GainSaver Reviews - page 44 - gainsaver.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 7.00/10 917 reviews

GainSaver is a merchant member
GainSaver participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,888 merchant members.

"There is something VERY wrong with resellerratings.com's system. In the first 3 years of reviews for gainsaver.com, a total of 80 reviews were posted, nearly all of them negative, and until November 2010 their overall customer satisfaction rating was ZERO. (http://www.resellerratings.com/seller_rating_history.pl?seller_seo_name=GainSaver)

Now, 3 months later (as of 2/15/11) there are nearly 400 reviews. About 200 of them were posted on just 2 days (1/21 and 1/21/11) virtually all of them glowingly positive. And miraculously their rating is now 8.15. What's wrong with this picture?

The dozens of negative reviews consistently report the same problems:
1. Products unavailable at advertised prices followed by a "bait & switch" offer for more expensive products
2. Products arriving broken or else they malfunction within weeks
3. Unresponsive, rude customer service
4. Products, refunds and "rebates" never arriving or requiring much time and aggravation to resolve
5. Customers being stuck with return shipping cost for damaged goods or company error

There is clearly a pattern here.

I have placed 3 orders for multiple Mac Minis & imacs for a youth program. Each time Gainsaver has canceled the order, saying that the products were not available then quoting me a much higher price for the same items with very minor upgrades. When I said that I wanted the computers I ordered for the price listed on the website, not the $200 more a piece that they tried to charge me, the sales rep laughed and said "You'll never get them for that price". So why have they continued to be listed on the website?

modified review This review was modified by YaYaNet on February 15 2011 09:28:11 PM

"I would like to report that this company seems to be a fraud. Here is how I believe the business model works: They sell items on the site for incredible prices with certain features that are slightly off. Such as a 20gb hd instead of an 80gb. After charging your credit card a few days later you will get a message from them stating that "your purchase failed testing." It seems to be a made up term that they use to tell you that they do not have a product in stock with those specs. When you call them, they will try to upsell you on a more expensive model which matches the specs you would expect to see. Hopefully I have explained the situation clearly.

Also, I think it is worth mentioning that the customer support staff is exceptionally mean and will hang up on you.

modified review This review was modified by cdobler on February 11 2011 09:05:23 PM

"For our needs we don't need to be on the cutting edge of technology. The Macs we acquired through GainSaver were in near perfect condition and we saved a bundle. We increased staff production and didn't break the bank doing so. We'll be back time and again to GainSaver for more great deals.

PS. Delivery was also super fast!

"I found GainSaver's customer service to be very helpfull. There was a mis entered number on my credit card and they called me rather then just cancelling my order and saying "oh Well". The computer was pacaked well and arrived in a timely manner. I am very please and will use Gain Saver again."

"Don't use GainSaver. Don't use GainSaver. How many times can I say it? Don't bother looking at the positive reviews on this site - they appear fabricated to me. Save yourself the money and the hassle and do not, do not, do not use GainSaver.

I got a Mac for around 1200.00 - first mistake, you can get a perfectly fine brand new mac for that or cheaper through the Apple Store. It was broken. I sent it back and payed a hefty shipping fee to get it fixed, and when they sent it back it was still broken. I sent it back for a refund, and they never refunded. I called them multiple times, and each time they directed me to the website to fill out a form, and still it was never refunded.

Customer service is abhorrent - they have a single memorized line they use, and it's to send you to the website, which by experience you eventually realized never, never, never does anything. I tried to talk to someone higher up but they stonewalled me, put me on hold, came back, and told me again to fill out the form online. i asked how they could guarantee it would work, seeing as it never worked in the past, and they simply hung up on me. Just like that.

If you have already gotten something from them, and you're trying to get a refund, I would recommend you don't even bother. Sunk cost - they're never going to give the money back. May as well keep the piece of junk you got, try to take it apart and see what's worth saving, or use it as a paperweight.

To recap - GainSaver is a scam. Stay away.

EDIT: Below they've "responded" saying I was refunded - hah. I have a whole cache of automated emails saying they refunded me, but I never saw a cent.

modified review This review was modified by nemene on February 10 2011 11:05:40 AM
modified review reply posted Feb-10-2011

QCGainsaver, GainSaver rep has responded

“After review with the accounting department this account was refunded in full 7/28/10 at 1:45 PM.
Customer service”

"The G5 Quad that I got works very well with my music production. Shipping was very fast and packed very well. I will buy more MAC products from GainSaver very, very soon. Thanks for affordable products."

"It was great. I received my order on time, and the custumer service was very good. I had recommend gainsavers to many people since."

"I was really surprised at the speed of which my item got to me and the quality, excellent service guys thank you very much..."

