Finish LineCoupons

Product & services pricing Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

"Will not do business with them again. Received a phone call from customer service asking to speak with my husband. I stated that I was an authorized card holder but representative refused to speak with me about my recent order without speaking with my husband (the name I placed on the shipping address). My husband spend 28 minutes on hold before hanging up and telling me to cancel the order. I called back and spent 37 minutes on hold before talking with a supervisor (Scott Tollin). He told me he simply needed to verify I wanted to the shoes shipped to a different address than my billing address. I have no problem with their policy, but think their hold time stinks. Also, Mr. Tollin spoke with me when the first representative refused even though I could verify all information - including password on the account and security number on my credit card (plus I am an authorized user). Will never do business with Finish Line again and will encourage all of my friends via facebook to be aware of their poor ability to handle customer service calls. "

"I am very disappointed with Finish Line.
My fiancé had been talking about the Jordan Spizike’s for weeks so I decided that when I got paid I would buy them for him. After finally receiving my paycheck so I could purchase the shoes my fiancé has been raving about, I searched online and found that Finish Line had them in stock. Not only did they have them in stock, but they had his size. He wears thirteen- so finding shoes that fit him that he actually likes can be difficult at times. I decided to make my purchase. His size was in stock and was available for me to select. The transaction went through successfully. Nowhere on the confirmation page did it disclose anything about there being a limited quantity, or that my order may not go through due to there being a limited quantity. I checked my bank account later that day and the funds had sure enough been placed in a “Pending “status. I was confident that he would be receiving the shoes he wanted within a week or so, and also happy that I had managed to have just enough money to buy them for him, and also lucky enough that they had not yet ran out of his size.
A few days later we checked on the status of the order and it said that it was on “Hold” due to something that needed to be verified in regards to the shipping address not matching my billing address. Fine.
I called them to get whatever needed to be straightened out, straightened out on what just so happened to be a Saturday and my day off. I spent the better part of the day trying to get in touch with someone due to there being an exorbitant amount of calls coming through, and their apparently being shorthanded. I made roughly 10-15 calls that day and spent 15-20 minutes on hold each time waiting to speak with someone only to eventually get transferred to a voicemail answering service advising to leave a voicemail….but never did I receive I call back. I gave up and decided to just try later on that day.
Around seven-ish that night I called them back and actually got to talk to someone. I verified my information and asked if the hold had been taken off. The rep advised me that it had. I once again felt confident that we would be receiving the shoes within a week or so.
Several days later (Wednesday) we contacted Finish Line again due to the order now having had a status of “Processing” for a few days. They advised that due to a high demand the shoes may or may not be available and if they did not ship by Friday then most likely they were no longer available. I could not believe what I just heard. But I decided to just be patient, because I was certain that this couldn’t possibly be right. Clearly when I initially made the purchase my transaction had gone through successfully, so there should be no reason I should have been sold something that finish line wasn’t absolutely certain would be available when it was time to ship. So I thought.
The next day (Thursday) we called in again to check on the status and they advised that they had in fact sold out of that size and were now going to see if they were able to locate the shoes anywhere else and send them to us, if not the transaction would be cancelled and I would receive a full refund. Later the same day we received a call telling us that they could not locate any of the shoes and the transaction would be cancelled and I would receive a full refund. At this point I was very angry. My fiancé asked the rep who called how this could have happened and was told that when our order had been placed on “Hold” for verification……no item was ever actually placed on hold. In other words, they went ahead and sold the shoes that I had already bought because somewhere along the line someone dropped the ball. My fiancé did not even receive an apology for the oversight. The rep simply stated it as if it was an everyday occurrence there that a customer is sold an item that it is no longer available.
I understand that these shoes were in high demand. That is beside the point. I understand that I will be receiving a full refund. That too is beside the point. The point is this…I finally had the money to buy my fiancé a pair of shoes he actually really liked…. in his size at that! And now because of a careless oversight due to the incompetence of a company, an item that we purchased with what we thought was plenty of time in advance….was then sold out from under us. In my opinion this is unacceptable business practice and if I had enough money for a lawyer I would pursue legal action. But then I guess if I had that much money I could have just bought him 15 pair the very first day the d*** things came out just like all those rich people do and I wouldn’t be sitting here telling this story in the first place.
Finish line has just lost my business indefinitely.

"After ten days of seeing my order "processing" it gets cancelled.
I called to see why and they said this item was no longer in stock.

I would understand and just move on... But why did it take 10 days? And worse than that, why is that same shoe, in the same size, on their website right now???? That is crap! The next would-be-customer who attempts to buy these shoes will just end up as frustrated as I am now (after a couple of weeks).

Avoid.

"FinishLine is worthless. Ordered shoes that were apparantly not in inventory. I got a clearance t-shirt for $1.99. I wind up getting just the shirt and my shoe order gets canceled and I still wind up paying $9.98 for shipping. What kind of crap is that? I basically paid 4x as much for shipping than the shirt I got and the shoes never came. Customer service sucks. I'm going to call my credit card company to get a refund."

