• EyeBuyDirect.co

Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.19/10 5.19/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.78/10 4.78/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.42/10 4.42/10

2015-03-15

"I am not satisfied. Long process time for glasses and they do not honor their return policy. The frames are not well represented in the photos and I want to return them. Their website is ridiculous as you must call them for a return authorization and the person on the other end clearly tells you that a return authorization "email" will be sent to you. Well they bombard my email with advertisement but no return authorization email. Shame on me for trusting them, hopefully you will not make the same mistake."

This review was modified by TooMany_6 on March 15 2015 04:07:14 PM

2015-03-04

"I think that having a than perfect experience considering the price is a small exception that rational people understand. You want more than just a cheap pair of glasses go pay hundreds of dollars at an office. They will cater to your every need as they make a fortune off of you! Other than shipping delays and a broken $9 pair they have been great. But for $9 I didn't expect much. Use logic here people. You're not going to find get a 5 star hotel for $50 nor a jaguar for the cost of a used dodge neon."

This review was modified by livelyboi on March 04 2015 10:26:14 PM

2015-03-04

"Amazing, Worth the wait, Perfect eye glasses, 1/5 the local cost."

2015-03-03

"What a scam!! They have tried to tell me for the past 5 days my glasses shipped but have been sending a fake tracking number and telling me the item won't show up in usps tracking until it's at my post office. Where are these people from? They think no one ships anything or has ever used tracking before? They don't reply to emails for at least 3 days. I have filed a claim with PayPal for a refund. How crappy to mess with people who are waiting to be able to SEE! "

This review was modified by Jlzombie on March 03 2015 08:28:04 PM

2015-03-01

"Glasses done wrong are worth NOTHING!
That makes customer costs extremely EXPENSIVE!

Twelve years ago we got frustrated, fed up and stopped buying at EyeBuyDirect. After trying them again recently it became obvious how inept they continue to be.

This time they "Actually Changed" my prescription making the +add values the same for both eyes. Mine are not. Their site prompted me saying it was unusual but I confirmed the different values. I triple checked and then triple checked again. More than a month later I received my useless glasses. It was with their version of my prescription. I complained and was accused of entering it incorrectly! A Blame the victim version of customer service!

Their return guarantee is so cash-grab ridiculous!
After paying the shipping to them, adding their bifocal restocking fees and shipping back to me, it adds up to the same $50 Canadian that I already paid out in the first place.

This scheme literally Doubles the original price of the glasses. Screwing up again will Triple what customers must pay! Think about that while thinking how wonderful those prices appear to be.
Read the small print Guarantee and you will actually see it is a "Give Up and Cut Your Losses!" option.

There is profit in not doing it right the first time! It is obvious why customer service and quality control is non-existent.

Now I am debating whether to open a paypal dispute to get my "Full" refund or pay out more cash to get my left eye lens rebuilt locally.

It's just as bad maybe worse than it was twelve years ago! Do not let those low prices fool you.

Glasses done wrong are worth NOTHING!

Doing it Wrong is what Eyebuydirect continues to be very good at!"

This review was modified by Larry-V on March 01 2015 01:03:25 AM

2015-02-28

"I really don't know where to start with this site. I mean, should I begin with the fact they sent these insulting little emails every 3 days to inform me they were "picking my frames", "cutting my lenses", "doing a 7 process quality test" (that took 5 days) or maybe the fact that it takes 2-3 days for a response from their customer service. I ordered my prescription glasses on the 11th of Feb, 2015. On the 26th, I finally received an email stating they had shipped my glasses. Needless to say I was very happy to finally have them sent after sending multiple emails to the site only to have them reply with "They'll be shipped next week" (3 weeks after the order was placed). The site tells you that you will have your glasses 7-14 days AFTER placing the order. It has certainly been more than 14 days. Now, after checking the tracking number multiple times and getting "NUMBER NOT FOUND" from usps, I almost gave up. But today I decided to check it again, and was told that they hadn't even shipped it yet.....They just sent the postal office the information....Which means my glasses still are nowhere close to being on their way to me. This is a ridiculous site, and so help me if they got my prescription wrong, or if the glasses are horrible quality, I will be contacting the CEO. I have sent them multiple emails trying to figure out what's going on with my order, and I have been ignored. I am highly disappointed with the customer service, the "first class shipping that only takes 3-5 days" and the "7-14 day package received guarantee". Unfortunately I have no clue as to the quality of the glasses to offer, but I figured my experience with just trying to get them shipped was enough to make others wary. DON'T BE LIKE ME AND IGNORE THE BAD REVIEWS. THEY'RE THERE FOR A REASON!!!"

