Product & services pricing Rating 8.57/10 8.57/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.93/10 3.93/10

" At first blush they seem a nice place to buy eyeglasses. They prices seem good and their 7 to 14 day turn-around seems a reasonable time to wait for a good deal. Ha! Not so fast! The 7 to 14 day time frame is what they say is their "average" time to have the glasses in your hands. I ordered on 3/31/13 my glasses didn't ship until 4/22/13! That's 16 working days to even get them in the mail. Snail mail I might add. So who can say when or indeed if they will arrive at all. The web site has an update section for your order. My order was in fitting and quality check for 3 days. That seems a bit excessive. I think next time I will weigh the options of getting them done in a day and spending the extra $100 or so and waiting for a month to get new glasses.

UPDATE: My glasses finally arrived on 4/24/13, a full 18 working days after my order date. Only 4 days late. I guess that’s not too bad. HOWEVER: I guess after two days in “quality check”, which is what the web site status was of my order, the glasses arrived loose on one side. Now this is not just a loose screw but a loose locking nut and nut. Maybe they should have left them in “quality check” another day? Well “you pay your money and you takes your chances” the old man used to say, I guess he knew about eyebuydirect.

modified review This review was modified by maddmarc on April 25 2013 02:45:44 PM

"I purchased a pair of eye glasses from here on Thursday, March 28th and received them in my mailbox on Saturday, April 6th. Extremely fast shipping. I bought the "malmo" pair for around $30 and got 25% color grey tint and upgraded the lenses to polycarbonate for my astigmatism. The overall glasses are amazing. For the price I will buy from them all the time. 10/10 for look, 8/10 for material. I give this a total of 9/10 but that's very good considering my high standards on everything. "

"On March 19th 2013 I ordered glasses from EyebuyDirect. I have a fairly simple prescription with a slight astigmatism. After I ordered the glasses I looked up reviews from this sight (I know that was done in the reverse order...oops) and became kind of nervous. I told my wife that worst case scenario is I throw away the glasses when they get in and the $30 they cost me.

I got my glasses today which is April 1st. Just under 2 weeks. I have to say the lenses are very nice. They actually seem more crisp than my $400 lensecrafters pair that I use every day. The frames are stylish, but you can tell that they are definitely a lower quality than my more expensive pair. They look like they will likely break pretty easy. However, for $30 I could buy 13 pairs and be at the same price as my lensecrafters pair. Crazy!

Anyway, I wanted to add to the reviews because my experience with this company was very good. I suppose others have had bad experiences, but I will definitely buy from this sight (no pun intended...haha) again.

"I am very pleased with my purchase! After reading the reviews out here, wasn't sure what to expect. I ordered 3 simple and very cheap sets of glasses as a test. I received 3 pairs of prescription glasses, today (right on time) and the view is incredible. I just placed another order. Thank you Eyebuy Direct for excellent service!"

"I could not be happier! I got two great pairs of glasses for my light prescription for about $17 after shipping! My optician was charging over $230 for a single pair of glasses (designer, but nearly identical look).

*There was a minor issue applying a coupon, which is not the most intuitive to do on their site, and customer service helped me take care of it.

"well, what can i say... they sell cheap glasses! if you are looking for the best glasses on the planet, you will surely give a poor review here. you get exactly what you pay for... most glasses are expensive, but not here. i paid like $45 for a pair and they lasted over a year. they are still good now, but i finally have vision insurance and i upgraded to a much better pair of Ray Bans. people angry b/c they are not the best quality only fool themselves when they bought from eyebuydirect with such over-inflated expectations. i would have to say i am very satisfied with my cheaper than walmart glasses. i typically do not write reviews for stuff but the people here who are trying to say this store is a 1 star want everything for nothing it seems."

"I purchased glasses at a great price before reading these reviews, after which I was a little worried, however I received my glasses and love them!!!! I got them in a week and the lenses were perfect and the frames were solid! They don't feel or look as cheap as they cost!! Going to a store I would have had to pay at least $150 for what I got for $42 (after shipping) I am very pleased with the glasses and will definitely be using eyebuydirect.com for my next pair! Swear on my life this review is legit!!"

"When I was referred to EyeBuyDirect for the chance of scoring a pair of glasses for $6.95, my first thought was somewhere between 'are you nuts?' and 'this must be too good to be true'. Well, instead of supporting Luxxotica (look them up) I took a shot and went with the $45 pair. So far, so good.

It's difficult choosing a style (and making sure the measurements are perfect) but the Eye Try function was, while neat, just ok. One of the glasses I was interested in showed up on my face as the wrong color. So that was a little disappointing. But others worked out fairly well. It would be nice to have some magnification control so I could get a closer view of the glasses on my face, but overall it was still helpful.

As for the glasses ..so far, no problems. I too was nervous after deciding on EyeBuyDirect based on the reviews here but they arrived 9 days after my order and although I had to make a couple minor frame adjustments (which I expected) the lens came out nice and I can see perfectly. The frames are fine, no worse than a $350 pair I purchased years ago that deteriorated only after a year owned. The measurements that I was expecting worked out and hopefully, these will last some time.

