Product & services pricing Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.00/10 1.00/10

"I used to shop at DD.com all the time when they had amazing prices and semi-annual sales. However, the prices have increased and tales of poor customer service came rolling in and I stayed away. They recently had a $5 coupon promo, so I thought I'd try them again, but now I will never shop with them again.

Shipping was slow, but that was expected. However, I ordered a single Blu-Ray movie, which arrived opened and re-sealed. There was no disc inside. I received an empty case. I immediately called their customer service line and was told I would receive a replacement movie and a shipping label to send back the empty case.

After about a week and a half with no further communication, I emailed their CS department for an update and was told that nothing had been sent. They emailed a return label and I was told that a replacement movie would be sent 5-10 business days after receiving my return. I purchased an envelope and sent the empty case back the very next day.

10 business days later, I again inquired on the status of the order and was told that the return had not been received. This was on a Wednesday, so I waited until the next week. With no further update on Monday, I initiated a chargeback with my credit card. Similar cases of returns never being received are common around the net, and the only recourse is to dispute the charge with your credit card company.

In all, I've done a lot of online shopping in my lifetime and this is by far the worst experience I have ever had. I will not be giving Deep Discount any more business.

"RIP OFF!!! I PREORDERED a video game and they immediatly took my money then when the video game was released they put it on back order. I tried to cancel and get it else where but then they say its in the process of shipping so I cant cancel the order when the game came out almost a week ago!! If they have an item for 95% off I will not order from these guys again!"

"The disc purchased was shipped and arrived fine.
Not particularly speedy, but not heinously slow.

But despite several requests, this vendor has refused or been unable to remove me from their email list. I now receive undesired email daily and, on some days, multiple email messages.

Given this experience, I would counsel folks to avoid this vendor.

"Worst seller ever. Placed an order using a coupon, the screen before you click the Place Order button reflected the $5.00 coupon discount. When I clicked place order, the charge they actually made was for $5.00 more than the price I had agreed to pay. Talk about bait and switch.

I then e-mailed them asking them to fix it, and remove the $5.00 from the order. They refused. I then asked them to cancel my orders, which they agreed to.

I got a shipping confirmation that night, after I cancelled the orders. I contacted them again, and they told me that once they are shipped they can't cancel. They weren't shipped when I cancelled...morons!

They said I can ship them back for a refund, wasting an hour out of my day to go to the post office. I am filing a complaint with the BBB as well.

NEVER ORDER FROM THEM, THEY ARE ONE OF THE WORST RETAILERS OUT THERE.

"Deep Discount placed me on their mailing list and has not honored repeated requests to remove my email address from their list.

My order was cancelled as a price mistake, and while I take no issue with that, I have no desire to do further business with this company in the future. The fact that they are violating US laws governing commercial email is even more reason to avoid them.

"I should have looked here before I ordered - BIG mistake on my part. I ordered 8 Blue-Ray discs, four of them on a 2-4-1 deal. I fell for the free shipping. I ordered BR discs from four other places and they had all arrived, so I emailed DeepDiscount, as there were a few other issues as well. For instance: 1) Why did they double bill me? Jeff told me (yeah, my misfortune to also deal with him) that orders are only billed when they ship. (That doesn't mean they won't take an AUTHORIZATION for the total amount - which will only drop off according to the terms of your credit card company, usually 45-90 days - and they did! FOUR TIMES! one for each item that they split out of my order) 2) Why do they say shipping in 3-7 days when later they email you that it's really 5-10 days, and 15 if it's "out of the ordinary"? Oddly enough, the 15-DAY delivery estimate they gave me was from the date of my email, NOT the date they billed my account! (So much for "billing only when they ship it.") 3 Why didn't they credit the 2-4-1 deal? They charged me FULL PRICE! TWICE, and then a per disc price billed three times in addition! (They finally rebated a portion and dropped one of the authorizations - but only after I threatened them over and over again). Each time I requested that they drop an authorization, I would look at my account and see that THEY HAD TAKEN ANOTHER. One for each email I sent! (Vindictiveness on their part? Can't say, but I wouldn't be surprised.) All of this transpired over a series of at least 10 emails from me to them and as many back. I still haven't got the bulk of the order. Just one disc so far. STEER CLEAR OF THIS PLACE. Adverse reviews have no effect on them whatsoever. They will not change. (I strongly suspect this "Jeff" is some kid who got fired from his paper route and is now doing business out of his mom's garage...) "

"Just to let everyone know,they have great deals.Don't order anything if you want it soon.AND make sure you take anti-anxiety meds b4 you try to order.I have been trying to checkout now for over an hour.it keeps sayings my email won't match address,AGAIN.They sent me an email earlier today saying they fixed it.oh well.Thank God for Klonopin!!!! I'm sure it'll be a few hours before I finally checkout. "