This review was modified by brabern0820 on February 28 2015 08:05:25 PM

2015-02-21

"Please read this for your sanity. A TERRIBLE experience. 7 weeks of delays and I get 2 pairs of glasses that are so far off I could not read the E at the top of the eye chart. I do not know how these "people" stay in business. Yeah the price is great but if you wait nearly 2 months for "quality assurance" delays only to get glasses that are so far off you have to laugh because you would assume you are on a hidden camera TV show due to the comedy of errors this so called business is running. So yeah save some money and get glasses for a friend or a stranger because the glasses you order will not be yours. The shipping label will have your name on the box but trust me your better off going to Goodwill trying on glasses and picking the worst focusing set, take those home and say wow now that was a good deal. UNBELIEVABLE that this place is in business! Shameful!! WTF??? "

This review was modified by ron542 on February 21 2015 08:57:40 PM

2015-02-12

"I have been using eyebuydirect for a few years and ordered over 10 through the years. I have never had any problems. You can't beat the prices. One time a fragile pair broke shortly after receiving them. I received a replacement pair with ease. I have referred many people to this site (and the bonus of getting money for doing that is great). I will continue to buy from them. One can never have too many pairs of glasses to accessorize with at their prices. "

This review was modified by deelg on February 12 2015 11:30:57 AM

2015-02-04

"I'm on my 3rd pair of glasses from this company. People will complain about the quality, customer service, or time it takes to receive the product – all of which are true. But, you can't really COMPLAIN about it. You don't buy a Ford Taurus and complain that it doesn't drive like a Ferrari do you? It's just what happens when you're trying to be cost effective. I'm satisfied with what I get for a mere 50 bucks. The quality of my first pair I was a bit unsatisfied with, the 2nd pair I was very satisfied, and the 3rd pair I'm waiting to arrive. I've only contacted their customer service once for a problem, and I was pleasantly surprised by their hospitality and efficiency to resolve the problem. Will buy from again! "

2015-02-03

"I would not recommend using this site. It reminds me very much of the saying "You get what you pay for." Sure the glasses I ordered were only $28 but they were very blurry and made me feel dizzy, even though I gave them all of the correct info for my prescription. Returning for a refund was a real headache. I'm talking months to get my money back. After going back and forth, on top of sending them copies of everything before I could get my refund. They had me send a copy of my prescription, my postal receipt, a copy of my credit card. All to get my money back for glasses that were wrong. I was also on the phone with at least 4 different customer service reps. Horrible experience and a complete waste of time!"

This review was modified by demyan on February 03 2015 06:01:28 AM

2015-01-28

"Dealing with eyebuydirect.com made me want to poke my eyes out. It's my own fault for trying to save some money. I placed my order right after my eye exam, so my prescription is current. The order process was easy enough and they seem to have a nice selection of frames. I placed my order and 2 weeks later They were in my mailbox. The fit of the frame was great...it would have helped if they weren't blurry though. Being that I ordered progressives, I moved them around and tilted my head but nothing but blurriness....even in the side without correction. How do you mess up on a clear lens with only reading correction at the bottom? So I call customer service. Their response you ask? "Send a picture of you wearing your glasses". Really? Uh no. 8 told the csr I'd like a refund so I can get glasses at place where I can try them on and not have to deal with snail mail. At which point I was told my refund would be deducted for the 5.95 shipping return and 10.00 restocking. What? Why am I paying for their bad quality? Well, because it's clearly stated on the website. It's also clearly stated that the glasses are supposed to be of good quality, shouldn't they be held to that too? So after paying 77 and some change and being told I'd only get back 55 (not sure about the csr's math skills on that either), I will be buying my glasses the good old fashion way thank you very much. Buyer beware, you get what you pay for! "

This review was modified by jessicam922 on January 28 2015 05:48:19 PM

2015-01-17

"Screwed up the shipping a so I haven't received the glasses yet, so we'll see. Price is good. "

2015-01-07

"My first time ordering from EyeBuyDirect and the glasses turns out perfect for me, I guess I'm one of the few lucky ones base on the reviews here. I received the glasses 10 business days after ordering. The frame is nice & solid and prescription lens-work is perfect. I must say that my prescription is fairly simple with add but no astigmatism, I chose the premium lens option and total cost is a lot less than the pair I ordered from another online retailer, hint: CC. Very happy with my glasses from EBD, will buy from them again.
PS: Customer service was prompt, friendly & knowledgeable."

This review was modified by dnsquare on January 07 2015 01:08:40 PM

2015-01-02

"Went to order a pair of glasses online, I realized I entered my old prescription number so I called immediately, but the money was still taken from my account. I got an email about my cancellation but money was never refunded. Called a two weeks later and said "oh i'm very sorry they cancelled the order but forgot to refund the money". At that point I asked for the glasses just to be sent to me. A week later glasses said it was sent out with a tracking number that is not valid. Since the day I ordered until now its been 29 days no glasses or a refund. I wouldn't recommend this site & i'm very unhappy about the way it was handled."

This review was modified by JohnsonST on January 02 2015 10:34:14 AM

2014-12-16

"The coating on my lenses started wearing off after a couple months (despite using only approved cleaner). The "free" replacement cost around $10 ($6 to them plus cost to ship old glasses back), but I was told I would have the new set in 2 weeks after I sent the money and a tracking# for the glasses. I was surprised they did not offer to cross ship (especially since I am paying for the shipping) but whatever. After 2 weeks passed I asked why I didn't receive the new pair yet... I was told it would take another 2 weeks! Not worth the minimal cost savings and they have lost me as a customer."

This review was modified by siccc on December 16 2014 03:30:11 AM

Share EyeBuyDirect.com's store rating

EyeBuyDirect.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

EyeBuyDirect.com is not a merchant member
EyeBuyDirect.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!