Stores > DealExtreme - DX

Customer service: Rating 6.79/10 6.79/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.41/10 7.41/10

2016-02-01

Nice and Best Product

"Nice and Best Product and Great Quality "

This review was modified by 221155 on February 01 2016 03:59:22 AM

2016-02-01

Solución Muy buena ante un producto defectuoso

"Después de recibir un producto defectuoso, se produjo su devolución sin ningún inconveniente por parte del vendedor y se sustituyó por otro completamente nuevo.
Una rápida y eficaz respuesta por parte del vendedor.
Muy satisfecho

This review was modified by juanmat88 on February 01 2016 03:11:50 AM

2016-01-29

buyer beware

"I first checked about DX.com here in resellerratings about 2 months ago. At that time they had a rating of about 8.5/10, so I thought it would be ok to go on and place an order. I finally did in January 7th. Since then, their rating has been taking a dive and in less than a month hundred people have rated them bad, and the rating has dropped to 6/10 and it keeps dropping. For a sample of nearly 6000 reviewers, dropping from 8.50/10 to 6 is big! It shows clearly there is something wrong with dx.com right now.

My personal experience with them is probably the most frustrating in the last 10 years of online buying and I will definitely NOT buy from them again, nor do I recommend them to anyone.

Some details:
I ordered a smartphone with a listed "handling time" of 2-4 business days. The order was in "processing" for 2 and a half weeks. That's 12 business days, an 200% overshoot of their claimed time. Everytime I contacted them, their response was the one that has already appeared in this review board numerous time. "Wait more".
Only after I said I wanted a refund and cancellation of my order (requested that twice) the item magically appeared as "shipped" (January 25th), but - surprise - the tracking number they provided was "not found". Eventually it started showing information after 3 days and today - the 4th day after they issued the tracking number- it appears to be still in Singapore.

Which brings us to the next thing. There is NOT an EU warehouse (for those of you ordering through their EU direct section)!!
I ordered through their eu direct department, and the item ships from Singapore. This whole thing is a way of tricking potential customers and placing their orders with them. I looked in the FAQ, there is no CLEAR statement that there is no eu warehouse. Period.

So right now, we are on the 16th business day since I placed my order and they have exceeded the total time I was about to expect : 2-4 business days for handling and 8-11 business days for arriving in my destination country. The package is still in Asia. And by judging from other people's complaints, I will be waiting more.

I guess if I go and open a dispute right now in paypal, I will be the bad guy, uh?

PS: this is as a reply to the response by DX.com on January 31:
1) the information about the non-existent EU warehouse is NOT on the FAQ page of the EU direct site. http://eud.dx.com/FAQ/faq ... Don't fool people around. I ordered through eud.dx.com.
2) The holiday season starts February and your page says that orders placed AFTER February 2nd will be delayed. I placed my order January 7th. So, NO, I will not change my review, I will not remove the dispute.

This review was modified by JohnKap on January 31 2016 11:30:59 PM
Rep reply posted Jan-31-2016

“Dear JohnKap,
We are sorry for the inconvenience there caused.
Due to New Year's Festival is coming, there is some delay in delivering packages.
We will explain something about EU Direct.
We clearly stated that there is EU warehouse in FAQ.
Q: Do you have warehouse in EU?

A: There is no EU Warehouse, we send EU Direct goods from world factory to EU (27 countries), and have cooperation with Post NL to make faster delivery.

All orders are shipped from China, not Europe.
Just now we checked your order 160107135031711944,which has been split into two parcels, which was shipped on time.
Please track it on http://www.17track.net/en.
Here is the tracking information:
2016-01-28 09:49 The item is on transport to the country of destination
2016-01-31 09:34 Despatched to overseas (Country code: GR)
Could you please wait patiently for the update?
Due to close to our Spring Festival, some of packages are a little delayed.
Could you please close the dispute for us firstly?
If you have anything else,you can write back to us via ticket#2D4B8C1B26C641F58207B1383F9CCCE5.

