• EyeBuyDirect.co

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.92/10 3.92/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.83/10 3.83/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.37/10 3.37/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.38/10 3.38/10

"I would not recommend using this site. It reminds me very much of the saying "You get what you pay for." Sure the glasses I ordered were only $28 but they were very blurry and made me feel dizzy, even though I gave them all of the correct info for my prescription. Returning for a refund was a real headache. I'm talking months to get my money back. After going back and forth, on top of sending them copies of everything before I could get my refund. They had me send a copy of my prescription, my postal receipt, a copy of my credit card. All to get my money back for glasses that were wrong. I was also on the phone with at least 4 different customer service reps. Horrible experience and a complete waste of time!"

modified review This review was modified by demyan on February 03 2015 06:01:28 AM

"Dealing with eyebuydirect.com made me want to poke my eyes out. It's my own fault for trying to save some money. I placed my order right after my eye exam, so my prescription is current. The order process was easy enough and they seem to have a nice selection of frames. I placed my order and 2 weeks later They were in my mailbox. The fit of the frame was great...it would have helped if they weren't blurry though. Being that I ordered progressives, I moved them around and tilted my head but nothing but blurriness....even in the side without correction. How do you mess up on a clear lens with only reading correction at the bottom? So I call customer service. Their response you ask? "Send a picture of you wearing your glasses". Really? Uh no. 8 told the csr I'd like a refund so I can get glasses at place where I can try them on and not have to deal with snail mail. At which point I was told my refund would be deducted for the 5.95 shipping return and 10.00 restocking. What? Why am I paying for their bad quality? Well, because it's clearly stated on the website. It's also clearly stated that the glasses are supposed to be of good quality, shouldn't they be held to that too? So after paying 77 and some change and being told I'd only get back 55 (not sure about the csr's math skills on that either), I will be buying my glasses the good old fashion way thank you very much. Buyer beware, you get what you pay for! "

modified review This review was modified by jessicam922 on January 28 2015 05:48:19 PM

"Screwed up the shipping a so I haven't received the glasses yet, so we'll see. Price is good. "

"My first time ordering from EyeBuyDirect and the glasses turns out perfect for me, I guess I'm one of the few lucky ones base on the reviews here. I received the glasses 10 business days after ordering. The frame is nice & solid and prescription lens-work is perfect. I must say that my prescription is fairly simple with add but no astigmatism, I chose the premium lens option and total cost is a lot less than the pair I ordered from another online retailer, hint: CC. Very happy with my glasses from EBD, will buy from them again.
PS: Customer service was prompt, friendly & knowledgeable.

modified review This review was modified by dnsquare on January 07 2015 01:08:40 PM

"Went to order a pair of glasses online, I realized I entered my old prescription number so I called immediately, but the money was still taken from my account. I got an email about my cancellation but money was never refunded. Called a two weeks later and said "oh i'm very sorry they cancelled the order but forgot to refund the money". At that point I asked for the glasses just to be sent to me. A week later glasses said it was sent out with a tracking number that is not valid. Since the day I ordered until now its been 29 days no glasses or a refund. I wouldn't recommend this site & i'm very unhappy about the way it was handled."

modified review This review was modified by JohnsonST on January 02 2015 10:34:14 AM

"The coating on my lenses started wearing off after a couple months (despite using only approved cleaner). The "free" replacement cost around $10 ($6 to them plus cost to ship old glasses back), but I was told I would have the new set in 2 weeks after I sent the money and a tracking# for the glasses. I was surprised they did not offer to cross ship (especially since I am paying for the shipping) but whatever. After 2 weeks passed I asked why I didn't receive the new pair yet... I was told it would take another 2 weeks! Not worth the minimal cost savings and they have lost me as a customer."

modified review This review was modified by siccc on December 16 2014 03:30:11 AM

"The frames on the new glasses that I waited an age (3.5 weeks vs. a hour at a local chain) for from Eye Direct, that I have only had for a few weeks have broken (soder in the frames- made unusable). This is the evening before I go in for 5:30 am surgery into the hospital, where I have to sign a lot of legal forms regarding consent and other surgical procedures, that I will now not be able to read. These were very cheaply made frames, I was concerned when I received them, but having gone almost a month with a store bought set of readers that gave me such bad headaches I did not want to return them and be out of "sight: for another month or so waiting for a replacement from EyeBuy Direct. Frames should not break just from taking them off your face! It would be one thing if I sat on them or ran over them with the vacuum. This couldn't have come at a worst time. No one is manning their phones at this time so I can't even talk to anyone until I am out of the hospital."