"My review is consistent with the rest, Finish Line waits more than a week to cancel your order and doesn't even notify you that they canceled your order. The only reason I knew that my order was canceled was by reviewing my credit card statement. All the technology we have nowadays and they can't keep track of their inventory. Finish Line will not get my business again! "

"This is a bad retailer. They will take your order by telling you items are in stock, and when you call to check on delivery 9 days later they will tell you they cancelled your order. Now I have to wait and see if they will send my money back. Too bad this was for a birthday gift. I will never deal with them again!"

"I have no idea how they stay in business. Canceled my online order a few weeks ago but did not credit my CC. Ordered the 7th of Dec just found out today order was canceled. Good luck getting an email response or talking to a live person"

"Finish Line's inventory system is a joke! I've placed the same order three times - all canceled with no notification.
According to their customer service, you can place an order on their website for an available item, but if somebody walks into a store and buys that item before your order is shipped, then your order gets canceled.
They call this "Real-time inventory" but it seems closer to "when we feel like it inventory"

"Update: Customer Service Manager contacted me to let me know that they had received my shoes and were sending them out to me Next Day Air! So they did come through in the end.

Ordered the Concords on Dec 23rd, received confirmation email, credit card was charged - this was my son's only request for Christmas and now I receive an email saying that the order was cancelled! Customer service sucks, there should be a class action lawsuit for fraud. Orders should not be confirmed without inventory! never again will I shop Finish Line

"I ordered two sweatshirts for my Nephew on December 22 from this web site. My nephew called today the 29th to tel me that he did not receive them. With concern that maybe I mistakenly put in the wrong shipping address I contacted Finish-line customer care at 1-888-777-3949. I was then told that my order had been canceled and that neither of the sweatshirts that I purchased were in stock (contrary to what the website displayed) at the time of the order and that the reason i was not notified of this was because it takes up to 10 business days to verify that the items are no longer available, its only after that would they inform the customer (FYI: I still have not received any written notification of the cancellation of my purchase). Needless to say that my experience with Finish-line online store was less than desirable. To add insult upon injury when I spoke with the representatives in Customer care regarding this matter they came across as unsympathetic and gave no options for reorder or recourse. They simply did not care. The fact that this happened in the holidays is understandable to a point, but how it was handled after the fact is inconsiderate to the customer and will have me never ordering from this website again."

"Placed an order and rec'd confirmation # for 2 pairs of sz 12 Concords. Then was able to purchase/place order for a pair of Xmas Lebrons, sz 13, also rec'd conf. #. I called to confirm the orders were being placed, I was told all is good. Then yesterday receive an email that my Lebrons were cancelled and then asked about the concords, those will be cancelled too. I was told because my shipping (work) address is different than billing, despite me having on file with them at least 4 or 5 prior orders being delivered to the same FRIGGEN work address! Never again, don't waste your time on these pathetic excuse for a company who can't even bring their own payment/verification system in house, weak sauce."

"PATHETIC!!!! I placed an order of Christmas gifts in November and was sent a shipment confirmation on November 23rd. After 5 phone class and 3 promised replacement orders that were supposedly overnighted I NEVER got my items. I waited on hold for 57 MINUTES to be told that I would not be getting my items by Christmas. Then, to top it off, I was sent an apology card with coupons (yes the same coupons I am emailed every other day) for my inconvenience. I will never order from Finish Line again!! If I could give them 0 stars I would!"

"Don't give them your email -- they'll spam you 3-4 times a week. Got a 20% discount email that persuaded me to go into the store, where one clerk helped my 12 yr old son while I was on the other side of the store with my 8 yr old daughter. That clerk was so helpful -- steering my son directly to a $90 pair of Nikes before I could get over there! I should've said no but he knew my son was at the age where he wanted the cool shoes. Manipulative. When I tried to use an email coupon at checkout of course it didn't apply to those expensive Nikes. Wasted 25 minutes as they "tried" to figure out why the coupon wouldn't work. NEVER AGAIN!!

"I ordered a pair of nike shox on august 25th. I never got a confirmation email, nor did i get a shipping email. on my card overview, it charged me for the shoes, yet it had no description. Again, like i said, i never got any emails from them. i called them up and then they said oh yeah your shoes are supposed to be delivered on wednesday. its now tuesday october 4th. and i am hoping i will get them tomorrow. overall, it was ok."

"DO NOT SHOP THIS ONLINE RETAILER! I can't speak on how their brick and mortar stores work but the customer service at the Finshline.com SUCKS DONKEY!

I ordered a Nike GPS watch on 8/29 and as of 9/21 I have no idea when I will get it. FinishLine.com says 1 to 8 days but since that has seemed to be the story for the past three and half weeks, I doubt it's true.

Don't order from the FinishLine.com unless you plan to wait and wait and wait for your order. And calling them will only frustrate you. I will not buy from them ever again. Shame on me for not reading reviews before the order.

UPDATE 9/25/11: On 9/21/11 I spoke to customer service manager and she said she would take care of reshipping the watch to me (UPS claims to have left it at my garage which is nearly impossible since someone was home at the time and the garage is always closed especially during the biggest flooding rains of the decade). I have yet to get an updated e-mail or anything. It is quickly approaching a month since I placed the order and I am very disappointed. I WILL NEVER SHOP THE FINISHLINE AGAIN. You should do the same.

Finish Line is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Finish Line is not a merchant member
Finish Line does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!