2016-01-25

Disappoint Deal Extreme-

"Ordered bike light early December.Never received it.Contacted them a couple of times through chat line. At first told to wait 20 more days (this was after one month).Today Jan 25 still don't have light. Contacted them.They said is was xrayed and sent back at Customs.Would they have just kept my money?Why didn't they notify me and let me know its not being shipped?Why didn't they notify me and tell me they were giving me a credit???I will never use this company again!!"

This review was modified by chortolo on January 25 2016 07:47:32 AM
Rep reply posted Jan-25-2016

“Dear chortolo,
Sorry for the inconvenience. There must be some misunderstanding.
Recently, due to Paris Terrorists Attack Event, EU countries government intensify the custom security check.
Your package was returned by NL post office, so we've issued full refund to your paypal.
1VG61******576817 is the refund ID.
If you have anything else,please kindly contact our ticket service or live chat service in a timely manner.

2016-01-21

Untrustworthy

"Although the shippment is delayed since about 5 weeks, dealextreme told every week, that I have to wait for another week.
I requested my money back, but nothing happens.
So, neither I have the buyed product, nor my money back.

This review was modified by halem on January 21 2016 05:30:53 AM
Rep reply posted Jan-21-2016

“Dear halem,
Sorry to hear this. The average ETA for parcels to Germany is about 2-4 weeks,which will exclude weekends and normal holidays,etc.
We checked it on http://www.17track.net/en/track?nums=RX915****76DE
2016-01-08 00:00

DE, Arrived at Destination, DEFRAA, 06:05 (LT) ARRIVAL AT DESTINATION COUNTRY
Since from Jan.8th, it has arrived at German custom office.
Could you please firstly close the dispute for us and contact your local custom office for further information?
If you have anything else,please write back to our customer service support (ticket#47C145CB61FB44F3ACFFCBFCAAE248A7).

2016-01-18

Cancel your order if DX request you to Confirm your order using Unsecured pages with photos from your ID card and Credit Card

"Two years ago I made an order - value 2-4 euros, if I remember right. I received it about 2 weeks later, so it was OK.
Now I made a new order, 3 items and value 11.41 euros, ordered on Friday. Today on Monday, they asked me to send Payment Confirmation (as follow):

8< ----------------------------------------------
Dear Customer,

Thank you for ordering from DX.com. To ensure the payment was made as per your request, further confirmation is needed for this payment. Would you please provide u as listed below to help confirm your payment process and information?(click here to see sample):

1. A photo of both sides of your credit card. For the safety of your account and card number, (please cover or black-out the CVV2/CVC2/CSC2 code) just show us the first 6 digits and last 4 digits of your card number.
2. A photo of the cardholder"s ID card/ Passport/Driver license(Please choose one of them).

Thank you for your co-operation in providing DX with the necessary information needed to process your order effectively.

Please submit your information at this https://cs.dx.com/Ticket/Credit/59E4026ABEE34364B3F7FF1D0A03633B ... (I removed the order ID) We will get down to fulfill your order upon receiving your confirmation. Thank you for your time and understanding.

8< ----------------------------------------------

After I cheked the linked page where the confirmation should give them - it is unsecured web-page and I should send them photos where are my ID-number with all possible identity information, almost full copy of my credit card etc.

Are they insane? Any skilled cracker be able to steal my identity ... and second one if they collect these IDs and other information behind these cards. What will happend if anyone will crack their system? In my country, this kind of registering are illeagal, in any cases - and now DX want to buy for me only if I send them all important ID information about me.

Are they planning to buy this register for some third party or why they collect this information? Why they have to do it using unsecured web-page - they still have secured web-page for ordering, so I cannot understand why should I have to send photos of my ID and CreditCard to them - I believe that they are insane (some level).

11-12 euros cannot be a reason - they have all information of my Credit Card that they need for my shopping - any other parties are been happy after that, even with 200-500 euros shopping. Why they need so much extra information and extra identification information?

