Stores > Deep Discount

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

2012-11-06

"Non-existent customer service. I placed an order; several items qualified for their 25% discount; that should have resulted in an approximate $30.00 dollar reduction. This reduction was NOT reflected in the invoice and the immediate
charge to my credit card. The only thing this organization is
good at is filing an immediate charge to your card.

I then sent at least 5 e-mails trying to cancel the order within
minutes of its placement. Each reply stated that this was
impossible because the order had been shipped. Shipped within
minutes of my placing the order? That's bogus.

Now I have to dispute the order with my credit card company and
ship the order back when it returns. Trust me folks; you don't
want to, in this life or any future life, want to deal with
these people. ALL the bad reviews you read are true.

You'll notice that this site contains the disclaimer that "Deep
discount does no participate at ResellerRatings to monitor
feedback and resolve issues". That tells you everything you want to know!

2012-11-01

"DeepDiscount stole $33 from me.
They sent my order to the wrong address. The post office then returned it to them, but they still refused to send me a refund. Had to file claim with PayPal. Still waiting for money.
Incredible!

2012-10-17

"I made the big mistake to order from here without check reviews first.

They are just stealing people's money! don't waste your time or money buying nothin from DD.

Customer service is really bad, I place my order and still waiting product or answer (at least a decent one)

I clicking one star because there no options for less!

Total disaster, don't buy a piece of you know what from here!

2012-09-30

"I pre-ordered this DVD two months in advance so that I would be guaranteed to have it by the release date. Well, I actually received it 3 days later than its release and to rub salt in the womb, it was cheaper in b&m store and came with an extra disk. I contacted DD about this and all I got some b.s. shipping policy excuse. I asked them why would anybody pre-order a movie from them given their policies and they could not even give me an answer. They definitely gave me a reason to never shop there again. I'd been a DD customer for more than a decade."

2012-08-10

"Should have listened to all the reviews. They took my money, but never sent me my item. Go online and see they cancelled it. Not a single email from them regarding their cancellation of my item. PLEASE trust me when I say STAY AWAY FROM THEM. They are the worst. I wish someone would attack their website and take them down. They are a scam!!!"

2012-07-26

"These people are incompetent. I ordered a DVD, which never came, and they never bothered to tell me they had cancelled my order. The only way I found out was when I checked the order status online after 2 weeks. Customer service was non-existent. I will never use them again for anything."

2012-06-10

"The selection of dvd and blu-ray discs are okay,but the ordering platform is THE WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN, even after ordering things online for about 13 years. They don't want your business. When you try to go through the 6 steps of ordering, it comes to a snails pace, then goes to a blank screen. I do computers for a living; I know what I'm doing; different computers, browsers etc. I tried for thirty minutes to place an order. I still never actually got it through. Their prices were cheaper than Amazon WITH a 25% discount coupon; otherwise it's not worth it. You CANNOT get through their ordering system on certain days. I HAVE successfully placed orders with them in the past. I'm saving you some time; just order from Amazon."

2012-05-14

"I used to shop at DD.com all the time when they had amazing prices and semi-annual sales. However, the prices have increased and tales of poor customer service came rolling in and I stayed away. They recently had a $5 coupon promo, so I thought I'd try them again, but now I will never shop with them again.

Shipping was slow, but that was expected. However, I ordered a single Blu-Ray movie, which arrived opened and re-sealed. There was no disc inside. I received an empty case. I immediately called their customer service line and was told I would receive a replacement movie and a shipping label to send back the empty case.

After about a week and a half with no further communication, I emailed their CS department for an update and was told that nothing had been sent. They emailed a return label and I was told that a replacement movie would be sent 5-10 business days after receiving my return. I purchased an envelope and sent the empty case back the very next day.

10 business days later, I again inquired on the status of the order and was told that the return had not been received. This was on a Wednesday, so I waited until the next week. With no further update on Monday, I initiated a chargeback with my credit card. Similar cases of returns never being received are common around the net, and the only recourse is to dispute the charge with your credit card company.

In all, I've done a lot of online shopping in my lifetime and this is by far the worst experience I have ever had. I will not be giving Deep Discount any more business.

2012-04-26

"RIP OFF!!! I PREORDERED a video game and they immediatly took my money then when the video game was released they put it on back order. I tried to cancel and get it else where but then they say its in the process of shipping so I cant cancel the order when the game came out almost a week ago!! If they have an item for 95% off I will not order from these guys again!"

2012-03-31

"The disc purchased was shipped and arrived fine.
Not particularly speedy, but not heinously slow.

But despite several requests, this vendor has refused or been unable to remove me from their email list. I now receive undesired email daily and, on some days, multiple email messages.

Given this experience, I would counsel folks to avoid this vendor.

2012-03-30

"Worst seller ever. Placed an order using a coupon, the screen before you click the Place Order button reflected the $5.00 coupon discount. When I clicked place order, the charge they actually made was for $5.00 more than the price I had agreed to pay. Talk about bait and switch.