"I placed an order on Saturday night, Feb. 11 at 9:20 p.m., and realized the next morning when I saw the confirmation for it that somehow my apt. number was not in the ship to address that I had selected. I sent an email yesterday morning, Feb. 12 at 10:29 a.m. after I tried to call and make them aware so that I could get the address changed before the order shipped out, and got the message that they were closed. I didn't know what else to do, and found the email address to send the message to, after digging around on their website and finding it. I woke up this morning, and in addition to the email telling me the order had shipped at 1:21 a.m. on a Sunday (!), there was an email from (GD) that came in this morning at 8:21 a.m. telling me the address had been changed on my account, with nothing specified about this order, which I had made specific note of--including the order number and correct address. I immediately called them at 1-800-264-5076 and spoke with their rep.,Jeff, who could not have been less helpful or any more sarcastic. Sensing that I was getting nowhere with him, and with the rudeness with which he was treating "helping" me, I asked to speak with a supervisor. It was obvious that he would not be routing my call to one, given the obvious disdain he had for my query, and the fact that he totally showed no understanding or empathy for the issue. I was placed back on hold, and after several minutes of holding, intercepted by clicks and silence, the call was taken by another rep, Yovanna--NOT a supervisor. She obviously didn't want to route my call to a supervisor either, and told me that there was only one available, and that she would have to call me back. When I asked her name, Yovanna started to say what sounded like John, but quickly changed the name to Jennifer. That was at 9:34 a.m. this morning. I knew at that time that nobody would call me back as requested when she asked if I wanted a call back, or to call back myself. Again, as predicted, I was right. I guess the order is now enroute to my apt. complex with no unit number, thanks to the laissez fare attitude of every single person I interacted with at their company. Too bad. I'm a consumer who votes with his dollars.

It has been some time since I've had to call their company about an order, but I remember very clearly being treated in much the same same cavalier, arrogant manner before. One time being treated this way is one thing, having it happen twice is another. I just thought I would write a review on the quality of their representatives. There are too many other options for ordering media to be treated this way and just take it. I'm the kind of guy who just writes a review of a company, and moves on. Too bad.

"Placed my order on 1/1/12 and my credit card was charged on the same day but I never received my books. When I tried to follow up to find out the status of my order on 2/8/12, I was told that they NEVER had those book as they were discontinued. It's a WASTE OF TIME TO DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY."

"I figured someone had to leave a revciew of this site that didn't make them appear completely worthless.
On January 8th I created an account and ordered two CDs. On January 11th I got a notice that the items had been shipped saying they would be delivered between the 21st and 25th. On the 25th I received my oitems.
Seeing as how I didn't pay a penny for shipping and probably could have chosen and paid for a faster service, I really have nothing to complain about.

"Wow, you guys are lucky that THEY contacted you to tell you that your item was in stock. I placed an order for a textbook ($69 at my bookstore, $47 on this sham of a site) on January 11. I read the horrible reviews of the site right after I placed the order, but I thought it wouldn't happen to me. I hadn't heard about shipping over a week later, so I sent an e-mail on 1/19 asking about the status. Here was their reply:

"Thank you for contacting DeepDiscount!

We're sorry but the item you inquired about has been discontinued and is
no longer available. You have not been charged for this item. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience we have caused you."

My mistake, I suppose, for not reading previous reviews, which would have told me that this is a very common occurrence. Not only did they list the item as available, but I had to INQUIRE in order for them to tell me that it wouldn't be coming. Good thing I e-mailed them... Oh yeah, and interestingly enough, I HAVE been charged the $50 as of the time that I placed the order and not refunded yet. Hopefully this sorry excuse for a company will go under soon. In the meantime, do not order from them

"Never EVER order from Deep Discount. EVER. I'm in the same boat as the other folks that reviewed down below. They put up a price that draws you in and then they don't honor it. Stay Away. Seriously."

"Placed order for Band of Brothers on blu ray, got confirmation email that order was placed and then first thing Monday morning got the apology email about a pricing mistake and they would not honor the sale. Good job losing another customer!"

"DD is back up to their old bait and switch tricks. Cancelled everybody's Band of Brothers order after leaving it up all day to bring customers to the site. Unethical and dishonest. I will never order from them again. Not to mention, Amazon is typically cheaper on almost everything."

"They advertised Band of Brothers on blu-ray for $10 on their website, and on sister website DVD Planet. The price remained for an entire day. It was posted on Slickdeals and various other bargain hunter websites. 2 days later they say "woops, pricing mistake, sorry!" I don't think so. If it was a pricing mistake, it would have been taken down immediately. This is nothing but manipulative marketing. Let's draw in thousands of people to our site and get their credit card numbers by posting a bogus price. A terrible way to do business, and I will never buy from them again.

UPDATE 1/18/12: My credit card was charged for this item 24 hours after receiving a cancellation e-mail. I have yet to hear back from them. NEVER AGAIN

Deep Discount is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Deep Discount is not a merchant member
Deep Discount does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!