Anyway I will try to take a contact their management tomorrow - if I cannot shop with their ID mess, I will take a contact for some News portal ... and I know, this kind of news are been copied often to international news portals as well.

Added information (01/19/2016): If my card would be stolen, it is killed card 10 or 15 minutes after I called to my credit card company. It happened once - and robbers couldn't use it after 5 minutes. Just two charging that CC company didn't charge me. So I don't understand why you create this massive risk that someone skillful cracker will make an indentification theft with your help.

The indentification theft is more massive risk in your store than my shopping with 11 euros even if you would be a company that I shouldn't be trust. I hope that you are not ... and anyway - your verication process takes so much time that anyone that have stolen cards should be able inform about that for their banks or Credit Card companies. So - I really don't understand your extra verification proces - you should be able to make a verification request for my card, if it is alive or killed and it should be all that you need to do for verification, especially if you make this verification after few days from the order. That is fact in real world today.

And you should understand that if card holder and order receiver are same person with same address than 2 years ago - the card cannot be stolen.

Finally , I have to say - why to order only for 11 euros if I would use a stoled card? If I would be a theft, I used at least 100 or 200 euros for items that are easy to re-sell, not only one cable, one adapter and one USB hub.

My order is now canceled - so people in here - do not ever send photos of your ID or CredCards for this company (or any others as well) using unsecured web page. Check the status of the web page from left side of the address field. There should be green sign and after clicking this green sign you should see the certification for secured connection etc.

Please, don't use this site anymore.

This review was modified by atakor on January 19 2016 06:57:35 AM
Rep reply posted Jan-18-2016

“Dear atakor,
We are sincerely sorry for what you have been through.
We just want you know the verification process is required out of security reasons regarding every order paid by credit card and paypal.
Please understand, to prevent those lawbreakers to make orders with stolen cards and to ensure every tracsaction is legal,we would require our customer to provide us with necessary materials.
And we think this is by all means understandable.
Most of our customers have cooperated with us in this case.

We promise we would never expose your information to the third party.

Hope you can understand.
If you are not reassured, you can contact our live chat service to cancel your order.

Your early reply is highly appreciated.

Sincerely,
DX Team”

2016-01-16

EU now located in Asia?

"DX.com uses the term "EU Direct" to mislead customers in believing they will avoid tax/customs issues which is not true. The only thing to make you suspicious is the checkbox for a tax insurance which is offered while you wouldn't expect it to be necessary with a EU Direct shipping. DX.com will try to trick tax/customs offices by declaring whole smartphones as smartphone cases for $10 for example. In the end these easy discernable lies will cost lots of nerves and taxes which you intended to circumvent by using EU Direct.

There are no excuses, DX.com just doesn't stand in for what the term EU Direct generally implies - no matter what their FAQ says.

This review was modified by SumD00dYo on January 16 2016 03:18:17 PM
Rep reply posted Jan-18-2016

“Dear SumD00dYo,
We make a sincere apology for the inconvenience there caused.
However,there must be some misunderstanding.
Please read the FAQ here:
Q: Do you have warehouse in EU?

All orders are shipped from China, not Europe.

Q: Do we need to pay extra VAT or duty for EU direct parcels ?
A: We will separate your parcels and arrange the delivery. In normal you will not be afraid to bear the European import duty. If you are worried, we suggest you pay Import Tax & VAT Insurance when you do the checkout. Then we will pay the duty when the parcel is held by local customs.

If you have bought the Import Tax & VAT Insurance, and in the event that you are charged any tax & VAT when the package is delivered, please sign for the package and pay the taxes. Then please submit a ticket and provide us the the tax document, invoice or receipt.

Please note that the tax insurance service is only for the orders from European countries.The tax reimbursement claim must be made within 60 days from the date of shipment. The max compensation amount is up to $40 for per order.

About your order 151020135013651572, we have requested our post office to check offline.
We will send you an email via ticket system.(reference no. D3797F949351472FA153DD53F6501398). Please get back to us there.

2016-01-13

Europe: EUD and delivery in 7-9 days? NO!

