Product & services pricing Rating 0.72/10 0.72/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.54/10 0.54/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.05/10 0.05/10

BeHappySmileAlways's Avatar
San Joaquin/Central Valley

"Warning! Do Not Order from this company! I should have checked the reviews first, but thought via a Google search, flowers would be sent from a local florist. Their $40.00 off, almost a "bait and switch" offer is a scam and gets eaten up by delivery/processing and taxes fees, so the actual shown price is almost what you really pay.

I ordered a Christmas Huggable Bears planter flower arrangement for my daughter, had to call because I never got an email confirmation and only saw my final charges on the screen for a second and almost fell over when it was over $80, not same day delivery rush express, so wanted an explanation and order confirmation of some type. I never got a email with tracking info or confirmation the order was shipped, so called to see if the order was sent and avoid spoiling the surprise by calling my daughter, which is one of many problems to come. I was told no local florists were able to deliver right after calling to get a confirmation email, so the arrangement was being shipped Fed Ex to arrive the next day and when my daughter sent me a photo of her flowers, I was speechless and not happy to see a dozen open peach colored roses in a dollar store plain, clear stock vase. I paid way too much to just let the issue go and tried to call for help on Christmas eve and spent over 6 hours calling, talking to the initial rep, getting transfered to customer care specialists, hung up on, routed into voicemail, my daughter tried calling too, but no one called me back as promised and looking for one of many different numbers this company has, but all to same run around call center. My final call, I was hot and made it clear I would start filing reports, get ahold of the state attorney general, news that does investigative reporting if hung up on, transfered and didn't get help, which finally got me to a customer rep. I was told the new order would be sent Monday, days after Christmas and be what I ordered, given what later was confirmed the prior Fed Ex tracking number and the rep told me she thought I'd be happy to hear they were resending the order to my daughter, as if Flower Delivery Express did me a favor wasting my time Christmas eve simply trying to get resolution. Monday came and no delivery. Called several times, doing the merry go round again with long holds, no answer, sent to voicemail, etc. and then told there was an "issue", so a new order was being created and sent the next day. I got an email and realized the order number was different, so question if a replacement order was ever really done correctly, but my daughter sent me a photo of the flowers and it was a Christmas themed arrangement, but a snowman cookie jar and not the polar bear. I was done, lesson learned, but had to take the time to warn others and share this nightmare, time wasting, expensive experience, with the hope of saving someone from the worst service, expensive, cellphone minutes wasted, extra hidden charges experience I have ever had.This company should be closed down and investigated, period. Beware.

"I meant to click a local florist but the google search had these guys pop up first...with the name of the florist but their web address. I went with flowers shown as $69. The summary showed a price of about $60 with a bunch of lines for rebates etc and without STUDYING it, i completed the order only to see a confirm with total priice of $115. I called them immediately to cancel the order and was put on hold ... i'm typing this while on hold .... its now 12.5 minutes since the call started."

"When I was on the phone with the flowersdeliveryexpress representative (i think her name was like "Shoncey". I know I probably misspelled it) and we went through the order I was trying to make online for the best "Sweet Surprise" for delivery on 11/20/2014. She came up with a price of $76.00. That was more than what I wanted to spend and I told her nicely that that was too much and I couldn't do that but thank you for your time. She then said, what did you want to spend on it. I said, well, what I thought I was going to spend (around $53.00) before I found out about the extra charges at the end of the checkout process. She said she could apply a discount or something and do it for $53.76. I then specifically said / asked, "And it will look exactly like the picture of the flowers "Sweet Surprise" on the web site?" and she said yes it will. I actually asked this twice.

So here is what happened:
1. The flowers received looked absolutely nothing like the picture of "Sweet Surprise" on the website. I have a picture of the flowers received if needed. Just let me know I will download to my laptop and send.
2. Flowers arrived two days before they were supposed to. This is something else that I confirmed twice with the rep before hanging up. Yes sir, I have delivery date of Thursday Nov. 20th. Flowers arrived the day after I placed the order.
3. Misspelling on the enclosed card.The card was supposed to say "Hope you're having a great day" however, whoever wrote the card wrote it as "Hope your having a great day".

"I ordered flowers for our daughter in McLean, VA through Flower Delivery Express. The flowers were made up and delivered by My Florist. The flowers were not what I ordered and cost more than I expected when extra charges were added. I ordered an extra large arrangement called "Country Christmas" made up of red roses, chartreuse mums, with natural pine cones in a clay pot. My daughter received a small arrangement of red carnations and tackily sprayed pine cones in a glass vase. I called Flower Delivery Express twice to complain - after many delays and long waits, I twice left messages on voice mail; Flower Delivery Express claimed they would call back but never did. With service and delivery charges, my order came to $82.63. I was most dissatisfied. I would not use Flower Delivery Express or My Florist again."

