Stores > Favor Warehouse

• Fax: 914-514-3550

Product & services pricing Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

2016-05-24

Favor Warehouse Rip Off

"Edit: I decided to update this to say that Favor Warehouse finally responded today, and is fixing some of the error by refunding the $8.95 processing fee and sending my missing 3 coaster sets. This is good, and I really appreciate it. However I stand by that what happened shouldn't have, and I can't help but wonder if they're only responding now because of my reviews. As a customer, I just feel I should get what I pay for.

What happened:

A couple months ago I started shopping around for favors to hand out at my wedding coming up on June 4th. We decided on coasters, so I shopped around and found Favor Warehouse. They seemed to have the best options for our budget; something we liked, that fit within the style of our wedding, wasn't discontinued or sold out, and was inexpensive. I thought about it for a while, because even though Favor Warehouse seemed to have the best option, it was only available in one color combination- white and brown. Our wedding colors are Indigo and Burgundy and the brown just wasn't very wedding like. Eventually I decided to order anyway.

I ordered 75 sets of four coasters each. I was appalled to see the shipping cost of $17.99 when the product was supposedly coming from NY, and was made of felt so it's really light weight. However, there was no Sales tax, so that helped soften the blow. I even paid an additional $8.95 for "rush" 2 day processing on my order.

After 2 days however, I still hadn't received any sort of shipping notice from Favor Warehouse, no tracking number, no confirmation, nothing. So I emailed them. A day later I got a response saying that the coasters I ordered would be back in stock, in 2 more days, and shipped the following day, and then I would receive a tracking number.

I was angry, because when I ordered the items they were not listed as out of stock, that meant that my items would arrive later than I hoped, I still didn't have an estimated arrival date at all, and I had paid for 2 day processing and would be getting my order processed in 6 instead. I tried to call Favor Warehouse at the phone number they supplied in their automated 'we got your order' email, but the first 4 times I called my call was instantly disconnected. Then finally I got an answering machine after only 1 ring. The answering machine proceeded to tell me that all their customer service people are busy helping others, that most questions can be solved by looking at their website, to email them, and not to leave a message.

So after getting hung up on my the answering machine twice, I emailed them, asking for my $8.95 rush processing fee back. After 3 days, I still haven't been responded to.

When they finally sent me my tracking number on the day the email said they would, I checked it. While waiting for my order, I checked every day. The company used Fed Ex, and the tracking was poorly executed- usually not updated at all, so for a while I had no idea when I to expect my coasters.

Finally, after a week of waiting, the coasters arrived today. The box was huge, but light. I opened it. To find another box, securely taped shut. So I opened that box, and it held even smaller boxes, 4 of them, also taped shut. Why didn't they just mail the medium sized box if it was the only thing containing coasters? I suspect that this is how they justify the expensive shipping cost. I opened up the 4 small boxes to find that each coaster set was in even more packaging- little clear plastic bags over the ribbon wrapped clear plastic boxes shown on their website. Not to mention, the coasters were BLACK and white rather than brown and white. I started taking tacky looking cellophane that had barcodes on them, off of each individual coaster set. I also took off the annoying 'for you' tags they had wrapped on there with some company name on the back. By the time I was halfway through removing the excess wrapping, I realized that each of the 4 small boxes was labeled with "18 PCS". I counted the coasters. They only sent me 72, when I had ordered and paid for 75.

I tried calling them again. Because now they've ripped me off in more than 1 way. I have 75 people invited to my wedding in 10 days and didn't get the 75 coaster sets I paid for.
I got the stupid answering machine again- in the middle of the day, on a Tuesday, after only one ring. I emailed them again, but I doubt that I'll be getting any response, since my prior emails about the rush processing fee have been ignored.

Do not buy from Favor Warehouse, they'll just take your money, waste your time, and ignore your complaints.

This review was modified by Sellesion on May 25 2016 12:52:50 PM

2015-10-14

"The absolute worst! I ordered customized champagne flutes months in advance. The order status showed processing but I still hadn't received the flutes a week before my wedding. I emailed the company and a woman named Maria responded 2 days later saying that sorry but the manufacturer never received the order and there wasn't enough time to get the flutes. They refunded money. I responded saying that there were manufacturers that could rush the order and even sent her the websites but that they would be more expensive (about 3X) but since it was their error they should pay the difference. Maria very rudely indicated that they don't have time to check on every order they place and that I should have contacted them earlier...making it my fault! I have seen other reviews stating similar experiences as mine on other sites. When asked for the name and contact of the owner or upper level manager she ignored me. I wish I would have checked the reviews carefully before using Favor Warehouse. I would never use or recommend this company to anyone. I am sure most of their orders go through with o problems but when they do have a problem they do not have any customer service to deal with it!"

2015-09-12

"Glasses were a hit. However we were missing 7 glasses. Thankfully we had enough. We have another wedding next year so we will be shopping here again. The family loved them."

2015-07-21

"I fell in love with the personalized sunglasses for our charity event. Emailed them to confirm they were in stock and easily placed the order. They confirmed that the product would arrive within 7 days. After 7 days I emailed and got a response the product was out of stock for at least another month. DO NOT waste your time or money with them unless you have at least 6 months to wait for the product! "

2015-07-08

"I found a great favor for my Husband's 80th Birthday party. Asked for expedited service and received it..favors are in the bag..so to speak.

Would use again.. good price, interesting materials and great service.

2015-07-08

"Fast shipping and exactly what I wanted!"

2015-07-08

"The glass jars were exactly what I expected & more. They were great party favors for guests and myself. "

2015-07-07

"My order was not delivered on time. They sent me e-mails informing me about the delay, but no one contacted me via telephone. I'm very upset right now. I just don't want the item anymore. "

2015-07-07

"I was very pleased with the wine charms that I ordered. They were sturdy , very attractive and an excellent price."

2015-07-06

"Everything came out perfect. I will be ordering more products for my wedding and recommending your company to my friends!!"

2015-07-06

"excellent service and products"

2015-07-03

"Once again, favor warehouse came through with very nice merchandise at reasonable prices. My mixed order of eighty pieces came within a week.

We look forward to distributing these favors to the guests at our fiftieth wedding anniversary. Look on "retail me not " for the current shipping discounts.

2015-07-03

"Very nicely packed when shipped. Shipping was on time. Favor makes a great presentation for the price. Would surely recommend Favor Warehouse and would definitely use them again"

2015-07-03

"My custom orders were delivered to my house within 5 Days.
The products I chose look great.

2015-07-03

"I was unaware that I had to stick the message on the sunglasses. I do not have a steady hand so some did not come out right."

Share Favor Warehouse's store rating

Favor Warehouse is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Favor Warehouse is not a merchant member
Favor Warehouse does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!