Store Information Store Info
  • Rating 7.40/10 921 reviews

GainSaver is a merchant member
    GainSaver participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,875 merchant members.
  • GainSaver contact information

Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.44/10 7.44/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.72/10 7.72/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.86/10 6.86/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.28/10 5.28/10

"Good quality product. Good service and shipping."

"Gainsaver had a good price and shipped fast. Would shop here again."

"My experience with GainSaver was most satisfying. The laptop was as advertised and I couldn't have been happier with the price."

"Excellent service. GainSaver kept me posted on my order and I am very please with them. This is my second order and I will diffinetly use them again."

"There is something VERY wrong with resellerratings.com's system. In the first 3 years of reviews for gainsaver.com, a total of 80 reviews were posted, nearly all of them negative, and until November 2010 their overall customer satisfaction rating was ZERO. (http://www.resellerratings.com/seller_rating_history.pl?seller_seo_name=GainSaver)

Now, 3 months later (as of 2/15/11) there are nearly 400 reviews. About 200 of them were posted on just 2 days (1/21 and 1/21/11) virtually all of them glowingly positive. And miraculously their rating is now 8.15. What's wrong with this picture?

The dozens of negative reviews consistently report the same problems:
1. Products unavailable at advertised prices followed by a "bait & switch" offer for more expensive products
2. Products arriving broken or else they malfunction within weeks
3. Unresponsive, rude customer service
4. Products, refunds and "rebates" never arriving or requiring much time and aggravation to resolve
5. Customers being stuck with return shipping cost for damaged goods or company error

There is clearly a pattern here.

I have placed 3 orders for multiple Mac Minis & imacs for a youth program. Each time Gainsaver has canceled the order, saying that the products were not available then quoting me a much higher price for the same items with very minor upgrades. When I said that I wanted the computers I ordered for the price listed on the website, not the $200 more a piece that they tried to charge me, the sales rep laughed and said "You'll never get them for that price". So why have they continued to be listed on the website?

modified review This review was modified by YaYaNet on February 15 2011 09:28:11 PM

"I would like to report that this company seems to be a fraud. Here is how I believe the business model works: They sell items on the site for incredible prices with certain features that are slightly off. Such as a 20gb hd instead of an 80gb. After charging your credit card a few days later you will get a message from them stating that "your purchase failed testing." It seems to be a made up term that they use to tell you that they do not have a product in stock with those specs. When you call them, they will try to upsell you on a more expensive model which matches the specs you would expect to see. Hopefully I have explained the situation clearly.

Also, I think it is worth mentioning that the customer support staff is exceptionally mean and will hang up on you.

modified review This review was modified by cdobler on February 11 2011 09:05:23 PM

"For our needs we don't need to be on the cutting edge of technology. The Macs we acquired through GainSaver were in near perfect condition and we saved a bundle. We increased staff production and didn't break the bank doing so. We'll be back time and again to GainSaver for more great deals.

PS. Delivery was also super fast!

"I found GainSaver's customer service to be very helpfull. There was a mis entered number on my credit card and they called me rather then just cancelling my order and saying "oh Well". The computer was pacaked well and arrived in a timely manner. I am very please and will use Gain Saver again."

"Don't use GainSaver. Don't use GainSaver. How many times can I say it? Don't bother looking at the positive reviews on this site - they appear fabricated to me. Save yourself the money and the hassle and do not, do not, do not use GainSaver.

I got a Mac for around 1200.00 - first mistake, you can get a perfectly fine brand new mac for that or cheaper through the Apple Store. It was broken. I sent it back and payed a hefty shipping fee to get it fixed, and when they sent it back it was still broken. I sent it back for a refund, and they never refunded. I called them multiple times, and each time they directed me to the website to fill out a form, and still it was never refunded.

Customer service is abhorrent - they have a single memorized line they use, and it's to send you to the website, which by experience you eventually realized never, never, never does anything. I tried to talk to someone higher up but they stonewalled me, put me on hold, came back, and told me again to fill out the form online. i asked how they could guarantee it would work, seeing as it never worked in the past, and they simply hung up on me. Just like that.

If you have already gotten something from them, and you're trying to get a refund, I would recommend you don't even bother. Sunk cost - they're never going to give the money back. May as well keep the piece of junk you got, try to take it apart and see what's worth saving, or use it as a paperweight.

To recap - GainSaver is a scam. Stay away.

EDIT: Below they've "responded" saying I was refunded - hah. I have a whole cache of automated emails saying they refunded me, but I never saw a cent.

modified review This review was modified by nemene on February 10 2011 11:05:40 AM
modified review Rep reply posted Feb-10-2011

QCGainsaver, GainSaver rep has responded

“After review with the accounting department this account was refunded in full 7/28/10 at 1:45 PM.
Customer service”

"The G5 Quad that I got works very well with my music production. Shipping was very fast and packed very well. I will buy more MAC products from GainSaver very, very soon. Thanks for affordable products."

"It was great. I received my order on time, and the custumer service was very good. I had recommend gainsavers to many people since."

"I was really surprised at the speed of which my item got to me and the quality, excellent service guys thank you very much..."

"The ordering process was simple and efficient.
THe item ordered was delivered as expected.
I look forward to doing business with them again.

"I am entirely satisfied with my order; both quality of product and delivery.
Seems like there are many interesting products.
I will certainly look at GainSaver again for my needs.

"Sell Broken Item as Refurbished .Never buy again "

modified review This review was modified by bebeoquay on February 01 2011 02:41:34 PM
modified review Rep reply posted Feb-01-2011

QCGainsaver, GainSaver rep has responded

“Please return your item for a full refund.
Customer service”