• Address: DrillSpot.com5603 Arapahoe Ave, Suite 6Boulder, CO
    • Phone: 720-204-3660
    • Customer Support: 720-204-3660
    • Business Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm MST Mon-Fri
    • Fax: 720-249-2973

"Great service, correct part, arrived on time. Thanks"

"I love DrillSpot as their customer service and shipping is beyond great. Most of the time my shipping is upgraded to "Next Day," at no extra charge. Their products are priced very competitively and they offer a wide range of choices. Even when their products isn't the least expensive, their other attributes always make it the better buy!"

"I decided to put together my emergency box for when the lights go out due to thunderstorms, hurricanes and other disasters. Since I have been in my house for 8 years we have had two horrible hurricanes pass over us. That's unusual because we live inland near Richmond, VA. It gets very, very hot in a two-story house when you have no power, which means no circulating air for up to a week or more. I had purchased one of these fans several years ago at a local Walmart. By the time I went looking for these fans I couldn't find any so I decided to search the internet. DrillSpot offered the best price and that was important to me. The deal was so good that I got an extra one (I was originally orderly two since there are three in the family) in case my original one dies out sometime. The process of ordering was easy and the fans arrived much faster than I thought! Great job DrillSpot. I will use you again if the need arrives."

modified review This review was modified by got2bemoi on August 08 2012 08:09:26 PM

"Exact replacement time clock motor makes DIY job so easy. The price is less than half the price of the most expensive Internet equivalent."

"Received order very rapidly. The pool cover pump appears to be working excellent at this early time."

"Your web page makes looking up items very easy, placing orders very easy, notification of material shipment very prompt. Customer has received the Fans that we purchased and are very happy. You make life for a inside sales rep very, very easy. Thank you!!"

"The good news is the price was lower than other places, delivery time was excellent, and the parcel was double boxed and arrived in apparent good shape.

The bad news is that the quality control on the manufacturing of this fan is very bad. The fan blade was badly out of balance and the tracking was off on one blade. Also, the fan did not coast very long after turning it off, indicating the bearings were binding. I was going to send it back but the freight charges would eat up half of what I paid for it so I decided to fix it myself.

I opened the fan cage, took off the fan, took out the rotor, re-mounted the blade and, while supporting the sealed bearings on my counter top, I statically balanced the blade. It took two ½” holes and additional grinding into the fan hub to balance the fan. I remounted the rotor carefully and was able to eliminate the binding of the bearings. The fan now runs with very little vibration.

When I was putting the cage back together, I noticed places that were missed by the powder coating. Also, the cage halves were warped, probably from welding, making it hard to get the screws to line up. They couldn’t even center the front label correctly.

The fan is a little more noisy than the average high velocity fan and it makes a slight resonant howl on low setting. Also, there is little difference between the speeds. It does put out pretty good air flow with very good efficiency (150 watts at unity PF).

Besides this 18" Air King, I have (2) of the 12" Air King fans and they both worked great right out of the box. I cannot recommend this 18" model.

"Great!!! super fast shipping!!"

Homer, Alaska

"Perfect parts, shipping and cost. Thanks.. I'm coming back!"

"Very fast delivery. Very competitive pricing"

"Not satisfied with service. After inquiring with a customer support agent on the DrillSpot website about why my package had not shipped after an extended period of time, I was told the package had been shipped but was "damaged" and "returned" to the company. This is not true as I never received the automatically generated shipping email in the first place. DrillSpot simply forgot to ship my order. After the third-party support conversation, my package was shipped. I don't mind a company making a mistake if they fix it, but do not lie about it! Will not be doing business again."

"Great choices and I found what I needed.
Great customer service for returns.

"Very quick shipping and the best prices I've found online will be ordering again soon!"

"Great company to buy from and work with. I placed my order it came in a few days after the order. I then had the fan running and it failed a few days after the installation. I contacted the company about the unit failing. The next day I had a replacement fan with no questions. I did read the reviews about service prior to my purchase and it made me feel comfortable with that order. I will purchase again from DrillSpot. "

"Easy, no hassle purchase. Wide range of material"

DrillSpot is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

DrillSpot is not a merchant member
DrillSpot does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!