• GainSaver GainSaver Elite Status

Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.70/10 8.70/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.08/10 9.08/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.89/10 7.89/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.57/10 8.57/10

"Great service and the laptop is exactly what I ordered, the package was delivered faster than I expected. Perfect for school."

"BE AWARE! These folks are anxious to sell you something but they aren't willing warrant their product. I bought a computer from them and the charger they sent did not work actually charge. I *tried* to use the 30-day warranty that is advertised. I emailed them and their responses implied that they weren't actually reading my emails. Nonetheless, I mailed them the broken charger and they confirmed receipt. That's where the process stopped. I've called the phone number listed on ALL their communications but it's really just a ruse because they insist that all customer service MUST be handled on line. One of their agents hung up on me and another transferred me to circling phone message when I asked to speak with a supervisor. This company has the WORST customer service. Gainsavers advertising for a rebate and warranty is both fraudulent and misleading. Purchase from a competent company who stands behind their product and doesn't try to trick the consumer into buying with them.

I'm with KC. I'll testify. DO NOT BUY FROM THESE FOLKS!

My company bought 40 Mac laptops from Gainsaver over the last two years. I've spent dozens of hours ordering and returning their machines and dealing with their customer service. Here are some things you should know:

- Their customer service sucks. Staff is overworked and unresponsive. If they send you a broken computer - which they did to us several times (really, BROKEN ON ARRIVAL ... I couldn't believe it) - YOU have to pay to ship it back and then YOU have to follow up by phone/email to get them to send a replacement. I spent dozens of hours repeatedly calling and emailing trying to make this process work.
- Their Mac laptops vary wildly in quality and condition. Some of the ones we received were in fine shape and held up fine. About 50% had something wrong with them - specs were wrong, wireless didn't work, ports didn't work, keyboard had broken keys - or broke down within weeks. Out of the 40 we ordered, 6 (15%) had to be immediately returned, and 19 (48%) had to be returned over time.
- After receiving the first few broken on arrival, their customer service rep offered to give us "network diagnostics". Apparently, all this means is that they actually check to make sure the computer works before sending it to you - something, yes, you'd think would be part of their normal procedure. Since they'd already sent us several broken computers, we got this for free. If you'd like them to check your machine to make sure it works before they send it to you, you'll have to pay $25.
- The only reason our company continued to use them despite all this trouble was their 3 year/$100 warrantee. This made all our efforts worth it because even if we got a bad machine, we trusted that with effort it would get replaced. Well, last May I sent 4 laptops back. After three weeks of hounding their customer service people to arrange the replacements, I'm finally told that they're not sending the replacements and they're closing our account. Why? Because we had returned too many computers (they claimed we had returned 90% of the laptops we bought; as I mention above, the actual figure was 48%). The irony here just killed me: Gainsaver sends us junk computers, we waste dozens of hours trying to get them replaced, and they close our account for doing so. Anyway, not being able to do anything else, I asked that they send me documentation demonstrating the 90% return figure as well as a copy of their returns policy. Predictably, they did neither.

Being a small non-profit, we can't afford lawyers to challenge their decision to not honor their own returns policy. This is why I'm writing this detailed review. We have no other recourse and hopefully others will learn from our experience and Gainsaver will pay by losing some business.

With this frustrating experience thankfully behind me, here's my advice to those thinking of purchasing a computer from Gainsaver:

1. 50%. A flip of a coin. That's your chances of getting a good Mac laptop from Gainsaver. Now, if you're buying a single machine, and you're willing to labor through their returns procedure, then it might be worth your while as they are pretty cheap. If you decide to go with them - despite the insanity of it - pay the extra $25 for "network diagnostics". It's the only way you can be nearly sure the computer won't be BOA - Broken On Arrival.
2. If you need more than one machine, go somewhere else. It won't be worth your time.
3. Consider buying a computer off eBay and then getting a SquareTrade warrantee. We bought a laptop this way which broke down and SquareTrade was an absolute pleasure to work with, especially in comparison to Gainsaver.

"Wow--I have a feeling that EVERY single good review on here is fake and is written by Gainsaver reps themselves.. I ordered a laptop from Gainsaver a whole month ago, and have yet to recieve it. I have tried to talk to someone on the phone about it multiple times, and always am directed to the same, cold woman who tends to hang u on me. Seeing as though I have waited a month for my order, something is reallly fishy about this site.."

"No. 1: They do not make it clear that the so-called rebate is an "in-store credit" (pretty much false advertising) I forgave this. Yes, I am a glutton for punishment...

No. 2: Advertised my "dream purchase" as a Core 2 Duo although no such thing exists for a Dell GX620. Again, I forgave...

No. 3: They took over a week to tell me that the "warehouse" reports that my last and only unit left failed some undisclosed test. ENOUGH!

These people need legal action now! Let's do it. I'll damn sure testify. The rest don't be an idiot like me. Place an order elsewhere.

"Excellent products at prices that are lower than I've seen anywhere else. I definitely recommend to anyone looking for a Mac."

"Wonderful products. Great customer service/website. Best Mac prices around. Have been recommending them to all of my friends and folks who want to switch from Microsoft Windows based PC's."

"Wonderful service. Fast, Easy, and affordable. I found the perfect part to repair my Mac Mini and I am very satisfied. I'm excited to get my next laptop from gainsavers!"

"fast shipping. Exact item I order. I would recomend everyone

"Gainsaver is excellent. I was able to get a replacement screen for my macbook for $35!!! Cheapest price on the internet. Would definitely buy from again. "

"Great Product iMac. Great experience. Works Great!!"

"VERY pleased with the product and service I received from GainSaver. The computer was a birthday gift for my son and he was more than thrilled when it arrived to him early. Always a plus when the merchandise is for a kid. :-) Thanks much and I will be back closer to September to order another Apple laptop for my daughter for her birthday thru GainSaver.

Kelle Holmes, NH

"My order went through very smooth. Very fast shipping got my computer in less then a week. Recommend for any one looking for a good computer at a reasonable and affordable price :)"

"I shopped all over the internet at atleast 10 or 15 different websites. I compared prices to that of gainsaver.com and didnt find anything cheaper. Especially with the ability to customize what you want on various computers. I have told many friends about it and two even bought computers once I showed them the website. They shipped the computer very fast. I was very pleased and will shop it agian."

"My daughter is completely happy with her MacBook. Service was fast,although once I did end up on hold on the phone for upwards of 20 minutes. (I hung up.) Service reps were friendly and helpful."

Share GainSaver's store rating

GainSaver is a Merchant Member! Learn more

GainSaver is a merchant member
GainSaver participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,697 merchant members.