• Rating 1.50/10 277 reviews

Deep Discount is not a merchant member
    Deep Discount does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Deep Discount contact information

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.94/10 0.94/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.94/10 0.94/10

"Placed my order on 1/1/12 and my credit card was charged on the same day but I never received my books. When I tried to follow up to find out the status of my order on 2/8/12, I was told that they NEVER had those book as they were discontinued. It's a WASTE OF TIME TO DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY."

"I figured someone had to leave a revciew of this site that didn't make them appear completely worthless.
On January 8th I created an account and ordered two CDs. On January 11th I got a notice that the items had been shipped saying they would be delivered between the 21st and 25th. On the 25th I received my oitems.
Seeing as how I didn't pay a penny for shipping and probably could have chosen and paid for a faster service, I really have nothing to complain about.

"Wow, you guys are lucky that THEY contacted you to tell you that your item was in stock. I placed an order for a textbook ($69 at my bookstore, $47 on this sham of a site) on January 11. I read the horrible reviews of the site right after I placed the order, but I thought it wouldn't happen to me. I hadn't heard about shipping over a week later, so I sent an e-mail on 1/19 asking about the status. Here was their reply:

"Thank you for contacting DeepDiscount!

We're sorry but the item you inquired about has been discontinued and is
no longer available. You have not been charged for this item. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience we have caused you."

My mistake, I suppose, for not reading previous reviews, which would have told me that this is a very common occurrence. Not only did they list the item as available, but I had to INQUIRE in order for them to tell me that it wouldn't be coming. Good thing I e-mailed them... Oh yeah, and interestingly enough, I HAVE been charged the $50 as of the time that I placed the order and not refunded yet. Hopefully this sorry excuse for a company will go under soon. In the meantime, do not order from them

"Never EVER order from Deep Discount. EVER. I'm in the same boat as the other folks that reviewed down below. They put up a price that draws you in and then they don't honor it. Stay Away. Seriously."

"Placed order for Band of Brothers on blu ray, got confirmation email that order was placed and then first thing Monday morning got the apology email about a pricing mistake and they would not honor the sale. Good job losing another customer!"

"DD is back up to their old bait and switch tricks. Cancelled everybody's Band of Brothers order after leaving it up all day to bring customers to the site. Unethical and dishonest. I will never order from them again. Not to mention, Amazon is typically cheaper on almost everything."

"They advertised Band of Brothers on blu-ray for $10 on their website, and on sister website DVD Planet. The price remained for an entire day. It was posted on Slickdeals and various other bargain hunter websites. 2 days later they say "woops, pricing mistake, sorry!" I don't think so. If it was a pricing mistake, it would have been taken down immediately. This is nothing but manipulative marketing. Let's draw in thousands of people to our site and get their credit card numbers by posting a bogus price. A terrible way to do business, and I will never buy from them again.

UPDATE 1/18/12: My credit card was charged for this item 24 hours after receiving a cancellation e-mail. I have yet to hear back from them. NEVER AGAIN

"Placed on Dec 2nd one item arrived the other one shipped on Dec 12th didnt receive it yet. this company have serious shipping delay even with expedite shipping check there face book page and you will see all kind of problems. last time I order from them."

"On December 6th I bought a Steampunk: The Art of Victorian Futurism by Jay Strongman for a friend's Christmas present. On December 13th I received an email that my purchase had been backordered. On December 14th I received a third email that said my order was cancelled due to an inability to authorize my credit card. When I check my credit activity it shows a hold (still to this day) from DeepDiscount for the full purchase price. That same day I sent an email to customer explaining my frustration and that they had my money already, and I did not have the funds to pay them twice for the same product. Sales support J.D. replied the next day that my order was cancelled, because they could not authorize my credit card. He did not address anything I said in my e-mail. He told me to buy the item again. I asked for a customer service number. When I called I was told much the same thing. I either want my money back promptly or my product mailed out. It's not right for them to take someone's money without providing something in return. Now I have a friend that isn't getting something for Christmas, because I don't have any money left after they took it."

"I don't really need to add to the negative reviews here, because my experience is similar. I also ordered the Firefly DVD deal. It was supposedly in stock when I purchased it on Nov. 23. It was never actually sent until Dec. 12. Their shipping companies are so poor that it can take up to 15 BUSINESS DAYS for an item to arrive. While they do have good deals, they are not worth the hassle. Luckily I can figure out something else for the person who was supposed to get this as a Christmas present. The DVD may not get here in 2012!"