"It has been 24 days since I placed order but the package still did not arrive! However, delivery is stated in 7-9 to Czech rep. in products description. I was expecting some delay due to Christmas but its 14 days after new year and still nothing. I dont really see the benefit buying from EUD! Next time I will rather order from Aliexpress directly from China (cheeper and also delivery in a month).

#2: You should look at dictionary what is the diference between SHIPPING and DELIVERY time. Also, when I exclude holidays and weekends its makes 15 days anyway (http://www.timeanddate.com/date/workdays.html?y1=2015&m1=12&d1=21&y2=2016&m2=1&d2=14). Don't make people fools... Have a nice day!

This review was modified by doomon on January 15 2016 12:11:59 AM
Rep reply posted Jan-14-2016

“Dear doomon,
Sorry for the inconvenience you've been through.
There must be some misunderstanding.
The total delivery time needs to be calculated with the handling time before shipment.
The handling time for Czech orders before shipment is 2-4 working days, and the shipping date is 7-9 working days.
Besides, we were on New Year's holiday from Jan.1st. to Jan. 3rd.
Weekends will be excluded,too.
Just now we checked your order again, pls see below:
2016-01-14 00:00 38203, K?emže, The consignment was deposited - addressee not at home.
Could you pls contact your local post office for further check?
If you have anything else,pls get back to our ticket service or live chat.

2016-01-12

"I am at my wits end with this DealExtreme.

I placed an order for a Kingzone K2 phone from their EU Direct warehouse on December 9th with the expectation that the item would arrive before Christmas. Their website clearly stated that the longest delivery time to my house in the UK would be 11 business days from the time of order.

I STILL have not received my phone which was meant to be a Christmas gift for my wife.

I have been in touch multiple times with their customer support but keep getting told that I need to wait longer for it to be delivered even although it arrived in the UK a few days before Christmas.

The tracking system went dead when it arrived in the UK. I have no clue where my phone is now.

DX claims that Royal Mail has it and it is out for delivery, but come on, how long do I seriously have to wait here?

I have asked for a replacement to be sent out, but they refuse to do so. They keep saying wait another week, and when the week elapses, I write to them again, and they say to wait another week.

This has gone on now for the past three weeks or longer. I am sick and tired of it.

I paid more for the phone from EU Direct. I know I could have bought the same phone for less on competitor sites but was willing to pay the extra bit to ensure a rapid delivery.

There has been no apologies, no 'good will' shown. Nothing!

I have used Ali Express many times now. They always follow through. Never had a problem. I try DX and am totally dissatisfied.

All, I ask for is my phone which has been paid for. My wife was far from happy when there was no gift on Christmas.

Rep reply posted Jan-12-2016

“Dear Gallso,
Sorry for the mess you've been through. All our items are shipped from China.
This was due to UK post office didn't update tracking information timely. Once the package left China, we can only wait for the cooperative post office to update further information.
We've requested them to check this package offline.
We need to contact our related department to investigate this matter.
We will get back to you as soon as further confirmation received from post office.(around one to two weeks).
Or you can get back to our ticket service in 1-2 weeks.
Hope for your understanding.

2016-01-12

"Dear .........

Thanks for your reply.

As soon as we get feedback we will contact to you.

If you still do not receive the package after 1 or 2 weeks, please contact us again and we will follow up.

Please do not worry, your purchase with DX is guaranteed. If the package is lost on the way or returned to us after further investigation, we will arrange for a refund or replacement for you.

Thanks for your patience.

Best wishes,

Lingina

after same responds but no refund

Rep reply posted Jan-12-2016

“Dear karaprincess,
Sorry for the inconvenience there caused. Your case is a little different.
Your order is shipped with tracking code,so we have to request our post office to check offline.
It's very common to see packages not scanned by destination Post Offices while packages are still normally en-route and delivered.
We need to contact our related department to investigate this matter.

If our post office confirm your parcel is lost, we will make full compensation then. However,now we have to wait for the news.
You can get back to us via ticket system in 1-2 weeks.
Thanks in advance.