"ABYSMAL service. I ordered some frames in the beginning of October, and four weeks later, after having been charged for the frames, still had not received them. I emailed them and learned that the frames I ordered weren't in stock. Frustrated with their lack of communication, I asked for my money back. They refused, saying they had no record of the transaction and that if I wanted a refund, I'd have to send them my bank statement with the charge on it. I did so, with the charge circled. They still refused to refund me my money. Only after writing a vitriolic email and threatening with a very unpleasant call did they concede and refund me my money.

I really don't know how these folks manage to stay in business.

modified review This review was modified by snarr on December 02 2014 12:52:23 PM

"Just Awful! #1 I waited almost 30 business days for my order, then to top it off the PD was so wrong on both sets, I was looking thru so much prism I almost threw up! #2 when I called to get a refund, they said I had to send them the tracking number, which was fine except I waited another 20 business days and thought, "how come my refund has not come thru?" so I called them and they supposedly sent an email requesting my RX... I never got it, nobody spoke english and they kept apologizing so I said I wanted the full amount after I emailed them the original Rx (written in + cylinder) she said , "so sorry to inform you but you put the wrong sphere and cylinder in, I asked if she was an optician she said, "No, but I can read it" I told her I was an ABOC in the Air Force for 100 years and we make specs on the back surface (-) cyl, not the front, (+) cyl and she apologized again and said, "I will refund the full amount except the 5.95 shipping", I never get upset at people, but I asked her if she would be willing to pay for a mistake? She was very quiet for a second then said she would refund the whole amount. With the first phone call the nonenglish speaking gal said I would be refunded the whole amout and "put it in my notes". You def get what you pay for. #4 They lie when they say they use premium lenses, and 100% satisfaction only if you raise the roof do you get it. "

"I am not the type of person to go out of my way to review a business, but WOW!!! This is the second pair of glasses that I have purchased from this company, and both times, I have been extremely satisfied. The frames are good quality, the lenses are spot-on, and the price was under $20 (with shipping!) My only complaint was the length of time it took to receive my glasses, but that wasn't a big deal to me."

modified review This review was modified by cantbsatisfied3 on November 26 2014 07:53:36 AM

"Ordered two frames, one feels like dime store quality plastic, the other was defective. They will let me return the defective ones for exchange, but not for return.

By the way, not possible to leave negative feedback on their website... so all the positive ratings you see there are selected by them.

modified review This review was modified by ChickweedATL on November 14 2014 08:46:34 AM

"It's been a month and still have not received my glasses. The website shows they have been in quality check since 10/14..seriously. After four attempts at contacting them I finally receive the response that they were mailed yesterday. The tracking # they gave me does not even exist with the postal service. This place is a joke! I'll just chalk it up to a loss and go back to marvel optics, they are cheap and fast!!"

modified review This review was modified by LisaRich on November 07 2014 01:15:16 PM

"I recently ordered from EYEBUYDIRECT.COM. I was very wary of ordering glasses online, however, having previously worked in the optical business, I realized there is not much room for error, RX wise, due to state laws. I am also aware of the tremendous mark-up of the product. TREMENDOUS. So, even for the price the charge, they are still making good money. The only question would be the quality of the work for the cost of the eye wear. You get what you pay for, right? Well, stunned, just stunned at the quality. NOT ONE SCRATCH on the lenses, NOT ONE defect in the frame, and believe me, I looked hard. I am ordering a second pair today. The only down side is the time it takes to get them. About 2 1/2 weeks. Well worth the wait, though. "

modified review This review was modified by llllllllman on November 04 2014 06:26:01 AM

"Ordered glasses that they shipped to the wrong address when I called them they blamed me for the address mix up (as if I don't know my own address) they then told me they would have to charge me extra to re ship the glasses. 33 days later they still don't know where my glasses are and are even more adamant that this is all my fault....so I have asked them to cancel my order and refund my money and they let me know that that should take about 5 days to refund my credit card. ....do yourself a favor and steer clear of this company....When an order goes good its easy for a company to shine ..but a truly great company will shine when there are problems and eyebuy direct is not a good company "

modified review This review was modified by peter9481 on October 31 2014 07:30:02 PM

"Very upset with their customer service. After not receiving my glasses for 25 days I get a hold of them and it's on hold because there was a problem with the frames. They claim they emailed me which I never got. I have surgery on my eye in 6 days. I gave them a month to get me my glasses. The eye that I'm not having surgery on has very blurry vision but I see fine with both eyes working together so I needed these to be able to see for a few days when my good eye is covered. When I told them about this, they were unwilling to expedite and get me a new pair before my surgery despite their mistake. I guess that's why they are so cheap, you can't trust them."

modified review This review was modified by bigcdogg21 on October 28 2014 08:17:43 AM

Share EyeBuyDirect.com's store rating

EyeBuyDirect.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

EyeBuyDirect.com is not a merchant member
EyeBuyDirect.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!