Finally, EyeBuyDirect's order alert system was consistent at providing me updates on the progress and when these would ship. The glasses arrived in a relatively sturdy small box (almost no bigger than the glasses case) with a flimsy case and a wash cloth. So unless these things fall apart in six months, I can honestly say that I would use these guys again...

modified review This review was modified by slingerofonions on January 23 2013 03:36:09 PM

"I know there are a ton of negative reviews on this website about eyebuydirect.com, but I honestly had a decent experience purchasing from them. I admit, I did NOT read any reviews before I bought my eyeglasses, so I was really scared when I started reading the comments that people left. Yes, I agree that it does take a while to get your glasses in the mail (It took 12 days for me), but you should expect that when it specifically states that on their website. I wouldn't buy my very first pair of glasses from here, so then you are blind for 2 weeks while you wait for them to be made for you; it's more of a website for EXTRA pairs that you want around the house.

My prescription is great in my new glasses, and they don't give me a headache or not fit correctly like some people stated. I have a pretty simple prescription (astigmatism) so that might be why. They look exactly like they do on the website, and seem very sturdy. The case it comes in is a little flimsy, but the cleaning cloth is nice and soft. It arrived in my mailbox in a small heavy duty box, which is why I don't understand why someone said their box was crushed.

Overall, I would order from them again. It's unfortunate that people have had such problems with their customer service, because if you are okay with waiting for the 2 weeks to get your glasses, and really take the time to pick out the pair that will work for you, the glasses come out to be a great deal.

"GREAT deals, GREAT glasses! VERY happy with my purchase.

I took a lot of time selecting my frames and made sure the measurements were just right by comparing the measurements of my old glasses with the measurements eyebuydirect provides online (that's right, get out your ruler).
However, I entered in the prescription for my contacts instead of glasses - beware of this. They are not the same. Even so, my glasses work just fine.
I received helpful email updates on the state of my glasses and when they were finished making them, my glasses arrived in 2-3 days (10 days total). They were not broken and arrived in a hard case with a cleaning cloth.
They look AMAZING - I would never be able to find these at my optometrist's office. Only $30 plus shipping (look for coupon codes online).

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS WEBSITE - CAN'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS.

"I was leery after reading mixed reviews but for the price we decided to give them a chance.
Just want give my 2 cents. I had great luck with this company. My eyeglass Prescription and my wife's are pretty simple, distance only.
I placed the order on the 6th for 5 pair of glasses with discount for $65 shipped. One of these pairs were sunglasses $35.

Status Updates:
7th
We are working on your lenses. This is the stage in which our optometric team cuts the lens to fit the frame and the prescription. Each lens has to be treated with utmost precision to fit each individual prescription and frame preference.
8th
I called to see if I could talk to a live person, I did and she said looks like your order will ship soon. It takes 2-3 days once shipped.
9th
We have completed work on your lens and will fit it in the frame soon. This may take a day or two since we might have to make slight adjustments to the lens. We don't want anything but a perfect fit to come out of our lab!
10th
I received a tracking number shipping from Cali
Today is the 12th and my glasses arrived here in S. Atlanta

Review: My prescription and my wifes is spot on. I read some reviews on the quality. Are my glasses worth $6.95 + $1 (cost divided by the pairs + discount) for shipping ABSOLUTELY. Are they of the quality of my $300 + Oakleys? not even close, but I knew this going in. I have a number of cars and I bought a few pair to try. I plan to buy more now that I know they can get the prescription correct.

If you keep things in perspective as far as quality and comparing apples to apples then you will happy.

Kevin

"I recently joined the many for the need to wear eyeglasses for distance. After spending hundreds of dollars at the eyeglass shop, I hoped there was a better way. I didn't want to have just one pair of glasses for work, home and sports. I was pleasantly surprised at all the choices of size, color and styles that EyeBuyDirect gave me. And who could argue with the price! I punched in my RX, Got a discount off my first order on 2 styles, and received progress reports via email on the status of my order. My friends and family love my 2 new looks! What a great way to buy eyeglasses! Thanks EBD!"

"Don't waste your money with this overseas outfit. I could not see through the glasses they sent, even though I am wering the exact prescription I sent them. Sure I could return them, but they charged me $10 "restocking fee" so with return shipping (also paid by me) I am out $15 for THEIR incompetence. When I emailed to complain about the restocking fee, they just stonewalled me with "policy" garbage. Customer service is NOT their policy, making money from their mistakes is. "

modified review This review was modified by realsorry on December 14 2012 10:14:52 AM

"The only negative thing i can say was it took some extra time to receive them as I bought them in the 2 frames for one deal.

I received communications promtly. I was able to have them charge them to my credit card via phone because paypal was such a screw up.

For under $100, I am very pleased.

"I truly believe that there are WAY too many people that have to bitch about EVERYTHING!
I personally LOVE eyebuydirect!!! I order glasses ALL the time for myself and my son. I have had to order glasses a few times in one month cuz you know kids...lol! I have had a few problems with my own and ALWAYS have recieved GREAT customer service anytime I have had to return a pair.
DON'T listen to everything you read! try it out you will fall in love with your $50.00 pair of glasses! I know I will keep using them.

EyeBuyDirect.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

EyeBuyDirect.com is not a merchant member
EyeBuyDirect.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!