. I explained this situation to GenTech, who took quite a bit of prodding to get any kind of action on their side. They then failed to update me on their progress for over two weeks.

I know that for some of the readers, this is not a major matter. Perhaps, Fed-ex is more reliable in your area. For us, this is not an isolated incident, and we try to avoid them where possible. I specifically and explicitly choose GenTech because of the advertisement to ship through UPS. You wouldn’t tolerate it if they decided to exchange one component in your order for another, especially one of inferior quality. A change in expected shipper is equally unacceptable as a business practice.

modified review This review was modified by CorneliusScipio2378 on December 06 2012 10:49:00 AM

"Update: They got back to me, apparently there had been a mix-up, as I assumed. They worked to make everything right, which I greatly appreciate.

So far I've been disappointed in GenTechPC, because they have such good ratings. I've been emailing their customer service to try to change my order from cash to credit with student discount for over two days now. I wanted to get my order quicker, than sending a check. Now it looks like it will be longer than if I had sent a check. There must have been some confusion, because I've been emailing them for over two days about it, with no reply. If there was an easy way to cancel my order I would and just start over again, but now I'm afraid that'll just cause more confusion. It would have been nice to hear from them that my order was shipped on Thursday. Now it will be nice to even hear from them on Monday. I've sent emails everyday for three afternoons now in a row with no response. If something is up, or if there is some reason it is taking so long, an explanation would have been nice. I've felt I've had no idea what's going on. Perhaps they only care about their higher-end, custom orders. (I assume it was simply a mix-up, but the continued lack of response is frustrating.)

modified review This review was modified by hurryskurry on October 12 2012 12:35:17 PM

"Hi, I'm John C and I recently purchased a sager np9150 (9/8/12) and it's coming tomorrow so I'm writing just on how the service of the company is. As for what they do, there are many other sites, such as xoticpc.com, that can do the same thing so service is important. That being said, the emailing response of this company is outstanding. I've had them get back to me in less than 10 minutes on a Sunday night; however, I was also told by email my package would come early this week and it did not. The process of authorizing a paypal took 2 business days to process which is the normal. Next up building... It took sager a few days and they had it finished last Friday afternoon so Gentech couldn't ship it out that week (which is why the email's ETA was off.) It was shipped the 17th and is now getting here tomorrow (the 21st) so considering it went from California to Pennsylvania, this time is pretty good. Since Gentech can't control either Sager's building time, which isn't bad (3-5 days) and you can pay to have building/shipping time reduced, or UPS's shipping time, I am only judging Gentech's service which I will give 5 stars. They obviously really care about their company, its reputation, and the service they provide. Not to mention, I got a 2% (student) discount from them which I would not of gotten from Xoticpc.com.

TL;DR
Why 5 stars? The instant, engaging feedback of the customer support and the authorization, building, and shipping times I received were all very reasonable/matched up with other 5-star reviews.
Total Time in Business Days to get it shipped (auth + building): 6 days
Total Time in Business Days for UPS to get from Cali to PA: 4 days (17th shipped, 21st going to be recieved)

modified review This review was modified by Jjc93 on September 20 2012 12:22:15 PM

"Ordered an Asus G75VW-RS72 on thier website on a Saturday night, and despite problems with my bank (had to call and authorize the online expenditure bc I wasn't aware of the bank's limit on Internet transactions) I had the machine the following Friday. I got mine with 17" standard matte display, 16GB RAM, and GTX670M with the Clean Install option. I could not be happier with this machine, it exceeded all expectations, and Ken was in touch with me within 12 hours whenever I emailed Customer Service. I very highly recommend GenTech PC and would buy from them again with no hesitation.

Edit: I should add I have had this machine for a month now and it is still performing flawlessly.

modified review This review was modified by sirwill72 on September 13 2012 05:01:02 PM

"I heard about GenTechPC from a friend who is a computer ninja. He spoke so highly about them that I had to make my next purchase through them.

I now buy all my laptops from GenTechPC. I recommend them to all my friends and all of my customers as well.

They are very knowledgeable, the laptops they stock are top notch (especially the MSI laptops), and the level of customization you can achieve is unparalleled.

When I need a laptop now, I just call GenTechPC. I tell them what I am looking for and they walk me through the pros and cons of each customization option, and they never try to upsell me on parts that I don't need.

I am a customer for life!

modified review This review was modified by ortonom on September 12 2012 06:24:02 AM

"Excellent product. I order the MSI GT70-0ND-219US and was delivered on the exact scheduled date with no problems at all and in perfect conditions.
A friend of mine recommended me this laptop and GenTechPc and I agree with him, excellent choice.
I would also like to add, very good customer care.

"I bought my MSI GT60 from GenTechPC, i got it well before the date I expected to get it, only took 3 days for building and authorizing payment, and 3 days for shipping, with standard free shipping. Everything works perfectly, and Ken from customer service helped me figure somethings out. Overall an excellent experience, I plan on telling my friends to buy from here, and I will buy from here again."

"Awesome retailer: great selection, low prices, and quick shipping. But what really set GenTech apart was the service. Ken and the rest of the team were fantastic! Ken really listened to what I was looking for, took the time to walk me through everything, and answered all my questions. Oh, and he got me my new ASUS G75 in two days!!! Don't go anywhere else if you're shopping for a high-end, custom laptop."

"Best computer store i've ever negotiated with!"

modified review This review was modified by radke94 on July 20 2012 07:09:27 PM

"Every thing got here fine with days to spare.
Laptop runs great. The back cover was not on correctly easy fix.
They need a better description of the what the "CAR CHARGER" is, I thought it was a specific charger for the Laptop not just an inverter I all ready have one of those so didn't really need this one could have saved $65 and got the back pack instead.
OH WELL. Over all great experience!
Well Gentech stepped up to the plate and rectified the issue of the charger even tho it was not an issue to me. Seems the shipping department sent the wrong part all fixed now.
Gentech cares about there customers this is a rare thing in the world today. rarely do I give 5 stars as most places have room for improvement. Gentech earned this 5 star from me.

modified review This review was modified by Andy-Moses on August 05 2012 12:44:21 PM

GenTech Computers (GenTechPC, 1toppc.com) is a Merchant Member! Learn more

GenTech Computers (GenTechPC, 1toppc.com) is a merchant member
GenTech Computers (GenTechPC, 1toppc.com) participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,909 merchant members.