2016-01-11

Never recive the package

"I order a small accesorie for a Nikon camera. Wait for three months, but it wasn't delivered to my adress. I ask them for the lost package and the told me that it was maybe lost by the Postal courier of my country. It could be possible, but it could be not. Ther is one thing taht IS for sure...I'll never buy again on deal extreme.

Next day after I wrote this review. DX has just refund the cost of the order. Well. It' nice. Not perfect but nice.
Thaks to rhithis web and DX. Next time it will be better for sure.

This review was modified by Vlatard on January 12 2016 04:36:45 AM
Rep reply posted Jan-11-2016

“Dear Vlatard,
First of all,sorry for all inconvenience there caused to you. No matter how postive or negative the review you hold,it means a lot to DX.
Your order has been confirmed lost,meanwhile we have issued full refund to your paypal.
It is gonna take about 1-3 working days for you to recieve the money.
Sorry for all.
It's hard for us to control since the packages are shipped out from the cooperative post office.
There might be any unexpected reason which might cause the "package lost",such as irresponsible post man at home and abroad, the poor transportation condition, or custom detention, even natural factors like flood, fire disaster,etc.
We have no ability to list all the factors but one thing we can guarantee that if customers' packages are confirmed lost,we will make full compensation.
Hope for your understanding.

2016-01-07

"Good service and products

DX has low prices compared to local retailers and tech shops, and they have a wide variety of products.
I ordered from direct EU.DX and i take cheap insurance for taxes - this time it was necessary because my packet was taken By local duty. I sent document that i have paid taxes to the DX customer service and i get money back (taxes) very quickly.
The staff at DX and customer service is very friendly and easy to deal with. Shipping wasn't really much of a deal because it's free! (Only it takes time)
Super happy with the products they have!

This review was modified by Esa_H on January 07 2016 01:18:27 AM

2016-01-06

"Good quality products at the best prices. Three of them had a product problem, but solved."

2016-01-06

"Bought cheap $9 digital room thermometer, does not work properly, opened ticket, they ask for photograph of defective item, but I have no camera nor phone.

Open long chat, girl Joice says go borrow a camera, who? I say back, she talks to boss, I offer to buy a better thermometer, she says ok, we will fix problem, expect email.

Nothing for 3 days, open another chat with one Bunny, they cannot access old chat transcript, so I tell story again, expect email says she.

Email asks for photograph, I reply no camera.

Reply asks again for photograph, I reply no camera.

I throw thermometer away.

We done.

Update:

New email says get camera from friend, I reply am friendless, they reply so sorry this to hear, they would condescend to believe me, but just this one time, and would I like a replacement or credit. Credit.

Update 2:
See below; I now have to buy a camera to do further business? Nay.

This review was modified by AnotherVeryPissedOffCustomer on January 07 2016 11:24:00 PM
Rep reply posted Jan-07-2016

“Dear AnotherVeryPis,
We are sorry for any inconvenience there caused. Please understand that, for defective items case, uploading pictures is our company rule. Through that, we can forward pictures or video to suppliers to check where the problem exists.
Many other customers are cooperative to upload the pictures or video to us at the first time when they report defective cases.
Hope you can understand.
Finally,this time we've made a concession that, store credit compensation has been saved into your dx account,but next time if you have any problem about using items,please do upload photos or video to illustrate.

2016-01-03

"DX has very low prices compared to local retailers and tech shops, and they have a wide variety of services. I've had a product arrive to me in a non-working condition, and the staff at DX provided a replacement to me at no cost. Customer service is very friendly and easy to deal with. Shipping wasn't really much of a deal because it's free! Super happy with the products they have!"

This review was modified by JJeeRRYY on January 03 2016 04:41:34 PM

Share DealExtreme - DX's store rating

DealExtreme - DX is a Merchant Member! Learn more

DealExtreme - DX is a merchant member
DealExtreme - DX participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,612 merchant members.