"The ordering process was simple and efficient.
THe item ordered was delivered as expected.
I look forward to doing business with them again.

"I am entirely satisfied with my order; both quality of product and delivery.
Seems like there are many interesting products.
I will certainly look at GainSaver again for my needs.

"Sell Broken Item as Refurbished .Never buy again "

modified review This review was modified by bebeoquay on February 01 2011 02:41:34 PM
modified review reply posted Feb-01-2011

QCGainsaver, GainSaver rep has responded

“Please return your item for a full refund.
Customer service”

"Buyer beware!!!!  I also received my computer from Gainsaver and was very happy for about 4 months. The monitor on my laptop went and because I purchased a warrently I sent it back. Gainsaver told me my computer arrived damaged. After a week of the run around I finally received pictures and word that I was SOL. Not only are they not repairing my computer but they refuse to ship me back my "damaged" laptop. Trust your gut. Do not buy from this company!

I have tried resolving my issue with Gainsaver and got nothing but the run around. It's taken over 2 weeks from my packages delivery to FINALLY get the pictures. They actually just said to me on the phone, " I can't do this run aroud anymore please hold.". Then they placed me on hold for over 25 minutes. I finally realized they were never coming and hung up.

Rest assured Gainsaver, I will not rest until EVERYONE knows my story. Your customer service is herendous and your company is a hoax!

Customers if you are thinking about buying from Gainsaver please feel free to email me personally at LeahaLukas@gmail.com. I'd be happy to and the "damaged beyond repair" photos with you.

modified review This review was modified by LeahaLukas on February 01 2011 12:46:12 PM
modified review reply posted Feb-01-2011

“Please call 1-800-844-4051”

"Ordered 2 iMacs from Gainsaver, I upgraded the ram from 2gb's to 4gb's. Both machines arrived quickly but neither had what I paid for. Both still had the 2gb's ram. I called and the person I spoke to on the other end of the every time I called did not help and often hung up on me. I was not rude. All I asked was do I need to return the products and if so what's the procedure. I came to find out I had to pay shipping for their mistake, this would be about $100 for each machine, when I only paid $350 for each. I can't afford $100 shipping for each. The computers also were VERY dirty and had sticky residue on one of them. I requested that I get a refund of the extra money I paid for the additional ram but gainsaver refused saying they will only accept shipment back. I started a chargeback procedure as I did not receive the goods I bought however gainsaver past my information on to a collections agency unless they had the goods within 24 hrs, which is about $250 shipping each. Terrible company. NEVER BUY FROM GAINSAVER. I do not have a invoice or order number as they never sent me the receipt to process the rebate. "

" THESE GUYS ARE BAD NEWS PEOPLE. I PURCHASED A IMAC FOR MY DAUGHTER JUST PRIOR TO CHRISTMAS. WHEN I RECEIVED IT NONE OF THE APPLICATIONS WORKED BECAUSE THE SOFTWARE WAS SO OUTDATED. I UPDATED THE SOFTWARE, WHICH TOOK ALMOST 2 HOURS. THE COMPUTER SEEMED TO WORK FINE FOR APPROXIMATELY A WEEK AND THEN A FILE FOLDER ICON POPPED WITH A FLASHING "?". I CALLED THEIR CUSTOMER SUPPORT, THEY SAID SEND IT BACK, AT MY EXPENSE, AND WE WILL SWAP IT OUT. I SHIPPED IT BACK TO GAINSAVER ON MONDAY JANUARY17TH, 2 DAY SHIPPING, FOR ALMOST $100. THE FOLLOWING MONDAY, A WEEK LATER, I DID NOT HEAR SIGHT OR SOUND ABOUT PROCESSING THE EXCHANGE OF THE DEFECTIVE COMPUTER. I CALLED THEM TO FIND OUT THE STATUS. I WAS TOLD THEY HAD NOT RECEIVED THE COMPUTER AND TO TRACK IT. I WENT BACK AND TRACKED THE PACKAGE. FEDEX RECORDS SHOWED IT HAD BEEN DELIVERED AND SIGNED FOR ON WEDNESDAY THE 19TH. I CALLED GAINSAVER BACK AND TOLD THEM THAT FEDEX HAD IN FACT DELIVERED THE PACKAGE AND IT HAD ALSO BEEN SIGNED FOR AT DELIVERY. I WAS PUT ON HOLD FOR SEVERAL MINUTES. WHEN THEY CAME BACK ON THE LINE THEY SAID THE PACKAGE HAD BEEN CRUSHED AND THE COMPUTER WAS DAMAGED BEYOND REPAIR. THEY SAID WE CAN NOT DO ANYTHING FOR YOU AND TO FILE A CLAIM WITH FEDEX. I CALLED FEDEX AND THERE WAS NO RECORD THAT THE PACKAGE WAS DAMAGED ON DELIVERY, NOR WOULD THEY HAVE DELIVERED
THE PACKAGE IF IT WERE DAMAGED TO THE EXTENT THAT GAINSAVER DESCRIBED.

