• Address: 3900 Kilroy Airport Way Suite 350 Long Beach Ca

Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.81/10 8.81/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.19/10 9.19/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.52/10 8.52/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.75/10 8.75/10

"I bought my first refurb from Gainsaver 2 years ago, bought my second last week. I didn't shop around, etc... I know and trust Gainsaver from my previous experience. The folks there have been responsive, products trustworthy and prices are very good.

You guys ROCK!

(For the record, once you get your Apple computer and have any questions bout its operation, walk into an Apple store. The folks there are amazing and will help without questioning where the product was purchased.)

LP
Elkton, MD

"Offering a rebate which in most cases is cash refund and limiting it to store credit is a problem. I have searched the entire website for something that I might want and have found nothing. What good is the rebate to me?"

"I've been waiting weeks for payment on a laptop I sold to Gainsaver with the understanding the transaction would take no more than 10 days. They finally acknowledged receiving it on April 29th, and have been completely unresponsive ever since. I'll gladly retract my suspicions of fraud if the transaction ever happens, but beware!"

"Excellent service. Extremely happy with purchase."

"We ordered a refurbished iMac computer/monitor unit. GainSaver was quick to send us our order, it arrived in good shape and worked just fine. This unit came with a $100 in store credit rebate. We filled out the form and submitted it but have not heard anymore about it. It would have been nice to use on our last order. "

"I purchased a Macbook from the site and the first one I ordered failed the "test" before it was shipped to me. I was contacted promptly and a replacement unit was sent to me. I am very pleased with the computer and the service. Thanks! "

"I have purchased two Macintosh computers from GainSaver so far, and I have been pleased with the condition and operation of both.

Their pricing model is slapdash -- they quote a lowball stripped-down price and then add features back in for additional money. Most often, the computer never shipped with the tiny memories and hard drives in their basic quote, and sometimes they never shipped without an "extra cost" component that the vendor would have to work hours to remove. The careful buyer can save money by not paying extra for features that will be included anyway.

"Product was great, but still waiting on rebate. I don't even have a way of checking on my rebate. There needs to be a better system for that."

"I am not happy to find that my rebate is only good at Gainsaver. I only need a limited number of computers."

"I ordered the built in video board for a late 2006 xserve. It arrived and after installing and testing, it worked perfectly. So i got a working card, shipped same day i ordered, what else can i say."

"I'm sure the positive reviews are either fakes or alliases for employees of Gainsaver.com. My friend ordered Mac, paid via wire-transfer to get fast devilvery. Two weeks later no Mac. He called and wrote to cancel the order. Steve in "customer service" said he could only get a store credit and can't get a refun.

I called spoke with Jen Brown. I asked her if I orderd and paid for something and it was not available, would I get a complete refund? She said, Yes, absolutely."

These guys are theives stay away.

modified review Rep reply posted May-27-2011

QCGainsaver, GainSaver rep has responded

“Customer was refunded in full”

"Very happy with the computer I purchased. Order arrived even quicker than estimated it would."

"Happy with final product, a little confused that the rebate was site credit. Thought it was bit of a bait and switch."

"Incredible prices, delivered when promised, and in the condition advertised.
Great Company!

"Gainsaver always offers great price for good used hardware. "

GainSaver is a Merchant Member! Learn more

GainSaver is a merchant member
GainSaver participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,865 merchant members.