I then e-mailed them asking them to fix it, and remove the $5.00 from the order. They refused. I then asked them to cancel my orders, which they agreed to.

I got a shipping confirmation that night, after I cancelled the orders. I contacted them again, and they told me that once they are shipped they can't cancel. They weren't shipped when I cancelled...morons!

They said I can ship them back for a refund, wasting an hour out of my day to go to the post office. I am filing a complaint with the BBB as well.

NEVER ORDER FROM THEM, THEY ARE ONE OF THE WORST RETAILERS OUT THERE.

2012-03-22

"Deep Discount placed me on their mailing list and has not honored repeated requests to remove my email address from their list.

My order was cancelled as a price mistake, and while I take no issue with that, I have no desire to do further business with this company in the future. The fact that they are violating US laws governing commercial email is even more reason to avoid them.

2012-03-15

"I should have looked here before I ordered - BIG mistake on my part. I ordered 8 Blue-Ray discs, four of them on a 2-4-1 deal. I fell for the free shipping. I ordered BR discs from four other places and they had all arrived, so I emailed DeepDiscount, as there were a few other issues as well. For instance: 1) Why did they double bill me? Jeff told me (yeah, my misfortune to also deal with him) that orders are only billed when they ship. (That doesn't mean they won't take an AUTHORIZATION for the total amount - which will only drop off according to the terms of your credit card company, usually 45-90 days - and they did! FOUR TIMES! one for each item that they split out of my order) 2) Why do they say shipping in 3-7 days when later they email you that it's really 5-10 days, and 15 if it's "out of the ordinary"? Oddly enough, the 15-DAY delivery estimate they gave me was from the date of my email, NOT the date they billed my account! (So much for "billing only when they ship it.") 3 Why didn't they credit the 2-4-1 deal? They charged me FULL PRICE! TWICE, and then a per disc price billed three times in addition! (They finally rebated a portion and dropped one of the authorizations - but only after I threatened them over and over again). Each time I requested that they drop an authorization, I would look at my account and see that THEY HAD TAKEN ANOTHER. One for each email I sent! (Vindictiveness on their part? Can't say, but I wouldn't be surprised.) All of this transpired over a series of at least 10 emails from me to them and as many back. I still haven't got the bulk of the order. Just one disc so far. STEER CLEAR OF THIS PLACE. Adverse reviews have no effect on them whatsoever. They will not change. (I strongly suspect this "Jeff" is some kid who got fired from his paper route and is now doing business out of his mom's garage...) "

2012-02-28

"Just to let everyone know,they have great deals.Don't order anything if you want it soon.AND make sure you take anti-anxiety meds b4 you try to order.I have been trying to checkout now for over an hour.it keeps sayings my email won't match address,AGAIN.They sent me an email earlier today saying they fixed it.oh well.Thank God for Klonopin!!!! I'm sure it'll be a few hours before I finally checkout. "

2012-02-13

"I placed an order on Saturday night, Feb. 11 at 9:20 p.m., and realized the next morning when I saw the confirmation for it that somehow my apt. number was not in the ship to address that I had selected. I sent an email yesterday morning, Feb. 12 at 10:29 a.m. after I tried to call and make them aware so that I could get the address changed before the order shipped out, and got the message that they were closed. I didn't know what else to do, and found the email address to send the message to, after digging around on their website and finding it. I woke up this morning, and in addition to the email telling me the order had shipped at 1:21 a.m. on a Sunday (!), there was an email from (GD) that came in this morning at 8:21 a.m. telling me the address had been changed on my account, with nothing specified about this order, which I had made specific note of--including the order number and correct address. I immediately called them at 1-800-264-5076 and spoke with their rep.,Jeff, who could not have been less helpful or any more sarcastic. Sensing that I was getting nowhere with him, and with the rudeness with which he was treating "helping" me, I asked to speak with a supervisor. It was obvious that he would not be routing my call to one, given the obvious disdain he had for my query, and the fact that he totally showed no understanding or empathy for the issue. I was placed back on hold, and after several minutes of holding, intercepted by clicks and silence, the call was taken by another rep, Yovanna--NOT a supervisor. She obviously didn't want to route my call to a supervisor either, and told me that there was only one available, and that she would have to call me back. When I asked her name, Yovanna started to say what sounded like John, but quickly changed the name to Jennifer. That was at 9:34 a.m. this morning. I knew at that time that nobody would call me back as requested when she asked if I wanted a call back, or to call back myself. Again, as predicted, I was right. I guess the order is now enroute to my apt. complex with no unit number, thanks to the laissez fare attitude of every single person I interacted with at their company. Too bad. I'm a consumer who votes with his dollars.

It has been some time since I've had to call their company about an order, but I remember very clearly being treated in much the same same cavalier, arrogant manner before. One time being treated this way is one thing, having it happen twice is another. I just thought I would write a review on the quality of their representatives. There are too many other options for ordering media to be treated this way and just take it. I'm the kind of guy who just writes a review of a company, and moves on. Too bad.

Share Deep Discount's store rating

Deep Discount is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Deep Discount is not a merchant member
Deep Discount does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!