Finish Line Reviews - page 4 - finishline.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 1.00/10 108 reviews

Finish Line is not a merchant member
Finish Line does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"I ordered two sweatshirts for my Nephew on December 22 from this web site. My nephew called today the 29th to tel me that he did not receive them. With concern that maybe I mistakenly put in the wrong shipping address I contacted Finish-line customer care at 1-888-777-3949. I was then told that my order had been canceled and that neither of the sweatshirts that I purchased were in stock (contrary to what the website displayed) at the time of the order and that the reason i was not notified of this was because it takes up to 10 business days to verify that the items are no longer available, its only after that would they inform the customer (FYI: I still have not received any written notification of the cancellation of my purchase). Needless to say that my experience with Finish-line online store was less than desirable. To add insult upon injury when I spoke with the representatives in Customer care regarding this matter they came across as unsympathetic and gave no options for reorder or recourse. They simply did not care. The fact that this happened in the holidays is understandable to a point, but how it was handled after the fact is inconsiderate to the customer and will have me never ordering from this website again."

"Placed an order and rec'd confirmation # for 2 pairs of sz 12 Concords. Then was able to purchase/place order for a pair of Xmas Lebrons, sz 13, also rec'd conf. #. I called to confirm the orders were being placed, I was told all is good. Then yesterday receive an email that my Lebrons were cancelled and then asked about the concords, those will be cancelled too. I was told because my shipping (work) address is different than billing, despite me having on file with them at least 4 or 5 prior orders being delivered to the same FRIGGEN work address! Never again, don't waste your time on these pathetic excuse for a company who can't even bring their own payment/verification system in house, weak sauce."

"PATHETIC!!!! I placed an order of Christmas gifts in November and was sent a shipment confirmation on November 23rd. After 5 phone class and 3 promised replacement orders that were supposedly overnighted I NEVER got my items. I waited on hold for 57 MINUTES to be told that I would not be getting my items by Christmas. Then, to top it off, I was sent an apology card with coupons (yes the same coupons I am emailed every other day) for my inconvenience. I will never order from Finish Line again!! If I could give them 0 stars I would!"

"Don't give them your email -- they'll spam you 3-4 times a week. Got a 20% discount email that persuaded me to go into the store, where one clerk helped my 12 yr old son while I was on the other side of the store with my 8 yr old daughter. That clerk was so helpful -- steering my son directly to a $90 pair of Nikes before I could get over there! I should've said no but he knew my son was at the age where he wanted the cool shoes. Manipulative. When I tried to use an email coupon at checkout of course it didn't apply to those expensive Nikes. Wasted 25 minutes as they "tried" to figure out why the coupon wouldn't work. NEVER AGAIN!!

Rating 8/104/5

"I ordered a pair of nike shox on august 25th. I never got a confirmation email, nor did i get a shipping email. on my card overview, it charged me for the shoes, yet it had no description. Again, like i said, i never got any emails from them. i called them up and then they said oh yeah your shoes are supposed to be delivered on wednesday. its now tuesday october 4th. and i am hoping i will get them tomorrow. overall, it was ok."

"DO NOT SHOP THIS ONLINE RETAILER! I can't speak on how their brick and mortar stores work but the customer service at the Finshline.com SUCKS DONKEY!

I ordered a Nike GPS watch on 8/29 and as of 9/21 I have no idea when I will get it. FinishLine.com says 1 to 8 days but since that has seemed to be the story for the past three and half weeks, I doubt it's true.

Don't order from the FinishLine.com unless you plan to wait and wait and wait for your order. And calling them will only frustrate you. I will not buy from them ever again. Shame on me for not reading reviews before the order.

UPDATE 9/25/11: On 9/21/11 I spoke to customer service manager and she said she would take care of reshipping the watch to me (UPS claims to have left it at my garage which is nearly impossible since someone was home at the time and the garage is always closed especially during the biggest flooding rains of the decade). I have yet to get an updated e-mail or anything. It is quickly approaching a month since I placed the order and I am very disappointed. I WILL NEVER SHOP THE FINISHLINE AGAIN. You should do the same.

"I'm a very patient person but this customer service made me furious. Six calls over three weeks for an online order that was supposed to be fulfilled by a local store. Who does business this way?"

"NEVER AGAIN!!! won't bore you with all the details, I just wish I checked ratings before ordering from finish line!!! DO NOT order from them if you want to keep your sanity!! seriously!!!!"