"Do not use this company!!
They DO NOT deliver what they promise. I ordered flowers for my wedding anniversary. I even Pre-ordered my flowers the day before my anniversary. I had called late in the day to check on the delivery and was told they were delivered. However i found out they never delivered them. When I finally got through to customer service I was told they would be there in 20 mins. Two and a half hours later they show up, which now is at the end of the day. To top it off they were not even the flowers I ordered. I spent over $100.00 on my order of flowers. When they did arrive I had two roses and a few carnations, not even close to what I ordered. They tried to force me to use their company again by issuing me a store credit. I had to call my credit card company to correct the matter.

"The first bouquet i ordered a couple days ago arrived very quick and they were just like the picture online"

"DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY***********Absolutely the worst experience in my life as far as ordering and the delivery was nothing like I ordered. I ordered sunflowers and roses and they delivered daisy's. I called back and they said I was past 48hrs so they wouldn't do anything. I asked for a manager and they put me on eternal hold. I did not see the flowers under the 48hours since I didn't sent them to myself. PLEASE do not give this company any more money to rip people off. Customer service is terrible too and said there is nothing they can do. I said I was going to leave this review and they said go ahead."

"I would NOT recommend ordering anything from this company! At first glance, the prices shown seem reasonable, however- once you enter your credit card information they add on about 6 additional charges that far outweigh the price of the arrangement. I ordered a small arrangement that cost $29, after the additional charges the total to my card was well over $90!!! I called to complain because when the arrangement arrived it was cheap looking... I could have purchased flowers from WalMart and had a better looking bunch. They apologized and sent me a coupon for $50 toward my next purchase, however the website makes it impossible to redeem coupons/rebates! And once you call customer care, you better have all day because you will be on hold FOREVER! you are better off staying clear of this company and just calling a local florist."

modified review This review was modified by Twalka on December 15 2014 09:25:43 AM

"DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY! They are a fly-by-night operation that charges about double what you expect at the end of the ordering process--during the process, they give you a credit on your current purchase for a future one making it look like you'll be paying less than what you ultimately pay. I ordered an arrangement with white roses and a silver vase and paid $90 for it. They delivered daisies, hydrangeas and white lilies. The only reason I gave them one star is because there isn't an option for no stars."

modified review This review was modified by malmly on December 13 2014 10:50:38 AM

"If I could give this company a 0 for customer service, reliability and quality of product I would. Their rebates are nothing but a come on. Their delivery costs and services are over 38.00. The average florist overhead costs are $9.99. Your delivery will not come on the agreed time, your arrangement will be embarrassing and not what you ordered. Look at the pictures you ordered from. They give you no deminsions of the product. After 9 plus emails and 5 customer representive phone calls cost me a whole day. They would not cancel an order after I saw their 38.00 overhead costs and sent me an inferior product 13 days ahead of time. Their company is a scam and if dissatisfied they will only send you rebates you can't use toward your current bill. In short, I warned you of almost certain disappointed results for you and your loved ones. Happy Holidays!"

modified review This review was modified by dls61 on December 13 2014 10:48:00 AM

"All should contact BBB and Attorney Generals office. This company is SHADY!!

I was told a totally different amount on the subtotal page before I hit process. My order was $50 more than what it said it would be. Then the confirmation page said that it was $50 off THE NEXT order! Everything presented on the previous page, including my total said it was a $50 rebate on my current order! I tried to call and cancel the order just minutes later, and was told I couldn't, that it had already been processed!!! My friend got the flowers and sent me a picture, it was not at all what I ordered. Both of my parents were florists for 30 years. I know what flowers cost... Fern, Pom-poms, carnations and ONE rose DO NOT cost $90! After 8 phone calls and being shuffled around and told to call back the next day to Flower Delivery Express and my many threats about posting bad reviews, blasting them on social media, contacting the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney Generals office, I finally got $30 back on my card. (We shall see if it actually shows up!) They tried to give it to me as store credit and I said absolutely not!! I will never use them again! They are awful!