IF BY CHANCE THE COMPUTER WAS DAMAGED DURING SHIPPING YOU WOULD THINK ANY LEGITIMATE COMPANY WOULD CONTACT THE CUSTOMER IMMEDIATELY AFTER RECEIVING DAMAGED GOODS INSTEAD OF THE CUSTOMER HAVING TO TRACK DOWN THE RETURNED ITEM SEVERAL DAYS AFTER IT WAS RECEIVED. NONE OF IT ADDS UP. I REQUESTED PHOTO'S FROM GAINSAVER OF THE DAMAGED PACKAGE. THEY SAID THEY WOULD SEND THEM WITHIN 24 HOURS. I HAVE YET TO RECEIVE PHOTO'S OF THE DAMAGED PACKAGE OR THE COMPUTER. THESE GUYS ARE TRYING TO GET ME TO PUT IN A FALSE DAMAGE CLAIM TO FEDEX, THAT THEY FABRICATED, SO THEY CAN ABSORB MY $816 I PAID FOR A DEFECTIVE COMPUTER.

I LOCATED AN ALMOST IDENTICAL SCENARIO FROM ANOTHER VICTIMS REVIEW, ON EPINIONS, DATED JAN 27TH, 2010. IN ADDITION, I ORDERED IWORKS WHEN I ORIGINALLY ORDERED THE COMPUTER. OVER SIX WEEKS HAVE GONE BY AND IT HAS NOT ARRIVED. I CALLED THEM ABOUT THE ORDER, ON AT LEAST 2 OCCASIONS, BEFORE HAVING THE ACTUAL COMPUTER ISSUES AND THEY SAID IT WAS COMING DIRECTLY FROM MAC. IT'S NEVER SHOWN UP.

BEWARE!!. THE FEW BUCKS YOU MIGHT THINK YOUR SAVING ARE NOT WORTH THE RISK OF PURCHASING A USED UNSUPPORTED MAC. THESE GUYS ARE RUNNING ONE OF THE BIGGEST SCAMS ON THE USED COMPUTER INTERNET MARKET. ALSO, LETS MAKE IT CLEAR. THESE COMPUTERS "ARE NOT REFURBISHED." THEY DO NOT RUN THEM THROUGH A DIAGNOSTIC TEST AND THEY DO NOT UPDATE THE OPERATING SYSTEM BEFORE THEY ARE RESOLD TO THEIR VICTIMS. THEY WIPE THE HARD DRIVE CLEAN AND THAT'S IT. YOUR TAKING A REAL GAMBLE THAT YOU MIGHT RECEIVE ONE THAT WILL FUNCTION PROPERLY OVER THE LONG TERM. THESE ARE TYPICALLY WORN OUT RETIRED COMPUTERS FROM UNIVERSITIES AND OTHER INSTITUTIONS. THE EXTENDED WARRANTY THEY OFFER IS WORTHLESS.THEY DO NOT SUPPORT SOFTWARE OR PROVIDE THE OPERATING SYSTEM DISC.

FROM READING THE OTHER REVIEWS ITS OBVIOUS THESE GUYS WILL FIND A WAY TO RIP YOU OFF IF THEY CAN. CHANCES ARE, THESE GUYS ARE SITTING IN SOME SMALL RENTED SPACE SIFTING THROUGH QUESTIONABLE SECOND HAND COMPUTERS THAT ARE PILED UP IN A BACK ROOM TRYING TO DETERMINE WHICH ONES THEY CAN PAWN OFF AND WHICH ONES NEED TO GO IN THE DUMPSTER IN THE BACK ALLEY. THIS IS ABOUT AS SHAMEFUL OF A PRACTICE AS IT GETS FOR AN ILLEGITIMATE INTERNET SALES COMPANY.

modified review This review was modified by guggy on February 02 2011 06:49:53 PM
modified review reply posted Jan-31-2011

QCGainsaver, GainSaver rep has responded

“Customer returned equipment damaged beyond repair. Pictures on file. This customer needs to file a claim with the shipping company and Gainsaver will provide the shipper pictures of the damaged equipment.
Customer service
1-800-844-4051”

Rating 6/103/5

"I was a little hesitant to use this company at first because I've heard nothing about them. But the order was received promptly. So i have no grievances, for now."