EMTC Reviews - page 4 - emtcompany.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Write a review »
Rating 6.50/10 638 reviews

EMTC is not a merchant member
EMTC does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"Great prices and excellent product. No shipping charges to Canada as advertised. However, the website can be misleading if shipping to Canada. I expected to receive the product in 24 hours, but the claim is that they ship within 24 hours (which it true). Delays crossing the border can't be controlled so products actually take 10-15 days to arrive in Canada. This is not an EMTC issue though. I highly recommend buying products from EMTC"

"Very pleased. Items ordered were received in two days, and packaged safely so there was no damage. Received a prompt message from EMTC the item has shipped, and they provided the tracking number."

"EMTC is good but USPS sucks"

"Have ordered twice from EMTC and on both occasions shipment has been made on same day basis. Both shipments received in good order. Recommended

J. O'Hanlon
Toronto

"thank you very much this is the 2nd time i bought from you and fast shipping best servive any one could get price very good and just thank you very much and will buy again thank you janice butler"

"EMTC is extremely helpful and cooperative!! I would absolutely buy again from this company!!! Very satisfied!!"

"Very satisfied with their response and service. It took only 7 days from the time the order was placed till it was in my mailbox. Thats from Californ ia to Ontario Canada. The item was exactly as represented. "

"Ordered a replacement battery for camcorder
Came quickly
Shipping included
Price fair
Battery works fine.

LarryScottB's Avatar
New York Metro
Rating 4/102/5

"EMTC sells accessories for electronics, including TV remote controls, cell phone chargers, cables, etc. This review is based on my purchase of an OEM replacement remote control for a TV.

EMTC's website indicates that they carry remotes for almost every TV on the market. While almost everyone sells "universal" remotes, EMTC seems to specialize in original equipment from the manufacturer (OEM) and their prices are very competitive.

THAT BEING SAID, I was happy to order a "Genuine Original Element S0702142 Remote" since I wanted the OEM device which provided functions very specific to the TV that are not available in an generic or universal remotes. The website indicated that the item was in stock.

A week or so later I received a generic, universal remote, with no explanation of why the OEM item was not sent. They simply made the substitution without asking my permission. Additionally, the cheap, generic remote they sent is available in my local pharmacy for half the price I paid EMTC.

A very negative aspect of EMTC's online ordering is that there is no provision for checking the details of your order. Additionally, their order status email, although timely, do not identify any details of your order. It's virtually impossible to see what item(s) you ordered after the fact.

Using their "30-day, no-questions-asked" return policy, I returned the unwanted item and was credited for it, but my return postage was out-of-pocket and not credited.

The unauthorized substitution, the lack of order details anywhere, and the failure to refund my postage are the basis for my rating.

I will not be returning as a customer to EMTC.com anytime soon. Caveat emptor.

************** IMPORTANT NOTICE ***********************
emtc solicits positive reviews at resellerratings.com with their orders. Additionally, an extremely large proportion of the five-star reviews of emtc in this forum are from submitters who provided only that review and no others. I suggest that you treat this circumstance with suspicion and give more credence to those reviewers who have reviewed several different vendors.
*********************************************************

modified review This review was modified by LarryScottB on May 03 2012 10:35:52 AM

"they did not send the item as I purchased.
I ordered Energizer cordless phone batteries and they shipped generic ones. VERY DISAPPOINTED!

"Excellent prices, very quick delivery, free shipping, what more could one ask for. Secure PayPal payment. No problems what so ever. Thank you, Wayne"

modified review This review was modified by wpleasant on April 30 2012 04:40:05 PM

"Ordered a cable, they sent the wrong unit.
Emailed them several times and received the same form response every time;
"We offer 30 days money back for any reason. If you're unable to use the product then please send it back to the following address for a full refund."
They did not address any of my questions.
So I'm supposed to pay to ship back their mistake?
Poor customer service, to say the least.
Had to open Paypal dispute.

"Satisfied with warranty and the transaction.Very good service."

"Very good performance - again & again. Thank you.

And as Arnold said... "I'll be Back."

-Scott :)

"Received the item (elec. remote control) in good time and in good order. I thought that the unit was supposed to be new, but was used; not sure if I recall properly however. The item works perfectly thus far and cleared up the problem with the Sony HDC-C900 Home Theatre System. The system was stuck in Repeat mode and intermittently wouldn't read the DVDs. Removed the Repeat mode with the remote and system works perfectly and sounds jammin'."