JackOfAllGames's Avatar
Novac, NV

"I purchased the Firefly TV series on Blu-Ray through these guys. I got a pretty nice deal on it - $16.75 with free shipping. I'd never heard of 'em before so I used Paypal for the purchase (just in case they weren't legit).

About a week after the purchase, I hadn't heard anything and had no shipment confirmation. I contacted customer service by email. About a day later, I heard back that it was out of stock! They said they'd ship it out once they got it in (and that I wouldn't be charged until it did ship - fair enough). I asked if they had an estimate or any information they could give me. They said they couldn't. So, I finally heard back last week that it shipped. The disks arrived in the mail yesterday (12/09/2011 - 17 days after purchase).

Overall, I got a good deal. I'm very disappointed in their customer service though. As far as I can tell, they had no plans of telling me that they didn't have the item I purchased. I had to ask them directly to find out. Then when they were out, they couldn't even give me a guess as to when they'd have more. I got the item after *every* purchase I had made in the following couple of weeks. It was a good deal, but that's all. If you're buying with a gift in mind - buy well ahead of time! They're not crooks. They're just slow (and quite disorganized, as far as I can tell). There's a good chance that I'll buy from them again, now that my expectations are appropriately lowered - I'm willing to wait a bit if it means saving money.

"As a special gift for my Mother-in-law, I found a great deal for the Firefly Bluray set. The product listed it was in-stock, and I paid for it immediately via PayPal. After a week of waiting, I checked the status. The order status listed 'Open'. Figuring they had a rush for Thanksgiving, I let it pass. The following week, I checked it again -- still 'Open'. I politely sent them an e-mail checking the status of the order. They responded saying it was not in stock, and that it would ship once they had it in stock.

Having purchased this as a Christmas gift, I requested if the product would arrive to me by Christmas. They're response?

"Thank you for contacting DeepDiscount.com!

We have cancelled the order per your request. We do apologize for any inconvenience."

This company is absolutely worthless. I will NEVER use DeepDiscount again for ANYTHING, and I WILL ENSURE everyone I know is informed of how HORRIBLE their customer service is.

"Bellow is the summary of my experience with DeepDiscount customer support, your rolling the dice if you order with them.

"I placed this order on 11/20/2011 and payed via paypal, I dont see the order in my deep discount account history and I have recieved no update since then ? I also discovered tonight when I opened one of the blurays to watch (MGD007702 BLR : A BRIDGE TOO FAR) from my order ##### , there was no disk in it.One of the other blurays "in stock" took 1.5 months to ship from a prievious order. Seems like service is starting to fall off at deepdiscount, ive been a customer for years starting to think about alternatives."

"Thank you for contacting DeepDiscount!

Unfortunately we are not showing record in the system for order 60941305.
Regarding order 60779806 you will have to send the empty case back at your own expense. We will do and exchange only for the item. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Again, thank you for writing DeepDiscount.com. We appreciate your business.

Regards,

Sales Support "GD"
DeepDiscount"

"Attached is the transaction details with paypal, I will be disputing this charge obviously your ordering system was not functioning correctly. I am really not worried about returning the bluray with the missing disk, just wanted to make you aware of the problem in case you had more like this. I will not be returning as a DeepDiscount customer, missing disks gift orders that just disappear there are far more reliable retailers out there. I see your ratings have dipped significantly on retailer rating sites my review is not going to help, I only wish I had discontinued ordering from you a long time ago."

"On 11-10-11 I took advantage of a super sweet deal on the Star Wars Complete Saga set for sale on the DeepDiscount.com site for $57.81 with free shipping. I had not received any kind of shipping notice and the site indicated the order was in an "Open" status, so on 11-19-11 I emailed the company to find out exactly what their 5-10 business day shipping meant. Whether I would have it in 5-10 business days or whether it would ship out from them during that time frame. They replied the next day (11-20-11) and told me it was set to ship out within 24-48 hours and apologized for the inconvenience. On 11-21-11 I received an email stating the package had shipped and it gave tracking info. I received the package on 11-28-11, which was not bad because the Thanksgiving holiday fell during that time."

"On 11-10-11 my brother and I ordered two DVD's and one CD from Deep Discount. An email was sent to us on 11-14 stating that the order was shipped via DHL which was then handed over to USPS in St. Louis. We received the entire order on November 16, 2011. We're very happy our order only took six days to arrive. The customer service department did respond to our email."