I highly suggest that anyone having issues file a complaint with the BBB and the Attorney Generals office. The more that complain, the more likely we are all to get more refunded to us.

modified review This review was modified by Long2014 on December 10 2014 04:54:45 PM

"No "customer service"! Twice they hanged up on me. Left me on hold for 35 minutes and longer periods. WHY DID I CONSTANTLY CALL THEM -----PROBLEM----THEY DID NOT DELIVER MY FLOWERS AS I PURCHASED. OK...5 days after the event expired and after the requested delivery date, then the flowers arrived. This was after I had to order another $100 worth of flowers from another respective flower company, (not from Flowers Delivery Express again, I assure you).....AVOID BUYING FROM THIS COMPANY! Overpriced, no service and no delivery service. If you want to buy flowers and not get them delivered on time, this is your company! Buy elsewhere!!!!!!!!! Secondly, I receive an email stating that I have a $51 plus change, credit available, but it expires "tonight at 9:20pm". So I ATTEMPTED to use the credit. I ordered $18 worth of flowers - NOTE: NOTHING ELSE IN ON THE ORDER - NOTHING!!!! - I applied my credit of $51 plus change credit and AFTER it was applied, I OWED THEM $25... OK WHAT A SCAM! REALLY, DO THE MATH, HOW DO I OWE YOU $25 FOR AN $18 ORDER WHEN USING OVER $51 CREDIT??????? HOW INSULTING! I STRONGLY DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS “FLOWER DELIVER EXPRESS” COMPANY. BEWARE – GO SOMEWHERE ELSE TO PURCHASE FLOWERS!!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by RTL11 on December 08 2014 06:18:45 PM

"Do not ever order from these peopleDo not ever ever ever order from FlowerDeliveryExpress.com. I ordered flowers on left but recipient in New York got flowers on right and two days later than day I requested delivery. I rarely complain about products or services but this is so ridiculous I just had to. So I'm on a campaign to advise. Please share.... "

modified review This review was modified by RWinbush on December 07 2014 11:19:45 AM

"My flowers haven't even yet been delivered, but expect to pay EXCESSIVE charges with this company. They have hidden fees! I ordered a small bouquet arrangement expecting my order might be around $60-$70. It totaled nearly $95! Look for the mystery "Sales Rate" charge which is placed in order to appear as sales tax...but on closer inspection you will see it is not tax and calculates at some unexplained exorbitant rate. Mind you, the "Sales Rate" charge is already above and beyond the "Service Charge" of $19.99 and their delivery charge!

They also advertise a $50 credit to be used on your next order. Foolish me. It was after I placed my first order that totaled nearly $100 for a very small arrangement that I went back in to place a second order to use my $50 credit. That's when I noticed all the extra charges. Use the credit? Hah! My next equally small order was totaling $84 or so WITH my $50 credit! Outrageous. The product I selected initially showed a charge and "order summary" of $64.95 + $10 delivery, but then after I entered by credit card, the base price read $74.95 (yes, no idea why it increased), plus $10 shipping, plus all the other mystery fees ("service charge" and "sales rate" and even a $3 card fee which apparently is preselected somewhere along the purchase process. I wish I could include a screen shot here for you to see.

Thieves, and shameful. I have no problem with a company charging a fair rate and, even if expensive, clearly showing the charges. And, especially regarding the $19.99 service charge, while I hate it that practice is common among any internet flower provider (FTD, 800Flowers, etc.) I have found. That said -- the others are not sneaks and thieves. I have only disdain for Flower Delivery Express which apparently is fine with taking advantage of unfamiliar or unsuspecting buyers.

At this rate, I can only hope the flowers get there. I see other reviewers say the flowers didn't even arrive. I regret I did not read these reviews before I made the purchase. If the flowers do at least arrive I will repost so they at least get credit from me for that. But, again, their sales practices are horrible. The mystery fees and sneaking in of increased prices are neither reputable or appreciated. God forbid you do have a problem the order or delivery because clearly there is nothing I have observed in the purchase process demonstrates they respect their customers or care.

Do yourself a favor.

modified review This review was modified by gpenn24 on December 04 2014 07:09:12 PM

"When placing an order for a friends mothers funeral, the total came to $65 once I put my card information in, I received a confirmation notice for $99.88. I IMMEDIATELY tried calling to cancel my order. I was transferred to another department, where I listened to a recorded message for 10 minutes before being disconnected. I called right back to have the same thing happen 5 times in a row, 50 minutes total. The 6th time I called, someone FINALLY picked up the phone and when I told them my issue, they tried knocking $10 off my order. When I told them that was not adequate, they talked to their supervisor who tried to knock $20 off my order. I told them that if the price was not the $65 I was originally expecting, I wanted to cancel. I was put on hold and 10 minutes later, I was disconnected. AGAIN, I called the non-customer support number listed to listen to the recorded message 3 more times (30 min). I am now on hold for the 4 time, hoping someone picks up again. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. When trying to cancel using the online customer support form, you can fill it out, BUT the "Send" button has been disabled.

modified review This review was modified by burke101111 on December 04 2014 10:33:13 AM

Flower Delivery Express is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Flower Delivery Express is a merchant member
Flower Delivery Express participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,897 merchant members.