"Okay iWould NOT Recommend Anyone too buy from them. I called because I received the wrong shoes . From when I went to the store to exchange shoes because they were the wrong size . So he ordered them and shipped them . BUT they were the ones i specifically said i did NOT want ! ! So when i called the guy cussed at me ! The workers have HORRIBLE owner ship , manners , attitudes etc"

"The customer service at Finish Line is definitely among the lowest that I've experienced. I've spoken with 2 different customer service agents and both were extremely non pleasant. I called to inquire about a pair of Nike's they have on the website but only in size 6 (I'm a 10) and the woman told me they will never have that shoe in my size ... I was shopping for Men's Sneakers. I ordered a pair of Jordan's instead, but they did not arrive when scheduled. I spoke with another agent to find out what happened and she said that the shipping company could not verify the address. I had put down my work address in Boston, MA and when she read me what I entered, I told her that was correct. She then told me that she can "try" to find out what was wrong, or they could ship the sneakers to a local store and I could pick them up. What's the point of delivery then if I have to go pick them up? I cancelled the order and she said I will not receive reimbursement until the sneakers are returned. Based on reviews below, I may wait a while. All in all, I'm short $100 and without a product. I really hope this company goes out of business."

"Worst shoe purchase of my life, a bunch of snotty teenagers delighted in refusing my return, and again when my wife tried, all in all three trips to return a lousy pair of shoes, all for bureaucratic reasons. I will never order from them again and I will spend the rest of my like ensuring no one else does either."

modified review This review was modified by patient957 on June 03 2011 10:55:13 AM

"Unbelievable. I placed an order. 4 days later they emailed me and said they didn't have stock and were cancelling the order. 2 weeks later and they still haven't released my payment. Everytime I call or email I get a different answer.
I just spent 20 minutes on hold. I will NEVER order anything from this company again. It amazes me the companies that think they can get away with treatment like this. I might be one....but we increase.

Rating 8/104/5

"I ordered my first pair of Nike Free Run + from Finish Line, and the shoes arrived in rapid fashion with no problems. Then, I received an email providing me with a $15 coupon on a future order, so I decided to get a second pair of Frees. They came in just a couple of days. I haven't had any negative issues ordering this way. "

modified review This review was modified by Runwithme on April 06 2011 08:02:34 PM

"I bought my son a pair of $90.00 Air Jordans at Finish Line store in Orland Square Mall. The next morning he put the shoes on before going to school, and was complaining that they were hurting his ankles. So my wife told him to take them off, and we would return them. I went to the store to return them, and the manager turned them over, and said that there was dirt on the bottom, and that they couldn't be returned for a refund. I told him that they hadn't been worn and that I wanted a full refund. He told me that all he could do was give me a store credit. I argued with him for 10 minutes, but to no avail. So I took the store credit.
Judging by all of the other reviews on this site, it is obvious that that is their store policy-to do whatever they have to do, to not give a full refund.
I understand that there are some people that wear things, and then return them so that they don't have to pay for them. But, that is not us. I will NEVER shop at Finish Line again, (I doubt that Finish Line will be around much longer anyway), and we will tell all of our friends about what happened.

"First thing first, the shipment took 3+ weeks. It was ridiculous how long I had to wait. I ordered socks thinking it was for adults, but it turned out to be kids. It did not say nothing about kids size. It would be a good thing to have editors to review descriptions on products and have them fix misleading descriptions. I gave the socks to my nephew so Finishline is lucky I didn't complain to them. The exchange policy is ridiculous. The running shoe I ordered was a bit tight. Went to the Finishline at my local mall to exchange them. An employee tried to find the size I was looking for, but did not have them. I was disappointed but she ask if I would like for her to call another store. I said okay. I waited for about 10 minutes because the other store did not pick up their phone. Yes, I was getting impatient. Finally she said they put my size on reserve. I thanked her for her great customer service. I went to the other mall and exchanged them. The employees there looked confuse when they looked at my receipt. I told them I ordered it online. They gave me a weird look like I shouldn't exchange them here. Finally, when everything was set, the employee said well that will be $2 and some odd cents. I was feeling irate. I ask her why and she said it's sales tax. I ask her why would I have to pay if I'm just doing an exchange? She had NO idea why and said maybe because I ordered it online. I was about to go crazy. So I paid $9 shipping PLUS TAX for ordering online and additional $3 TAX to exchange it. After that I was so dissatisfy with everything. The shoes I wanted for months didn't even matter anymore. I am a disappointed customer who will never shop at Finishline.com. My family and friends will do the same. In conclusion to fixing my solutions, Finishline needs an editor for better descriptions and change the exchange policy. Paying shipping PLUS TAX is already $10+ and paying tax for an exchange is ridiculous. "