Store Information Store Info
  • Rating 7.00/10 920 reviews

GainSaver is a merchant member
    GainSaver participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,877 merchant members.
  • GainSaver contact information

Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.44/10 7.44/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.72/10 7.72/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.86/10 6.86/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.10/10 5.10/10

"Buyer beware! After 2 months, I'm out $120 and a lot of time/hassle and have no computer. Bought a Macbook + extended warranty. Upon reciept, found out the Optical drive was inoperative so had to send back the entire computer per warranty requirements (totally understandable). They do not fix your computer but send you a totally new one (you will lose all data on the hard drive) which they didn't have, so they refunded my money, minus the warranty (does me no good without a computer) and shipping fees. I wanted to wait until a suitable replacement became available, but they refused. Save yourself the trouble and go with another vendor."

"I was searching for a good deal on a used MacBook Pro, mainly to save a few dollars and also to find an older model with a DVD drive built-in. Our photographer recommended GainSaver. I found the perfect model i7 Quad-core and ordered online. I saved about $700 over a new unit, and that included maxing out the memory and the 2-year add-on warranty. I got great communications throughout the process and delivery was quick. Packaging was excellent. Free shipping too. The Mac is flawless and works like a brand new unit. I would order from GainSaver again for sure, and put the savings to work in my business. "

"With having received the computer that I had ordered from "GainSaver", I was pleasantly surprised to find that I had in fact received what certainly looked—and ultimately run and felt—like a brand new machine. In my case, essentially a like new 2006 model "iMac" running a more updated, main OS than had come with the unit originally. In this case, and where looking to acquire a good backup unit to mine more main, "patience" has certainly turned out to have benefited my bank account. .. They have my full recommendation."

"Horrible experience.

I am the IT administrator for a large graphic design and printing company.

I convinced my boss to let me try Gainsaver out, because the price was right, and we are constantly in need of new macs for our designers.

I ordered a 2010 model refurbished mac pro from them, and the next day I got an email saying there was a problem with my order, and asking me to call them.

I called thinking I typed the credit card number wrong or something.

Turns out, the computer I ordered was not available.

They offered to send me "a much better" computer for $100 more.

I was reluctant, but was entertaining the notion.

Got the part number from them, and looked it up on their site.

This "much better" computer was a 2008 model.
(That's what I intended to replace with this purchase.)

I asked if there was anything they could do as far as an actual better model, and they said "This is all we got right now, take it or leave it."

I was offended at their offer to sell me a computer that was 2 years older for $100 more.

And I was shocked at their attitude, as it illustrated that they did not care if I did business with them or not.

I have never dealt with a company like this.

Also, the Mac Pro I ordered is STILL listed for sale on their site.
(The one they don't have)

Maybe that's their business model. Get the order, then try to scam the customer into paying more for a lesser model.

Guess I need to keep shopping around for a supplier.

I strongly recommend against giving this company a try.

"Got what I ordered quickly. Was told first computer did not pass test, got another just as good for the same price. I love it. So far so good."

"Easy and affordable option to get a Mac to run our presentation/production software. "

"Very satisfied with my purchase. "

"I love shopping with GainSaver! The selection is wonderful, and it is fantastic that even when buying used equipment, I can still customize it to my liking. Thanks a bunch!"

"I would like to say gainsaver has done nothing for me. I was going to sell my items to gainsaver and they quoted me $317. After gainsaver got them items took all the boxes and manuals for all my brand new items I sent them, they take and tell me $265. Once I heard this I requested for them back. upon receiving them I just got back my items and power cords. they just kept the manufactures boxes and manuals that I had sent to them. so now when I have to sell them the items look like shit all no manufactures box, no manuals, Now I have to sell for less due to gainsaver being to cheap to send back the way I sent to them. "

"Bait and switch company. DO NOT buy from them. Like many others, they sent me a used apple model that wasn't what I ordered and older than what I ordered. Sent it back, and they gave me store credit MINUS shipping and insurance ($60 value!). I ordered correct model via phone, then was told that the model I ordered failed testing and they didn't have any more, so they tried to sell me another model THREE years older than what I wanted, or I could pay more for a newer model. Seriously? I'm now trying to get a full refund on my credit card and they say it takes up to two weeks. Do not pay for the Diagnostics, warranty or anything. They don't repair, they are not licensed by BEAR at all, their corp is bought in NV but have no physical address there. Buyers beware of them! If you pay ENOUGH you might get a good deal, but I wouldn't recommend them for anything!"

modified review reply posted Feb-20-2014

QCGainsaver, GainSaver rep has responded

“Dear GainSaver Customer,

We are sorry you had issues with your equipment. The full refund you requested has been processed.

GainSaver Customer Service”

Georgia Florida

"I've always been strictly business when it came to my computer and my computer has always been totally personal when it came to my lifestyle. When it came to GainSaver simplistically I was always corrected when I had to get skimpy about my orders because I was low on dollars the proper suggestions were made, usually I use GainSaver when it comes to computers. I buy a lot of computers and components GainSaver is as close to me as my computer because there development has been a part of my life. Wether I am using a brand new computer thats recently been developed or one of my more preferred angels from the past I always can learn from checking GainSaver to see what all correlates along with my digital world. Anything I've ever purchased from them has been exactly as they described and are usually performing more bodaciously then anything else, recently I dropped one of my machines in a construction zone and had to purchase another identical one from GainSaver to get going again. Sometimes I wonder whose characters are tougher my computers or mine. So far I my computer family here has never let any one of us go, we like to stay together because were private."

Rating 8/104/5

"I have enjoyed great value with the products I've ordered over the years."

WillzShire's Avatar
Charlottesville Virginia

"GainSaver is my go-to resource for refurbished MAC equipment. I've been purchasing from GainSaver for 3 years and have never been disappointed. I've purchased several MAC PC's in the past, a MacBook Pro recently and a Mac monitor recently. Very happy with GainSaver products and service - no reason to go anywhere else."

agrazfj's Avatar
Houston

"Responsible, quick, very thrifty prices for high quality equipment. And, when necessary, phone assistance is right on point."

"My order was fast and I received my order the way it was described. Good place to buy!"